WWE: An Age of Evolution

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

y2j__legend

Reaction score
Sorry I haven't dropped in lately, but I'll be sure to check out this show and the shows following this.

PREDICTIONS~!

Aren't both Punk and Burke heels? Anyways, one of the faces on the roster costs Punk the win, maybe Christian after last week, creating a stable war.

Cosgrove gets his own army (Brown, Christian and a few others), and as I just said, a full on stable war erupts in this thread.

I <3 Dolph and TBK, so I want them to get the win. Nuff said :eek:.

Jericho to join Punk, Orton and Edge in their heel stable plz.

MVP and Bourne feud is complete pwnage, can't wait to read a match of theirs in the future. Backlash?

As seX said, Black Man Stable with MVP, Kofi, Benjamin and maybe the Truth plz, who belt cunts who get in their way :p.

Show looks like the sex.

CT Styles

Monday Night RAW; April 13, 2009
Kemper Arena; Kansas City

Monday Night RAW opens with a negative tone as it relives the unforgivable events of last week's conclusion of RAW; the vicious attack on Christian at the hands of his seemingly psychotic and uncontrollable brother later aided by WWE Champion Randy Orton and CM Punk. All three perpetrators of the sickening event will be met in the ring tonight by their General Manager, Charlie Cosgrove who is said to be disgusted by what unfolded. On the topic of the punishment, 'Made You Look' by Nas is released through the speakers and heard throughout the arena as Monday Night RAW General Manager Charlie Cosgrove appears at the top of the ramp greeted with cheers from the excited crowd as he walks down the ramp microphone in hand, and walks up the steel steps to stand in the center of the ring in which unfortunate events unfolded last week. The popular and accepted GM moves the microphone up to his lips to start off the show..

Cosgrove: You all saw what happened last week and it was unforgivable. I hate watching over the video recaps and seeing the disgusting undertaking of the physical dissection of Christian. Not only did they execute these actions, but they performed this hideous act during the sendoff of possibly the greatest professional-wrestler of all-time! These men give the impression that they think they can do whatever they want, whenever they want and not face the implications that will no doubt be negative. I'm calling the three of you out to the ring, now.

The crowd anticipates what could unfold once or if the trio make their way down to the ring at the order of their General Manager.

King: The stage is set, Cosgrove's out there.

'Voices' hits to boos as the WWE Champion in Randy Orton walks through the curtain and stands at the top of the ramp leading down to the ring with his coveted WWE Championship over his shoulder. He maintains his confident smile on his face as he oozes of confidence at the top of the ramp. He stands aside as he awaits the next member of the now-very controversial trio. 'Metalingus' is the next infamous piece of music to play to our ears as 'The Rated R Superstar' Edge whom last week certainly lived up to his 'Rated R' name with the assault he unleashed on his brother stands beside his former Rated RKO partner, Randy Orton.

JR: And they maintain those disgusting smiles on their faces!

'This Fire Burns' is played finally and 'The Straightedge Superstar' CM Punk who is responsible for the assault on Ron Killings last week stands to the side of Edge as all three men now walk down to the ramp, all seemingly pleased with themselves, solidifying the crowd's hatred and distaste towards the trio.

JR: They maintain those smiles on their faces, the crowd hates them, they disgust me, what else can they do?!

All receive microphones as they enter the ring that is filled with hatred and distaste. The three stand in a line across from Cosgrove who stares directly at them letting it be known the events of last week will not be tolerated.

Cosgrove: And just what the HELL were you three doing last week?

Cosgrove looks in the eyes of CM Punk and points to him..

Cosgrove: YOU assaulted or 'attacked', whatever you want to call it, two people last week!

Punk: Don't point your finger at me.

Cosgrove: Excuse me?

Punk: Don't point your finger at me. Who do you think you are?

Cosgrove is bewildered at Punk's preposterous question.

Cosgrove: Do you know who you're talking to?

Orton suddenly steps in with his coveted WWE Championship over his shoulder. He takes a step forward in a loud and intimidating manner.

Orton: No, Charlie! Do you know who YOU'RE talking to? Why don't you just take one step back and think for a minute. Think about who you're talking to and what they're capable of because believe me, I give you my word that we are capable of more than you think or know. We as a collective behold more power over this business than you or any of these inbreeds watching can fathom! So the question is, Charlie.. do you really want to take us on?

Cosgrove is shocked at what has come out of the WWE Champion's mouth.

Cosgrove: What the hell are you talking about? Me wanting to take you on? Who is this 'us' you're referring too? The three of you?

Edge: Just the three of us? You really don't know anything about us. Something has reawaken, reemerged and is close to running full-powered again.

Orton: Charlie, you really don't know anything, this is something way beyond anything ever witnessed in professional-wrestling and something that has never been surpassed whether people know it or not. Only a select few people who have been involved with the business over its history know what we're talking about so Charlie, I recommend you stay out of our way! You've already gotten on my nerves concerning the match you made for Backlash but it's something I'm going to have to deal with.

Punk: So do you really want to punish us? Come on, I dare you.

Cosgrove is actually enthralled by what these men have had to say but maintains his confident outlook throughout the situation.

Cosgrove: So I'm guessing Christian knew something concerning whatever you three are talking about? That's why I heard 'he knows' being yelled?

Neither of the men answer.

Cosgrove: As a matter of fact, no, I'm not going to 'punish' you, I want to witness you men back up your words. Punk, you've got your Intercontinental Championship match at Backlash BUT I have a little surprise for you.. there's going to be a third competitor in the match to make sure things are kept under control..

The crowd cheer in anticipation as to who it could be..

MattHardyPromo-1.png

The titantron shows us the graphic hyping the return of Matt Hardy and the crowd embraces the fact with a massive pop!

Cosgrove: That's right, at Backlash it will be CM Punk taking on the Intercontinental Champion Elijah Burke AND Matt Hardy! Also, this whole 'thing' you've got going here and 'have had going', I think it's a load of BS.

Punk, Orton and Edge turn to look at each other infuriated by the comment made Cosgrove. The anger etched on their faces is extremely fearful and it looks as if Cosgrove may have said something he shouldn't have.

'Made You Look' hits as Cosgrove exits the ring.

King: What is this thing Edge, Orton and Punk are all talking about?

Commercial Break

Backstage

Randy Orton, CM Punk and Edge are seen walking backstage from the ring when suddenly EMTs and security barge through them and continue running in the direction they're walking in.

JR: Ladies and Gentleman, we have just received word that our General Manager Charlie Cosgrove has been viciously assaulted in his office! He is apparently unconscious!

Cosgrove's Office

His desk is tipped over and numerous documents that were previously on his desk are spread all over the floor as EMTs survey the environment in which the attacking obviously took place. Cosgrove is lying face down on the carpet; above where his lifeless body lies, there is marking on the wall, giving evidence he was thrown into the wall. An EMT turns him over onto his stomach and a piece of paper is seen lying on his chest. He lifts up the mysterious piece of paper to reveal a familiar sight, the mysterious 'S' logo.

Ringside

King: Now if we were to jump to conclusions, JR, we'd say that the trio we just witnessed in the ring assaulted Cosgrove, but they weren't present as the camera shows them walking away from the ring; they weren't even capable of getting there in time.

JR: This is starting to become a scary occurrence here on RAW as no one seems to be safe from these attacks; worst of all, we don't know who's behind them!

Commercial Break

Backstage

Maria Kanellis, RAW's sexiest interviewer stands by in a very revealing red number. The camera shows that she is standing next to the young Dolph Ziggler. Ziggler stands over Maria with a cocky smile on his face. Before he even says anything, he winks at Maria while chewing on gum in a confident manner. Maria looks visibly uncomfortable.

Maria: Um, Dol..

Ziggler interrupts, putting his hand out for his signature greeting.

Ziggler: Hi, Dolph Ziggler.

Maria uncomfortably replies.

Maria: Um, hi. Anyway, Dolph, last week you seemed to offer your friendship to Ken-Co through a handshake but unfortunately for you, you were declined. How does that make you feel?

Ziggler maintains that cocky, hot-shot aura as he chews on his gum with a cocky smile on his face.

Ziggler: I'll let you find out how I feel about it, I'll go out there and kick their ass, baby.

Maria: Can you not call me that?

Commercial Break

Mr. Kennedy's theme hits as Ken-Co appear at the top of the ramp pleased with the reaction they garner from the crowd. They walk down to the ring confidently, the evident loudmouth in Kennedy moves his shoulders around in a cycle as he approaches the ring.

JR: They were successful last week in their debut, can they continue the winning run?

King: Kennedy looks confident but hell, when does he not?

JR: And according to some rumors I've heard backstage, there's going to be a WWE Tag Team Championship Open Invitational at Backlash, could this be Ken-Co's opportunity?

King: Who knows? It could be any two people's opportunity! How is it going to be made official if our general manager's in an ambulance right now?

Dolph Ziggler's theme hits and a distasteful reaction greets the team of Dolph Ziggler and The Brian Kendrick as they walk down to the ring to join Ken-Co in beginning RAW's opening contest. The Brian Kendrick, garnering heat via cockily dancing down to the ring and Ziggler by simply using 'that' facial expression.

King: Ziggler seemed to have a little 'thing' for Maria back there before the break.

JR: I'd hate to be Maria, or anyone who has to deal with this idiot.

Match 1
Ken-Co vs. Dolph Ziggler and The Brian Kendrick

The two young-guns in Ziggler and Doane start off the match which was booked due to Ziggler's offering of a handshake last week which was turned down. The two future prospects of success lock up in the middle of the ring, only for the ever talkative Ziggler to quickly catch Ken Doane off-guard with a headlock. Ziggler retreats backwards to the ropes to release the hold as well as use the ropes as a form of rebounding to kick-start a strong run. Ziggler comes off the opposite ropes and tries to connect with a shoulder block though Doane catches the ever so confident Ziggler with a drop-toe-hold that forces Ziggler to faceplant in the middle of the ring. Doane then returns to his corner to get the tag on the fellow loudmouth in the match, Mr. Kennedy. Kennedy acknowledges the downed Ziggler by pointing at him with both arms and putting his head on a slant as if to say, 'Come on, how can I refuse that?' he stomps away at Ziggler before retreating backwards to the corner turnbuckle on the top right if you were watching on television. He leans back with his elbows comfortable positioned on the ropes.

As Kennedy cockily showcases his comfortableness with the match in the corner, Ziggler begins to recover and get back onto one knee and gradually back to two feet. Kennedy charges at Ziggler with a big boot but the slick-haired Ziggler sidesteps the dangerous maneuver on Kennedy's half and attempts a Jumping Russian Legsweep but Kennedy manages to hold onto the ropes thus Ziggler lands on the canvas awkwardly. Kennedy drops down quickly for a hook of the leg, 1...2, Ziggler kicks out and Kennedy attempts to guide him back up to a vertical standpoint. Ziggler pushes Kennedy back as the fellow loudmouth takes two steps back due to the strength of the push. Kennedy is rather angry about the push and retaliates with a fast swinging right hand but Ziggler ducks and then catches Kennedy with an Enzuigiri that knocks him down to the canvas. Both members of the tag-team lay down due and the crowd express their love for Kennedy by cheering for him and getting behind him to make the fresh tag on his partner, Doane.

Ziggler lunges forward from the canvas and connects with a tag on the cocky The Brian Kendrick. Kendrick jumps over the top rope and enters the ring energetically. Doane is tagged in and he charges in towards the obviously quicker Kendrick. The Brian Kendrick leaps up in perfect time to connect with a hurracanrana that takes the oncoming Ken Doane down. Kendrick maintains his speedy momentum and times his run to the ropes as the shocked Doane helps himself back up to two feet. Kendrick springboards off the ropes with a back elbow but Doane perfects a standing dropkick into the back of the airborne The Brian Kendrick and the momentum is back in Ken-Co's favor. Kendrick works his way back up, nursing his back with his right hand, trying to rub it. He staggers backwards into the ropes at the top as if you were watching on a screen and rests back on them. A refreshed and ready Doane charges at The Kendrick but falls victim to a boot to the jaw that knocks him back around exposing him to a new found grogginess.

The Brian Kendrick approaches the staggering Doane and attempts to guide him over to the ropes in hopes of performing The Kendrick but Doane quickly counters in the midst of Kendrick's performance and brings him down with a strong back suplex. Both men are down on the canvas, perspiring due to exhaustion the two try to make their own way to their corners to gain a fresh tag that could potentially reshape the match. Kendrick slowly pulls himself over to his corner while Doane is almost there. The tag is made! Kennedy enters the ring and almost makes it to Kendrick through running but just misses out as Kendrick lunges forward to connect. The referee stands to the side of Kennedy but more ahead of him as he inspects the tag and Kendrick nails a sneaky backward-aimed kick to the groin of Kennedy who drops down to his knees. Ziggler enters the ring and lands a boot to the face of the kneeling Kennedy and tries to finish him off with the pin, 1...2... Kennedy kicks out. Ziggler guides Kennedy back up to his feet to try and continue the punishment on the now-weakened Mr. Kennedy.

He strongly whips Kennedy to the ropes, showcasing his ruthlessness for the match now and tries for a clothesline in an attempt to knock Kennedy's head off but the weakened Kennedy ducks the clothesline on the way through and comes off the opposite ropes before stopping prematurely behind Ziggler. He shares an obscene gesture with The Brian Kendrick which garners cheers from the crowd before rolling Ziggler up from behind with a sneaky grip of the tights the referee is oblivious to, 1...2...3

Winners - Ken-Co via Pinfall

A satisfied Mr. Kennedy gets his hand raised with a big smile on his face. He looks over at the team of Kendrick and Ziggler and yells the words, 'Payback's a bitch!' an infuriated Dolph Ziggler who still remains on his knees after getting up in shock due to the roll-up punches the canvas viciously and looks as if he's going to explode. Ken-Co leave up the ramp as Ziggler looks extremely angry in the ring.

King: Ziggler looks as if he's going to blow, JR. He doesn't look happy at all.

Commercial Break

Backstage

A visibly angry Dolph Ziggler walks down the hallway and bumps into Maria Kanellis who shows her discomfort on her face as Ziggler somehow recreates that cocky smile and puts his arm around her which she obviously doesn't like.

Ziggler: Look, I just lost under unbelievable circumstances, I'm pissed off, I'm angry, what do you say I take you out for dinner tonight and we can cool down.. together.

Maria: I.. really don't want to.

Ziggler, already seething from what happened in the ring snaps.

Ziggler: WHAT?! What?! You won't go on a date with me, Dolph Ziggler?

Maria: Yeah, that's right. I don't like you, now can you please leave me alone?

Ziggler: Dolph Ziggler does not get rejected, baby.

Ziggler grabs Maria by the arm in an intimidating manner.

Maria: Get your hands off me!

Ziggler releases his grip of her arms hesitantly and emphasizes the fact that he is not impressed, swinging his hands around in gestures suggesting he's going to something but he can't think of the words to say. Maria walks off scared.

Ringside

King: Dolph Ziggler needs to get a grip, JR! He can't go 'round treating ladies like that!

'Bringin' Da Hood T U!' is heard throughout the arena as the audience express their love for the team of JTG and Shad; Cryme Tyme. The two perform their signature illustrious theatrics down to the ring.

JR: Cryme Tyme have been booked in this match to battle the team of Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase in a non-title affair at the orders of Randy Orton. Rhodes and DiBiase are said to be keen on affiliating themselves with 'The Legend Killer' and WWE Champion Orton.

'Priceless' is then received negatively as their theme music plays. The two WWE Tag Team Champions strut down to the ring, oozing of confidence.

King: As always, the team of Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase are looking confident but I've always thought there's a difference between confidence and cockiness that Cody and Ted seem to prosper in.

Match 2
Cryme Tyme vs. Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase

In what is by no means a 'first-time match-up' the two teams firstly go over their game plan in their corner before turning to face their opposition. JTG is set to start the match off for Cryme Tyme and Rhodes looks as if he'll be beginning. Rhodes' cocky aura that he perfects so well, shines through as the two lock-up. Rhodes captures JTG in a headlock before landing some elbows to the head of the money loving member of Cryme Tyme. While delivering some elbows, that cocky smirk remains on his face. Rhodes releases JTG of his headlock and whips him to the ropes. JTG comes off the ropes but runs into a dropkick from the prepared Rhodes. This proves to be the beginning of an established clear advantage for the young cocky team of Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase. As Rhodes preserves control of JTG with continuous elbow drops to his now aching sternum, the young gun in Rhodes follows up his continued, uninterrupted offense with a hook of the leg, 1...2.. and JTG kicks out valiantly. The advantage stays in the possession of Rhodes and DiBiase even after DiBiase is tagged in by his partner.

The domination of JTG continues as DiBiase whips him to the corner turnbuckles before following him up with a powerful charging clothesline to the corner. DiBiase's cockiness perhaps may have gotten the better of him as he does not do a simple rule in the world of professional wrestling; pin after all powerful moves. The son of Ted DiBiase Senior simply smirks at the fallen JTG and casually strides over to the corner his partner Cody is located, waiting for the tag which he receives. There is what would best be explained as, a turning of the tables as JTG does not receive the beating that we have come to expect in this match-up as he reverses a whip to the ropes with one of his own before collecting a rebounding Cody Rhodes with a devastating leg lariat. The ever popular fan-favorite, as soon as he lands, lunges over to his corner to connect with the tag on his partner, Shad. The crowd cheer for the fresh tag which could turn to a real 'turning of the tables'. Once Rhodes is back on two feet he turns around to face the two meter tall Shad and suddenly the cockiness from Rhodes and DiBiase seems to shudder.

Shad captures the momentum and now the clear advantage goes to the team of Cryme Tyme. The massive Shad treats Cody Rhodes like his own personal rag doll. The two-meter tall Shad throws Rhodes into the corner before charging into that corner with a big boot that could very well be worthy of leaving the imprint of Shad's boot on Cody's face. As Cryme Tyme continue to maintain the momentum of the match, Rhodes and DiBiase realize that they need to get themselves out of trouble. As Rhodes crumbles up in the corner thanks to the vicious onslaught he has been on the other side from Shad, he calls the referee over, signaling he's injured his ankle. Shad fairly stands by as Rhodes gets the 'injured ankle' looked at. Meanwhile, DiBiase sneaks through the ropes and nails a chop block to the back of Shad's leg that drops him down to one knee. DiBiase quickly sets him up for a Dream Street though JTG runs in the ring to try make the save. DiBiase is prepared and sidesteps the oncoming JTG before pushing him from behind.

Due to the push, JTG garners more momentum and speed and falls through the ropes and to the outside as DiBiase brings Shad down with a successful Dream Street and flees to the apron as Rhodes 'miraculously' recovers and lunges over to Shad, landing on top of him for the pin, 1...2...3

Winners - Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase via Pinfall

Commercial Break

'I Get Money' by 50 Cent plays as the crowd look on in confusion as to who it could be. Lots of murmuring goes on through the arena until a man in a black suit appears at the top of the stage, the man is Kofi Kingston. Kingston stands in the center of the distaste and heat thrown at him for his act last week against Evan Bourne. He stands there with black sunglasses on, his hair in a similar fashion as usual though he's in a suit. He walks down the ramp, ignoring taunts from members of the crowd leaning over the barricade. He enters the ring via the steps and stands in the middle of the ring with a microphone in his hand.

Kingston: Shut up and listen.

Kingston's Jamaican accent lingers through the heads of the audience members. Kingston takes his sunglasses off and looks around at the crowd.

Kingston: I didn't want to be idolized as something I'm not. Basically, the point I want to get across is, don't mess with me. I'm capable of many more things than what I come across as..

'Ain't No Stoppin' Me!' hits and Shelton Benjamin comes down to the ring dressed to compete, pumping himself up. Kingston turns to look at Benjamin who's entering the ring and shows that he is not impressed by Benjamin's interruption.

Kingston: What are you doing?

Benjamin: Our match is now, I don't care what you say.

Kingston: It's pretty frigging obvious I'm not ready. Now get out before you do something you regret. My suit is worth more than your yearly paycheck, man.

Benjamin: Oh is that right? You got that sorta' money to throw around, have you?

Kingston: Put it this way, I'm so paid.

Kingston laughs cockily. Benjamin takes a swing at Kingston with his right hand. Kingston dodges it via stepping back and reacts angrily to Benjamin's swipe at him. Kingston steps back, undoes his tie and throws it to ringside, he then takes his jacket off and undoes his top two buttons before gearing up. He turns to the timekeeper and calls for the bell to be rung.

Match 3
Shelton Benjamin vs. Kofi Kingston

The crowd are behind Shelton Benjamin, the man whom interrupted a seemingly new Kofi Kingston. Kingston, obviously not prepared for his match, sporting his black Armani pants along with a briefly unbuttoned shirt shows Benjamin he's now angered and fired up; 'Let's go!' he yells. He positions himself into a fighting stance before Benjamin advances towards him. Benjamin takes a swing with his right hand but Kingston ducks and performs a feint roundhouse kick that spins into an enzuigiri that knocks Benjamin down to the canvas, seemingly unconscious. Kingston expresses his satisfaction via his body language which doesn't go over well with the crowd whom simply boo him as he fixes up his clothing. Benjamin staggers back up to his feet as Kofi begins to measure him again conceitedly which doesn't have a positive affect on the audience. Benjamin dizzily and obviously affected by the kick from Kingston falls into the turnbuckles at the bottom left as if you were watching on television. Kingston runs at Benjamin but 'The Gold Standard' puts out a boot.

Kingston's face connects with the boot and he stumbles backwards, he hears a ripping noise and almost feels the sensation as he looks over his shoulder and realizes that his shirt has ripped ascribing it to the kick Benjamin is responsible for. Kingston's Armani shirt is ruined and he rips it off furiously. He charges back at Benjamin, now topless and instead meets the turnbuckles as Benjamin sidesteps the incoming maneuver. Kingston turns around into Benjamin who greets him immediately with a belly-to-belly suplex. Kingston lands on his back and expresses the pain he just received. Benjamin pumps himself up, determination in his eyes as the omniscient Benjamin dropkicks a recovering Kingston in the face, knowing he would try to slowly get back up. Benjamin leaps on the back of Kingston; shades of his amateur wrestling career coming through as he grasps the now transformed, unfamiliar Kingston in a waist lock. Benjamin eventually releases the punishing hold and begins to measure a recovering Kingston; his presence Kingston is oblivious to.

Benjamin approaches Kingston from behind with a sense of vengeance. He guides him back up to his two feet and whips him to the ropes that, if watching on a screen, would be top of the screen. Kingston rebounds off the ropes swiftly but an extremely zealous Benjamin unveils a back body drop to an unsuspecting Kingston though, surprises Benjamin, flipping over his back and bringing him down with a sunset flip roll-up, 1...2... Benjamin kicks out strongly, springing himself off his back momentarily. The athletically gifted Benjamin springs back up to his feet very quickly anyway though; Kingston is certainly athletically gifted in many ways also. As soon as his opponent gets up to his feet, 'The Gold Standard' unleashes a massive right-legged roundhouse though Kingston ducks and odiously delivers a low-blow to the vulnerable Benjamin.

Winner - Shelton Benjamin via DQ

The bell is rung as an obviously impatient Kingston, whom simply wanted the match to end quickly or in fact, never have happened unleashes a vicious stomping assault on Benjamin. The disgusted crowd fill the ring with hate and distaste as Kingston bathes himself in it with a punishable grin. The booing soon transitions into cheers as Cryme Tyme appear at the top of the ramp and begin to run down to the ring with steel chairs seemingly to the aid of 'The Gold Standard'.

JR: Oh good! Cryme Tyme's come to the aid of Shelton Benjamin! Quick, hurry and end this disgusting act!

The street tandem slide in the ring and Shad unleashes a chair shot on Kingston though, he pulls out before he makes contact and hands Kingston the chair. The two smile as Shad lifts Benjamin up in a full-nelson predicament where Kingston takes advantage of the restrained Benjamin and delivers a chair shot to his open midsection. He is then released and stands up briefly but JTG lands a chair shot on his head and he drops down to the canvas.

JR: WHAT?! WHAT?! What the hell is going on here?!

Commercial Break

King: What the hell is going on here in the WWE? People are not as they seem. People are not aligned with who you'd come to expect.

JR: Things are indeed very strange around here, King. We just saw Cryme Tyme; two men who I'd never expect to help beat down a helpless superstar, well, do just that!

Commercial Break

Backstage

Backstage we see Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase walking down a corridor, they both have a fresh new look given they've both recovered from their match and had some time in their locker rooms. The two WWE Tag Team Champions are in clean-cut casual clothes, jeans and a polo. They follow the corridor until it comes to an end and there's the main food area. They continue on and find another corridor until they finally reach a door on the right and knock on it. They enter..

Ringside

King: Where could they be going?

5...4...3...2...1...0...'Break Down the Walls' echos through the arena as the charismatic Chris Jericho appears in his signature stance, back facing the crowd. Y2J turns around and walks down the ramp with a microphone in hand, showcasing his style, he is dressed to impress as always with his slick clothing. 'The Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla' enters the ring via the steps, then enters through the ropes where he then stands in the middle of the ring at first slightly pacing before gradually slowing down and standing in the center of the ring looking rather relaxed but still slightly stern.

Jericho: Yes, I lost at Wrestlemania 25.

Jericho pauses momentarily and looks around the crowd who barely react as they surmise Jericho has more to say.

Jericho: My goal at Wrestlemania 25 was to not only win the match but to end the streak of The Undertaker.

Y2J pauses again as the crowd begin to feel a negative vibe from his speech thus far.

Jericho: I was unsuccessful, I didn't beat 'The Deadman', 'The Phenom', The Undertaker but what I did, I performed in one of the greatest matches in WWE history in what was one of my greatest performances of my career and quite possibly my best. In that single match-up, I feel like I garnered an amazing amount of respect from people backstage, from all of you and from The Undertaker.

The crowd now begin to get behind Jericho as they are now past that moment of confusion as to where he was going with his promo.

Jericho: There was a period of time last year where Y2J felt like he wasn't getting noticed, where I felt Y2J was just fading away and not getting recognized and that angered me, as you would have been able to tell. So then, I dropped the whole Y2J thing, I wasn't here to save you, I was here to save myself from being forgotten, I did some regrettable things in order to get noticed again and it made me a worse person.

The crowd begin to forgive Jericho if his sins, they begin to exonerate Jericho from his 'crimes' that he has recently committed.

Jericho: The match with Undertaker made me realize what I was capable of, you were all in awe of numerous things in that match that occurred. I realized that this whole business revolves around respect and the way I was acting, I had none.

'Ain't No Make Believe' interrupts Chris Jericho as he turns to see John Morrison at the top of the stage in a red t-shirt and jeans. The cocky Morrison displays a smile matching his description, cocky. He walks down the ramp as he begins to speak.

Morrison: Oh please, Chris. Just stop with the heartwarming 'respect speech' because it's all been done before. The whole 'this business circulates around respect', blah, blah, blah. Chris, please, just drop that whole speech because no matter how much respect you have..

'The Shaman of Sexy' climbs through the ropes and enters the ring with Y2J.

Morrison: ..Ability is what gets you places, ability is what wins you matches, ability is what gets you recognition, ability is what allows you to wow the crowd with your god-given talent. Chris, it all comes down to ability. So just end the whole 'respect' speech that we've all heard time after time here because it's a surefire way of getting the crowd to love you.

Jericho looks on shaking his head discretely with a soft smile etched on his face as if to show he's laughing at the young, narrow-minded Morrison.

Jericho: I don't know about you, but when I broke into this business I would've broken all the bones in my body in a match just to garner the respect from the likes of Ric Flair, Sting and Shawn Michaels! I have heroes who I aspire to be like, men I looked up to and everyday in this business I work towards having people want my respect, have people look up to me, have people look back on matches of mine and aspire to do what I do.

Morrison: Why are you lying, Chris? You honestly could not care less about these people's respect..

Jericho: I come out here every night and try to put on a hell of a show so they can walk home happy.

Morrison: It means nothing, whether they like what you do or not, Chris, it's all about ability and what you do in the ring. Quit trying to be the hero to these people and do what you always claim you will do and that's do something! Why don't you live up to your word and 'capture' that WWE Championship? Why don't you live up to your word and 'become' that legend you claim you want people to look up to? Hell, why don't you start by trying to beat me?

Before Jericho can answer Morrison's proposal 'No Chance in Hell' is heard throughout the arena and interrupts the fiery trading of words between 'The Shaman of Sexy' and 'The Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla'.

Vince McMahon walks to the top of the ramp rather casually in a suit with a microphone in his possession.

McMahon: Due to the attacking of Charlie Cosgrove earlier tonight, I will have to resume his General Manager duties. Allow me to just say, you seem very confident in your ability, John.

Morrison: That I am, Vince.

McMahon: Well, allow me to book you in a match against someone else who respects the fans a whole lot more in the main event of tonight..

Morrison: And who might that be?

McMahon: I'll put it this way - right now, you can't see him.

The crowd cheer at the subtle hint towards John Cena. Morrison is obviously shocked but tries to hide the fact through acting cool about it. Jericho smirks at the announcement and leaves the ring, brushing past Morrison.

JR: Tonight's main event is going to be one to remember, King. John Morrison an athletically gifted young man battling it out against John Cena.

King: There's no introduction needed for that man, he is who he is.

JR: Known all around the word.

Commercial Break

Backstage

Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase are seen unconscious backstage in the hallway they walked down previously on the broadcast. Their clothes are ripped viciously and the fallen WWE Tag Team Champions are quite obviously victims of an attack. Vince McMahon rushes down to the scene and notices something. Beside their body there is a folded piece of paper; inside is the symbol that has been present at all of these attacks. Along with it underneath is writing, Vince reads it out.

Vince: 'Do you really want to know the answer to this? Do you want to know who's behind this? Do you really want to be exposed?'

Confused, Vince ponders as to what he should do. McMahon puts the paper in his pocket.

Ringside

King: What the hell is this 'S' symbol?! It's been present at all of these attacks!

JR: King, this is becoming a very serious problem and I think Vince needs to somehow figure out a way where this is put to an end!

'I'm Comin'!' is played through the speakers, signaling the entrance of the hated Montel Vontavious Porter AKA MVP. The thug in his own words walks down to the ring, staring intimidatingly towards any fan who expresses distaste. He enters the ring showing a 'no messing around' attitude. He paces around the ring awaiting the entrance of his opponent.

JR: The only way to describe that man Montel Vontavious Porter, would be thug; that's all he is. He's come out and said that he wants to kick the ass of someone smaller than him because he liked the way someone else did it last week. Real tough, MVP, real tough.

Evan Bourne's theme is heard and the arena is immediately filled with cheers as the energetic high-flying Bourne runs down to the ring where he enters and eyes off with MVP before playing to the crowd on the turnbuckles, garnering some cheers.

King: He's definitely the underdog here, I wish him luck.

Match 4
Evan Bourne vs. Montel Vontavious Porter

As soon as the bell is rung, the obvious underdog in the match up tries to achieve a quick advantage via nailing some quick yet affective offense on the thug, MVP though it backfires as Montel Vontavious Porter cuts Evan Bourne's aspirations short with a massive knee to the face. The pace of the match after this is in the control of MVP by default as he is basically playing with Bourne, having his lifeless body in his possession and punishing him for a fictional offense. Porter strongly whips the younger Bourne to the ropes on his right before continuing on ahead to rebound off those ropes. Upon the rebounding of both men, MVP intersects Bourne with a big boot to the face, knocking him down to the canvas, seemingly unconscious. MVP stands the lifeless Bourne back up to his feet, relishing the fact that Bourne is 100% in his control. The man who has gained the reputation to be somewhat of a thug throws Bourne into the corner turnbuckles that would be located to the top right of your screen if you were witnessing this on a television screen.

Porter sits Evan 'Air' Bourne on the top turnbuckle with ease, due to the weight of him as well as his current state being beaten down and incapable of defending himself. Montel Vontavious Porter now locks the fan-favorite in a superplex position much to the crowd's dismay. As Porter lifts the light heavyweight up he faces a struggle as Bourne locks his foot under the top rope. Porter releases the hold before unleashing a right hand which a suddenly alight Bourne blocks with his left forearm. Evan 'Air' Bourne then stands on the second rope in order to line himself up with Porter and leap up onto his shoulders and turn him around with a lightning-fast hurracanrana that bring both competitors down to the canvas. As the referee begins the count, it looks as if the seemingly one-sided match up could be facing a turn of events. The count reaches 5 and both of the men who're in unbelievable contrast to each other; Bourne the fan-favorite, Porter quite the opposite. Bourne is the first up and runs to the ropes behind him when he first gets up in order to gain some momentum.

Bourne charges into Porter who greets him with a devastating boot to the face that knocks Bourne off his feet and down to the canvas. Porter picks up the lifeless body left in the center of the ring and bring him down with a Playmaker that ends it, 1...2...3

Winner - Montel Vontavious Porter via Pinfall

JR: My god, MVP made a statement with Evan Bourne here tonight!

King: Though we may not agree with his choice of direction and ways of going about things, he sure has cemented himself as a force to be reckoned with.

Backstage

John Cena is seen walking down the corridor, prepared for his match after the break, he's sporting his 'U C Me' trademark shirt along with his baseball cap and shorts. He sees Batista and Triple H chatting.

Batista: Good luck for after the break, John.

Cena: Thanks, Dave, stay out of trouble..

Vince McMahon suddenly appears on camera.

Vince: You three men are just the men I'm looking for! John, before you go out to your match, I want you to hear this. Next week, in the final RAW before Backlash, in the main event, it will be: John Cena, Batista and Triple H facing WWE Champion Randy Orton, Edge and CM Punk!

The crowd pop at the announcement of next week's main event which is most likely as star-studded as a RAW main event could be.

Commercial Break

JR: Ladies and gentleman, welcome back to Monday Night RAW and if you've just joined us before our main event, it has just been announced by Vince McMahon himself, that next week's main event will consist of John Cena, Batista and Triple H battling it out against the team of WWE Champion Randy Orton, Edge and CM Punk!

King: But don't let that take anything away from our main event we're about to witness!

'My Time is Now' blares out the speakers but is almost drowned out by the reception Mr. John Cena receives. The arguable face of World Wrestling Entertainment slides in the ring energetically, involving the crowd with his pumped-up taunts. The crowd, along with Cena are pumped up for the upcoming match.

JR: He's here! John Cena is here! Mark my words, King, this is going to be a classic! The fusion of styles..

'Ain't No Make Believe' hits to a mostly negative reaction as the obviously athletically gifted Morrison walks down the ramp regarded as somewhat of a dickhead by the fans; he doesn't care as he simply smiles cockily at them just to fire them up more.

King: He's made it pretty damn clear here tonight that it's all about ability in this business and not respect. I'd love to have a little private meeting with him to 'debate' that theory..

JR: Alright, settle down, King. Hopefully for you, Cena will put him in his place in this main event of the night.

Main Event
John Cena vs. John Morrison

The two athletes circle the ring, each man fiddling with some part of their attire or body in order to have themselves completely organized for the upcoming match. Morrison positions his long hair behind his shoulders as Cena fiddles with his 'U C Me' sweatbands. The two superstars lock-up in the center of the ring, moments go by and surprisingly, 'The Shaman of Sexy' holds his own against the former four-time WWE Champion. John Cena, quite obviously the stronger of the two as you would expect, gains control with the lock-up. He places 'The Monday Night Delight' in a headlock momentarily before using it as a take-down method in which he remains in control via landing on top of him in the headlock position. Morrison begins to fight back, right hands are delivered to the head of Cena as he continues to hold Morrison down. The cocky Morrison finally connects with that one punch that makes a real difference and inflicts enough damage for the fan-favorite of all WWE to release the hold. Cena gradually gets back up to his feet.

On Morrison's side of things he showcases his ability via nipping up and running to the ropes ahead of him. Upon the rebounding of 'The Monday Night Delight', he attempts a clothesline on the headliner in Cena though the clothesline is ducked and Morrison continues on towards the ropes where he rebounds off again and ducks a clothesline attempt from Cena and continues on again to the ropes where he rebounds off and connects with Cena, dropping him with a spinning heel kick. Once the less-experienced Morrison hits the canvas after nailing the dangerous maneuver he lunges on top of John Cena for the cover, 1...2, the pin attempt is unsuccessful. As Morrison stands back up, he guides the former four-time WWE Champion back up to his feet in order to try and take advantage of the time he has in which John Cena is not in control. Morrison whips him towards the top left corner if you were witnessing this battle on a television screen where 'The Shaman of Sexy' attempts to continue on his capitalization of Cena via charging into the momentarily groggy Cena.

Morrison's capitalization is short lived however; Cena connected with a boot to the oncoming jaw that completely changed the momentum and pace of the match up. As the ever-popular Cena begins to gain control of the match-up, as many would have expected to happen from the beginning of the match, he guides Morrison by his head towards the top right turnbuckle which Morrison's head meets numerous times before being turned around in the corner and whipped to the opposite corner. Morrison is whipped so strongly he bounces off the turnbuckles groggily and is victim to an oncoming Cena with a flying shoulder block that knocks him off his feet and down to the canvas. The surprisingly impressive Morrison staggers back up consequently groggy and dizzy and stumbles into John Cena who after measuring him, lifts him up for a spin-out powerbomb that he successfully performs. The crowd express their love for Cena as he lifts his hand up for his famous trademark 'You can't see me' taunt. Cena waves his hand in front of his face looking down at Morrison.

Cena runs to the ropes to his side before rebounding off towards the still fallen Morrison, sweeping the fictional dust off his shoulders and drives a fist drop down to.. THE CANVAS! as Morrison ROLLS OUT OF THE WAY! Cena nurses his fist as he sits on one knee and gradually gets back up slowly. Morrison rebounds off the ropes and just as Cena is back on two feet, Morrison connects with a step-up enzuigiri! Cena is visibly affected by the strong shot and dizzily staggers around the ring; almost falling over numerous times. Morrison approaches the ropes, still keeping an eye on Cena and once the physically dominant Cena is within range, Morrison NAILS HIM WITH A SPRINGBOARD FOREARM! Cena is laid out on the canvas and the opportunity is there for the taking in Morrison's eyes. He sees this as a chance to make a real name for himself with a win over none other than John Cena! 'The Monday Night Delight' with all his momentum behind him runs to the corner closest to Cena, the top right one and climbs to the top via the turnbuckles inside the ring.

With his back facing Cena, John Morrison wows the crowd with a CORKSCREW MOONSAULT THAT CONNECTS! Morrison stays in his landing position for the pin as he hooks the leg, 1...2... Cena kicks out! Morrison cannot believe his eyes as he looks on in shock. Morrison finds his feet and staggers over to the ropes on the right where he attempts to recharge. Cena is soon back up to his feet, the surprise package of the night, Morrison registers this and immediately charges towards the former WWE Champion and.. CENA SIDESTEPS THE ONCOMING MORRISON AND CATCHES HIM ON THE WAY PAST WITH A DROP-TOE-HOLD THAT HE TRANSITIONS INTO AN STFU! Cena has Morrison locked in the STFU though the ropes are not too far away due to Cena initially going to use them to rest on. Morrison manages to edge himself closer and closer towards the ropes and grabbing them before any major damage could be inflicted through the deadly submission maneuver perfected by John Cena.

Both exhausted superstars stumble back up to their feet. Morrison attempts a European uppercut but Cena steps back and Morrison nails it to air. As he swings with the momentum from the failed uppercut, Cena lifts him up from behind, attempting another spin-out powerbomb though, Morrison pushes off Cena in midair and lands on his feet, back facing Cena. He turns around into Cena who lifts him up for an F-U! Cena has him in position and throws him down to the canvas though, MORRISON COUNTERS BY LANDING ON HIS FEET! Morrison, back facing Cena again, performs a jumping reverse roundhouse kick that knocks Cena in the face. Morrison then kicks him in the gut before attempting a Moonlight Drive. Morrison jumps forward for his signature maneuver but as he flips forward, Cena counters it into a slamming reversal that brings Morrison down to the canvas on his back. Cena then quickly capitalizes on his position and LOCKS IN THE STFU! Morrison tries to fight the pain but in the end the inevitable happens and he taps out.

Winner - John Cena via Submission

JR: Oh my god, King, that is one of Monday Night RAW's modern classics.

King: Both of these men gave it their all.

JR: If only we could regard Morrison's attitude as highly as we do this match.

Cena stands over the fallen Morrison before exiting the ring, clapping his hands as RAW goes off the air.

BacklashPoster.png

Official WWE Backlash Card

WWE Championship
Randy Orton vs. John Cena vs. Triple H vs. Edge vs. Batista

Intercontinental Championship
Elijah Burke vs. CM Punk vs. Matt Hardy

Kofi Kingston vs. Evan Bourne

Street Fight
Monty Brown vs. Montel Vontavious Porter

seX-Power

Raw Review:

Well the opening promo will hopefully answer a few questions. After reading it, noticed it was well done but these questions still weren't really answered. This is good as it keeps the reader interested in the storyline, which I am. The situation with a possible fourth member and the 'S' tattoo is also very edgy and provides for great reading. Matt Hardy returning is also pretty cool and he provides a face dynamic to the IC title match which is needed. After the break, seeing Cosgrove attacked in his office adds more mystery to this very well done storyline.

Dolph Ziggler's interview gets his character over and I assume he's sort of a cocky tweener now. Lots of commercials here btw, just saying. You could pair Maria with Ziggler to have some extra character for him as valets can help elevate people.

Doane then returns to his corner to get the tag on the fellow loudmouth in the match, Mr. Kennedy. Kennedy acknowledges the downed Ziggler by pointing at him with both arms and putting his head on a slant as if to say, 'Come on, how can I refuse that?' he stomps away at Ziggler before retreating backwards to the corner turnbuckle on the top right if you were watching on television.

Well I like how you've inserted more selling and made your matches less robotic, sometimes you can go overboard on the descriptions and it can break the match up. Sure, writing move after move isn't great, but it's more fun to read than a detailed account of somebody's exact demeanour. Just a minor gripe really. There were some nices moves here and I liked the counter of the Kendrick. I liked the fact you put over Ken-Co's craftiness with the heelish ending, but I'm not sure if you intended for Kennedy to be the team's leader, because that's how it's coming across. The angle going on with Maria could be interesting and maybe she'll end up as a valet for Ken-Co or something.

The next match with Priceless/Cryme Tyme is pretty average, and I found that I couldn't really get into it because of how obvious the winner would be. Nothing wrong with it, but the jobbing of Cryme Tyme is a little sad. Kingston has a new epic look and music and this is a great character transformation. Shelton looked like a face here, and this storyline could turn him well. The match is alright but fell short of how great it could be irl, but you got Kofi over as a heel and possibly intendedly got Shelton somewhat over as a face. Whoa, Cryme Tyme come out to align with Kofi anf I did NOT see that coming! Awesome alliance you got here, and I'm liking the usage of stables.

Commercial Break

King: What the hell is going on here in the WWE? People are not as they seem. People are not aligned with who you'd come to expect.

JR: Things are indeed very strange around here, King. We just saw Cryme Tyme; two men who I'd never expect to help beat down a helpless superstar, well, do just that!

Commercial Break

>_>

Priceless backstage, and I think they're going to consult with Ziggler, who also has beef with Ken-Co. We then have a typical and somewhat generic (though I understand why) face promo from Jericho so I guess there'll be no heel turn. Morrison's interruption gets him some nice lines and I'd like these two to feud or even become heel allies in a mentoring sort of thing. McMahon coming out to make the Main Event is great booking as it will give JoMo~! even more of a rub and elevate him up the card. Priceless being attacked leads me to believe that when they went into the room they saw the alliance thing that was going on. Again, great storyline.

The MVP/Bourne match is pretty much a squash and I understand MVP needed to get his heat back though an ending including Kofi would have worked well and not completely buried Bourne going into a PPV match. Kofi/MVP/Cryme Tyme would be an awesome stable tbh. Cool match made for next week backstage, that's all really. I'm not sure about the chemistry Morrison and Cena would have, but this Main Event makes me think it was a great match. I like how you stepped it up for the ME and how you emphasized certain parts of the text to add drama. I like the FU counter with Morrison's athleticism and how he held his own, but I don't like how Cena kicked out of the Starship Pain. Nevertheless this was a very good TV match.

Overall, good to great show. No major bad points except maybe you could include more promos or make the ones you have a little bit longer. I enjoyed reading, and the storylines (especially the main one) are very captivating.

-TJ-

Stylish Raw Review:

The first promo really says about the ego of the StraightEdged Rated RKO. And it makes them know that ummmmmm there might be a forth member? It was very well done and a good opening promo. The tag match was ok and it put the new team of Ken-Co over. Along with that Dolph's promo was kinda funny. Priceless vs. Cryme Tyme was a jobber match, which is sad for Cryme Tyme, but you used them for a staple with the new gangsta Kingston. Which that heel might be done well and i think you made Benjamin a face too. JR and King have two sentences to say about Cryme tyme and we go into another commercial break. >.> The Jericho/Morrison promo started a nice feud in my mind and made a good match for the main event. Rhodes and DiBiase getting attacked adds some more mystery. MVP vs. Bourne gave bourne some good offense and put MVP over. The accouncement from Vince makes a WTFBBQ main event for next week. And the main event was extremely done. You gave Morrison so much offense i can see him in a push for the WWE title in the near future depending on who wins at Backlash.

Overall this show was extremely solid and helped build the storylines.

CT Styles

Official Monday Night RAW Preview
Live Mondays 9/8 CT on the USA Network

This edition of Monday Night RAW comes to you LIVE from the Ford Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma!

As all of us who tuned into Monday Night RAW would know, Mr. McMahon announced this week's main event; one of the biggest in recent memory. The teams consisting of John Cena, Batista and Triple H and WWE Champion Randy Orton, Edge and CM Punk collide in the ring showcasing some of RAW's biggest talent. There's sure to be no doubt Mr. McMahon will be firing up the team of John Cena, Batista and Triple H to physically punish their opposition after they were responsible for the vicious bashing of Edge's brother Christian. All six men will be competing in a championship match on Sunday at Backlash with five of the men competing in the WWE Championship main event; there's sure to be intentions for weakening the opposition before the massive match this Sunday. Will Orton's team re-enact what they did to Christian in order to somehow gain an advantage for the match on Sunday? Will everyone respect the fact they're a team?

After witnessing his picked partner, The Brian Kendrick lose their tag match through a roll-up predicament a man by the name Mr. Kennedy would be responsible for, Dolph Ziggler has been booked to face the fellow loudmouth, none other than Mr. Kennedy in singles action this edition of Monday Night RAW. Ziggler has his shot at Kennedy this Monday but has also made it rather clear he has something or someone else on his mind, Maria. Ziggler has made no secret of his desire to make her his, although she has made it no secret it's her desire to have nothing to do with him. Will Ziggler somehow win over Maria possibly with a win over Mr. Kennedy?

After an exceptional performance against John Cena last week, John Morrison will as well as be facing Monty Brown in a sure to be explosive match, but he will also be appearing on Chris Jericho's returning Highlight Reel. Both superstars; known for their cockiness and egotistical way will have their chance to unleash both egos on the other in the ring. Jericho will no doubt fire up Morrison although; could that be a good thing? Morrison will have the opportunity later on in the night to release the possible rage on Monty Brown, as he'll surely need it to be bring down 'The Alpha Male'.

In tag-team action, the team of Cryme Tyme, whom have seemingly aligned themselves with Kofi Kingston will try to take out Shelton Benjamin again though this time; Benjamin has a teammate in Evan Bourne who may be able to help and seek vengeance on Cryme Tyme. Kingston will be managing them at ringside and has made it known he wants Evan Bourne destroyed before their match at Backlash. Judging by the way things panned out last week, he may very well get what he wants with the help of JTG and Shad.

The mysterious assaults backstage have sparked a decision to be made by Linda McMahon who has ordered numerous security services to be present at all times in the arena; backstage, in the crowd, outside locker rooms, everywhere. Linda has claimed that this has to come to an end and she'll be responsible for ending it. Adding to this mystery, Vince McMahon has always responded with, 'No Comment.' when asked about the assaults that have taken place recently. Last week proved shocking with the General Manager of Monday Night RAW Charlie Cosgrove being viciously attacked in his office along with the attacks on Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase. One has to wonder when the perpetrator or perpetrators will be revealed and their reason behind these vicious assaults. One also has to wonder why McMahon has kept his silence, could he have something to do with it? Surely not.

Confirmed Card
In what could be dubbed 'Battle of the Bigmouths' Dolph Ziggler and Mr. Kennedy battle it out in the ring on Monday Night RAW!
Chris Jericho hosts his 'Highlight Reel' with special guest, John Morrison!
On the topic of John Morrison, he will attempt to take out Monty Brown in a first-time match between the two!
After the disgusting turn of events last week, Cryme Tyme will attempt to reestablish their sudden change of character and assault the team of Shelton Benjamin and Evan Bourne and hope that it leads to a victory!
One of the biggest main events in recent history will close tonight's show with John Cena, Batista and Triple H attempting to soften up their opposition for tonight as well as Sunday; WWE Champion Randy Orton, Edge and CM Punk!
Make sure to tune into Monday Night RAW to see what else pans out!

Pro-Wrestling News, Rumors and Spoilers

The current angle running with the attacks along with the symbol is expected to be a massive angle involving many superstars, possibly past as well as present. A lot of research has been done by WWE Head Booker Charlie Cosgrove in order to make this angle happen. When the angle is expected to really evolve and we garner more knowledge of it. Cosgrove wants it to be kept top secret as he really wants the full shock factor. The way viewers are receiving the angle as well as the way they are perceiving it is said to be almost exactly how Cosgrove wanted it as no one has seemingly added up what the events lead to or from and the reason behind them.

Cosgrove is very high on the heel turn of Kofi Kingston as well as Cryme Tyme. He has been toying with the idea in his head for a long time and loves the idea for the gimmick. Expect Kingston to stay heel for a while.

More things Cosgrove is high on is the edginess of the current product. He is trying to develop more personal feuds and emotional themes so that superstars can express their disgust and negative feelings with the occasional curse word and violent assaults with blood.

John Morrison is in line for a push.

seX-Power

In what could be dubbed 'Battle of the Bigmouths' Dolph Ziggler and Mr. Kennedy battle it out in the ring on Monday Night RAW!

Well to fit with two different storylines I see Ziggler losing. This furthers his thang with him trying to unsuccessfully impress Maria and also makes him angrier at Ken-Co which hopefully would lead to a snapping.

Chris Jericho hosts his 'Highlight Reel' with special guest, John Morrison!

Should be good, and I'm expecting to have the match made for Backlash here.

On the topic of John Morrison, he will attempt to take out Monty Brown in a first-time match between the two!

Well I think both of these men need the win here but for the sake of current storylines I think Morrison could cheat to win. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Brown was the next person to be taken out by the mysterious faction in the BTB.

After the disgusting turn of events last week, Cryme Tyme will attempt to reestablish their sudden change of character and assault the team of Shelton Benjamin and Evan Bourne and hope that it leads to a victory!

Good move turning Shelton face in a sort of double standard with Kofi turning heel. I see Cryme picking up the win after some Kofi interference, but then again Evan needs some momentum going into Backlash.

One of the biggest main events in recent history will close tonight's show with John Cena, Batista and Triple H attempting to soften up their opposition for tonight as well as Sunday; WWE Champion Randy Orton, Edge and CM Punk!

Well hopefully the climax of or the lead up to this main event will tell us some more about whatever the fuck is going on in the BTB but I think you'll keep the readers in mystery. I predict the faces to win after some chaos but for the heels to gain momentum quickly afterwards through cheating (DQ loss maybe) in the form of beating the fuck out of Cena, HHH and Tista.

Make sure to tune into Monday Night RAW to see what else pans out!

I'll read and review and it looks great. The main storyline is especially intriguing.

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
Raw 4/13/09 Review

Opening promo- I am damn excited to find out what these dudes are talking about. You may have created the greatest heel faction ever. I don't know why, but the Hardy anouncement would have been really disapointing if I was there live. Everyone was in character here and it flowed perfectly.

Cosgrove attack- Interesting. Here's my guess. Superman decided to get into wrestling and try out things as a heel. If that's what happened, I totally called it.

Ziggler promo- Short, but sweet. There's something about Ziggler gimmick that I really like.

Tag Match- First off; Ken-Co is an amazing name. The match wasn't too bad itself. Conidering who was in the match, it felt kinda slow paced. It got a bit long near the end, but besides that I enjoyed it.

Ziggler/Maria promo- Poor Ziggler... nobody likes him, but him. It looks like you're going to be pusing him to the breaking point in this story.

Cryme Tyme vs. Priceless- Any match that Cryme Tyme loses is a good match.

Kofi promo- The heel turn is interesting. Why is it that when people turn heel they start to wear suits?

Benjamin vs. Kofi- A great match. I wasn't even bothered by the DQ finish because it furthered Kofi's heel character. The turn by Cryme Tyme was completly unexpected, didn't expect that at all.

Morrison/Jericho promo- Fantastic promo, but the end didn't make sense to me. Why would Cena face Morrison and not Jericho? Just felt weird to me.

Attack 2- I'm telling you, it's Superman. Or maybe Sandman. How about Sting? I figured it out, Sting's bringing the Main Event Mafia to the WWE.

MVP vs. Bourne- This was really just a glorified squash. I think it would have been better just to put some random jobber in Bournes position.

Batista/Cena one liners- All right, that was just odd. Does Batista usually get into trouble in the back? The main point of the promo: theat match next week sounds pretty good.

Main Event- Great match, best of the night for sure. I will say though that this just felt like a throw away match. Also THE WORDS IN CAPS got annoying.

Final Thoughts- A good show, not your best, but nonetheless a good show. There were a couple of booking decisions that you made that left me scratching my head. Your booking is usually good so I'm just going to assume that they'll pay off in the end.

Final Score- 7.5/10

CT Styles

Monday Night RAW
Ford Center | Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
April 20, 2009

A Conclusion Found?
Monday Night RAW opens with the signature pyrotechnics exploding off the stage, much like the exploding noise coming out of each and every audience members' mouths. The famous and beloved commentary team of Jim Ross and Jerry 'The King' Lawler begin to greets us with JR kicking things off, 'Ladies and Gentleman, welcome to the Ford Center here in Oklahoma City and by god, we're not that far away from my Family Bar-B-Q Restaurant where there's plenty of Bar-B-Q sauce! Back on track though, we're here in Oklahoma City for one reason and that's Monday Night RAW'. As the excitement of being in Oklahoma proves to be too much for the native in JR, he has to pause due to the temptation of continuing on about his Family Bar-B-Q Restaurant. King then continues with, 'You're damn right, JR! We're here in Oklahoma City inside the Ford Center and it's the last RAW before Backlash! This can only mean one thing, we're in for a hell of a show that will surely set the pace for Sunday!'

With King already showing his excitement for this Sunday and JR also showing excitement though for the wrong thing, an Oklahoma Bar-B-Q we're already seeing the level of excitement this show is beginning with. JR is ready to join in again as he begins to run down what's in-store for tonight, 'Even last week I was excited for this show, King. With Vince McMahon announcing the main event which consists of John Cena, 'The Rated R Superstar' Edge, WWE Champion Randy Orton, Batista, Triple H and CM Punk. Although, one can't forget what else we've been witnessing on Monday Night RAW.'

The thoughts ensued from JR's comments force King into agreement as he adds to the discussion, 'Of course we can't forget, JR. Some of the things that we've witnessed have been sickening, we even have our own General Manager out due to one of the attacks. There are so many questions unanswered like, 'Who is behind this?', 'Why are they doing it?', 'What does the symbol stand for or mean?' and quite possibly the most important question, 'When will we find out the answers?' that question is what I want an answer to and judging by what I've heard, Linda McMahon wants the answer too.'

JR nods in agreement before claiming, 'That's the impression I'm getting too, King and with her hiring an enormous amount of security tonight, one must assume it is of course, for security but also to possibly find the culprit or culprits.'

King, showing he agrees, 'I'd say so too, JR but for now, it's still a mystery..' King is interrupted by Mr. Kennedy's familiar theme song as the loudmouth appears at the top of the ramp accompanied by his tag-team partner, Ken Doane.

'They've made their intentions known concerning the WWE Tag Team Championships and they've made those intentions known in quite a successful style with two big victories in the last two weeks.' King reminds JR of last week, 'The most recent victory is also the reason this match was made, JR. Last week, Kennedy exhibited an obscene gesture to Dolph Ziggler before rolling up his tag-team partner.' The team of Kennedy and Doane enter the ring to a rather popular reception as they await their opponents in their signature cocky fashion.

'King, we're awaiting Mr. Kennedy's opponent tonight, Dolph Ziggler..' JR is interrupted by Dolph Ziggler's theme music as it hits to boos which is probably what the cocky character wants. His slick blond hair which most likely annoys majority of the audience is in tip-top condition as he always makes it. He walks down to the ring with 'that smile' he is always sporting. 'JR, I've got to be honest, if there's one thing I've wanted to do for a long time, it's wipe that stupid smile off Dolph Ziggler's face.' JR has a chuckle over his partner, Jerry 'The King' Lawler's comments. 'Well King, perhaps Mr. Kennedy will wipe the smile off for you in their match which is about to take place.' JR adds, still seeing the funny side of King's comments.

Chapter One: Redemption and a Date?
Match 1
Mr. Kennedy w/Ken Doane vs. Dolph Ziggler

The opening contest for this edition of Monday Night RAW is underway and it's between two of the biggest mouths in the whole of World Wrestling Entertainment, Mr. Kennedy and Dolph Ziggler. As the two approach each other in the ring, Ziggler struts over with a big smile on his face, the crowd booing as they can see what's coming; the hand goes out and, 'Hi, Dolph Zig..' Ziggler is cut off as Kennedy drives a right hand to the side of Ziggler's face that truly shocks him. He checks his cheek for blood before charging furiously at Kennedy unluckily as one half of Ken-Co forces him to crash down to the canvas with a drop-toe-hold. Ziggler's slick blond hairdo is ruined due to the maneuver as he gets back up to his feet rather quickly, visibly frustrated. The loudmouth charges at Kennedy with a clothesline but is unsuccessful as the star of the latestBehind Enemy Lines ducks the strong maneuver and turns around to where Ziggler rebounds and catches him with a back body drop, forcing Ziggler's back to slam back on the canvas, much to the joy of the crowd.

Kennedy runs to the ropes and rebounds off with a leg drop to the throat of Ziggler before repositioning to hook the leg, 1...2 in which he is unsuccessful. As Dolph Ziggler; the man seemingly vowing to himself that he will capture Maria Kanellis' heart, gets to one knee before getting back on two feet. Ziggler blatantly delivers a vicious clothesline on Kennedy after blocking a forearm attempt. He performs a standing leg drop on the fellow big-mouthed superstar and then positions himself on top of Kennedy in a Lou Thesz Press-like way and delivers very hard right hands to the face of Kennedy while holding his head in position with his left hand. Once the referee finally gets a strong hold of Ziggler and restrains him, the charismatic though albeit annoying at the same time Ziggler stands back, awaiting Kennedy to get to his knees. Once Kennedy is at that point, Ziggler charges forward with a big boot that knocks Kennedy back down to the canvas on his back. The now happy Ziggler covers Kennedy, 1...2.. Kennedy kicks out, much to the dismay of Dolph Ziggler.

Ziggler is happy with the fact he's captured the momentum and shows it in that cocky smirk that he has almost tattooed to his face, as it almost never leaves. Kennedy struggles back up to his feet and stumbles over towards the ropes but before he can reach there, Ziggler comes from behind and leaps up behind him for a Jumping Russian Leg-Sweep though Kennedy realizes quick and leans forward to hold onto the ropes. Ziggler lands on his feet groggily after the mishap involved with the attempted finisher. Kennedy quickly turns around and catches Ziggler off-guard with a Mic Check. Kennedy hooks the leg confidently, wrapping his other leg around Ziggler's unhooked one, 1...2...3

Winner - Mr. Kennedy via Pinfall

'Mr. Kennedy pulls out the victory and by god, Dolph Ziggler's not going to be happy about this. He's shown he's a man who has trouble keeping his frustrations inside and has the urge to unleash them on something. Let's hope it's not Maria Kanellis!' JR stops commentating in order for King to continue on as Ziggler makes his way up, nursing his jaw due to the Mic Check from Mr. Kennedy. 'JR, he's not going to cope with this very well.' Ziggler is visibly infuriated by what's happened as he's left in the ring by himself as King adds, 'And King, this is great momentum for Mr. Kennedy and Ken Doane as we have just received word that the rumors we've been hearing are true! There will be a WWE World Tag Team Championship Open Invitational Match at Backlash! Any tag team can enter! With the way the current champions DiBiase and Rhodes were attacked last week, they're chances of retaining are pretty slim!'

Commercial Break

Chapter Two: Backing Words Up
We return from the commercial break with the famous 'Highlight Reel' setup in the ring. There's carpet covering the canvas with the 'Jeritron 3000' hanging up.

'Ladies and Gentleman, welcome back to Monday Night RAW. As you can see in the ring, there's only ever one reason those parts of equipment is set up in the ring and we all know why, Chris Jericho's Highlight Reel!'JR stops as the countdown begins..

In the Ring | Chris Jericho's Highlight Reel
5...4...3...2...1...0...'Break Down the Walls' is heard throughout the arena but is arguably drowned out with cheers by some of Jericho's die-hard fans. King continues to discuss the upcoming Highlight Reel segment, 'And as we all knew, the announced guest is none other than John Morrison! Now, these two superstars are capable of amazing things in the ring and they've garnered a reputation for it throughout their careers, Morrison's obviously being shorter, shows how well he goes in the ring if he's already got that reputation.' as King concludes his remarks, Y2J enters the ring sporting jeans, obviously expensive shoes and a button-up shirt. He stands in the center of his personalized segment's setup and paces around, thinking of what he has to say.

'Ladies and Gentleman, boys and girls and my favorite, Jerich-O-Holics, I welcome you to the latest edition of my own Highlight Reel! As per usual, I will entertain you, excite you, delight you, amaze you and any other word that comes to mind that boost The Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla's ego.' Jericho chuckles to himself after that remark before continuing, 'This edition is rather simple and the reason for that: John Morrison. Since it's a simple edition let's keep it simple, John, come on down!' Jericho signals for The Shaman of Sexy John Morrison to come down by showing numerous gestures.

King begins to make remarks concerning Morrison, 'JR, I'm almost hoping this breaks out into a brawl because these two facing each other is something I'd kill to see!' JR is hesitant in agreeing as he's not one for inessential violence not under the banner of a match, though he adds to King's comments, 'As much as I admit these two would put on a great match, I'd like to keep it at just that, a match. There's no need for things to get out of control.' Just as the Hall of Famer Jim Ross finishes, Ain't No Make Believe is heard throughout the speakers, signaling that John Morrison has answered Chris Jericho's call. The visibly confident Morrison appears at the top of the ramp dressed in jeans and a t-shirt, though they are rather dear looking considering he's going for the rock-star look. He walks down the ramp with a cocky smirk on his face and gradually enters the ring with interior Highlight Reel furniture.

Jericho has a smirk on his face, by reading his facial expression you can tell that what he has to say is going to be in a 'tongue in cheek' sort of way. Jericho continues looking at Morrison with that smile as he breaks the silence, 'John Morrison, I welcome you, I welcome you to my Highlight Reel. The one and only John Morrison has joined me. So John, let's kick this off now. You have a match later on in the night against The Alpha Male Monty Brown, how do you feel about that and how will you prepare for it?' Morrison is suspicious at the question and it appears King feels the same way, 'Why is Jericho so.. well, civilized? I expected this to be pretty damn heated.' Morrison moves the microphone up to his mouth, still confused, 'Well Chris, I'll be preparing the same way I do with all matches and that's not much, I mean, I'm pretty close to perfection; that's being modest.' Morrison confidently answers. Jericho's smirk turns into an expression of anger, 'Alright, Morrison, here's another question and it's concerning something you're not fully aware of; how will you prepare yourself for this Sunday when you face ME. The crowd cheers at that massive announcement coming from Jericho as King and JR express their excitement, 'It's going to happen, it's now official! Jericho, Morrison, Backlash, it's on!' yells JR. 'That's right, John, this Sunday it will be you versus me. Man on man, mano-a-mano and to be honest with you, I'm excited. I can't wait to kick some damn respect into you. You walk around like you're god's gift to World Wrestling Entertainment as well as earth.' 'Excuse me?' interrupts Morrison expressing his disgust towards the treatment he's received from Jericho as if he's deserving of respect despite Jericho obviously achieving more than the self-proclaimed Monday Night Delight. Jericho is frustrated at the ignorance of Morrison, 'What in the hell do you mean 'excuse me?' Jericho moves forward to awards Morrison and is more aggressive than he has been throughout the whole segment; faces now pressing against each other with Y2J's teeth gritting in anger, 'You want respect? You gotta earn i..' Morrison interrupts 'AND WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU HAVE RESPECT, CHRIS?' Jericho's been pushed over the limit and barely contains his imprisoned rage, 'I've earned mine. That's why. You wanna go on a trip down memory lane? First Undisputed Champion: Me, former World Heavyweight Champion: Me. Should I go on?' Morrison grows a smirk on his face, 'You know what, Jericho? I can't wait for this Sunday because I'll be able to earn this respect quicker than expected by kicking your ass! That comment does it for Jericho who pushes Morrison into the ropes and prepares for him to rebound off but Morrison slides under the ropes drawing massive amounts of heat as Jericho looks on in the ring ready to knock Morrison out.

'Morrison better prepare damn well for this Sunday because Jericho's already wanting to destroy him, imagine how he'll be when they meet in the ring and he's aloud to hit him!' JR nods in agreement before adding, 'King, I have a feeling this will be a fantastic match with the already heated words here, the mixture of fury, disrespect and ability it's a recipe for a damn good match and I, myself am looking forward to it.' King agrees, 'Another great thing to add is the fact that none of the security patrolling the building has had any issues yet, meaning that it could be working and this S thing may be over!' JR's hesitant in accepting that, 'King, you can't jump to conclusions that quick, this person or persons know what he or they're doing.'

Commercial Break

Chapter Three: That Much Sought Thing, Momentum
We are welcomed back to Monday Night RAW by Jim Ross, 'And we welcome you back to Monday Night RAW here live in Oklahoma City..' King interrupts, ''And before we get into the barbecue sauce, I'll continue.' As King begins to speak, he's interrupted by Bringin' the Hood T U which is usually heard to such massive amounts of cheers though due to their actions last week and the never expected turn, they're booed religiously. They come out performing their usual dance moves but this time it's as if it has a newer element to it which just wants the crowd to express their distaste more; the smiles on the faces of the two men is perhaps the reason.

King documents their reception, 'For I think, the first time, Cryme Tyme are getting booed!' JR interrupts, ''And so they should be!' Just after JR speaks, Kofi Kingston is seen walking down the ramp in his new attire, a black suit with a black shirt underneath with a few top buttons undone along with sunglasses. 'Speaking of hatred..' remarks JR as Axeman hits to cheers once the fan-favorite in Evan Bourne energetically appears at the top of the ramp; jumping and running around he eventually focuses on getting in the ring where he slides in just as Ain't No Stoppin' Me! is heard to a decent pop as the athletically-gifted and former amateur superstar in Shelton Benjamin paces down to the ring to join his partner.

JR acknowledges what went down last week, 'This will be personal.'

Match 2
Evan Bourne and Shelton Benjamin vs. Cryme Tyme w/Kofi Kingston

As the two teams no doubt have animosity; Shelton Benjamin and both members of Cryme Tyme especially, they decide who shall start off. Bourne is selected to start off as he stays in the ring and garners cheers from the audience as he fires them up with claps in which they clap along in sync to. JTG approaches Bourne and the match begins. JTG has a cocky smirk etched on his face as the two go to lock up in the center of the ring although, Bourne starts the match up with what you could call the 'first laugh' rather than the last as he exposes JTG's lack of concentration when he drives him down with a drop-toe-hold before stamping on him with both feet driving into his spine. The quick Bourne bounces off and continues on to the ropes opposite him which he bounces off and delivers a baseball slide to the face-down JTG which knocks him out of the ring and down to the ringside floor. The crowd cheer as JTG hits the ground, enjoying his pain much like the sadistic trio of Kofi Kingston JTG and Shad enjoyed Benjamin's pain last week.

The crowd's appreciation and joy is doubled when they see an airborne Evan Bourne leap over the ropes with a suicide dive that takes out Shad and JTG, the cheers transition into boos rather quickly though as Kofi Kingston interferes, he throws his jacket away along with his glasses and gets into Bourne, driving vicious fist into his back as he recovers, the transitioning of crowd reactions continues as it is now cheers when Shelton Benjamin runs along the barricade and takes Kingston out with a leaping clothesline before laying into him when he hits the floor, sitting over him delivering savage right hands to his face. While the outbreak of attacks continues, JTG tries to quietly sneak into the ring; he does so successfully. JTG leans over the top rope facing the carnage on the outside though with his head down, recovering from the major shots he took on the outside. Bourne wows the crowd more as he jumps onto the barricade, leaps over athletically to the ring apron right in front of JTG and drives his head lower than it was, fircing him to choke and bounce off the top rope groggily.

JTG turns around, stumbling into numerous directions and areas of the ring before eventually facing Bourne again who pulls himself up to the top rope, springboards off and connects with a hurracanrana that takes JTG down to the canvas on his back. The outside is still riddled with violence as Bourne lifts himself up to the top rope and perfects a shooting star press that he finishes off with a hook of the leg, 1...2...3

Winners - Evan Bourne and Shelton Benjamin via Pinfall

'Neither man got a tag!' exclaims JR as he looks on to what could potentially unravel in which King notifies us, 'But they could still be coming in the ring, JR.' as King finishes speaking, Shad and Kofi Kingston enter the ring and go after Evan Bourne who pulls himself off JTG. Shad drops the exhausted Burke with a big boot; the impact knocking Bourne to the turnbuckles where Shad throws him out into Kingston who knocks him unconscious with a devastating Trouble in Paradise. 'Oh good lord, what a shot! What a devastating kick! Evan Bourne's out for the count!' JR yells in disgust towards the actions of Kingston and co.

Commercial Break

Chapter Four: Is it Really Working?
Backstage | The Hallway

Dolph Ziggler walks down the hallway with his signature smirk on his face as he 'accidentally' runs into Maria Kanellis, Monday Night RAW's interviewer. He approaches her with confidence like he does with everything, 'Hey baby, how you going?' he says with a smile on his face, one unfortunately Maria cannot emulate as she keeps it simple, 'Look Dolph, can you please not call me that and leave me alone. I honestly have no interest in you and the amount of attention you're giving me and the way you do it makes me feel uncomfortable.' that explanation does not go over well with Ziggler who grabs Maria tightly by the arm and brings his face close to hers with a newly found emotion he's portraying, anger, 'I don't think you know who you're talking to..' Maria interrupts, freaking out, 'LEAVE ME ALONE! I HAVE A BOYFRIEND!' Ziggler is actually sickly enthralled by this, 'Who is he?' he questions with a rather sick attitude. Maria's visibly uncomfortable, 'Let go of me, or you'll be dealing with him!' Ziggler smiles, 'Maybe I want to..' Maria manages to free her arm from the eager clutch of Dolph Ziggler, 'You can meet him next week then!' Maria storms off as Ziggler looks on.

Commercial Break

A video package airs highlighting the vicious and unforgiving steel cage match between Jeff Hardy and Kane at Wrestlemania 25 and we are left with a Jeff Hardy graphic which the crowd pops massively for..

JeffHardy-Soon.png

JR acknowledges the graphic as well as his apparent now close relationship with King, 'Now King, I understand you've been working closely with Jeff Hardy on his journey to returning to the ring, is this true?' King replies positively, 'Yes JR, it is true and it's something I've really enjoyed. Jeff told me that he sees me as an idol in this business and sought advice from me and it gradually evolved into a close working relationship in which I help him train a few times in a week.' Just as King concludes his answer, Ain't No Make Believe is heard throughout the arena to boos as the self-proclaimed Monday Night Delight John Morrison makes his entrance with his usual cocky aura, 'The man who better watch his back until Sunday, he is not in the good books with Chris Jericho. At all.' claims King while watching Morrison enter the ring on the monitor in front of him. JR looks on at the monitor also, before he joins in for his commentary, 'Jericho or no Jericho, tonight he has to deal with one hell of a challenge, Monty Brown.' Alpha Male hits just as JR finishes that sentence and he continues to discuss the upcoming match as Monty Brown approaches the ring with Morrison awaiting him inside, Morrison's looking rather confident and if you put me in that ring, I certainly wouldn't be feeling confident at all. This is Monty Brown.

Match 3
Monty Brown vs. John Morrison

Monty Brown's intensity is all you can read from his body as he stands on the opposite side of the ring to Morrison who expresses a more relaxed, confident attitude. Something you wouldn't really expect standing opposite The Alpha Male in a WWE ring. The two begin to move around counter-clockwise, still facing each other as they move in to the center of the ring. Brown's arms move forward rapidly, trying to grapple Morrison although the obviously athletically superior Morrison ducks the massive arms belonging to Monty Brown and continues on to the ropes behind his opponent where he rebounds and performs a leaping clothesline that surprisingly knocks down The Alpha Male. The two competitors both return to their feet and Morrison swings a right hand heading for the face of Brown though he ducks and charges forward, bringing Morrison down with a spear-like take-down, where he vigorously delivers right hands to the cherished face of Morrison. The Monday Night Delight goes to great lengths to protect his facial features which he loves just so damn much.

The referee instructs Brown to get off Morrison and release him from his offense and he abides by that. Morrison pulls himself back up to his feet, frustrated with that bit of offense Monty Brown sneaked in. Morrison approaches Brown immediately and ducks a strong looking right hand from The Alpha Male and then replies with a devastating reverse roundhouse though, Brown ducks that too and once Morrison turns around, Brown drops him to the canvas with a massive right hand. The strength behind the punch forces Morrison to roll backwards onto his stomach after falling backwards. Brown seizes the hair of Morrison, using it to stand him back up. The affects of that right hand still in action as The Shaman of Sexy is directed to the ropes before being whipped to the opposite set. Morrison rebounds off and is taken out with a massive clothesline that turns him inside-out. Brown drops down to his knees and covers Morrison, 1...2, Morrison kicks out. Brown is fired up in the match-up now and shares that with the crowd.

Monty Brown seizes the hair of Morrison to aid him in standing the cocky Morrison up vertically. The Alpha Male then whips Morrison to the ropes strongly and sets himself up for a back body drop, bending forward. Morrison rebounds off the ropes and leapfrogs over Brown before continuing on towards the ropes, jumping and springboarding off with an enzuigiri, wowing the crowd as both men are left down on the canvas after the maneuver. Morrison gradually crawls over, perspiring due to exhaustion and manages to throw an arm over the massive monster that is Monty Brown, 1...2, Brown kicks out, leaving Morrison in shock this triggers Morrison to get back up to his feet and approach the corner turnbuckles with one thing on his mind and it's pretty damn obvious, or is it? Morrison climbs the turnbuckles, sitting himself up there with his back facing Brown. As Monty Brown recovers and pulls himself back up, he turns around to approach Morrison who performs an amazing moonsault that Brown caches! Brown catches Morrison in midair with him in position for a powerslam.

Brown charges forward powerfully, searching for a powerslam though Morrison wriggles out of it and drops behind Brown who turns around and almost cops a reverse roundhouse though he ducks. Morrison turns around to face Brown again albeit groggy and The Alpha Male takes full advantage of that, lifting him up horizontally before throwing him onto his shoulder for an Alpha Bomb although, Morrison tries to counter with a hurracanrana but Brown's strength is too much as Morrison ends up hanging upside-down from Brown's shoulders. The Alpha Male then lifts Morrison's shoulders back up so he's in a sitting position again and drives him down viciously with an Alpha Bomb! Morrison's out as Brown hooks the leg, 1...2...3

Winner - Monty Brown via Pinfall

'Monty Brown picks up the win with that devastating Alpha Bomb! I'm surprised John Morrison isn't cut in half!' King acknowledges the talent of both men, expressing the fact he was very impressed, 'These two have shown that they very well could be the future of WWE. I'm very impressed!' JR was about to share his opinions on the two but that's violently interrupted when his face suddenly transitions from relaxed to in shock as he puts his hand on his headset listening, 'Okay, okay, oh my god.' He then proceeds to look up at the camera, 'Ladies and gentleman, it appears that the security surrounding and patrolling the inside of the building, they've all been attacked violently. This is no single man's job. There has to be more than one person and they're in the arena..' Both men are frozen as that really sinks in..

Commercial Break

Backstage | Hallway
Batista is seen walking up the hallway with his bag, he's dressed in casual clothes with his sunglasses on as he enters the locker-room with Triple H and John Cena in it, preparing for their match.

Chapter Five: Secrecy Slowly Revealed?
Ringside | Commentary
JR and King express their excitement towards the main event, 'With the main event coming up, King, there's no way you can't be excited. Although, I must say, I'm rather worried.' JR expresses as King also makes it known, he too is rather worried, 'You can't ignore the fact that the massive amount of security guards Linda McMahon hired were overpowered. It's something that amazes me, shocks me but more importantly, worries me because it shows what this S thing is capable of.' As King finishes, The Game is heard throughout the arena as The Game Triple H is seen at the top of the ramp sporting his signature water bottle.

'The Game's here, King and I can guarantee he's not fearing this S thing. It takes a lot more than that to faze The King of Kings.' King agrees, viewing the entrance of Triple H, 'He's where he reigns supreme, in the ring. They don't call him The King of Kings for nothing, JR.' My Time is Now is drowned out by cheers as none other than John Cena runs to the top of the ramp as energetic as always, sharing his excitement with the audience.

'The former WWE Champion is here! John Cena, one of the biggest faces of the WWE in recent years. With the WWE Championship Match this Sunday, all these men will be looking to weaken their opponents as best they can.' JR shares as King joins, ' It's one of the oldest traditions in the book; weakening your opponents whenever you can before a match. You just do it.' I Walk Alone chimes in with a massive cheering reaction coming from the audience as The Animal runs out to his usual deafening reception as he performs his signature theatrics going with his entrance.

'The Animal's here, King! This is going to be a hell of a match, I can feel it!' JR excitedly yells. King agrees, expressing his excitement, 'The atmosphere's already amazing, JR. This really is one of the biggest main events in recent history!' Voices is heard blaring through the speakers as that ever so recognizable tune goes through the ears of the religiously booing fans as the WWE Champion struts to the top of the ramp with his cherished WWE Championship draped over his shoulder, showing it off like only Randy Orton would. He stays at the top however, awaiting his partners. Metalingus, the also hated tune plays and The Rated R Superstar and seemingly another member of this 'alliance' formed with Orton and CM Punk walks out, joining Orton at the top. Finally, This Fire Burns interrupts the momentary silence as CM Punk walks out, hungry for competition. All three men sprint down to the ring.

'King, I think business is about to pick up!' JR exclaims.

Main Event
Triple H, John Cena and Batista vs. WWE Champion Randy Orton, Edge and CM Punk

All three men; Orton, Edge and Punk slide into the ring and already anarchy as all six men are trading blows. The WWE Champion, the viper, Randy Orton exchanges right hands with his Wrestlemania 25 opponent, John Cena as CM Punk and Triple H as well as Edge and Batista do the same. The referee fails to keep things under control and the trading of blows gradually comes to a close as Cena guides Orton over to the turnbuckles and smacks his head over the top one before turning him around and unloading some more right hands to the face before strongly whipping him to the opposite corner and sprinting after him to unleash a massive clothesline in the corner. The brawls between Punk and Hunter as well as Edge and Batista falls to the outside, making Cena and Orton the legal men inside the ring. Both men have the savage intentions to weaken the other before the massive Five-Man WWE Championship Match this Sunday at Backlash. Cena guides Orton out from the corner and quickly sets him up for a fisherman's suplex which he nails perfectly.

Orton's back slams onto the canvas due to the fisherman's suplex and Cena hooks the leg almost as soon as he lands, bouncing off the canvas, pinning all in one movement as his partners get onto the apron. The referee makes the count, 1..., the WWE Champion filled with malice kicks out. Cena as quick as jumps back up to his feet and encircles the fallen Orton as he too, gets up via his knees first. Once the WWE Champion is standing, Cena attempts to pull the trigger and end the massive star-studded match-up quickly as he strongly grabs the arm of The Legend Killer and pulls him on top of his shoulders for an F-U though the viper-like Orton wriggles out and lands behind his former Wrestlemania opponent and brings him down with a chop-block to the back of the knee, bringing the up till now, energetic Cena down. Orton staggers over to his corner and tags in a fresh CM Punk who enters with a sadistic smile on his face, exhibiting the fact he wants to hurt Cena. John Cena is on one knee as he tries to get back up but that isn't really accepted by Punk.

Punk runs to the ropes facing the lowered Cena and rebounds off, taking Cena down with a devastating running knee-strike to the face. Cena's head whiplashes back, smacking down on the canvas. Punk stomps Cena viciously and continuously as he savagely screams at him, 'You can't fucking wrestle! You're overrated! You're fucking pathetic!' Punk then guides Cena back up and whips him to the corner where he charges towards him with obvious savage intentions and nails Cena in the face with a high-knee strike followed by a running bulldog from the top rope. Punk then tags in his partner, The Rated R Superstar Edge. The Ultimate Opportunist lives up to his name as he kneels in the corner, visibly stalking the movements of John Cena, ready at any point to pull the trigger and bring him down with a vicious spear. The former WWE Champion in Cena valiantly stumbles up and is almost victim to an oncoming spear but manages to leap to the side and dodge the possibly fatal signature maneuver of Edge.

The Rated R Superstar runs into the second turnbuckle he was charging towards as an exhausted Cena lunges forward and connects with a Triple H tag. The crowd is electric as The King of Kings steps into the ring casually and stands just outside the opposite corner of Edge in a cool, calm and collected manner except for a feint smirk. As Edge slowly comes out from the corner groggily, he stands up to turn around and see Hunter Hearst Helmsley standing opposite him. The Game's manner quickly changes and he's as ferocious as ever as he charges towards Edge and takes him down with a massive clothesline. As the now scared Edge staggers back up, Hunter whips him to the ropes and upon the rebound drives him down with a thunderous spinebuster. The King of Kings then makes the tag to Batista as the team of Batista, Triple H and John Cena maintains control. Batista charges in and measures Edge as he staggers back up and walks right into a Batista Bomb setup. The Animal lifts The Rated R Superstar up but fortunately for Edge he is able to perform a sit-out facebuster from the position.

The momentary pause gives Edge the opportunity to try and get a tag as he crawls towards his corner, showcasing his exhaustion as well as pain. The Animal Batista won't have it though and drags Edge away from his corner. It then seemingly all goes downhill again for Edge as Batista sets him up for the Batista Bomb, lifts him up and.. SLAM! Edge is driven down to the canvas with a deadly Batista Bomb. Just as he was being driven down, CM Punk and Orton see it's the end and seize steel chairs from ringside and attack Batista in the ring as well as the oncoming traffic in Cena and Triple H; dropping them with massive chair shots.

Winners - No Contest

The lights then go out completely. The Ford Center is pitch black as a red light then shines down in the shape of an S, the same S that has been seen over the previous weeks.

'What's happening?' asks King. The lights return and Cena, Batista and Triple H are all laid out in the ring, busted open as CM Punk, Edge and Randy Orton are at the top of the ramp looking on in confusion. RAW goes off the air..

BacklashPoster.png

Backlash Card

WWE Championship | Five-Man Match
WWE Champion Randy Orton vs. John Cena vs. Triple H vs. Batista vs. Edge

Chris Jericho vs. John Morrison

Intercontinental Championship | Triple Threat
Intercontinental Champion Elijah Burke vs. Matt Hardy vs. CM Punk

WWE Tag Team Championship | Tag Team Open Invitational
WWE Tag Team Champions Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase vs. ?

Evan Bourne vs. Kofi Kingston

Street Fight

Qwake

Mr Kennedy Vs Dolph Ziggler: I've gotta be honest, I was expecting a little more from these two, both are young and talented and I thought you would have been able to work them together a little better. I'm not saying it was a bad match, but it could have been much better, unless you were trying to keep it short and sweet. I liked the way you put Dolph over throughout the match though, and I really think these two could work well together. Ken-Co Vs Priceless could be good, lets see if thats who takes the open challenge for Backlash.

Highlight Reel: Highlight Reel pretty much means instant good read, Jericho is awesome especially when he's face and his guest is John Morrison who is also quite awesome. Jericho opens it with a few good lines and cuts right to the chase by calling Morrison down, Jericho starts with a question that has nothing to do with him suprisingly but once Morrison answers cockily it picks up. I expected Jericho to say a little more but he kept it kinda short, a little back and fourth stuff going on until the end. I was expecting this to be a little longer but it was still quite good and adds to their match at Backlash which could steal the show.

Bourne & Benjamin Vs Cryme Tyme with Kingston: Pretty good match, seems a little weird to have Cryme Tyme and Kingston heel, not saying its bad its just different to me as I have never seen them heel before. The match had its spots, of course every Evan Bourne match has a few spots that you're bound to remember. The after match attack was good although I wanna know what happened to Benjamin, surely he could have gotten up and tried to help Bourne. Anyways, decent match.

Ziggler/Maria backstage: I haven't been following but I get the picture, Dolph wants Maria, Maria doesn't want him and now Dolph finds out she has a BOYFRIEND! Well next week when he shows up I hope Dolph kicks his ass, whoever he is :D Good angle imo, sets up a feud for Dolph which will help him get over and also gives you another reason to use Maria other then just using her as the interviewer. I liked this segment and next week should be good.

Jeff Hardy Image: Its good that you've kepy Jeff out since the Steel Cage match, gives the match credibility whereas if you were like most others and you got him right back onto the show the next day it would make the match and probably Kane look bad. Good that hes coming back, I wonder what you'll have him do once he returns.

Monty Brown Vs John Morrison: You really made Brown look dominant well at the same time not making Morrison look weak, good match and I was actually waiting for Morrison to get back into it and pick up the win at the end, I'm suprised he didn't so thats good booking. This gives The Alpha Male momentum for his match against MVP at Backlash, too bad I can't say the same for Morrison. Match of the Night so far I think.

Main Event: Good match, a different mixture of styles which mixed quite well with the others. This would be Match of the Night and you showed that as it looks as though you put a little more effort into it. The ending was alright, good plain heel tactics by getting the steel chairs. What happened after the match is what I'm curious about, it seems like something that the Undertaker would do but I'm not sure if he's even in your BTB and the letter was "S" so I'm not sure, could be Sting or maybe even Sabu but you wouldn't think so. Interesting to say the least, good stuff CT.

Pros

I really liked the opening commentary, you really got indepth with it and hyped not only the show but also Backlash which was good. Also, the whole way throughout the show it was good and helped me understand what I had missed, you got King and JR's characters well. Nice job.

Your storylines, they're all quite interesting and each one is different from the other, you've got the Ziggler/Maria stuff now with Maria's boyfriend soon to be involved, then you have Jericho saying he's earned his respect and Morrison hasn't, I find them all interesting and as they go on they develop more and more which will be the key to me reviewing your BTB more.

Your matchups, now this isn't about the actual matches themselves, its about who you have up against one another. Dolph Ziggler Vs Mr Kennedy, Monty Brown Vs John Morrison, these are all fresh new matchups that I haven't seen in real life or in BTB, I like that, its creative and something new. That's why I like your roster, you have so many guys up against one another that haven't been before, keep bringing the fresh matches.

Cons

The way you've set your writing, sometimes it gets a little confusing, I like the way you used to do it, have the commentators and everything spread out well from the promos so you can see the seperation, I don't know why, I guess I'm just used to reading that way. It's not a huge deal, its probably something I learn to like but this first time reading I didn't like it too much.

Your matches, I do think they're easier to read because they're shorter I think you could get a little more indepth with them. I was reading that Ziggler/Kennedy match, I started to get into it after 30 seconds or so and then next minute they're goin for there finishers and its over with hardly any build up to it. Again, not a major deal, you may have been wanting to keep it short for certain reasons but I would have prefered that and the tag match to been a little longer to give the readers a chance to get into it.

Lastly, you should have showcased more talent, I see that Elijah and Hardy are in a triple threat with Punk at Backlash yet there was no sign of them on the show, also no MVP or Rhodes and DiBiase, I'm also a little suprised there weren't any backstage interviews or anything with any of the five men competing for the title at Backlash. You could have used any of them in some minor way imo.

Overall: A good show, both matches and promos were both a little over average and the storylines developed well. I'm still curious as to who it was that came after the Main Event, im sure its gonna be shocking. Anyways, there's my review, its the second I've given in ages and I thought you deserved it after all the work you've been doin for the section, keep it up.

Show Rating: 7.5/10

CT Styles

Lastly, you should have showcased more talent, I see that Elijah and Hardy are in a triple threat with Punk at Backlash yet there was no sign of them on the show, also no MVP or Rhodes and DiBiase, I'm also a little suprised there weren't any backstage interviews or anything with any of the five men competing for the title at Backlash. You could have used any of them in some minor way imo.
Hardy doesn't debut until Backlash and Rhodes and DiBiase were victim to one of the many assaults that have been happening backstage; Cosgrove too was a victim.

Thanks for the review though.

CT Styles

BacklashPoster.png

WWE Backlash Preview

WWE Backlash comes to you live from Providence, Rhode Island in the Dunkin' Donuts Arena.

WWEChampionship.png

WWE Championship | WWE Champion Randy Orton vs. Triple H vs. John Cena vs. Edge vs. Batista

A match that has angered Randy Orton very much has excited the fans greatly as the WWE Champion is forced to defend his cherished title against four other men and those four men are by no means men Orton will cakewalk a victory over. Randy Orton is forced to try and gain the pinfall victory over either Triple H, Batista, John Cena or Edge. The fact The Legend Killer has history with all four of those men may come back to haunt him. In a match where the champion doesn't even need to be pinned in order for a new one to be crowned, will Orton prevail and hook the leg of one of his opponent for his championship reign to live another day, or will his massive Wrestlemania 25 victory seemingly go to waste?

ChrisJerichovsJohnMorrison.png

A battle of respect to put it simply. John Morrison has basically spat on Y2J's accomplishments in the world of Sports-Entertainment. Whilst there is absolutely no doubt concerning the talent he holds that we all behold. The one element of Morrison's ways is his attitude. It's been that all along and The Highlight Reel brought that opinion and disagreement to a climax. The Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla simply wanted to tear Morrison apart and probably with good reason as Morrison's overall aura disgusted Jericho who was ready to explode. At Backlash, Jericho has his chance to get a hold of Morrison and 'express his disgust'. Will Jericho be successful in educating the young John Morrison, or will Morrison's amazing athletic ability be too much for Y2J?

IntercontinentalChampionship.png

Intercontinental Championship | Intercontinental Champion Elijah Burke vs. CM Punk vs. Matt Hardy

Elijah Burke gained the Intercontinental Championship the first week after Wrestlemania 25 after the controversial swapping of his Money in the Bank Briefcase and Christian's Intercontinental Championship. CM Punk has expressed immense interest in the title and has also become one of the most hated superstars in the WWE in the meantime. Matt Hardy was thrown into the equation by General Manager Charlie Cosgrove who is currently hospitalized and out of action. Who out of the three men will capture the Intercontinental Championship, will Burke fend off his two threats and regain, or will the returning Hardy return with a bang?

DiBiaseandRhodes.png

WWE Tag Team Championship Open Invitational | WWE Tag Team Champions Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase vs. ???

It's still a mystery as to how this match came about. With no General Manager at the time, one has to wonder who made the match. One thing's for sure, Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase have a hell of a task ahead.

MVPandBrown.png

Two future megastars of the WWE for certain. One is loved, one is not. MVP and Monty Brown simply want to hurt each other, and badly. Brown is a monster, there's no doubt about that but when MVP is angered, he becomes uncontrollable. If both of these men are set off, there could be an explosion in the Backlash ring. Who will come out on top in this sure to be physical contest?

BourneandKingston.png

Kofi Kingston's sudden change of persona all came about against Evan Bourne and Bourne was a victim to it. Ever since then, Kingston has aligned himself with Cryme Tyme. If Evan Bourne came somehow prevent Kingston from cheating or using any dirty tactics, he may very well defeat the Jamaican.

Make sure to order Backlash through your local Pay-Per-View provider.

Evil Austin

WWE Championship | WWE Champion Randy Orton vs. Triple H vs. John Cena vs. Edge vs. Batista
I dunno why, but the Game might win

You are pushing him as of late with that match with Cena.... don't bury him now

Intercontinental Championship | Intercontinental Champion Elijah Burke vs. CM Punk vs. Matt Hardy
I dunno, it's the debut I think so like .... he will probably be brought in for a reason and some sort of push

WWE Tag Team Championship Open Invitational | WWE Tag Team Champions Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase vs. ???
I have no idea who they are but there is a reason why they are kept secret... hey it might have something to do with the symbols?

I missed the past three or so shows but I am so popping in when it is up....

Qwake

WWE Champion Randy Orton vs. Triple H vs. John Cena vs. Edge vs. Batista

Looks like a good match and it should deliver. Matches with more then two men I find are easy to write as you have many different styles to use throughout the match so you mix it up a little and it never gets old. I'm excited to see what you can do with this, I am taking a random guess and I am saying Orton will retain by pinning Batista.

Chris Jericho Vs John Morrison

I have high hopes for this match! Both have great in-ring ability and they are a little similar imo. I think Jericho will get the win to show Morrison who he's dealing with but after a good long feud Morrison should end it with the win to gain Jericho's respect and also push Morrison to the Main Event. Should be a great match, could definitely steal the show.

Intercontinental Champion Elijah Burke vs. CM Punk vs. Matt Hardy

Another match I am excited for, this could also definitely steal the show. I am not sure who will win here, I am a huge fan of Elijah so I chose him purely on that because any of the three men could win. Matt Hardy on debut could or CM Punk just as easily, another great match on paper.

WWE Tag Team Champions Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase vs. ???

I still don't know who will take Rhodes and DiBiase on, should be good. I have gone with the Champs to retain, not sure why tbh, if any of the titles were to change at this PPV it would probably be these tag titles as the Champs should still be weakened and they don't know who there opponents are which is never good for them. I'm interested in seeing who they face.

Another match I am excited for, I was a Monty Brown fan from when I first saw him in TNA and MVP is really talented, itll be interesting to see how you play this one out. I think Brown will get the win, he has momentum going in after his win on RAW and while I think most people would choose MVP I'm going to go with the Alpha Male, hopefully he wins after hitting the POUNCE!

It's matches like these where you need a Cruiserweight title around. This should be a crazy match, then again, what sort of an Evan Bourne match isn't crazy? He's awesome. The two styles of theirs clashing should be good, I've gone for an Evan Bourne win but I think Kofi and Cryme Tyme may have a little something to do after that. Looking forward to it.

The Pay Per View card looks great and I know you'll deliver atleast a couple of good memories from this. I'll be sure to read!

CT Styles

I'm loving all the predictions, it shows that you all don't know what's in-store. Which is what I wanted. That makes me think this Pay-Per-View should have great shock-value and be even more memorable.

seX-Power

Randy Orton vs. Triple H vs. John Cena vs. Edge vs. Batista

I see CM Punk and Edge doing all they can to keep the belt on Orton, and for Edge to tease betrayal but not go through with it.

I see Jericho going over now to teach JoMo a lesson but for Morrison to rebound in the feud and end up going over and up the card.

Elijah Burke vs. CM Punk vs. Matt Hardy

First of all I see Punk leaving the match (to conserve energy for the main event) and then in a singles match, Burke wins after Jeff Hardy interferes and turns on his brother, hitting him with a weapon.

Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase vs. ???

Hopefully this is shocking as it has the potential to be just that. I take it there can be as many teams as you want but I see a completely new team (not necessarily new guys) winning.

Your building of this match was very poor and it seemed you didn't even care. Well it hasn't made me care for it but out of liking him more, I say MVP.

I predict Evan to get a fluke or shocking win (maybe by DQ) but hopefully he doesn't job out after being squashed on Raw by MVP (yeah that hurt him).