15/16 Football Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

King B

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Being Leicester born and bred, this is actually pretty emotional lol, brink of collapse and relegation to league 1, to then 7 years later being on the bring of winning the premier league, it's all too much really.

Reactions: seabs

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Being Leicester born and bred, this is actually pretty emotional lol, brink of collapse and relegation to league 1, to then 7 years later being on the bring of winning the premier league, it's all too much really.
Do not want to be a downer but it be a struggle to keep some of your top players next season. congrats though, well deserved and a breath of fresh air

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Dammit, Bayern.

And now, just like Real, I'm hoping they pull out all the stops on their home field and advance to the finals.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Atlético will not be stopped. The biggest challenge in their path to the finals, has been conquered. They have one more game, but I have faith.

Nick

Reaction score
I feel it's Atletico's to lose at this point. Don't count Bayern out, they came back from 2 down against Porto last year and Juve this year, but Atleti is playing so good right now. Real and City fuckin sucks

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I feel it's Atletico's to lose at this point. Don't count Bayern out, they came back from 2 down against Porto last year and Juve this year, but Atleti is playing so good right now. Real and City fuckin sucks
Atletico came back from losses to both Barca and Real and handed them their asses in a month span. This is probably their best stretch of games, in a long time.

Nick

Reaction score
Atletico came back from losses to both Barca and Real and handed them their asses in a month span. This is probably their best stretch of games, in a long time.
If they can contain Bayern again, they'll win the CL, then in the summer sell Gimenez for 50 million+ and possibly Oblak.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I'd rather have Costa back. Still bummed that he left for suck ass Chelsea.

Nick

Reaction score
I'd rather have Costa back. Still bummed that he left for suck ass Chelsea.
Lol fuck Costa, shitty ass person. Atleti will find some bargains as they always do, and watch Correa develop into a star. They're just gonna keep bringing in young players on the cheap and sell them for a ton. In a few years, they'll have made so much money off Gimenez, Griezmann, Oblak, and Saul.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Lol fuck Costa, shitty ass person. Atleti will find some bargains as they always do, and watch Correa develop into a star. They're just gonna keep bringing in young players on the cheap and sell them for a ton. In a few years, they'll have made so much money off Gimenez, Griezmann, Oblak, and Saul.
True. If they keep them through the Summer (which they likley will) they definitely have the chance of building their profile even more. I'd like to think one of them would become a banner bearer for the club.

I'm probably the only that sees a lot of potential in Torres. He has a lot of room to grow, but he has had some amazing showings.

Nick

Reaction score
True. If they keep them through the Summer (which they likley will) they definitely have the chance of building their profile even more. I'd like to think one of them would become a banner bearer for the club.

I'm probably the only that sees a lot of potential in Torres. He has a lot of room to grow, but he has had some amazing showings.
Torres is like 30, and he's just not the same. Gotta give credit where credit is due though, they've got him scoring goals again. Griezmann still the GOAT tho

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Torres is like 30, and he's just not the same. Gotta give credit where credit is due though, they've got him scoring goals again. Griezmann still the GOAT tho
Oliver Torres...he's 21.

Should've cleared that up.

Nick

Reaction score
Oliver Torres...he's 21.

Should've cleared that up.
Makes more sense :haha:

He's got lots of potential on FIFA, so he'll be good girl obviously

King B

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Do not want to be a downer but it be a struggle to keep some of your top players next season. congrats though, well deserved and a breath of fresh air

Probably so, Kante apparently has a £20m buy-out clause in his contract, Arsenal are insterested.
Mahrez is probably off to Barca.
I can see Schmeichel leaving also.
But with the £100m+ we'll get from winning the league and the money we do get from selling players, we could be able to make a great squad.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Probably so, Kante apparently has a £20m buy-out clause in his contract, Arsenal are insterested.
Mahrez is probably off to Barca.
I can see Schmeichel leaving also.
But with the £100m+ we'll get from winning the league and the money we do get from selling players, we could be able to make a great squad.
There's also the question of guys wanting to leave. Take Vardy for example. Say United, Real or Bayern want him. He's not guaranteed the same spot and focus in either of those clubs as he is in Leicester. In Leicester he's the top dog among the strikers. In real he'd have to play second fiddle to Ronaldo, third fiddle to Benzema and fourth fiddle to Bale (assuming of course that those guys remain in Real after the summer of course).

Some of these guys might choose to stay in Leicester and be stars, rather than go to a bigger club and risk getting lost in the shuffle. If King power is willing to hunk over money of course.

Exact reason Kane has stayed at the Lane after his last season. He knew he would not be guaranteed to receive the same opportunities to play and grow had he left for a bigger club with bigger stars.