15/16 Football Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Gav back in the championship

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
so @Gav the Champ! whats going on with Boro atm, as they were my favs for automatic, but not looked great so far (yeah Bristol City game cost me money)
I don't know lol it was like 2 completely different teams when you compare that game to the Bolton game where we played brilliantly karanka made too many changes to the team i think he probably underestimated Bristol City and saw it as an easy game

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
3 million for Fosteri looks very close and Pudi signed should be an interesting few days tbf. Apparently in for a striker too, lord knows we need one. You going today Gavala?

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Fair play Boro were the better team today. We had spells but still need a quality lone striker, Joao showed his inexperience.

Gav back in the championship

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Fair play Boro were the better team today. We had spells but still need a quality lone striker, Joao showed his inexperience.
Great result for us just what we needed after the week we've had hoping the deadline day end with either adomah still a boro player or antonio signs for us

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Intense game between Spurs and Everton. Real nailbiter with both teams being on point but unable to score. Eriksen is obviously missed among the spurs and Kane seems to be playing too advanced in his absence.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Great result for us just what we needed after the week we've had hoping the deadline day end with either adomah still a boro player or antonio signs for us
I doubt you'll want him after a year, great player but soon as the rumours of a move are about he'll drag his heels.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
We lost 2-1 vs Palace. Mourinho says we deserves more, will probably still not bench Ivanovic, we're fucked. ;-;

I wish we signed Alderweireld for about £10 million, same with Cabaye.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Intense game between Spurs and Everton. Real nailbiter with both teams being on point but unable to score. Eriksen is obviously missed among the spurs and Kane seems to be playing too advanced in his absence.
Spurs look really poor going forward so far.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
We lost 2-1 vs Palace. Mourinho says we deserves more, will probably still not bench Ivanovic, we're fucked. ;-;

I wish we signed Alderweireld for about £10 million, same with Cabaye.
Class is permanent he's just in a bad patch. Cabaye just isn't a Chelsea level player.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Spurs look really poor going forward so far.
Ehh, they got tons of chances, if they do get another winger in and actually finish their chances (Mason), they would've beat Everton 5-0 probably.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Class is permanent he's just in a bad patch. Cabaye just isn't a Chelsea level player.
We still need to bench Ivanovic though and put Azpi on the right side.

IMO, Cabaye is class. For £10 he could easily come in alongside Matic, do a very good job for us. He was on the bench for PSG last season and is a proven mid-table Premier League player. We should have taken him for a few years, while Loftus-Cheek and Van Ginkel are built up.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Mason should not have been played as a "number 10" since he doesn't have the mind for the game required. He's better in his more defensive midfielder position. Dier was more of a true ten this game. And I think Kane needs a solid 10/playmaker to set him up more, so he just has to focus on scoring and not playing up to it as well..

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
We still need to bench Ivanovic though and put Azpi on the right side.

IMO, Cabaye is class. For £10 he could easily come in alongside Matic, do a very good job for us. He was on the bench for PSG last season and is a proven mid-table Premier League player. We should have taken him for a few years, while Loftus-Cheek and Van Ginkel are built up.
On the bench is probably the key term there to be fair, if he could do a job at Chelsea it's likely he'd have been a starter for PSG isn't it?

Mason should not have been played as a "number 10" since he doesn't have the mind for the game required. He's better in his more defensive midfielder position. Dier was more of a true ten this game. And I think Kane needs a solid 10/playmaker to set him up more, so he just has to focus on scoring and not playing up to it as well..
Yeah Kane was too deep for a lot of the game, I don't get why Pritchard was so deep when he came on either.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Yeah Kane was too deep for a lot of the game, I don't get why Pritchard was so deep when he came on either.
The downside to playing a very young team I guess. Eriksen even though he's not that older than the rest brought that experience on that side of the field.