• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
this is not exactly new angle, this will be their 3rd match at WM.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
The following is the dark match result from this week's WWE Raw:

Dark Match:

-Hunico (with Camacho) vs. Alex Riley

Not much to report here. Basic match. Finish came when Hunico hit Riley with his finisher for the clean pinfall. Pretty quick match to open up the Raw tapings on this glorious Monday evening.

SAL

Reaction score
Jericho saying nothing every week is suspenseful?

The sheer amount of times Punk said Best In The World tonight gave it away that he would run in, as much as Taker pointing and HHH saying no makes it obvious shawn will come in.

I just want to enjoy the filler between Shawn coming in. Just liek I want to enjoy the verbal back and forward with Punk and Jericho after the chamber

Jericho saying nothing after 15 years of being known as a talker is interesting. Undertaker being the strong silent type is...what he's been doing since 1990.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
This is why WWE can never win. people whine and bitch and moan even at the first sight of a new angle. It's ridiculous, just stop and take a deep breath before you go nuts over a storyline. Just watch and enjoy, holy shit. You have no idea what's going to happen yet between HHH amd Taker, theres so many weeks left. Same thing with Sheamus. It's so obvious that Sheamus is the guy deserving all of the spotlight. So charismatic, so likeable. Some of you won't let the WWE build it up at all before jumping down their throat.
For me it's just mostly due to the fact that I don't care for another HHH/Taker match. Hell I barely care to see Taker in another streak match as it is as much as I respect and like the man.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I'll say it again. I like the thought of Sheamus/Taker but can do with Sheamus in a world title match as they have the whole story of Bryan and Sheamus being screwed last year for the US title at Mania, and things coming full circle with them as the SD main event. There is no one else though I rather see Taker face outside maybe Orton who can work but not talk up a match. Wade just isn't good enough to be in that match and bring the work rate, and Dolph has to get that damn briefcase.

SAL

Reaction score
For me it's just mostly due to the fact that I don't care for another HHH/Taker match. Hell I barely care to see Taker in another streak match as it is as much as I respect and like the man.

It is a problem when people think a career-making spot is "too big" for anyone other than a 43 year old guy.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Jericho saying nothing after 15 years of being known as a talker is interesting. Undertaker being the strong silent type is...what he's been doing since 1990.
Guess it depends on how much you like Jericho because the payoff was made too obvious tonight with the constant trumping of the phrase "Best Wrestler in the World". They dropped the ball by having Punk say it 50 times in 1 show after saying it what three or four the whole past month?

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
i don't have a problem with taker wrestling, just don't want him wrestling the same guys every year.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
It is a problem when people think a career-making spot is "too big" for anyone other than a 43 year old guy.
Sal, give me a guy who is ready to be elevated, can work a match at the quality the streak matches have been expected to be worked at, and doesn't have another road they are on track for heading to Mania.

SAL

Reaction score
Guess it depends on how much you like Jericho because the payoff was made too obvious tonight with the constant trumping of the phrase "Best Wrestler in the World". They dropped the ball by having Punk say it 50 times in 1 show after saying it what three or four the whole past month?

To be honest, I was sure they were moving on from Punk/Jericho. I was thinking Jericho/Orton for WM, and I chalked Punk's "Best in the World" talk up to inside jokes with Bryan.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Not really dropping the ball since we've pretty much known they're gonna feud. The dropping of the ball will depend on if they do it with the build up once it gets put out there why they're feuding in a promo or whatever.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
To be honest, I was sure they were moving on from Punk/Jericho. I was thinking Jericho/Orton for WM, and I chalked Punk's "Best in the World" talk up to inside jokes with Bryan.
I chalked the first up to ROH talk as Bryan was called that. But he kept repeating it over and over in the segment and backstage to the point, that to me they made it obvious that Jericho was going to have to take back what was his moniker

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I'm starting to wonder if Orton's even going to have a match at Mania :lol:

At this point, if anything it seems he'll be the curtain jerker.

Chadillac

Reaction score
For the same people who talk about how super over Sheamus is, The reaction for the implicated Taker/HHH showdown was what made the show. It beat every reaction on an intensity scale, out of the whole damn show. And now people want to complain B/C they were out of their minds thinking the WWE was going to give Sheamus, the Taker match. Taker is going 20-0, and the steak will be broken next year.

And the person who will get to beat the streak, will be the wrestler the WWE is banking their future on.

People pay to see Rock, HHH, Taker, Cena, Orton, and Punk. No one desides to pay money to see a milk white, red haird, smiling big pandering ass Sheamus.

It's like going to a Lakers game and hearing the fans go wild for Luke Walton. They like him as a part of the show, but they pay to see Kobe. Reactions can be as much attriubuted to many things, like cheering a person for a certain role. Like Ricardo at the RR. Or Santino, or hell, Jim Duggen who got the loudest reaction at the RR.

Wake the hell up people.