WWE RAW 30th January 2012 - LIVE Dicussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Valid point, but that handicap match was only 2 years ago.

Haven't really been keeping up with Smackdown this past year, so I haven't witnessed Cody's progression. But if they book Orton v. Cody and Cody doesn't win after losing in that handicap match, it's just going to seem like a WTF match in the Mania history books.
It was a triple threat, not a handicap. Ted and Cody had split from one another as much as they had from Randy

Cody has beaten Orton one on one on SD. He has beaten Booker T multiple times. He has beaten Rey at WM of all places one on one. He is much more credible.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Officially it was a triple threat match, but give me a break.

If they had just called it what it really was, the match would have ended the exact same way with Cody and Ted just fighting over who would get the pin and both ending up losing.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I personally think a scramble should have been the SD main event for Mania. There is no logical justification for saying Mark Henry has not earned the right to be on that card. He has carried SD and was probably the number 2 breakout from Punk. The scramble match has not been over used or over saturated at all. I think Sheamus vs Bryan to start with Orton third, Henry 4th, and Wade 5th would have been a fun match at Mania.

Of course that was what I thought before Sheamus pulled off the upset, as I expected Orton to win and didn't want him in a 1 on 1 WHC match

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Oh ya my dude, I went their. Yes Chad did.
But doesn't Pau make more sense? He is a Euro, international draw, but not a franchise plaer or someone who can lead a team (in this case brand)

Luke fucking Walton is Blue and as Bill would say the worst comparison in the history of western civilization

SAL

Reaction score
Officially it was a triple threat match, but give me a break.

If they had just called it what it really was, the match would have ended the exact same way with Cody and Ted just fighting over who would get the pin and both ending up losing.

Semantics, sure. But my point's the same. Two years ago is a lifetime, and Orton/Cody could definitely work a year after Cody beat Rey at WM. Hell, put the IC title on the line and let Orton carry it for a couple of months.

Chadillac

Reaction score
Semantics, sure. But my point's the same. Two years ago is a lifetime, and Orton/Cody could definitely work a year after Cody beat Rey at WM. Hell, put the IC title on the line and let Orton carry it for a couple of months.

At WM, It will be Orton vs Cody. I will put money on that. I am 100% sure. And it will be for the WHC. I have been aware of this since november, and if I end up being wrong, I'll be a man and donate money to this site. I might even pick up the tab for the WM PPV It's self for an administrator. I am being dead serious.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
True and you're really not even supposed to remember what happened two years ago. Hell, we're not supposed to remember Triple H wanted a rematch with Taker last year.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little worried for Orton's career right now. Can't say I'm a huge fan of him either, but lately he hasn't really been shining very bright at the biggest ppv of the year. If it's not for the IC belt, this will be the third year in a row he hasn't been involved in a title match, and this is a guy many thought would be one of the top stars in the company for years to come not too long ago.

They could always throw him in a triple threat with Bryan and Sheamus, but aaaaaaaaaargh I really hate triple threat matches for the world title at Mania.

SAL

Reaction score
At WM, It will be Orton vs Cody. I will put money on that. I am 100% sure. And it will be for the WHC. I have been aware of this since november, and if I end up being wrong, I'll be a man and donate money to this site. I might even pick up the tab for the WM PPV It's self for an administrator. I am being dead serious.

So they're going to go that far out of their way to get the title off Bryan, have him lose or give up his rematch, somehow make Cody the #1 contender, and then move Sheamus to Raw to face Punk (who's now feuding with Jericho). I have that right?

Can I just have some money now?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Better break out the paypal cause that isn't gonna go down. Too much has to happen for that to be possible.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Hey Chad, will you buy my chicken wings too?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
True and you're really not even supposed to remember what happened two years ago. Hell, we're not supposed to remember Triple H wanted a rematch with Taker last year.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little worried for Orton's career right now. Can't say I'm a huge fan of him either, but lately he hasn't really been shining very bright at the biggest ppv of the year. If it's not for the IC belt, this will be the third year in a row he hasn't been involved in a title match, and this is a guy many thought would be one of the top stars in the company for years to come not too long ago.

They could always throw him in a triple threat with Bryan and Sheamus, but aaaaaaaaaargh I really hate triple threat matches for the world title at Mania.
The triple threat that we are supposed to forget was one of the greatest WM matches of all time. It can be good if done right and the workers have pride

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
The triple threat that we are supposed to forget was one of the greatest WM matches of all time. It can be good if done right and the workers have pride
What are you talking about? Undertaker v. Kane was the last match that night. Absolutely nothing happened after.

Kidding aside, though I agree with you, triple threat matches at Mania have a reputation for being a result of shitty booking. The match itself can be good, yes, it's just not a Mania thing imo. I also believe the match you are referring to was the first triple threat match for a world title at Mania. Lately it's been happening quite regularly.

Chadillac

Reaction score
Better break out the paypal cause that isn't gonna go down. Too much has to happen for that to be possible.

Cody Vs Orton will happen at WM. And if it doesnt, I will donate to the site. B/C im going to be beating that drumb untill I see it's no longer possible.

Oh ya, just 36 hours to go till I become a LIFE TIME MEMBER!!!!!

GO CHAD!

GO CHAD!

GO CHAD!

And when I become a political lobbiest for the WWE, Cody will be king fucken kong!!!

GO CODY!

GO CODY!

GO CODY!

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Cody Vs Orton will happen at WM. And if it doesnt, I will donate to the site. B/C im going to be beating that drumb untill I see it's no longer possible.

Oh ya, just 36 hours to go till I become a LIFE TIME MEMBER!!!!!

GO CHAD!

GO CHAD!

GO CHAD!

And when I become a political lobbiest for the WWE, Cody will be king fucken kong!!!

GO CODY!

GO CODY!

GO CODY!
Cody-Rhodes-Pictures-15.jpg