BREAKING NEWS - Randy Orton Suspended 60 Days

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Randy Orton finally made the first public comments on Twitter about his suspension. A fan asked if he was going to return as a heel and he replied:

"We can only pray."

Orton was also asked why he was suspended and he replied with:

"When I'm able to tell you, I will. Until then, don't believe everything you read!"

Orton also noted on Twitter his suspension has 50 days left which means it is over on July 27th. By that ending date, his suspension began on May 25th, the same night he gave an RKO to The Miz on RAW.

According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Randy Orton's suspension of 60 days is going to cost him about $200,000. Reportedly there has been discussion to keep him off of television past SummerSlam to teach him a lesson so he misses out on the big pay-per-view and big payday. If he was to be kept off television for another four weeks, missing SummerSlam, his financial losses will be somewhere around $275,000.

That's a lot of money but he's already rich enough. So Randy would make over $1.5mil a year. Prob $2mil.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
There is no such thing as rich enough.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Be good if he returns as a heel, his best character work is done when he is a heel and he has been face long enough.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Orton def isn't gonna be easy to replace given how thin they are with the main eventers as it's Cena then Punk and then Orton as the top 3 names and after that its up in the air. Also gonna put more wear on Cena and Punk as Punk is gonna replace Orton on the road for Smackdown so I think based on that alone they can't afford to lose him.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
[h=6]Rumors continue to swirl that Randy Orton's continued employment with WWE is in jeopardy following their announcement May 30 that he was being suspended for 60 days for his second violation of the Talent Wellness Program.

A WWE source notes that Vince McMahon is livid with Orton, particularly since he was so "outspokenly indifferent" to the suspension. Another source says Orton was hastily benched to ensure that he return before SummerSlam on August 19, but "something happened" shortly after the announcement that infuriated the WWE Chairman. This has led to discussions of Orton not being brought back at all after his suspension concludes.

Former WCW announcer Mark Madden stated last Thursday via Twitter that WWE is looking to terminate their partnership with Orton since he's considered difficult to deal with and due to the belief that his value has plateaued.

There are people within WWE saying Orton's time away from the squared circle 'isn't going to be that big a problem.' For the first time, officials are openly categorizing CM Punk as the second-ranked babyface rather than the two as equals. Many also feel SmackDown's babyface side will be sufficient with Sheamus, Christian, Sin Cara, Rey Mysterio returning soon from suspension and the option to turn Daniel Bryan at a moment's notice. Orton has made and saved a lot of money during his career and resides in an area where he could live comfortably for several years without financial worry. His wife Samantha also comes from a well-to-do family, so not having a steady income is reportedly not a major concern for him.

There is a 'small, vocal pocket' within the sports entertainment organization lobbying for Orton's termination. Those opposing his return feel his lucrative ten-year contract—signed in January 2010—can no longer be justified if he is brought back in a mid-level role. His second suspension hinders WWE from continuing to feature Orton in headline role since a third drug-testing policy infraction would result in automatic termination, or, as some have stated, a "one-year suspension."

In another potential factor, there is concern over the physical state of Orton, who has incurred numerous injuries over his twelve-year career. Some officials believe his body is breaking down and there are questions regarding the state of his neck and spine.

According to SuperLuchas.net, the nine-time world champion’s suspension stems from a positive drug test for the anabolic steroid Dianabol, which is banned by the United States Congress under its Controlled Substances Act. However, that is not confirmed. Orton claimed to test positive for a tainted supplement.[/h]

Looks like Orton may not come back and especially given that line of the neck/spine and his body is breaking down. This is why Edge left on a good note and time.

Could Orton's career be actually over sooner than we thought?

Killz

Reaction score
I don't really think he's done. I still think it would be foolish of WWE to let him go. Whilst he is replaceable in my mind and has been lacking as of late that is almost entirely due to booking. His best character is a heel, vicious character but that sort of character needs to be causing havoc and chasing the most over babyfaces. His title reigns were too anticlimactic and he ironically works better chasing the gold as opposed to holding it. That in itself is odd for a heel but that should be the case.

I'd say he needs to be positioned as a superstar. Regardless of others opinion, I think Orton's mic work is due to laziness. When he needs to sell something on the mic, he does, so I think his booking needs to be better upon return. If I were WWE I'd give him one more shot and throw everything behind him. That doesn't sound like a sensible business decision but the crowd won't care if you POSITION him as a mid-level talent. Throw him back in the mix, let him go back to the Legacy type deal, that was some entertaining TV.

All I keep thinking though is how little it would realistically affect WWE to lose him but how big a pick-up he might be for TNA...does anyone think he'd legitimately work there or would he move away from the business? He's got a family to support so leaving the country or working smaller shows isn't really an option. Interesting story.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If WWE were worried about his body then they never would have signed him to a ten year deal. I still can't imagine WWE releasing Orton because he is still one of their biggest stars. The one part in that news article that I find humorous is that they say that a reason behind him not coming back is because there are enough faces on Smackdown. Apparently Orton can't turn heel even though they already mention that Bryan can turn face at any given moment. Orton does his best work as a heel and them using a packed face roster on Smackdown as a reason to release doesn't give this report much credibility.

I agree that he has stagnated a bit and CM Punk may/may not have taken his spot at number two but still why would WWE want to lose their number three star? Especially at a time when they have so few top talents to cover two brands.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
According to ProWrestling.net, Randy Orton is being advertised for the July 30th edition of WWE Raw in Cincinnati, Ohio and the Smackdown tapings the following night on July 31st. Orton is also advertised to face Dolph Ziggler at house show events following those dates, and he's being advertised for SummerSlam on August 19th. Because Orton is not being advertised for any dates prior to July 30th, it appears as if this will be his return date.

Orton was suspended by WWE for 60 days on May 30th for violating the company's Wellness Policy for a second time.

May not mean anything as the card is always subject to change but if it is that's still a long way away. When he comes back he's gonna have to control himself and he should not feud with Ziggler unless Orton is champion and he is putting Ziggler over.

Found this comment funny tho: I can't wait until the next time I get to see the 'Clothesline, Clothesline, duck a Clothesline, Powerslam' spot.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
According to F4WOnline.com, there is reportedly more backstage heat on Randy Orton due to comments he made on Twitter following his 60 day suspension. When asked by a fan whether or not he would be returning as a heel, Orton responded by saying "we can only pray."

It's being said that WWE is firmly behind Orton as a top baby face in the company, and became upset when he publicly shared his dislike of his current TV role via Twitter. As previously reported, despite the ongoing issues between him and management, Orton is expected to be pushed as a top guy upon his return to WWE TV.

Orton's so much better as a heel. Him as a face is just bland.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Can you confirm a tweet like that without the report? That sounds like something WWE wouldn't let him say.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler