• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WWE: An Age of Evolution

Quintastic One

Best match: I actually liked Morrioson and Kingston. I visualized this match best, would pick the Punk/Bourne match but I like pinfall and submission finishes.

Least Favorite Match (much friendlier way of saying it): Priceless Vs. Majors, but it served its purpose in its own right.

Best Promo: Stone Cold/The Rock. You nailed The Rock to a fucking T. Stone Cold not so much, but once again mark out moment due to just plain old aweseomeness.

Least Favorite Promo: The MVP Medication Promo. I just dont get into that kind of thing, I can't imagine MVP actually ever going with this type of angle, but points for originality none the less.

comicgeekelly

Raw 2/16/09 Review

MVP promo- I really like the direction that you're taking MVP. This is something fresh and new.

Priceless vs. Jobbers- The jobbers got a little offence in which was nice, but overall this was just a squash.

Priceless/Rock/Austin promo- Total shocker there. I'm predicting Rock to turn on Austin at the PPV. Your Rock and Austin promos were very much in character.

Kofi vs. Morrison- This was a pretty good match. I'd call it match of the night. These two just clicked.

Truman/McMahon's promo- Good for what it was. I feel that this story has been done more than once and it really isn't that interesting to me.

Jericho/Taker promo- I'm not really a fan of Taker's promo style, but it worked here.

Killings vs. Kennedy- This was close to being MOTN. I think that Killings came off too much like a heel here.

HHH promo- Good intense HHH promo. It was shorter than other promos, but it said all that it needed to.

Punk vs. Bourne- Yay for a Punk heel turn.

Truman and other peeps promo- This was kind of a let down. The promo itself was fine, I just don't like how the murder story ended.

HHH vs. Edge- Not much of a match here. From what you wrote it sounded good.

HBK promo- This was suprising. A very good promo. Best of the night for sure. It'll be interesting to see how you have him go out.

AC- A good show overall. It may have been recapped, but I was fine with it. Some really good promos and matches.

CT Styles

comicgeekelly said:
Truman and other peeps promo- This was kind of a let down. The promo itself was fine, I just don't like how the murder story ended
Ended? :shifty:
Lol, No one really knows where this is going.

CT Styles

February 23, 2009
Bi-Lo Center; Greenville, South Carolina

Monday Night RAW
The Monday Night RAW signature pyrotechnics explode in the Bi-Lo Center as the extremely excited crowd express just that with each other and the viewers at home watching.

JR: Good Evening and welcome to Monday Night RAW! Here tonight we have another unbelievable exciting edition with Shawn Michaels' Wrestlemania and final opponent opening the show, in which we don't know who that is yet.

King: Yes, JR. We are uncertain as to who this mystery opponent of Shawn Michaels is but we're certain on one thing. That RAW is going to be fantastic as usual! We are now only just over a month away from Wrestlemania! The granddaddy of them all! As I say every year.

JR: We're well and truly on the road to Wrestlemania and we have a hell of a road remaining! Now we await the arrival to the ring of Shawn Michaels' Wrestlemania opponent.

The crowd is silent as they anticipate who the 'mystery opponent' could be. People don't know who it is but they know he must be a respected member of the business. The crowd is excited as it goes to silence for the highly-anticipated person.

The lights go out..

The fan's excitement begins to really get the better of them but they maintain the silence.

'The Game' hits and the crowd leap up off their seats and cheer for 'The King of Kings' as he appears at the top of the stage in his usual street clothes. The normally exciting entrance of Triple H is less exciting than usual. He simply walks down to the ring. No water bottle, no yelling, no flexing, just a man walking down to the ring. 'The Cerebral Assassin' enters the ring via the steel steps after retrieving a microphone and stands in the center of the ring. The usually confident and comfortable character just stands there with his head down, waiting for what he seemingly sees as an undeserving positive reaction to end.

Hunter: I guess you've all figured it out now.

Triple H pauses momentarily and shows his discomfort with this announcement.

Hunter: I was selected by Shawn Michaels to be his final opponent. Shawn Michaels, as many of you would know..

Hunter pauses again, showing his emotion.

Hunter: He's my best friend. He's by best friend. We've gone through it all: the highest of highs, the lowest of lows. We've been at the top of the business together but there's always been this distinct difference between us two. I was good, he was great. There's a distinct difference between him and everyone who's stepped inside the ring. He has a gift and he has showcased that his entire career, showing that he can go in the this ring with anyone. He has beaten the best and he has been the best and still is.

The crowd cheer for Hunter, sharing his emotion as he expresses it in every word of that sentence.

Hunter: You don't hear me giving out too many compliments but this man is as deserving of one from me as any man could be. I know I always say that the World Championship means everything to me but this match is the only exception. Just because we're best friends though, don't think I won't be trying, I'll be giving it all I've got.

The crowd applaud.

Hunter: And remember, it's gonna be a damn good match. It'll be the end of an era, ladies and gentleman and from the bottom of my heart, I wanna let this out here.. I love you, man and there's no one I respect more. I love you like a brother.

The crowd applaud an emotional Triple H. This isn't the Triple H portrayed on television every week. This is a saddened man.

'Sexy Boy' plays to an enormous chorus of cheers. The reaction is deafening as 'The Heartbreak Kid' stands at the top of the stage. Jeans, cowboy boots, 'HBK' shirt, jacket and a cowboy hat. The usual Shawn Michaels attire but not the usual Shawn Michaels. Michaels stands there with his head down and walks down slowly as his music plays throughout the arena. Triple H awaits him in the ring. 'The Show Stopper' enters the ring and slowly walks up to his best friend and suddenly they embrace in the middle of the ring.

Priceless' theme song hits to boos as the two World Tag Team Champions appear at the top of the stage with their overconfident smiles etched on their face. Hunter and HBK's emotional hug is interrupted and they direct their attention to Team Priceless.

Cody: Oh look, Ted! It's a little DX reunion.

The crowd cheer at the mention of 'DX'.

Ted: Oh my god! I know!

Cody: D-Generation X, the one and only are in the ring together again.

Triple H and Shawn Michaels look confused.

Ted: You know what? We're going to be taking on two 'legends' at Wrestlemania, why not practice against two people like the two we're facing. Fakes! You two aren't legends, people just say you are. Hunter, you married the boss' daughter. Shawn, people's eyes burnt when they faced you because your fake tan and bold spot was too shiny. Still though, we could use a tuneup before our big match. So what do you two say? Next week, two legends in the making versus two fake legends?

Shawn and Triple H look at each other in the middle of the ring and then a feint smile is etched on both their faces. Hunter turns to look at DiBiase and Rhodes.

Hunter: You're on! Shawn, there's not a lot of time left. Let's make the most of the time remaining.

Shawn looks angry. He looks at Triple H and gets right in his face. Hunter seems intimidated and.. Michaels retreats back for Sweet Chin Music and.. it connects! The DX-Hi5 connects! Michaels was just teasing. The crowd erupts as the Hi5 connects.

King: There's going to be a DX reunion next week here on RAW, JR!

JR: The team of Shawn Michaels and Triple H will reunite once more to form the faction, D-Generation X! One of the favorites of the WWE fans and one of the most popular and loved factions of all time. Let's not distract ourselves from tonight's lineup though, King. We have a hell of a show lined up anyway!

King: That's right, JR!

Commercial Break

Backstage

John Morrison is seen backstage in the locker room with Batista.

Batista: This will be a piece of cake, John. They're nothing, just go out there and do what you do.

Morrison: Yeah, I know, the two are pathetic and this should be over quick.

Both men begin walking to the ring.

Ringside

Brett Major is waiting in the ring.

King: John Morrison and Batista seem pretty confident, JR. Too confident?

JR: I don't think you should underestimate your opponents but we'll soon see whether that was the wrong thing to do.

'Ain't No Make Believe' hits and the crowd boo as John Morrison and Batista appear at the top of the ramp. Morrison performs his usual pose as Batista stands by. Morrison and Batista then head down to the ring; Morrison's confidence showing greatly.

King: John Morrison seems very confident. Let's see whether he'll make a fool out of himself.

Match 1
Brett Major w/Brian Major vs. John Morrison w/Batista

Morrison stands at the opposite side of the ring with his trademark cocky smile on his face while Brett Major maintains his game-face. Morrison seems way too comfortable as he slowly struts to the center of the ring to lock up with Major. Morrison and Major quickly lock up and Major quickly capitalizes and locks an arm-twist on the overconfident Morrison which catches him off-guard as well as embarrasses him. Major elbows the twisted arm of Morrison numerous times before whipping him to the ropes. A caught off-guard Morrison rebounds off the ropes into a quick, yet effective dropkick from Brett Major who quickly takes advantage with a cover, 1...2 Morrison kicks out frustratedly and quickly gets back up. The fans start to get behind Brett as the two go for another lock-up. This time Morrison lands a quick knee to the gut of Major and rakes the eye. The crowd boo as Morrison has a breather while Major tends to his eye. Morrison comes away from the ropes he was leaning on and turns around, just as he did, Major did and he takes down Major with a clothesline.

Morrison takes advantage of Major being down and taunts the crowd while at the same time has a breather. Major gets back up and Morrison greets him with a devastating enzuigiri that knocks him back down to the canvas. Morrison expresses his love for himself with the audience as he awaits Brett Major to get back to his feet. Major slowly gets back to his feet and Morrison lands a kick to the gut before retreating backwards and connecting with a deadly Moonlight Drive. Morrison hooks the leg confidently, 1...2...3

Winner - John Morrison via Pinfall

Batista enters the ring and congratulates Morrison and they exchange positive words. While they do that Brian Major slides in the ring to check on his brother. Morrison notices this and stomps away at him cockily, attracting massive boos from the crowd. He and Batista just laugh and make their way back up the ramp.

JR: What a disgusting act! His own brother just wanted to check he was okay after that devastating maneuver, the Moonlight Drive and Morrison showcases his ego by attacking him!

Commercial Break

'I'm All Grown Up' hits to cheers as Stephanie McMahon makes her way down to the ring in her usual work attire. She stands in the ring and awaits her companions.

King: This must be the announcement regarding the WWE Champion and the World Heavyweight Champion, JR!

'Voices' hits to boos as 'The Legend Killer' and World Heavyweight Champion, Randy Orton walks down to the ring in his usual arrogant manner.

JR: Randy Orton defeated Shawn Michaels at No Way Out to hold on to that World Heavyweight Championship.

The crowd anticipate John Cena's entrance.

'My Time is Now' hits to a massive pop as the WWE Champion John Cena appears at the top of the stage performing his usual theatrics.

King: No one gets a reaction like John Cena!

Cena enters the ring, joining Randy Orton and Stephanie McMahon.

Stephanie: Thanks go to both of you for coming out here tonight. Now as everyone here knows, Wrestlemania 25 is coming up in just over a month. And we don't have a main event. A while ago when we held 'The Revitalization' my father stated that we have two World Championships and that it would be sorted out. It's going to be sorted out all right. For the first time in years the WWE is going to have.. a Unification Match!

Orton and Cena look around in shock. Orton gets in Stephanie's face regarding the decision.

Stephanie: You're not going to change my mind, Randy. At Wrestlemania 25, it's going to be John Cena versus Randy Orton in a World Title Unification Match where the winner is the Undisputed WWE Champion!

The crowd cheer at the thought of such an exciting match.

Orton: What the hell do you think you're doing? Steph, I won this World Heavyweight Championship fair and square and just who do you think you are? Huh?!

Before Stephanie can say anything Cena butts in.

Cena: What's the matter, Randy, scared?

Orton: And what the hell is there to be scared about, John? The fact that you might get the army of ten year old fans of yours on me? The fact that I can see you? Don't bother butting in with your generic speech, John.

Stephanie: Both of you stop it. You're already booked in a tag team match tonight, let's save the action for that. And it's official, Wrestlemania; Cena vs. Orton for the Undisputed WWE Championship.

Commercial Break

Backstage

Just as Stephanie is about to enter her office she is stopped by Evan Bourne.

Bourne: Stephanie, you saw what CM Punk did last week, didn't you?

Stephanie: Yes, and..

Bourne: What do you mean 'and..'? It came out of nowhere; he completely disrespected me and viciously attacked me!

Stephanie: Well you'll be glad to know that you and him are both qualified for the Money in the Bank match at Wrestlemania. You both won qualifying matches at the most recent RAW live event. You shouldn't have left early, Evan. Now you'll also be glad to know that you can blow off some steam after the commercial break with a match against Shelton Benjamin where if Shelton wins, he's in the Money in the Bank also.

Stephanie continues on into her office as Evan looks frustrated.

Ringside

King: Well we now have two superstars confirmed for the Money in the Bank match at Wrestlemania and we could have Shelton Benjamin thrown in there too!

JR: It looks like Evan Bourne and CM Punk are confirmed to be the first two qualifiers in the famous Wrestlemania Ladder Match where if you climb that ladder and retrieve the briefcase, you have a guaranteed World Championship shot whenever you want within the next year.

King: We've already learned a lot about Wrestlemania here tonight! John Cena and Randy Orton headlining the 25th Anniversary of Wrestlemania with a Unification Match for the WWE Championship and the World Heavyweight Championship held by John Cena and Randy Orton respectively.

Commercial Break

'Axeman' hits and Evan Bourne makes his way down to the ring with cheers from the crowd.

JR: Last week Evan Bourne was victim to CM Punk's sudden change in attitude and Punk viciously attacked him.

King: And he didn't get much sympathy from Stephanie McMahon either.

'Ain't No Stoppin' Me' hits to boos as 'The Gold Standard' Shelton Benjamin makes his way down to the ring.

King: These two guys are arguably the most athletically gifted in the WWE too, JR. I thought I'd point that out before the match begins.

JR: It should certainly be a good one, King.

Match 2
Evan Bourne vs. Shelton Benjamin

Bourne and Benjamin stand opposite each other in the ring and as soon as the bell is rung the two move into the center to lock up. Bourne quickly locks in an arm twist but Benjamin moves towards the ropes and uses them to aid his standing backflip to break the arm twist. Benjamin then leaps forward with a clothesline attempt but Bourne ducks and continues on to the ropes before quickly rebounding off and landing a dropkick to the back of Benjamin, knocking down face-first to the canvas. Bourne then stands to the side of Benjamin and performs a picture-perfect standing moonsault to the back of Benjamin. Evan 'Air' Bourne then rolls over 'The Gold Standard' and hooks the leg, 1...2.. Benjamin kicks out. Bourne maintains his momentum and gets back up to his feet to continue on to the ropes and rebound off, showcasing his speed as he times it perfectly to greet a kneeling Benjamin with an enzuigiri that drops him back down to the canvas. Bourne takes advantage of Benjamin's position and hooks the leg again, 1...2... Benjamin just kicks out.

Bourne gets back to his feet and claps his hands in sync with crowd to get them behind him. Bourne then awaits Benjamin to get back to his feet so he can continue to capitalize on his gained momentum. As Benjamin gets to his feet Bourne charges at him only Benjamin is prepared and performs a back body drop on Bourne, crashing him down to the canvas. Benjamin takes a well-needed breath before turning off the ropes he was leaning on and whipping Bourne to the ropes. Upon Bourne's rebound, Benjamin lifts him up for a Samoan Drop but Bourne manages to wriggle out of the predicament before Benjamin can really cause some damage. Bourne lands behind Benjamin and quickly rolls him up schoolboy-like, 1...2... Benjamin kicks out quickly and gets back to his feet as quick. Bourne and Benjamin charge at each other and Bourne ducks a clothesline and continues on to the ropes. He rebounds off and leaps up for a hurracanrana but Benjamin remains in control when Bourne sits on his shoulders and he counters into a thunderous powerbomb.

Bourne crashes down to the canvas and Benjamin stays in the powerbomb position for the pin, 1...2... Bourne manages to get a shoulder up before the three count and Benjamin expresses his frustration from that. Benjamin then guides Bourne back up to his feet and sits him on the top rope. Bourne is sitting on the top rope as Benjamin retreats backwards and then charges forward, leaping up to attempt a Paydirt but Bourne lands a kick to the jaw of Benjamin and he collapses down to the canvas. The crowd begin cheering as Bourne stands on the top rope and perfects an AirBourne Shooting Star Press that connects.. with the canvas. Benjamin rolls over to his stomach and gets back to his feet. Bourne slowly gets back up to his feet and Benjamin appears out of nowhere and connects with a Paydirt. Benjamin then hooks the leg of Bourne, 1...2...3

Winner & Qualifier for the Money in the Bank Ladder Match - Shelton Benjamin via Pinfall

JR: What an impressive win! Shelton Benjamin goes to Wrestlemania to compete in the Money in the Bank match!

King: A match which now confirms Benjamin, Evan Bourne; the man just defeated by Shelton Benjamin and CM Punk.

Commercial Break

Backstage

Batista and John Morrison are in the locker room talking when Brett Major and Brian Major come up. Brian pokes his finger into the chest of Morrison.

Brian: You two. Next week.

The two brothers walk off.

Ringside

King: Could that be a match next week? The Major Brothers vs. John Morrison and Batista?!

Commercial Break

Priceless' theme hits to boos as the two arrogant young members of the roster make their way down to the ring.

JR: Our upcoming match, is Cody Rhodes in singles action.

King: He's facing Jeff Hardy who won't be in a good mood, he was attacked backstage during No Way Out by Kane and will definitely be taking it out on Cody Rhodes.

'No More Words' hits to a thunderous pop as Jeff Hardy makes his way down to the ring.

King: Here he is, 'The Legend Thriller' Jeff Hardy! Look, he's running to the ring!

Match 3
Jeff Hardy vs. Cody Rhodes w/Ted DiBiase

Hardy slides in the ring with a vengeance. 'The Rainbow Haired Warrior', crowd behind him; immediately lands furious right hands on the second generation superstar before whipping him to the ropes. Upon the rebound of Cody Rhodes, Hardy catches him with a dropkick that knocks the cocky young superstar down and Hardy goes for the cover, 1...2 Rhodes kicks out. Hardy's energy is still with him and the crowd's cheers for him only make his emotional energy greater. Hardy awaits Rhodes to get back to his feet and as soon as one half of the WWE Tag Team Champions gets to his feet, Hardy lands a kick to the gut followed by a mule kick that knocks Rhodes back but Rhodes suspiciously leaps back to the outside and sells the injury. Hardy thinks nothing of it and makes his way to the outside where his opponent lies. Just as Hardy hits the ground outside, DiBiase makes his way to the apron and stands up on it. He then calls the referee over and begins to get in an argument with him to steal his attention. Rhodes though, does not move as we'd all expect.

Hardy approaches him and begins to guide him back up to his feet but then from the crowd.. Kane appears! The masked 'Big Red Machine' steps over the barricade and approaches Hardy from behind and grabs him by the hair. The massive monster then throws Hardy face-first into the steel pole of the ring. Hardy drops down slowly but Kane isn't done. He grabs Hardy by the throat and chokeslams him before rolling in the ring. DiBiase concludes his conversation with the referee and Rhodes rolls back in the ring. Rhodes hooks the leg of Hardy, 1...2...3

Winner - Cody Rhodes via Pinfall

Kane then re-enters the ring with a steel chair and sets it up as if he was to sit on it though; he doesn't do that. He stands Hardy back up and performs another chokeslam, driving him into the set-up steel chair. Hardy screams in pain as Kane looks down.

'All Grown Up' hits and Stephanie McMahon appears at the top of the stage.

Stephanie: Interference played a bit part in this match. It really did. Well, I'm announcing something pretty damn big regarding Wrestlemania, right here, right now. Kane, you obviously have pure hatred towards Jeff Hardy and I'm fine with that but you shouldn't ruin a potentially great match. The match I'm announcing is a potentially great match and there's no way it will have interferences, because you two are going to sort out your very personal issues at Wrestlemania 25.. In a Steel Cage Match!

The crowd cheer immensely at that announcement.

Commercial Break

Backstage

Chris Jericho is seen walking to the ring.

JR: Ladies and Gentleman, welcome back to Monday Night RAW as we now approach our Main Event.

5...4...3...2...1...0...'Break Down the Walls' hits to a mixed reaction as Chris Jericho appears at the top of the stage in his stance with his tights. He makes his way down to the ring.

King: Chris Jericho is in fact, facing 'The Dead Man' The Undertaker at Wrestlemania 25. He'll be looking to take the streak to 16-1.

JR: The Undertaker's streak is something that I don't think any mortal man is capable of breaking.

'Voices' hits and the World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton makes his way down to the ring with boos.

JR: Randy Orton and John Cena found out tonight that at Wrestlemania there will be a Unification Match for their two World Championships, neither man was happy about that!

'My Time is Now' hits to a massive pop as the WWE Champion John Cena makes his way down to the ring.

King: John Cena and Randy Orton will most likely be looking to release their rage concerning the announcement but it seemed to me that Orton was more upset than John Cena.

Silence..

DONG! The Undertaker's famous theme plays as 'The Phenom' walks down to the ring.

Main Event
WWE Champion John Cena & The Undertaker vs. World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton & Chris Jericho

John Cena starts off in the ring after taking off his necklace and throwing his shirt into the crowd. Chris Jericho starts off on the opposite side of the ring and the fans immediately get behind the match. Cena and Jericho gradually move into the center of the ring and the two lock up. Cena pushes Jericho into the ropes immediately and Jericho makes sure the referee is aware the hold must be released. Cena willingly backs away and Jericho bounces off the ropes trying to catch Cena off guard but Cena reacts quickly and lands a drop toe hold on Jericho and tries to go for a quick STFU but Jericho leaps back up to the opposite ropes. Y2J is in shock at how quick Cena reacted. Cena charges at Jericho and catches him off guard with a clothesline that knocks him over the top rope to the outside. The crowd gets behind Cena who taunts the crowd. Jericho is on his knees frustrated and shocked. Jericho gets on to the apron and stands on the other side of the ropes. Cena approaches but Jericho ducks between the second and top rope and charges into the midsection of the WWE Champion.

Cena is bent forward nursing his stomach when Jericho grabs him by the neck and throws him over the ropes and to the outside. Cena recovers quickly and tries to knocks Jericho's feet so he falls off the apron but Jericho jumps over the swing and lands back on the apron before landing a vicious kick to the face of The Champ. Jericho then wows the crowd by springboarding off the ropes and performing a dropkick to the face of Cena and knocking him back down to the ground. Jericho rolls back in the ring and recovers while the WWE Champion struggles on the outside. Cena slowly slides into the ring and is greeted by Jericho who rebounds off the ropes with a low dropkick into the side of Cena who, due to the kick remains on the canvas. Jericho then turns him over and covers, 1...2 Cena kicks out and Jericho goes back up to his feet. He approaches his corner and tags in World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton. Orton approaches Cena in his trademark slow manner. He enjoys the opportunity to see Cena hurt and surveys his body from different angles before actually making a move.

He stomps away viciously and sadistically before laying off after the referee instructs him to numerous times. Cena struggles back up to his feet nursing his midsection. Orton then charges past the referee and Cena is pushed back into the corner with a forearm strike from 'The Legend Killer'. Orton is ruthless with right hands to the unprotected head of Cena, psychotically landing vicious right hands to his face until the referee is forced to separate Orton again. Cena is visibly weakened by the attack and Orton immediately charges into Cena again with a knee to the midsection. Orton retreats backwards and then this time attempts to charge into the corner with a clothesline but Cena moves out of the way and Orton crashes into the corner turnbuckles. Cena turns Orton around and Orton attempts a radical RKO but Cena pushes him back into the corner. Orton reemerges out of the corner and Cena performs a side belly-to-belly suplex and stays in the position for the pin, 1...2 Orton kicks out. Cena struggles back up to his feet and tries to approach his partner, The Undertaker.

Orton though; recovers and charges at Cena from behind, taking him down with a forearm shot. The crowd start to chant for Undertaker as he is the only one yet to enter the ring. Cena is guided up by Orton and whipped to the ropes. Upon Cena's rebound, Orton is greeted with a high impact shoulder block, knocking him down. Cena nurses his midsection before approaching Undertaker but Orton pulls him back again and attempts an inverted headlock backbreaker but Cena kicks him away and then leaps to the corner for the tag and.. it connects! Orton recovers back to his feet and looks up at Undertaker standing in the ring and backs away, shaking his head. The Undertaker simply walks forward slowly and 'The Legend Killer' simply decides to take his chances and charge at 'The Phenom' but is knocked off his feet with a deadly uppercut. Orton nurses the shot on the canvas and staggers back up to his feet. 'Taker grabs him by the throat and throws him into the corner and viciously unloads left and right hands making Orton his personal punching bag.

Jericho enters the ring and attacks 'Taker from behind and 'The Phenom' turns around to greet his attacker. Jericho and 'Taker face off in the ring and the crowd cheer at the thought of a preview of what's to come at Wrestlemania but it's interrupted when Orton attacks Undertaker from behind, interrupting the potential outburst from either him or Jericho. The referee is trying to sort out the massive mess in the ring now. Cena enters the ring in an attempt to help his partner while Jericho and 'Taker once again face off and this time Jericho strikes with a right hand and Undertaker immediately retaliates with one of his right hands that knocks Jericho back into the corner. Meanwhile on the other side, Orton measures Cena off the ropes after nailing an inverted atomic drop. Orton is stalking for the RKO but 'Taker realizes and quickly comes for the save but Orton notices and turns around to kick 'Taker below the belt!

Winners - WWE Champion John Cena & The Undertaker via Disqualification

Orton then perfects a deadly RKO on the WWE Champion and quickly gets back to his feet to stand over him with a sadistic expression on his face.

Commercial Break

We return with two comfortable looking chairs set up in the middle of the ring and Shane and Vince McMahon sitting in one each.

Shane: Dad, look, you know I trust you with my life and everything else. You're my father. You were allegedly hit by a car in your own, making you the victim of hit and run. You could have been killed but luckily you're still here today. We have the number one suspect, Ron Killings but it's visible that you're always uncomfortable whenever the topic comes up. Why?

Vince is showcasing that visible uncomfortableness again before grabbing a microphone and bringing it up to his mouth.

Vince: There's no reason, Shane. I don't even know what you're talking about. It's very uncomfortable dealing with a near-death experience.

Shane: That's not you, that there is not you, the way you're looking, the way you're talking, the way you're acting, none of this is you, dad! As much as I like to believe that it's Ron Killings, I'd like to have one hundred percent confirmation that it was him, one hundred percent confirmation that there's no possibility that anything else happened! Can I get that, dad?!

Vince's uncomfortableness is mildly joined with anger and he's struggling to keep in his emotions.

Vince: What the hell are you saying, Shane?! Are you saying I planned all this?! I planned to nearly die?!

Shane: There's definitely some suspicion, NOW, dad! What the hell is this?! What's going on?!

Vince: What's going on?!

Tears start to stroll down the face of Vince. A saddened and disappointed man now appears as he now stands.

Vince: The stress, Shane.. The damn stress of this job, a troubled marriage, neglected family and the damn difficulty of everything in my life. I tried to end it.

Vince exhales a breath out of his drooped mouth.

Vince: I tried to end it, I tried to drive my car off a bridge, Killings drove into me seemingly, but it was all me. Killings was just there and someone saved me from jumping off when it all failed and I was going to jump off the bridge, he was driving behind me as we were scheduled to have a meeting at RAW. This man..

Shane is in shock and is speechless..

'Made You Look' By Nas plays and the crowd look up to the stage to see a young man with brown hair standing at the top of the stage in a suit.

RAW goes off the air.

WrestlemaniaPoster.png

Wrestlemania 25 Card

World Heavyweight Championship and WWE Championship Unification Match
John Cena vs. Randy Orton

Street Fight
Ron Killings vs. Shane McMahon

Chris Jericho vs. The Undertaker

Shawn Michaels' Final Match
Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H

Steel Cage Match
Jeff Hardy vs. Kane

Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase Jr. vs. The Rock & 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
CM Punk vs. Evan Bourne vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. TBA vs. TBA vs. TBA

Hardcastle

BM : the main event, for the star power in it, and the ending. Yes, I liked it, every men looked good it wasn't time to have a clean victory. Everything in the match was well done.

WM : Maybe Morrison vs Major, it was very generic, but it served its prupose. I had to pick something lol. I hesitated with Rhodes/Hardy but it was more an angle in my mind, and Kane looked dominant once again.

BP : tough choice. I really could picture the opening one in my mind. HHH talking about HBK in that way was perfect. I really want to see this match. And Priceless was a nice idea. They looked really important, it's a big challenge, they will probably loose, but they're in the top league, it's good for their future. And having a last DX reunion before HBK final match is nice touch. Perfect angle.
THe close second is the finale one. Honestly, I didn't like this storyline at all, i wasn't into it, but now I admit I gained interest with this segment, nice job. I can't say, it's the thing I want to see the most in your BTB, but it's an original storyline now.

WP : It wasn't a bad angle, but i think the world titles unification should have looked more important in the show. This angle with Cena/Orton and Steph was just the third big thing of your show, which is not good. But you have time to build this up, and make me want to "pay" to see this on PPV lol

AC : Everything is good in your BTB, promos matches...you're a very good booker I'm a fan

THE Renegade Diesel

Triple H, Shawn Michaels, & Team Priceless: This didn't feel like it was announcing Shawn's last match. I didn't sense the emotion, the heart ache, or the love in Triple H. Your an awesome promo writer if you ask me, and you kind of slipped up. It wasn't too bad, but it could have been a lot better. Team Priceless ruining the moment was pretty unexpected in my part, and they should have a good match.

John Morrison & Batista: Whatever, it was two lines?

John Morrison v. Brent Major: Alright, short, and got Morrison over, and showed the relationship between Batista, and Morrison being a well established one. As they have each other's back.

Randy Orton, John Cena & Steph McMahon: Well this really was straight forward, and too the point. I would have liked more of a war of words between the two, as it would build their rivalry more. Either way, its a big match that we, the readers should have seen coming a mile away.

Evan Bourne & Steph McMahon: k?

Shelton Benjamin v. Evan Bourne: Good action here, with two I'd love to write with more often. Portrayed both of their styles pretty well imo, and having Benjamin win without taking Bourne out of the MITB match in anyway was good. The MITB has one hell of a good line of participants as it is, and should steal the show at 'mania. Good match btw.

Major Brothers, and Morrtista: "k?" II

Cody Rhodes v. Jeff Hardy; Aftermath: The match could have been a lot better, but anyways, how Kane did all that damage without the referee noticing, even if he was "distracted" is beyond me. Steel Cage match at 'mania? Not likely imo, as 'mania I'd like to say is too classy for these types of matches. Hence 'mania only having one cage match after Wrestlemania VII. Anyways, either way the match will be awesome, and I remember reading Styles v. Kane which was unfinished I believe, or something like that. Maybe I just didn't finish reading completly, but I know your work with both of these two is great, and the addition of the cage will be ownage.

Cena & 'Taker v. Orton & Jericho: Best match of the night without a doubt. The action was perfectly executed, and the interaction between everyone was great. I hate the cheap disqualification ending, and really I don't see the DQ being called upon a kick below the belt. Anways, the end did get Orton over big time hitting the RKO on the Phenom himself. Good match, and builds both mega fueds up well.

The Real Main Event: What the french? Didn't see this coming at all! I wonder what effect this will have on the Killings/McMahon feud. But wow, this was all well played CT Styles, and this gets you over as a great writer, and story teller in my book. Amazing idea, but yet it was so simplistic, but still unseen by myself. Crazy ending to RAW without a doubt. Not to mention the new guy? I wouldn't be suprised if him, and Shane-O-Mac begin to feud.

Aftermath of the show: Good solid show. Promo's did let down imo, but still good show. Matches were alright, and but the MITB qualifier for Benjamin, and the Main Event were the strong point of the show without a doubt. DX v. Priceless will be good, and I cant wait to see the next point in the McMahon storyline, and WM looks amazing. I have a preview up so go check that out if you don't mind.

CT Styles

WrestlingInsiderLogo.png

Pro-Wrestling News

WWE are said to have signed former ECW star Elijah Burke to a contract. It's not known yet when he will debut but after Wrestlemania is said to be the time he will finally make his return to WWE. Another big independent star is said to have signed a contract also and will debut after Wrestlemania and take part in a proposed and almost certain stable. Another former star is almost apart of the company again, he's unknown but has almost put pen to paper.

The WWE were in the midst of debuting The Legacy which would be a second-generation stable consisting of Randy Orton, Ted DiBiase and Cody Rhodes but the plans were put on hold and the stable will be teased going into Wrestlemania and certainly debut sometime after. The WWE are very high on the idea and see it going far. There is also more ideas for the stable and its future.

Official Monday Night RAW Preview
This week's edition of Monday Night RAW comes to you LIVE from the First Union Center in Philadelphia!

Last week was one of the most shocking editions of Monday Night RAW in recent memory. In one of the most shocking and emotional promos in history, Vincent Kennedy McMahon admitted that he attempted to take his life on that bridge and Ron Killings seemingly had nothing to do with it. Shane McMahon is literally in shock at what his father said, questions are circulating as to who the man was standing at the top of the stage and now Ron Killings wants answers. In Shane McMahon's only communication with the media in the past week he only had one thing to say, 'I don't believe it. Not for one second.' Shane will be opening this week's show and is said to be more serious than anyone has ever seen him. Vince McMahon will be present at this week's edition of RAW and it's not expected to be a positive exchange of words if the two meet, which is what's highly expected to happen.

Last week during a very emotional speech, it was revealed Shawn Michaels' final opponent in his wrestling career will be none other than his best friend, Triple H. At the conclusion of the heartfelt speech, Shawn Michaels came down to the ring and the two embraced only; it was interrupted by the WWE Tag Team Champions Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase who challenged the two men who together are known formerly as D-Generation X. They accepted. For one last time, the team of DX will reunite one last time to take on the team of Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase. Also last week, another match was announced in John Morrison and Batista taking on The Major Brothers, Brett and Brian. Morrison defeated one half of the team and will now team up with Batista to battle both brothers.

The Undertaker does not often address the fans but on this edition of Monday Night RAW he will. He claimed a few weeks ago that he had a secret for Chris Jericho regarding their match at Wrestlemania. The Undertaker will reveal that secret on RAW. How will Chris Jericho react to the secret? More importantly, what is The Undertaker's secret? It will be revealed on this week's edition of Monday Night RAW so tune in! On the topic of Wrestlemania, in RAW Live Events there has been two more spots filled. Mr. Kennedy and Kofi Kingston both qualified and booked themselves into Wrestlemania. There is now one spot left and it will be determined on this edition of RAW when a mystery opponent takes on Ken Doane in the final qualifying match. Who will the mystery opponent be?

The Intercontinental Champion Christian Cage and MVP have been at each others throats since 'Captain Charisma' made his return to the WWE. Christian and MVP will get to face each other in a triple threat match. The third opponent is said to be a secret MVP is keeping from Christian Cage so we will have to wait and find out who the third opponent is. No doubt MVP will try anything to get a cheap win against his current rival. Will 'Captain Charisma' stand tall in this triple threat encounter with his current rival or will MVP use his typical tactics to get the win over the Intercontinental Champion? Evan Bourne has called out CM Punk to explain his actions and his current change of personality, will 'The Straightedge Superstar' answer?

Confirmed Card
Shane McMahon opens the show!
The team of John Morrison and Batista battle against the Major Brothers!
Undertaker reveals his secret to Chris Jericho!
A mystery opponent takes on Ken Doane for the final spot in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match at Wrestlemania!
Evan Bourne calls out CM Punk!
Intercontinental Champion Christian Cage takes part in a triple threat consisting of MVP and a mystery opponent!
The team of Shawn Michaels and Triple H; D-Generation X reunite one last time to battle Team Priceless!
Randy Orton, John Cena, Stephanie McMahon and more will all also make appearances!

Evil Austin

He will probably talk about how this is his show he is a mcmahon not this brown haird kid, this also might have Vince come in at any time. Though not sure about the outcome.
The team of John Morrison and Batista battle against the Major Brothers!
The fact that he is going to rest in peace? lol.
A mystery opponent takes on Ken Doane for the final spot in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match at Wrestlemania!
I have a feeling that this mystery opponent will win, there is a reason why he is a mystery.
Evan Bourne calls out CM Punk!
Probably will be a brawl I dunno.
Intercontinental Champion Christian Cage takes part in a triple threat consisting of MVP and a mystery opponent!
I have a feeling that the mystery opponent will be Killings. :yes:
The team of Shawn Michaels and Triple H; D-Generation X reunite one last time to battle Team Priceless!
Team Priceless will win, gives them a good push. Shawn superkicks Triple H or Triple H pedigree's HBK, but something will happen for their match. and someone will be Heel. Going into their match at Mania.
Randy Orton, John Cena, Stephanie McMahon and more will all also make appearances!
Looks really good, Ill try and not stuff up my review this time :D

y2j__legend

Okay since you have been reviewing me a lot of the time, I have decided that it is time for me to review you. I have been on and off with this thread, so sorry if I am not up to date with the storyline shizz. I do remember the McMahon death storyline however.

Y2J reviews CT's RAW

Best Match: The main event was the shit tbh, not shit, THE shit :p. It had four great workers and nonetheless four of my favourite workers (yeh Cena is there, shut up -_-), and the Disqualification ending was a copout yet the right decision here, as it did not make any of the competitors look weak ahead of the two HUGE Wrestlemania matches. Shelton and Bourne would have been awesome to see although I do not like Shelton on a live RAW since he is botch central, but Bourne is cream worthy :D.

Best Promo: All promo were good to great in my opinion, as even though others have touched on the announcement of the Unification match being on the mid to late area on the show, the McMahon storyline is the hottest thing going on at the moment. The McMahon promo was a bit short for my liking but still another shocking twist in this storyline. All promos were good in my opinion, except the promo/segment which I talk about later on in this review. Rhodes and Dibiase vs. DX looks nice, Rock and Austin interference FTFW.

Worst Match: One match short on this show IMO, as two of them were very short matches. I would have to go with the Morrison and Major match, as not even the AWESOMENESS of Morrison can save the boretasticness of Major. Also, the Hardy and Rhodes was a bit short for my liking, and Hardy losing equals :n:.

Worst Promo: Okay, the Major Brothers have no charisma whatsoever and barely any talent IMO, so pairing them in a feud with Morrison and heel beast Dave OWNS is not on tbh. Hopefully Morrison and Batista move on from this feud VERY soon with a simple squash match and then the tag team titles after getting them off of Rhodes and Dibiase, as the team is intriguing yet own worthy.

Additional Comments: Okay CT, it was a great show in my opinion as the promos were a little short, but they were all vital in terms of storyline enhancement. Also, I was a bit upset with the lack of build with Rhodes and Dibiase against Austin and the Rock, but I understand that with the two being huge stars, the time on weekly shows is limited. Once again, the Major Brothers absolutely BLOW! Anyways, your Mania card looks like THE SEX~!, and I will be a consistent reviewer from here on out.

comicgeekelly

2/23/09 Raw Review

DX/Priceless promo- The emotion from Hunter felt real, nice job on that. Priceless is gonna get squashed in their match, but oh well it should be good.

Major vs. Morrison- SQUASH!!!!! Not the hottest first match that you could have picked, but by no means was it bad.

Steph/Orton/Cena promo- Orton's insults toward Cena made me laugh.

Bourne/Steph promo- Steph got back to her office pretty fast. Just looking at it form a realistic stand point. These comercials were pretty close together.

Bourne vs. Benjamin- This was a great match. I was expecting some kind of interference by Punk/ I think it was better that he didn't show up. MITB is looking good so far.

Hardy vs. Rhodes- This match really didn't help or hurt anyone, it mostly just moved along the story. With the Cage Match Announced Mania might turn into gimmickfest. lol

Main Event- This was a damn good match. PPV quality. I was a bit disapointed with the ending.

End promo- Wow, did not see that coming. Cool twist. I wonder who the dude is.

AC- Another solid show from this BTB. Looking forward to the next show. Lot's of twists and turn in the booking make your BTB really interesting.

xtremebadass

I haven't done this in awhile so here we go...

Best Match: This one goes to Cena/Taker vs. Orton/Jericho. This is your basic set up preview match for two huge matches at your Mania. It had a good amount of action. Plus the finishing shot really sent a message to Cena from the challenger. Now I have to go back and see the real history of this feud because this was a great stop on the road to Mania.

Worst Match: I am going with Major vs. Morrison. It was an opener, sort of the smallest of all the matches, had decent action, had it's purpose, I just wasn't into it that much.

Best Promo: I am pretty intrigued by this McMahon angle you have going here about Vince trying to take his life on a bridge? Who's the dude?

Worst Promo: All were good, but Batista and Morrison could have been longer, but since it was just a pep talk before the match, I guess there was nothing really wrong with it.

AC: I am trying to get back into reviewing everyone's shows when I find the time, I am sorry I was gone so long. This is a great show and I think I started reading at the right time for Mania, looks like a sweet show, love the poster.

THE Renegade Diesel

Glad to see XBA back on the scene.

He discusses his father, and the mystery man. Cant give much more input really.

Morrtista v. Major Brothers
Squash? I also wonder what will go on with these two come Wrestlemania. I hope they don't go onto the MITB, and I also believe Morrtista would have been better to face DX tonight.

Wonder what it is.

Ken Doane v. ? in an MITB Qualifier
A lot of mystery gimmicks this show which kind of kills it really. Anyways, you said it was the last spot in the MITB match? Where were the last two?

Evan Bourne calls CM Punk Out!
I was wondering when they'd do promo's with each other. I dont see a brawl, I'd rather Benjamin get involved to hype the MITB matches contestants.

Christian Cage v. Montel Vontavious Porter v. ?
Push the star in the midcard scene with a win over the IC champion.

Priceless v. D Generation X
Push to the sky, while a heel is established in the match between HBK, and HHH. Not sure if physicallity will go on, but maybe HBK teasing a superkick? Or Triple H actually nailing a Pedigree? Who knows. I cant wait.

CT Styles

Diesel said:
Anyways, you said it was the last spot in the MITB match? Where were the last two?

Here it is..
Preview said:
On the topic of Wrestlemania, in RAW Live Events there has been two more spots filled. Mr. Kennedy and Kofi Kingston both qualified and booked themselves into Wrestlemania.

y2j__legend

Morrtista v. Major Brothers
Squash. Batista and Morrison own, nuff said.

Ken Doane v. ? in an MITB Qualifier
Really got no fucking idea of who this will be, but I <3 Doane. Make him a jobber and I kill you.

Christian Cage v. Montel Vontavious Porter v. ?
Once again, absolutely no fuckin idea. Going with the mystery man setting up an Intercontinental Title Match between Cage and the mystery dude.

Priceless v. D Generation X
Feel good moment with some teasing of disention within D Generation X. Rock and Austin to interfere please.

Also I have no idea as to who this mystery man will be. *cough* Charlie FUCKING Cosgrove *cough* :p.

The Anigma

Best Match: John Cena and The Undertaker vs. Randy Orton and Chris Jericho-With four of the top superstars in the WWE competing in a tag team match, you can’t go wrong. The action in this match was nicely written and it was great to see a little preview before Mania. Orton sent a message loud and clear with the RKO.

Worst Match: Bret Major vs. John Morrison- This was basically a squash. There’s not much to say about it other than it served it’s purpose of getting Morrison over and showing his and Batista’s as a solidified team.

Best Interview/Segment: The McMahon angle you have going has me very fascinated. I’m very interested in this. McMahon trying to take his own life is something new. But who’s the guy?

Worst Interview/Segment: Steph/Cena/Orton- The announcement about the unification of the world titles should’ve been a bit longer. I think there should’ve been more drama and emotion put into it. It was almost like, “Hey, guys. We’re unifying the belts.” “Okay, great”. End segment. That’s how it came across to me. It seemed like a promo that would’ve taken place backstage.

Additional Feedback/Comments: I am just getting back into reviewing shows and I think this was a very good show. The most intriguing storyline you have going is the McMahon angle. I’m very interested to see how this pans out and who the guy is. Next week looks like it's going to be a great show as well. Keep up the good work.