BREAKING NEWS - Randy Orton Suspended 60 Days

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Vita

Reaction score
for all those questioning if cena would be punished if he was caught, why would he ever get caught?

he knows he's the face of the company, he knows the backlash hogan got when he got caught in the 90's, he knows he's under the microscope and they all MUST know that CM Punk stands right next to them and will never test positive for anything...

So why risk it? If cena needs time off to heal he can take it, he's not at risk of losing his spot like a mid carder would be. Cena's too smart to risk it, Orton apparently isn't.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I love how every time someone gets suspended someone has got to say "Well they wouldn't bust Cena." No one stops to think that hey, maybe Cena just isn't a fucking idiot and doesn't do drugs. Cena haters are so much more annoying than Cena fans. Hell, Cena has made me a fan of him the last 3 years or so.
Calm yourself jesus christ. I never said Cena IS on anything or that WWE HAS covered up anything, i'm simply speculating and speaking hypothetically like with most of the subjects posted on here because they're just rumours.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Cena failing a test would be really a mess since he is basically the image that they wanna convey themselves as so I honestly think if he failed and there was a way for it to not leak to the public they would sweep it under the rug cause him getting busted even if he did apologize for it would do damage to WWE more than anyone else failing. That said I doubt he is on anything.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If Cena did fail a test WWE would openly admit it because there is no way they could cover it up.

The good news is WWE never have to worry about Cena failing a test because he won't. He has been there for over a decade and has been clean the entire time, he knows that there is no point cheating the system and probably most importantly some people simple don't use drugs because they don't want to use them and Cena is clearly one of those guys. He knows that he is the number one guy for WWE and willing to take on the responsibility of being the top guy unlike some of the other top stars and that is part of the reason why Cena is still the undisputed top guy in WWE. He takes on all the responsibilities and can handle the pressure when under the microscope.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
F4Wonline.com is reporting WWE creative didn't learn of Randy Orton's suspension until it was posted on WWE.com.

They had already been working on developing a feud between Orton and Dolph Ziggler on Smackdown.

It is thought that WWE knew for a few days Orton would have to be suspended and that's why WWE added John Cena to Smackdown tapings. However, WWE also booked Orton strong on Monday's RAW where he gave an RKO to The Miz and had Dolph Ziggler teasing his feud with Orton.

Bad timing for Ziggler here, Orton needs to straighten up especially when he was about to go into another pretty good feud where he could put on good matches with a guy like Ziggler for the fans. Ziggler is prob pissed too as he could of been in a feud with one of the top 3 guys. He feuded with CM Punk for the WWE Championship, then does shit for the past couple months and now when he can get another good feud going with a top guy which can get him into the main event scene again (which he deserves). It gets halted for 2 months because of the other guy.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It could still work out well for Dolph Ziggler. With Orton off for two months WWE has to push a wrestler or even wrestlers to fill his mainevent position and Ziggler would be close to the top of the list to help fill that gap.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
According to SuperLuchas.net, Randy Orton violated the WWE Wellness Policy when he tested positive for both marijuana and the steroid Dianabol.

The report notes that the drug test taken by Orton initially revealed that he had tested positive for marijuana, which then resulted in a $2,500 fine by WWE. Upon further investigation of the drug test, it was then revealed that Orton had tested positive for Dianabol.

Dianabol is an oral anabolic steroid which is typically used by bodybuilders.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
He should try to get a refund on those steroids. Pretty poor that he apparently tested positive for the two substances, even if marijuana only carries a fine it isn't the best look for a top star to be testing positive to an illegal drug.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Someone on here said it in a Smackdown thread that he looked a lot bigger and watching that match referred to, they were bang on. He was very obviously juicing because he put on that much weight in a short period of time (a side effect of D-Bol is water retention)

I'm not even allowed to sell the stuff on my store because the liver damage dangers and it's banned by UK Anti-Doping (side note to UK posters - Abel Xavier was banned while playing for Middlesboro for using it)

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Randy Orton's future with WWE is uncertain following their announcement Wednesday that he was being suspended for 60 days for his second violation of the Talent Wellness Program. SuperLuchas.net reports the SmackDown wrestler met with Chairman Vince McMahon, Executive Vice President of Talent and Live Events Paul Levesque and Executive Vice President of Television Production Kevin Dunn at the organization's headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut on Friday to discuss his future with the organization.

A WWE source described the meeting's atmosphere as "hostile;" it was determined that a further decision concerning Orton awaits. The report adds there are "several" officials lobbying for his termination as a cost-cutting measure. They feel his lucrative ten-year contract—signed in January 2010—can no longer be justified if he is brought back in a mid-level role. His second suspension hinders WWE from continuing to feature Orton in headline role since a third drug-testing policy infraction would result in automatic termination.

McMahon is especially infuriated with Orton, who felt he had matured in recent years. The nine-time world champion's suspension reportedly stems from a positive drug test for the anabolic steroid Dianabol, which is banned by the United States Congress under its Controlled Substances Act. He also reportedly tested positive for marijuana, which is subject to a $2,500 fine.
SuperLuchas is usually a credible source and there's no doubt in my mind there's probably an ounce of truth in most of this but i'm just not buying it really. Now I don't know how the contract situation works, but surely firing a guy with 8 years left on his deal won't be cheap. Orton is one of very few legit stars they actually have, so disposing of him as if he's nothing would be absolutely criminal. Sure, the trust might not be there now for them to give him a world title, but there's absolutely no reason why they still can't book him in high profile feuds a month at a time for example. Use the guy and his starpower to make some new stars.

There's a part of me that think it might be better for both parties in the long run for them to push for him to fail for a third time because once he's taken the year off I swear they come back with a clean slate and no strikes right? The guy is plenty rich so a year away wouldn't hurt him at all really, he gets to spend time with his wife and daughter and fully heal from the injuries he's picked. He's also a WWE lifer really so he wouldn't need to go to TNA.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Orton's future uncertain?

Randy Orton’s future with WWE is uncertain following their announcement Wednesday that he was being suspended for 60 days for his second violation of the Talent Wellness Program. SuperLuchas.net reports the SmackDown wrestler met with Chairman Vince McMahon, Executive Vice President of Talent and Live Events Paul Levesque and Executive Vice President of Television Production Kevin Dunn at the organization’s headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut on Friday to discuss his future with the organization.

A WWE source described the meeting’s atmosphere as “hostile;†it was determined that a further decision concerning Orton awaits. The report adds there are “several†officials lobbying for his termination as a cost-cutting measure. They feel his lucrative ten-year contract—signed in January 2010—can no longer be justified if he is brought back in a mid-level role. His second suspension hinders WWE from continuing to feature Orton in headline role since a third drug-testing policy infraction would result in automatic termination.

McMahon is especially infuriated with Orton, who felt he had matured in recent years. The nine-time world champion’s suspension reportedly stems from a positive drug test for the anabolic steroid Dianabol, which is banned by the United States Congress under its Controlled Substances Act. He also reportedly tested positive for marijuana, which is subject to a $2,500 fine.

Surprising to hear some people want him terminated. It's absolutely risky knowing he's signed a long-term contract and he's got only one chance left. What are your thoughts?

Ryan

Reaction score
Re: Orton's future uncertain?

He's one of the best guys they have so they are certainly in a bad situation but I agree if he has an enormous contract it would be tough to justify with a mid card role. I have no doubt he'll fail another test at some point, it's just a matter of when.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Re: Orton's future uncertain?

The other problem is that he has an erratic behavior. Even if he controls the drug problem. He is still the guy who trashes rooms, throws fits, and does silly shit.

The main thing that actually makes this plausible though is how big he has flopped as the face of SD as he has been exposed and they don't quantify him as the draw they thought he was when he was feuding with the likes of HHH, Cena, Edge, Batista, Taker, and Michaels. He for exposed after the company finally put him across from non big names and he showed he couldn't deliver what they needed him to do when it came to establishing the new guard. I mean SD had its worst attendance in over a decade with him as champ and then started selling tickets when Henry took the strap off him to go with ratings rising

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Jeff Hardy receive the biggest push of his career after his second suspension? I see no reason for WWE to even cconsider firing him after this situation. Yes Orton was an idiot for doing what he did and WWE have to wonder about whether they can trust pushing him to the stars with two strikes over their head but I am sure that Orton won't want to screw things up and lose his job. Orton is too big a name for WWE to lose completely right now and so they wont fire him. If they were worried then it is simple, book him in big feuds but have him lose all the time, just don't put the title on him right now if you don't think that you can trust him as champion.

On a side note a ten year deal is pretty extreme, you never know when someone could get injured and have to retire. Cena is the only guy that I would consider signing to that kind of deal and even then a five year deal makes a lot more sense.