BREAKING NEWS - Randy Orton Suspended 60 Days

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
This actually came at a great time for Orton. He's been almost unbearable to watch lately, he hasn't been doing anything meaningful, and his recent feuds really haven't made him look good. He's been pretty much in limbo. Hopefully the two months he's gone will make the fans feel some suspense for him and WWE can retool his character a little. That's a lot easier to do when a wrestler is completely removed from television.

On the flip side, he better not do this again for his sake and make the most of his brief push when he returns. It'll be interesting to see whether or not WWE mentions this on television like they did with Chris Jericho.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Whilst I'm happy that I won't see him on TV for 2 months, it kinda sucks for business and he will be missed. Sucks cos him and Dolph coulda had some good matches and a solid fued.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Ah Randy Orton...

Everyone keeps saying it's his 2nd strike, but I am very positive it's his actual third.

Randy Orton is sitting on one strike. In August 2006, he was quietly suspended for 30 days for his first violation of the company's drug testing policy — reportedly due to a drug test failure. Starting in September 2004 through February 2007, Orton received somatropin, nandrolone and stanozolol. In August 2007, company officials reasoned that Orton had already served his punishment due to his drug policy violation from the prior year — thus he was not suspended. However, Orton continued receiving pharmaceuticals through February 2007 — well past the date of his initial drug test failure.

He was also suspended in 2007 the same time that [COLOR=#cc0000 !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=#cc0000 !important][FONT=inherit !important]Chris [/FONT][COLOR=#cc0000 !important][FONT=inherit !important]Masters[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] was suspended for 30 days.

DashX

Reaction score
Very disappointing and shocking news. First Y2J now Orton WWE is losing their main eventers. At least its good to know that WWE enforces their rules even for main eventers. I hope Orton tuns heel when he comes back.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Am I seriously the only one that thinks this has potential to do good? Lets see who potentially gets more time. Miz Tag Matches Dolph Christian Rhodes. This is a good thing

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
547381_405088636196863_323348924370835_1176051_1512759965_n.jpg

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Randy didn't get a strike for signature as they had already caught him. That is why he got a pass, as he was already caught for it unlike Morrison, Chavo, others that got suspended. This is his second strike

He got suspended for his behavior before in the past when they wrote him off with the broken ankle by Kurt Angle.

So the only notable ones with no strikes in recent years are HHH, Cena, Batista, Edge, Kane, Big Show, Christian, Jericho, and Taker.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
So the only notable ones with no strikes in recent years are HHH, Cena, Batista, Edge, Kane, Big Show, Christian, Jericho, and Taker.

Edge got busted twice......

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Edge got busted in signature but had a legal prescription for his steroids for his neck on file. He has talked about that before.

JMobile

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
This should give Ken Anderson something to talk about in TNA at least

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I am not surprised as he is more a problem for the company then anything and you'd think by now Orton would know better especially at his age. One more strike and you're gone Randy but I'm sure it won't ever happen as he'll always get a pass now. Can't risk losing a big star. Let's hope during his time off he can work on his promo/mic skills and delivery of them.

They should push Cody Rhodes now.

Rey Mysterio, Chris Jericho, Randy Orton all on suspensions and you have Lesnar with limited appearances and you booked the HHH storyline too early.. That's not good for WWE. Losing big stars.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Dumb, dumb, dumb.

This shows why he never got to the Cena level, he has all the wrestling ability required, he can talk and he is over but he doesn't have the right attitude. So stupid to try to cheat the system, they always get caught and it is great that WWE have actually suspended him for 60 days and aren't trying to cover it up. Shows that the Wellness Policy is legitimate. Going to need to get his act together since he is now only one failed test away from being fired.

The silver lining is that with Orton, Jericho and Mysterio all suspended WWE almost have to push new stars to fill the void. Unfortunately WWE may simply decide to bring HHH back full time. WWE need new stars to carry the load and maybe this will force their hand to push Ziggler, Kofi, Rhodes, Miz, Barrett and others into the mainevent and this time no yo-yo pushes.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Am I seriously the only one that thinks this has potential to do good? Lets see who potentially gets more time. Miz Tag Matches Dolph Christian Rhodes. This is a good thing
No, in fact I already said it was. Both for Randy and the fans who have suffered enough of his bland feuds lately.

I'm really not hung up on his feud with Ziggler apparently getting nixed either. Ziggler is a fantastic wrestler, but his character is hardly one of my favorites as he hasn't evolved since he became Dolph Ziggler. That guy needs a retooling also. His partnership with Vickie has run it's course.

At least now when Randy comes back after 2 months, WWE can turn him heel much easier. I see no reason why WWE shouldn't go that route with him, he's been a quite boring face the past few years and it shows at Wrestlemania when he's not doing anything special. Smackdown will not suffer without him either. Sheamus runs that show and has been running it for quite some time now.

tjScarbi

Reaction score
Excellent, time for Y2J and Orton to come back as a heel tag-team Nexus-style and try to destroy the company.