15/16 Football Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
The downside to playing a very young team I guess. Eriksen even though he's not that older than the rest brought that experience on that side of the field.
Yeah it's match experience isn't it? Eriksen was playing in Ajax's first time from really early wasn't he?

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Yup he did. Spurs has a good side, with time this dry spell will end. And when Son and Clinton can start playing we also have more alternatives.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
So do my Arsenal Giroud is too much of a pretty boy poser.

Need a genuine 20 plus goal man to look anything like causing a title challenge
Giroud is such a sexy beast though. Yeah arsenal do need an option up top. No idea who though.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Benzema would be a special singing, is Ibra wanting to leave this week? Cavani isn't a line leader IMO.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Benzema would be a special singing, is Ibra wanting to leave this week? Cavani isn't a line leader IMO.
Who knows honestly about Ibra? His manager is in Milan so that's throwing a lot of fuel on the fire, then there's the PSG boss and the Juventus boss reportedly having a meeting at the CL seeding. But the CL itself will become a factor now. Since Paris got seeded into the same group as Ibra's hometown and mother club. And it's a dream of his to play the CL in Malmö.

Gav back in the championship

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Yeah he probably would lol, look at his record. I wouldn't be too confident of promotion this season for any team the league is beyond weird.
Yes the championship has got be the most unpredictable league in the world just look at derby and Brighton for example i bet nobody thought derby would of went the first 5 games without a win whilst Brighton are sitting on top winning 4 and drawing only one games reckon you could guess which will go up this year i reckon us hull and Qpr if they manage to hold onto austin what about you?

Reactions: seabs

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Yes the championship has got be the most unpredictable league in the world just look at derby and Brighton for example i bet nobody thought derby would of went the first 5 games without a win whilst Brighton are sitting on top winning 4 and drawing only one games reckon you could guess which will go up this year i reckon us hull and Qpr if they manage to hold onto austin what about you?
Call me crazy but I wouldn't back QPR. Ipswich, Burnley and a wild card are my picks (Brighton have started sell)

Stopspot

Reaction score
So the De Gea deal fell through on deadline day? Jesus.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
It's a play by Real IMO.

They have a reason to tell the fans why they didn't get their man, he joins on a free next year with a fat signing on bonus and they don't need to pay for him.

Stopspot

Reaction score

From the spurs twitter account

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Wait, is De Gea available to leave on a free next summer?

Also, England 6-0 San Marino. Sounds like some of the youngsters got a look in but I don't really even care about games where England get really easy opposition. Oh, and Hodgson let Rooney tie the all-time scoring record! Against San Marino. :p

I would've saved Rooney for Germany next year and just give a load of the younger strikers a chance to score tons of goals and get experience, for example Kane.