WWE RAW 30th January 2012 - LIVE Dicussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I guess Christian shows up tomorrow night and gives Sheamus a filler match at Elimination Chamber, before he goes off to the MITB match at Mania

SAL

Reaction score
Sal, give me a guy who is ready to be elevated, can work a match at the quality the streak matches have been expected to be worked at, and doesn't have another road they are on track for heading to Mania.

You're actually stating the problem. They could have made an effort to have someone ready for this match, but instead you have the Barretts and the Zigglers of the world losing over and over again to the Randy Ortons of the world. The guys I'd legitimately put in the match over HHH right now?

1. Sheamus
2. Ziggler
3. Barrett
4. Jericho (for no reason other than I'm sick of HHH)

And only Sheamus is ready for the spot because they've been pushing him like god. Any of the top three guys on that list could easily be in position for a career-making spot losing to Taker. Just being in the spot is enough. And please, spare me the Wade Barrett workrate talk. They don't need to put on a mat classic. Barrett can work his way through a 20 minute slow-paced match with Taker.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
For the same people who talk about how super over Sheamus is, The reaction for the implicated Taker/HHH showdown was what made the show. It beat every reaction on an intensity scale, out of the whole damn show. And now people want to complain B/C they were out of their minds thinking the WWE was going to give Sheamus, the Taker match. Taker is going 20-0, and the steak will be broken next year.

And the person who will get to beat the streak, will be the wrestler the WWE is banking their future on.

People pay to see Rock, HHH, Taker, Cena, Orton, and Punk. No one desides to pay money to see a milk white, red haird, smiling big pandering ass Sheamus.

It's like going to a Lakers game and hearing the fans go wild for Luke Walton. They like him as a part of the show, but they pay to see Kobe. Reactions can be as much attriubuted to many things, like cheering a person for a certain role. Like Ricardo at the RR. Or Santino, or hell, Jim Duggen who got the loudest reaction at the RR.

Wake the hell up people.
You just compared Sheamus to Luke Walton? LUKE WALTON? LUKE WALTON!?!?!

My head hurts bad.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I'm starting to wonder if Orton's even going to have a match at Mania :lol:

At this point, if anything it seems he'll be the curtain jerker.
I thought King was planting the seeds for him and Cody personally before Cole fucked up with the whole tlak about those two being in Evolution together. King just stopped like what the fuck is this idiot on or reading.

SAL

Reaction score
No one desides to pay money to see a milk white, red haird, smiling big pandering ass Sheamus.

1996: Nobody's going to pay money to watch this balding smallish southern guy, even if he's fighting Bret Hart
2000: Nobody's going to pay money to watch these short WCW castoffs in main events.
2002: Nobody's going to pay money to watch this Mark Wahlberg-looking motherfucker with lame matching tights and boots.

See, it's really easy to shit on someone when you reduce them to their "lamest" attributes while ignoring everything they have going for them. Don't be a bully Chad. Be a star.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
My brain is still stuck on him bringing up Luke Walton with wrestling.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I thought King was planting the seeds for him and Cody personally before Cole fucked up with the whole tlak about those two being in Evolution together. King just stopped like what the fuck is this idiot on or reading.
Cody v. Orton would be bad.

Orton already beat him AND DiBiase in a handicap match at Mania 26.... but as long as it's 1-on-1, Cody has more of a chance? :lol:

That's worse than the Trips/Taker III booking.

SAL

Reaction score
Cody v. Orton would be bad.

Orton already beat him AND DiBiase in a handicap match at Mania 26.... but as long as it's 1-on-1, Cody has more of a chance? :lol:

That's worse than the Trips/Taker III booking.

Cody's considerably more credible than he was then, and it's kayfabe feasible that he improved in the ring enough to go 1-on-1 with Orton. That, and he pretty much went even with Orton a few months ago. Orton would've been crushed by HHH in 2002-03, after all.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Orton at this rate is looking mitb bound which is why I think they should have just did Orton vs Taker. I don't wanna see Taker/HHH so much that I would even take HHH vs Orton number 28373663636 at mania over it.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
You're actually stating the problem. They could have made an effort to have someone ready for this match, but instead you have the Barretts and the Zigglers of the world losing over and over again to the Randy Ortons of the world. The guys I'd legitimately put in the match over HHH right now?

1. Sheamus
2. Ziggler
3. Barrett
4. Jericho (for no reason other than I'm sick of HHH)

And only Sheamus is ready for the spot because they've been pushing him like god. Any of the top three guys on that list could easily be in position for a career-making spot losing to Taker. Just being in the spot is enough. And please, spare me the Wade Barrett workrate talk. They don't need to put on a mat classic. Barrett can work his way through a 20 minute slow-paced match with Taker.

But my point was that young guys who are ready and can work close to what is expected work rate wise, all seem to have a path.

I think Sheamus is ready. They however did a whole write up basically talking about he and Bryan coming full circle from last year where their US title match was bumped from the card, to being the SD main event possibly because of their unlikely rises to the top.

I really do think Dolph is ready. I'd love it even more if he was away from Vickie. The thing is MITB is supposedly returning to Mania this year, and there is not a guy the company has built up more to take it that night than him. I think that is the road he is walking down.

Wade, I will not ever agree with you there. He is not over enough. He certainly is not good enough in the ring to come close to having a match with Taker like Kane, Dave, Edge, HHH, or HBK have had the past couple years. It is a real down grade in match quality for the match WWE likes to feature as the longest or close to longest match of the night because of the sheer magnitude. He isn't that good of a wrestler still to ate, which is why all his matches have been street fights to hide it the past couple months.

Jericho. Yeah they could have went there. It would have been fresh and I remember wanting it years ago, but why should he get it over HHH? He hasn't been on the roster or put in work for the company, like you said about HHH last year. They have literally no history against one another short of teaming at Survivor Series in 2001 and having a one off match, which is shocking for all their years in the company, so there is no back story. Punk also is the one who stole from Jericho and they made it so painfully obvious that their roads are colliding. And he would have had to start actually talking from day one to explain it and give Taker a reason to come after him since WWE Magazine did their write up about Trips taking Taker out for a year in December

I'd like to make a nomination to your list in Cody because I think he is more ready than Wade all around, but once again he has the IC title and they may have a direction for him to follow.

SAL

Reaction score
Orton wins the Elimination Chamber and you have Sheamus/Orton/Bryan at WM. Book it. You know they'd rather have a proven main-eventer in the title match, after all.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
My brain is still stuck on him bringing up Luke Walton with wrestling.
I don't even know what to say to that, and I like Luke. It was just out there. Hell he could have picked Pau for a better comparison

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Cody's considerably more credible than he was then, and it's kayfabe feasible that he improved in the ring enough to go 1-on-1 with Orton. That, and he pretty much went even with Orton a few months ago. Orton would've been crushed by HHH in 2002-03, after all.
Valid point, but that handicap match was only 2 years ago.

Haven't really been keeping up with Smackdown this past year, so I haven't witnessed Cody's progression. But if they book Orton v. Cody and Cody doesn't win after losing in that handicap match, it's just going to seem like a WTF match in the Mania history books.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I don't even know what to say to that, and I like Luke. It was just out there. Hell he could have picked Pau for a better comparison
I went Steven A Smith crazy over here when I saw it. You're the biggest Lakers fan I know and know that even you wouldn't have said some insane shit like that.

But anyways as far as adding Orton to Sheamus/Bryan I guess that could work too. Could even find a way to put Wade in it too to make it a 4 way.

SAL

Reaction score
It was actually a triple-threat, not a handicap match.