15/16 Football Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

King B

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
There's also the question of guys wanting to leave. Take Vardy for example. Say United, Real or Bayern want him. He's not guaranteed the same spot and focus in either of those clubs as he is in Leicester. In Leicester he's the top dog among the strikers. In real he'd have to play second fiddle to Ronaldo, third fiddle to Benzema and fourth fiddle to Bale (assuming of course that those guys remain in Real after the summer of course).

Some of these guys might choose to stay in Leicester and be stars, rather than go to a bigger club and risk getting lost in the shuffle. If King power is willing to hunk over money of course.

Exact reason Kane has stayed at the Lane after his last season. He knew he would not be guaranteed to receive the same opportunities to play and grow had he left for a bigger club with bigger stars.

Yeah, and if Vardy signing a contract is anything to go by I think he'll stay, we're apparently interested in Totti seeing as he's leaving Roma.
Mahrez and Kante will deffo go, but I think the lure of Champions League football will attract stars to come to us, here's to hoping.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Vardy will stay given his age it be a gamble to prove he is the top dog elsewhere but mahrez and Kante will go, but I am sure you be able to attract players. Cl footie on your cv for next term.

britishheel

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
beermoney
Favorite Wrestler
chrissabin
Vardy will stay given his age it be a gamble to prove he is the top dog elsewhere but mahrez and Kante will go, but I am sure you be able to attract players. Cl footie on your cv for next term.
Highly likely Kante will go. But if one goes, Leicester will do everything to keep the other. That's the only way they can keep their BPL run going.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Pochettino has verbally agreed to a longterm extension of his contract with Tottenham and is dedicating himself to the club going forward.

Happy me is happy. Great news.

King B

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Riyad Mahrez has confirmed he'll be staying at Leicester next season!!!!!

Gav back in the championship

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
We were completely robbed of 3 points ayala was at least a yard onside we must beat Brighton next Saturday or its play offs again

Stopspot

Reaction score
@Nouvelle Vague how do you feel about Wenger's comments regarding it being the fan's fault that Arsenal has it rough at home this season?

Kinda doesn't seem like that smart a thing to say as manager

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
@Nouvelle Vague how do you feel about Wenger's comments regarding it being the fan's fault that Arsenal has it rough at home this season?

Kinda doesn't seem like that smart a thing to say as manager
Well it is ludicrous, to bame the fans that the team are are under performing like they usually do. Well is it the fans fault we get knocked out of the CL at the first knock out phase 6 years in a row? Is it the fans fault we cannot mount a serious title challenge even when Leicester are top of the table?

I think he is having a go a the fans because some of them have been a bit personal about him in their criticism which is kinda wrong. Sure he said earlier in the season that fan reaction does not play a part in results as theses players are professionals.

He still has a job even if we do not get top 4 but it is all getting rather ugly, but he is defiant as usual. not good for the club at all.

Stopspot

Reaction score
That second half at Newcastle.

mother of god