BREAKING NEWS - Randy Orton Suspended 60 Days

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Jeff got the push but in the words of Sable to power slam mag " Hunter always had a hard on for the Hardys in the back". It was said by dirt sheets that Stephanie opposed even pushing Jeff but Trips and Vince backed giving him another chance. Jeff also to his credit compared to Orton had a payoff. Jeff was always a merch mover and attraction people would Pau to watch. SD was in better hands with him at east from a rating and dollars standpoint.

I just don't see them losing Orton as being ground shaking. TNA could take him but it wouldn't rock WWEs foundatio. And I'll keep saying it to I'm blue in the face, but they could give Batista a cash offer he couldn't refuse and people wouldn't care from the fans to the stockholders because you could place Dave in Randy's shoes and the brand and title scene for SD would drastically improve to what they hoped Randy would provide in Edges abscence

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Orton to TNA would be a pretty big deal and WWE wouldn't want to risk that. Obviously if he fails another test they will have to let him go but they will do all they can to stop it from happening. Yes he isn't a huge money draw like a Cena, Hardy or even CM Punk but he is easily top five in WWE.

They could get Batista back as cover but how long does Batista have left? He must be mid forties by now and he wouldn't be able to wrestle for more than another year or two. With Orton, barring injuries, he could go another decade.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Reports came out from SuperLuchas on Monday that Randy Orton's WWE future was up in the air after meeting with Vince McMahon, Triple H and Kevin Dunn at WWE headquarters on Friday. The report stated that the meeting's atmosphere was "hostile" and it was determined a further decision concerning Orton awaits. SuperLuchas says that several WWE officials were lobbying for Orton's termination as a cost-cutting measure.

PWInsider now reports that WWE officials indeed met with Orton over the weekend and there is definitely talk about not bringing him back as soon as his suspension is over. Their report doesn't mention Orton being terminated but the idea would be to make Orton "sit it out and stew" once the suspension is over.

We noted earlier that one change coming out of the Orton suspension is WWE may start announcing which banned substances talents test positive for. One temporary change we will see is a lot of the RAW Superstars working SmackDown tours this summer while Orton is away. Rey Mysterio will be returning in a few weeks to add some depth to SmackDown but expect to see guys like Kofi Kingston, R-Truth and Zack Ryder work a lot of the upcoming SmackDown live events. John Cena and CM Punk have already been booked for upcoming SmackDown tapings.

This looks serious. Orton is signed until 2019 so what would happen if he gets terminated?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I don't get how some are saying losing Orton isn't a big deal, he's easily one of their top five biggest stars, one of the most recognized wrestlers in the world today. TNA signing him would easily be the biggest thing they've ever done. WWE doesn't want to let Orton go, and I don't think they should. When was his first suspension anyhow? It's not like these were consecutive offenses like Bourne, and they haven't let Bourne go yet.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Orton is easily replaceable, he isn't as big of a merch seller as a John Cena or someone like Edge.

You could totally replace him with a Ziggler or Kofi or shit even that Goldberg clone.

It's not like we are replacing Hogan with The Warrior here.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
How do you know how much merch he sells?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I make snap judgements based on the crowds I see on TV.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
As for the whole Orton going to TNA thing like that's a threat, I'm pretty sure WWE doesn't give a damn if they're seriously considering getting rid of him. Orton tried to play with fire in 2006-2007 with how immature he was and now he's doing it again. I'm a huge fan but I have no sympathy for stupidity. If they released then so be it. Dolph Ziggler could be a bigger star than Orton if you give him five years and thats something that I don't think one person can disagree with if they booked him properly.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Maybe if they don't bring him back straight after the 2 months it'll teach him a lesson, you'd think a guy like him would be more mature now and know not to take steroids or any other drugs. It wouldn't be a huge loss for WWE, Ortons matches became way to predictable. You could almost time it to the second when someone was prepping to leap right into an RKO. His promos were mediocre at best as not one person would be intimidated if...someone...talked...to...you...like...this. But it is pretty shocking that they're even considering firing him. Orton's shown he's not worth the effort. I really think WWE has known this for awhile. He hasn't been in the spotlight for some time. And it also shows that Vince isn't taking any crap from anyone with the wellness policy though.

TNA is probably praying harder than ever, I bet.

When Can a Talent Return If Fired For 3 Wellness Violations?

As reports continue to swirl regarding Randy Orton's future with WWE, as some officials have been lobbying for Orton's release, while others feel there is no way the company would let him go, the language of the Wellness Policy is worth noting as it does stipulate that a talent terminated for three violations can return to the company after one year.

The following is direct verbiage from WWE's Wellness Policy:

"In the event of a third positive test for substances prohibited by this Policy other than marijuana and alcohol, the WWE Talent's contract with WWE will be terminated and WWE will publicly disclose the WWE Talent's name and that WWE Talent's contract was terminated for a third violation of the Policy.

Any WWE Talent, who has participated in a drug rehabilitation program as a result of the Policy, must undergo the mandatory unannounced follow-up testing set forth in Section 8 C (1) of the Policy for the remainder of his/her contractual relationship with WWE.

Any WWE Talent, who leaves the WWE for any reason with a first or second violation on his/her record, will maintain said violation count on his/her record from the time he/she departs WWE until the time he/she returns, if ever, to the WWE.

In addition, a WWE Talent, who is terminated by the WWE for a third violation of the Policy, will be prohibited from returning to the WWE for at least one (1) year. If a WWE Talent, who is terminated for a third violation of the Policy, is permitted by the WWE, in its sole discretion, to return to the WWE, then (1) such WWE Talent must test negative for all prohibited substances under this Policy during the pre-contract screening process; (2) such WWE Talent will return to the WWE with a first and second violation of this Policy against his/her record; and (3) such WWE Talent must undergo the mandatory unannounced follow-up testing set forth in Section 8 C (1) of the Policy for a period of at least one (1) year after execution of his/her new contract with WWE."

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
At the moment the WWE officials may think that they won't bring him back right away but I can imagine that in two months time WWE will be desperate for him to return. In the end if he does get a third strike it doesn't seem too bad since he only has to be away for a year. He has a wife and possible children so it would be a nice break after being in the industry for a decade.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
That's the thing. Even if Orton does get the third strike, he's not going to TNA. He will just take the year off, spend it with his family and get his act together.

I can only hope Randy keeps his nose clean from now. I think his current run was pretty good, and he did a great job of making others look like gold.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I don't get how some are saying losing Orton isn't a big deal, he's easily one of their top five biggest stars, one of the most recognized wrestlers in the world today. TNA signing him would easily be the biggest thing they've ever done. WWE doesn't want to let Orton go, and I don't think they should. When was his first suspension anyhow? It's not like these were consecutive offenses like Bourne, and they haven't let Bourne go yet.

This.

He's still the second biggest star in the company behind Cena, and thats after a year of constant jobbing.

The smarks will try and claim Punk is bigger, but nobody gives a fuck about Punk and theres tons of proof to go with that.

Easily replaceable my ass....this isn't Titus O' Neil or Daniel Bryan we are talking about, it's RANDY FU#KING ORTON.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I would say Punk is a bigger star than Orton, but not by much, but you're right, Orton is not easily replaceable. He's been built as a star for the better part of 10 years, and done fairly well, he has his haters, but also his huge fans. You can't replace that overnight.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Orton isn't easily replaceable by any means, but it's no surprise to hear people are considering terminating him as a cost measure. I'm sure that 10-year deal they signed him to is tiresome for WWE when Randy isn't even being used on television for 2 months because of a suspension.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if Triple H is more frustrated than anyone with him considering he's been one of Orton's biggest defenders over the years and it makes Triple H look like an idiot when Randy still pulls this crap. WWE would be losing a guy they've put a ton of stock into if Orton was to be fired, but on the other hand, it's not like it could hurt WWE that much. Even if he joined TNA, he's not the kind of star that could pose a threat to WWE. He would certainly be missed, but his absence wouldn't be crippling by any means.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Ortons been jobbing? To who, he has lost a few matches and was immediately put over those people and killed whatever momentum they were gaining.

Reactions: 1 person