15/16 Football Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Gav back in the championship

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Discuss anything related to the current football season in this thread whether its premier league, champions league, la liga or football league!!!

UP THE BORO!!!

@Solidus

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
As I said on the other thread...

So Chelsea signed Baba Rahman, I'm now hoping we can get another player in (Koke or Pedro) who can play on the wings, and then maybe Stones and we should be set. We were decent against City, the quality of Aguero, the wrongly disallowed Ramires goal and our shocking lack of quality in the final third for the most part fucked us over for the 3-0 game but I think we can improve if Mourinho finally actually makes more signings.

In fact, I think we should have signed Cabaye for the £8 or £10 mil he went for to Palace, he's definitely good enough to play for a top 6 team and playing alongside Matic and Oscar, he could be really good. He runs a lot, puts in tackles, his passing and set-pieces are quality, I really enjoyed his performance against Arsenal on the weekend.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Hoping Spurs finalizes the signing of either Berahino or Heung-Min Son soon. We've done good with buffing our defense this silly, but a few more offensive pieces won't hurt.

Also, super stoked for group A in the CL. I get the chance to see PSG and Real Madrid live if I can get tickets and such sorted for a trip to Malmö.

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
@seabs just realising our teams play each other tomorrow whats your prediction?

On paper i think we should win But sheff wed away is never an easy game for us I'll be happy if we get a draw

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
In bants mode we'll smash you all over ya wanna be mackems.

In serious mode but sides are playing below expected so far, I love big Dave to death but he's not a lone target man so we'll struggle with that. If Joao starts I give us more of a chance of snatching summet. A draw would probably be fair.

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Gary hooper is signing for you ain't he hopefully it takes a while to wrap up if true lol

I hope doesn't play about with the team too much again like last week we were poor against Bristol

pottsy946

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Gary hooper is signing for you ain't he hopefully it takes a while to wrap up if true lol

I hope doesn't play about with the team too much again like last week we were poor against Bristol

nah not yet. Norwich got some striker issues going on with Lewis 'Awol' Grabban, so think Hooper has been dleayed, but they got Turner from us and he will be great as a champ CB

pottsy946

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
so @Gav the Champ! whats going on with Boro atm, as they were my favs for automatic, but not looked great so far (yeah Bristol City game cost me money)

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Chelsea's group doesn't seem too bad. Porto could be a tough test but I reckon we'll have enough quality to end up finishing #1 in the group.

Also, John Stones apparently won't be let go by Everton for £40 million. I assume it's just them biding their time until they can get a replacement in but it's really annoying.

We have Palace tomorrow, I'm quite worried about this game. Palace are quality, we'll need a performance like our first half vs West Brom to beat them, rather than a City-esque performance. Also, why is this game apparently not on TV here? Would be fantastic to watch.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Heung-Min Son confirmed for Tottenham, but he'll only start come getting his work permit. Has capped 87 games and scored 29 times for Leverkusen. Decent signing.

We have Everton tomorrow. Tough game but one that we should be able to win. We'll be entertaining never the less.