Caps Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Yes that was before I have convinced the others to adopt this method for the time being. Which is basically the point of this thread. They agreed to try it out which was why the Caps were raised so much for this PPV. This PPV will be the first time that this will take effect. I wanted everyone to know that they didn't need to shove out 4-5 rps just cause thats what the caps are.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Having a high cap is more or less to challenge the two involved. In PWA, I rarely made my cap, and I lost always because of that. So I really like this idea!

Andy

Reaction score
Kind of makes caps pointless...

The whole point of caps in the first place is to prevent screwjobs. If there are not caps in place, people can roleplay however many times they want and beat their opponent that way.

This new idea is basically going that route, except with the involvement of caps.

The_King

Reaction score
We'll have a definite answer by next week when we get the new rules out. Sorry for the delay and confusion guys!

Last edited:

Pete

Reaction score
No, actually, Andy, here's how it is:

Imagine two books. One has no chapters, the other does. They're still two whole books, and will still be judged in their entirety, no?

Same with caps. With this new system, your 20 RPs would be viewed as chapters of your one book, while my 1 RP would be viewed as a whole book as well, only without chapters.

Does that make sense? It took me a little while to understand too, but it makes sense if you think about it.

As for storyline losses, don't be ridiculous, guys. I am perfectly fine with throwing a match or two to put my opponent over before a PPV. And dropping IC to get a shot at HW is like having your Mum take away your Nintendo DS to give you a PS Vita. Would you complain then?! Exactly.

The_King

Reaction score
We'll have a concrete answer for you when the rules go up. For now, try to fill your caps guys!

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
No, actually, Andy, here's how it is:

Imagine two books. One has no chapters, the other does. They're still two whole books, and will still be judged in their entirety, no?

Same with caps. With this new system, your 20 RPs would be viewed as chapters of your one book, while my 1 RP would be viewed as a whole book as well, only without chapters.

Does that make sense? It took me a little while to understand too, but it makes sense if you think about it.

As for storyline losses, don't be ridiculous, guys. I am perfectly fine with throwing a match or two to put my opponent over before a PPV. And dropping IC to get a shot at HW is like having your Mum take away your Nintendo DS to give you a PS Vita. Would you complain then?! Exactly.

I seriously hope you're kidding. Why not be able to have 2 belts? I honestly don't see the problem with that.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I think there needs to be a discussion about the titles done eventually. Cause there seems to be definite division about the belts.

BDC

Reaction score
lol...what's been talked about the belts so far is so hypothetical. How about let us worry about craziness like that and just take the guidelines and dish out some rps. I dare you guys to make some caps. Of course, most of the young would rather go for the minimums maybe and complain? Nah, I think you guys can work to prove yourselves and your characters. About the caps and 1 beating 2...whatever. Let's see you rp one to match MY two...go ahead. Good luck. :rock2:

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
yeah its all hypothetical so its about time for the real talk eventually :p I'd def participate in that one :p

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I never said it would always happen but at some point it might need to happen. Your every RP isn't going to be 5 star so it may never even need to occur but if I hadn't stated it and we had to do it there would be a lot more crying about it later.

But this is the CAPS Discussion so keep it on topic

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The best system I have ever seen in an RP fed for caps was where it would change slightly depending on whether it was a weekly show, PPV or title match.

For a regular match on a weekly show it was 1 RP each. No real need for anymore, each person puts all their effort into the one RP and then there is no issue with 2 vs. 1 or 3 vs 2. Also ensures that people don't get burnt out each week and ensures that almost everyone will RP. The weekly show shouldn't be a huge over the top show, the most important thing is the PPVs.

For a title match on a weekly show it was 2 RPs each. Title matches are more important so therefore they should get more RPs.

For a regular PPV match it was 3 RPs. PPV's are more important than the weekly show, people RP well on the weekly show in order to get on the PPV so therefore you need more RPs.

For a title match on PPV it was 5 RPs. Again because it is a title match it is more important than a normal match and because it is on PPV you expect more and allow the participants more freedom with more RPs.

What also helped was that the schedule was an extra week before PPVs eg. Week 1 on Jan 1st, Week 2 on Jan 8th, Week 3 on Jan 15th, PPV 1 on Jan 29th, Week 4 on Feb 5th etc. That way people had more time to write the extra RP's for the PPV and actually built up the PPVs more as more time was given to prepare for them.

Pete

Reaction score
That sounds sort of like what we're aiming for at the moment. Although I'd say 5 RP caps for a title match at a PPV, with a system of that kind, is excessive. We used to have in excess of 6-caps for such matches in the PWA, but our average cap limit for a regular show there was 2-3 RPs. If you have a 1-2 RP cap on a regular show, the cap for a PPV title match should not be more than 4.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It could easily be altered to a 1, 2, 3, 4 cap system making it 4 RPs for a PPV title match rather than five, gives it a nice flow as well with it increasing by 1 RP for each step up.

Reaction score
PY just proved to me why I hate caps and more than one RP. I have nothing against him but he basically took my RP and used it in his. What's that called? Piggy-backing. It's bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.