WWE: An Age of Evolution

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CT Styles

Due to more recent family troubles as well as just doing what was originally planned, I'll be taking an indefinite thread from this thread. I'll certainly be returning to it, however, I'm just not aware of when that'll happen. Here is the News and Notes though..

WWE News and Notes
Coming off the biggest night in the company's history, WWE will continue to try and lift the product. It's looking to push new talent but still maintain a quality product. Charlie Cosgrove, as well as being on-screen General Manager is also head booker and is said to be very confident with the work done by WWE Creative and that it should be a very successful next year in World Wrestling Entertainment. Heading into the second half of the year he claims there to be a massive angle as well as a massive feud that will take not only WWE; but Sports-Entertainment by storm. All information is confidential but it's said to be one of the biggest angles in a very long time.

Regarding new signings, there have been reports of WWE trying to resign some big names who have previously performed for the company. Rumored names include Matt Hardy and Bobby Lashley. WWE has also announced that they have signed former TNA talent, Matt Morgan to a contract, he has been sent to FCW and should eventually get the call-up.

The Backlash card is said to be 99% finalized and set in stone. The report sites have been given the impression that it's going to be a real engine behind propelling the product to new heights with some rather major matches said to be on the card.

Cosgrove has expressed interest in adding more depth to the tag-team division. He has revealed that Mr. Kennedy and Ken Doane will unveil themselves to be a team rather soon. The title of their team being 'Ken-Co'. Cosgrove has claimed that they have a rather strong chance of getting a decent push. Dolph Ziggler is also expected to try and align himself with the team, however, he is expected to begin a feud with Kennedy through the alliance and possibly form his own tag-team to battle Ken-Co.

Jeff Hardy is taking time off and is kayfabe injured from his match with Kane at Wrestlemania.

The main things to take into consideration with WWE's product is to expect more depth in the tag-team division and with the absence of Shawn Michaels and Undertaker there to be some new faces in the main event.

seX-Power

It's a pity to see that you'll be taking a thread from the thread as I was liking it.

Matt Hardy ftw! I think he would fit in your BTB, and Lashley also, but I'm not liking the signing of Matt Morgan, I always thought he was generic.

I hope to see some new faces in the main event such as Morrison, Punk, Bourne, Burke and others.

Better tag divison = better product and having Kennedy and Doane in the divison pleases me as I hate them both, but don't push them too hard imo.

If a rest is what you need, then go for it. When you return, I hope to see you bounce back better than ever!

CT Styles

Updated roster.
RAW-1.png

WWE Monday Night RAW Roster
Batista
Brett Major
Brian Major
Chris Jericho
Christian
CM Punk
Cody Rhodes
Dolph Ziggler
Edge
Elijah Burke
Evan Bourne
Jeff Hardy
John Cena
John Morrison
JTG
Kane
Ken Doane
Kofi Kingston
Monty Brown
Montel Vontavious Porter
Mr. Kennedy
Primo Colon
Randy Orton
Ron Killings
Shad
Shelton Benjamin
Ted DiBiase
The Brian Kendrick
Triple H

Tag-Teams/Stables
Cryme Tyme: JTG and Shad
Priceless: Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase
The Major Brothers: Brett Major and Brian Major

Figures of Authority/Other On-Air Talent
General Manager: Charlie Cosgrove
Commentary: Jim Ross and Jerry 'The King' Lawler
Backstage Interviewer: Maria Kanellis

Championship Holders
WWE World Heavyweight Champion: Randy Orton
WWE Intercontinental Championship: Christian
WWE World Tag Team Champions: Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase

Pay-Per-View Schedule
Backlash; April 26, 2009: Dunkin' Donuts Center; Providence, Rhode Island
Judgment Day; May 17, 2009: Allstate Arena; Rosemont, Illinois
The Great American Bash; June 28, 2009: ARCO Arena; Sacramento, California
Vengeance; July 26, 2009: Wachovia Center; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
SummerSlam; August 23, 2009: Staples Center; Los Angeles, California
Unforgiven; September 13, 2009: Bell Centre; Montreal, Quebec
No Mercy; October 4, 2009: US Airways Center; Phoenix, Arizona
Cyber Sunday; October 25, 2009: Mellon Arena; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Survivor Series; November 22, 2009: Verizon Center; Washington, D.C.
Royal Rumble; January 24, 2010: Philips Arena; Atlanta, Georgia
No Way Out; February 21, 2010: Richmond Coliseum; Richmond, Virginia
Wrestlemania 26; March 28, 2010: University of Phoenix Stadium; Glendale, Arizona

seX-Power

Good to see this post and have the official updates.

-hopefully now you will showcase your lower carders more as I forgot some of the guys were actually in this BTB
-you would benefit from one or two more tag teams as you can't really make a division around 3 teams
-in my opinion you should elevate Christian to the main event and maybe have Ron Killings win the IC title
-push some new guys into the ME as well, please

Anyway, I'll review WM one day, and yeah, can't wait for this to return.

The Member

Reaction score
I skimmed through its past, and read halfway through Wrestlemania. Posting a review is pointless, but now that you put an updated roster, I will start to follow this. The roster looks phenomenal, and I say push the Doane/Kennedy tandem to the sky. Now that HBK is gone, I say replace him in the main event with Punk.

seX-Power

ohai, review time for you, a little late but who's counting?

We start off with an awesome video package which, though a little cliched, showcased the importance of Wrestlemania and some special WM moments.

Batista vs John Morrison- Well there's not all that much to say about this match. It was about as good as it gets for a Tista match but I feel that these two guys just didn't mesh too well when it's all said and done. The ending with the BB was a little anticlimactic and I'm not too sure I like the result, but Batista needs his WM moment and it was too big a stage to let the young guy go over, even though he will eventually tbh. Post match stuff is good too.

Money in the Bank Ladder match- I think having 6 men in this match was a great idea to reduce clustered action, and having separate feuds moving into this was also good. The ending was alright but I think you took a few guys out one by one just to set up the finish, and I think Bourne costing Punk the match would have added good fire to their feud. Burke winning I'm not too sure of, he's quite overrated by the IWC and I could see him as an upper mid carder, but not ME and definitely not World title quality. Meh result and ending imo, but the match had some solid action without being a clusterfuck.

Jeff Hardy vs Kane- Having a steel cage match at WM is something I'm not too sure of but I think it fits the brutality of this feud. Kane played the dominating monster well and hardy did the resilient trapped face stunt well. The ending was the epitome of brutality and would have been sick irl, but I don't see Kane escaping over the top, maybe through the door or via pin. Nevertheless, good match and Kane winning gets him over as a monster.

Christian vs MVP- Very dissappointing, considering this could have been so much more. I understand the angle you were trying to get over but it had no place at Wresltemania, a proper match should have been had. The most interesting part is the tension, or lack thereof, between the two brothers Edge and Christian.

Stone Cold + The Rock vs Priceless- Well it was another short match but this one had more of a right to be, although the two small matches could have been spread apart. The two legends winning was the right choice as Priceless suck too much to go over them, especially at Wresltemania 25. The Priceless beatdown afetrwarss is nice work though and unburied the youngsters after the result of the match.

The Undertaker vs Chris Jericho- Wow, this was truly an epic match and a Wresltemania moment. I was a little iffy about this feud due to Jericho being Taker's final opponent and then turning face in the process, but this match made it all worthwile. Nice action throughout and the ending was very Taker-esque and let him go out in style. Going out in smoke was very fitting for Taker as it got over the mystery of his legacy.

Shawn Michaels vs Triple H- This was another epic match that has no business taking place outside of Wrestlemania, and it delivered, moreso than the previous match. HBK and HHH went all out in a match that surpassed my expectations, and had some nice spots. I had a little gripe with the ending coming out of nowhere, as I think it would have been a fitting end to win the matcn with a SCM after doing the 'tuning up the band' routine. Shawn's post macth celebreation was a nice touch and I'd imagine it to be very emotional.

Ron Killings vs Shane McMahon- The only was this match was ever going to be good was in a street fight, and it was good so the stip addition fit perfectly. I don't have too much to say about this as it was solid but not really memorable. I think this is a case of the feud > the match, and I was puzzled to why it was so far down the card. Killings winning was the right choice, and the COsgrove interference was a nice touch, though it sort of made Ron take a back seat in the feud and the match's ending.

John Cena vs Randy Orton- To be honest, I can't think of a more fitting match to be the main event of arguably the biggest show of all time. The future battled itself for the unified world titles which just added to the epicness of the match. I won't call it the MOTN but it was definitely close as the action never got boring and just felt like a worthy WM main event. The ending was a little predictable but I still think that anything more would be overdone, as I liked the STFU being broken by Orton unlike HHH and HBK who both tapped to it at WM. Orton then reversing the FU into the RKO was clever and only a tiny bit unrealistic, and I'm surprised it hadn't been done before. Fitting end to the 25th anniversary of the grandaddy of them all. Even though I don't like him Orton is still a good choice to carry the company.

Great show CT with matches that delivered all round, and the only low poing being MVP/Christian while the MOTN being HHH vs HBK. Impressed and I regret I didn't review this earlier.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

CT Styles Wrestlemania Review

Matches: John Morrison vs. Batista was a good match, very realistic from a wrestling psychology standpoint. Morrison is never gonna outpower Batista so he's gonna go with quickness and wearing the big man down. The corkscrew moonsault was beautiful. Next we move on to the money in the bank ladder match. I think this match works better with six people because the action is easier to follow and people can pair off easier. This match was spotty but it wasn't the overbooked spotty where spots don't mean anything. Interesting choice having Elijah Burke win the match but this is a good way to elevate him if you plan to do so. Jeff Hardy vs. Kane was very good as well. I personally would have had this match open the show because you could have had the cage already set up which would have given more time to other matches. Both men actually shined and looked good here. I know some people had a problem with Kane escaping over the top but I think it worked because Jeff Hardy was escaping the cage so Kane had to stop him and since he's already at the top of the cage he's not gonna jump back in the ring he's gonna climb out. Next up is MVP vs. Christian this wasn't very good at all. I think less time should have been spent on video packages and more time given to this match because this match was a let down. These two could have done so much more and the finish was just blah.

Austin and Rock vs. Legacy was decent. This match should have elevated Cody Rhodes and Ted Dibiase to the stratosphere and it didn't really do that. Legacy barely got any offense and didn't really isolate either man for an extended period of time. That surprised me because Austin and Rock are not active wrestlers so an active tag team that has been getting pushed somewhat can't beat down two guys that don't wrestle any more is baffling. I personally would have gone with a screwjob finish then had Stone Cold hit stunners on both men and do the beer bash thing. But the roller coaster goes back up with our next match. Undertaker versus Chris Jericho was excellent. Easily better than the previous two matches. The last few minutes of this match was expertly written with the counters and the way the match ended with the tombstone after the lionsault (vintage Undertaker! *smack* get the fuck outta here Michael Cole!). Great way for Undertaker to go out. From here we get another great match with Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H in another farewell match. Very emotional match to start out but then it broke down from there as expected and became emotional again at the end. And then another farewell match, well not really farewell match but a loser gets fired match with R-Truth and Shane McMahon. Since this is a street fight we don't have to worry about workrate or technical wrestling in this match. It got a little overbooked near the end but a match like this wasn't gonna go without at least some interference. I wonder how you'll bring back Shane McMahon since we know nobody ever really gets fired. And then when we thought we couldn't do any more we have our main event unification match between John Cena and Randy Orton. I personally can't think of a better way to close out this wrestlemania. Shitloads better than the way WM 25 IRL closed out. Both men definitely brought their A+ game for this one. The FU countered into the RKO was pure 'claimage'. Awesome ending to an awesome mania.

Promos: Not gonna spend a lot of time on these. I do feel there was an overabundance of video packages that ate up time that could have gone towards making some matches better. The Rock's promo was aight. I would have gone the Rock-Lillian Garcia route with Rock hitting on Maria, asking if she liked struedel, that sort of thing. Emotional Shawn Michaels is emotional. Christian's promo wasn't very realistic as he didn't mention the peeps once or say "that's how he rolls".

Booking: Not a whole lot of complaints here. Only two matches didn't have the Wrestlemania feel and that was MVP vs. Christian and Rock/Austin vs. Legacy. I can excuse Rock/Austin vs. Legacy because Rock and Austin aren't full timers anymore and that was just supposed to be a fun squash with Rock and Austin hitting all their spots and I already said how I would have made the match better in the other section.

Flow: The placing of the matches was good. Only very minor complaint is that their wasn't enough time between certain matches. If that would have happened in real life most people would have been out of breath by the time the fourth match started.

Overall: It sucks that personal issues have gotten in the way of this btb continuing for the time being. But in the event that this is the last show from this BTB it is a good way to go out. This was a very good show definitely worthy of having the name Wrestlemania. Late reviews FTW!

CT Styles

Monday Night RAW Official Preview
Live Mondays 9/8 CT on the USA Network

This edition of Monday Night RAW comes to you LIVE from the MCI Center in Washington DC!

Following the biggest night in Sports-Entertainment history, RAW comes to you from Washington DC's MCI Center. In one of the most shocking Wrestlemania moments of all-time, Shane McMahon was fired from World Wrestling Entertainment in his brutal match with Ron Killings. However, there was more than just one shocking moment in the match. CM Punk who Shane McMahon allegedly was seen having a conversation with earlier in the night, came through the crowd and helped McMahon physically dissect Ron Killings in a bid to help Shane keep his job and all seemed well until Charlie Cosgrove appeared at the top of the ramp with a companion, Monty Brown! Brown knocked out Punk with a vicious Pounce before the newest addition to the RAW roster and Charlie Cosgrove came to the ring to help Killings defeat Shane McMahon and banish him for the WWE. Now with Shane McMahon's absence from WWE, what will happen? What will Monty Brown's role in the WWE be now? It's assumed Charlie Cosgrove runs RAW now, how will he begin? CM Punk has made it clear he wants to address the crowd concerning something and will do just that.

In more historical moments, Randy Orton defeated WWE Champion John Cena to unify his World Heavyweight Championship and John Cena's WWE Championship and become the WWE World Heavyweight Champion. John Cena has been tipped to be the show opener and no doubt will go into depth about his loss last night against Randy Orton. John Cena has made it clear he wants to use his rematch clause. Will he manage to have an uninterrupted promo? Or will there be many other people expressing their opinions? On the topic of last night's historical main event, Randy Orton has also been announced to be speaking to the audience concerning his now current reign as WWE World Heavyweight Champion. It will be his first time talking to the audience as WWE World Heavyweight Champion and he claims that he has an announcement to make concerning everyone regarding his reign as Champion and that the whole locker room is on notice. What could it be?

Chris Jericho performed in one of the most memorable Wrestlemania matches in it's twenty-five year history last night. Although he was defeated, he faced The Undertaker in his final match. Y2J has claimed that he wants to address the crowd tonight during the 'Undertaker and Shawn Michaels Farewell Tribute' all WWE Superstars will be present at the event that will close the show. He says that he wants to comment on how the match panned out and the future of Chris Jericho. The show will be closed with the farewell tribute. Shawn Michaels and his family will be present as well as some older faces. It is unknown whether 'The Phenom' will appear.

Mr. Kennedy has announced via WWE.com that he and Ken Doane have formed an alliance, 'Ken-Co' and the team will be debuting on this edition of Monday Night RAW, facing the team of Brett and Brian Major. Kennedy has made no mistake in making the team's intentions known. He has made it very public that they have the WWE World Tag Team Championships in their sites. Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase are said to be interested in the outcome of the match and will be paying close attention. Ken-Co would certainly be wise to watch their back after one of the most violent assaults in recent memory against legends 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin and The Rock.

Intercontinental Champion Christian proved to be too smart for his opponent MVP, last night, striking a deal with a member of the crowd to bait MVP; knowing he would eventually retaliate. Christian capitalized and got the win on MVP. After the match, MVP was said to be fuming and will be approaching Charlie Cosgrove at some point tonight.

In the fifth Money in the Bank Ladder Match, Elijah Burke claimed the coveted briefcase, guaranteeing him to a WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match anytime, anywhere within the next year. He has told backstage workers that he has something to say and that he will be talking to the crowd about his victory and how he will become WWE World Heavyweight Champion. On the topic of the Money in the Bank Ladder Match, two of the star performers from the famous match, Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne will be going one on one to both showcase their freakish abilities. Both men came up short last night, and will be looking to release some rage on the other despite the mutual respect both men have for the other.

Confirmed Card
John Cena opens the show.
Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne showcase their high-flying abilities one on one.
Randy Orton addresses the crowd for the first time as WWE World Heavyweight Champion.
Ken-Co look to begin as a team undefeated against The Major Brothers.
CM Punk talks concerning the events of last night regarding the firing of Shane McMahon.
The show closes with a farewell tribute dedicated to the careers of Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker.

seX-Power

I think a CM Punk and Monty Brown feud will begin, it could be alright. The Cena and Orton speeches have me interested as to what they will say though I expect standard stuff from Cena. I expect to have HBK make a speech and have Taker not appear, and have Jericho turn heel in that ceremony thingo. Ken-Co and Priceless should be a good feud and the former will squash Majors tonight, but if it's heel vs heel I don't know how you're going to book it. I expect MVP to get another match at Christian's title or maybe plant the seeds for a face turn, I'm not sure. Burke as MITB should be interesting and I wonder where you go and Kingston/Bourne should be a great match and I have no idea who could pick up the win.

I'll be reading Raw CT, looks good.

CT Styles

Monday Night RAW; April 6 2009
MCI Center, Washington DC

*The official intro video airs.*

*A Wrestlemania 25 recap airs.*

Monday Night RAW's official theme song plays throughout the arena as the crowd unveils an excitement-filled pop at the opening of the broadcast.

JR: Ladies and Gentleman, welcome to Monday Night RAW, live from Washington DC's MCI Center!

King: Last night we witnessed one of the most memorable sporting events in history, Wrestlemania 25!

JR: We witness some 'Wrestlemania Moments' there, King. Some amazing, some shocking.

'My Time is Now' hits to cheers as the former WWE Champion John Cena appears at the top of the ramp.

JR: Here comes John Cena! He came up short last night in the main event against Randy Orton last night, losing his WWE Championship in order for Randy Orton to unify it with his World Heavyweight Championship.

King: No doubt he'll be out here to address his rematch clause.

Cena enters the ring decked out in his trademark 'U Can't C Me' shirt and baseball cap. He stands by with a microphone as the crowd anticipate what he has to say, cheering. Cena waits for the reception to die down.

Cena: Yes, you all saw it last night, every one of you. Hell, there was a recap video package to open the show. You know exactly what happened last night and quite frankly, I accept it. Randal Keith Orton pinned me in the middle of the ring and 'you know what surprised me the most?

Cena pauses.

Cena: No punt to the head, no kick to the genitals, no low-blow, no eye-rake, he pinned me cleanly. Now, that surprises me and I'd be shocked if it didn't surprise majority of you; but hey, I'm a man of sportsmanship and I accept it. However, I have a rematch clause and Mr. Orton, I'll be using it at Backlash!

'Metalingus' hits to boos as 'The Rated R Superstar' Edge appears at the top of the ramp in street clothes before making his way down to the ring. Cena rolls his eyes, irritated at the fact Edge has come out and interrupted. Edge enters the ring.

Cena: What? What do you want?

Edge: What do I want, John? What do I want? What I am entitled to! A World Title shot!

Cena: Um.. What have you done to 'entitle' you to a World Title shot? You unsuccessfully managed MVP in an Intercontinental Title match last night where you were too scared to hit your brother, who you hate!

Edge: Where do you get off talking to me like that, Cena?! Try name-value for one. 'The Rated R Superstar' is made for the World Championship, John. After all, I've held it more times than you.

Cena: You've made a career out of hiding under the ring and coming out at the last minute to screw someone out of their championship.

Edge: And you've made a career out of being the clean-cut, kids hero, who's held the title more?

'The Game' hits and Triple H appears at the top of the ramp in street clothes.

Hunter: Me.

Hunter starts walking down to the ring with the microphone. He enters the ring.

Hunter: I've held the World Championship more times than both of you combined.

Edge: You married the bosses daughter.

Hunter: And unfortunately for you, messed with a woman in a relationship with another man. Care to do that with me?

Edge backs away.

Cena: Hunter, you walk in the ring with your 'aura of intimidation', thinking, 'Once I enter, that's it. Everyone's scared, I have the last word.' It doesn't work with me. You just seem to think that you're the big badass of the roster, the be-all and end-all.

Cena gets in the face of Triple H.

Cena: You haven't scared me one bit my entire time in this company, especially when I kicked your ass at Wrestlemania 22!

'I Walk Alone' hits as 'The Animal' Batista walks down to the ring and enters.

Batista: I'm the only one in this ring who competed last night and was victorious. I've beaten every single one of you in this ring and..

'Made You Look' by Nas hits and General Manager Charlie Cosgrove appears at the top of the ramp.

Cosgrove: Randy Orton isn't even here yet and you're already arguing over who should be number one contender. I've got some plans for Backlash either way..

Commercial Break

We return with a Shawn Michaels video package.

King: 'The Heartbreak Kid' will always be remembered, JR.

JR: That could never be debated, King. One of, if not, the greatest.

'S.O.S.' hits and Kofi Kingston makes his way down to the ring with a pop.

King: Last night he was one of the star performers in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match along with his opponent, Evan Bourne.

JR: These two have outstanding capabilities in the ring that only a handful over the years have been able to be privileged with.

Evan Bourne's theme hits to a massive pop as he runs down to the ring.

JR: One of the most exciting athletes in Sports-Entertainment today.

Match 1
Evan Bourne vs. Kofi Kingston

Bourne and Kingston circle the ring, both aware of the others athletic capabilities; last night especially showcasing each man's ability. The two move into the center of the ring for a lock-up and Kingston quickly turns it into an armtwist though, Bourne performs a standing backflip that reverses the predicament before using Kingston's grip to whip him to the corner. Kingston's back smacks into the turnbuckles and Bourne charges into the corner with a clothesline, however, Kingston sidesteps and Evan Bourne runs into the corner turnbuckles. Bourne turns around out of the corner turnbuckles and is greeted with a swift arm-drag transitioned into an arm-bar. Evan Bourne reacts quickly though and rolls himself backwards allowing his feet to wrap around the sides of Kingston's head and perform a low hurracanrana, forcing Kingston to flip forward on the canvas. Bourne gets back up to his feet and times his run to the ropes. Upon his rebound, Kingston is on his hands and knees and cops a running low dropkick to the face, knocking him back down.

Bourne capitalizes and hooks the leg, 1... Kingston kicks out. Both men get back to their feet. Bourne lands a quick forearm to the face of Kingston before whipping him to the ropes. Kingston rebounds and ducks a jumping spinning sole kick and continuing on to the opposite ropes. Kingston rebounds off as Bourne turns around and is taken down with a leaping cross-body from 'The Jamaican Sensation' he transitions the maneuver into a pin via hooking the leg, 1...2 Bourne kicks out. Both the still energetic superstars get back up to their feet. Kingston approaches Bourne quickly and performs an armtwist but Bourne again, performs a standing frontflip to unravel the predicament and then catch Kingston off-guard with a step-up Enzuigiri that knocks Kingston over to the ropes. He leans over them as Bourne then knocks him clean over them with a standing spinning sole kick. Kingston crashes down to the outside as Bourne turns himself around to run at the ropes behind him. Upon his rebound he continues on to the ropes Kingston fell over.

Bourne shocks Kingston with a suicide dive that takes out both competitors and wows the crowd. Bourne though, is quick to return to a standing position and roll back into the ring as the referee continues the count, now at 4. Kingston struggles back into the ring at 6 and Bourne quickly pounces on him for the cover, 1...2.. Kingston kicks out. As Kingston gradually staggers back up to his feet, Bourne measures him before capitalizing on his opponent's standing position and whipping him to the corner turnbuckles. Bourne charges at him but Kingston manages to get a boot in front and the face of Bourne connects with Kingston's boot. Kofi Kingston then makes his way up the turnbuckles and gets to a standing position, measuring Bourne but out of nowhere, Bourne runs to the corner turnbuckles and leaps up to where Kingston is so now both men are facing each other on the top rope. Bourne wraps his arms around Kingston in hope of performing a belly-to-belly moonsault slam but Kingston manages to hammer away at the arms of Bourne, forcing him to release the hold.

Bourne staggers a little on the top and almost falls back but amazes the crowd by leaping up and getting his legs on the shoulders of Kingston and bringing him down from the top rope with a hurracanrana. Both men lay on the canvas, physically affected by the amazing maneuver on Bourne's part. Bourne gradually crawls over to Kingston and covers him, 1...2... Kingston kicks out! Bourne clenches his fist and punches the canvas in frustration before helping himself back up. He approaches the corner turnbuckles again and begins to climb back up them. The crowd begin to cheer, anticipating the AirBourne Shooting Star Press. He stands on both feet on the top rope and jumps off.. Kingston moves! Bourne crashes down to the canvas as Kingston struggles back up to his feet. Bourne staggers back up to his feet and.. Trouble in Paradise! Kingston nails the Trouble in Paradise Jamaican Buzzsaw and drops down to hook the leg of Bourne, 1...2...3

Winner - Kofi Kingston via Pinfall

King: The Jamaican Buzzsaw out of nowhere ends Bourne's hopes of winning!

JR: And what a deadly-looking move that is, King.

King: I know I wouldn't want to be on the other side of it!

Shelton Benjamin is seen running down the ramp to boos as he then slides into the ring.

JR: Oh, what could he want?!

Benjamin begins to attack Kingston while he recovers in the corner.

JR: Oh come on! The man's been through enough in that already epic encounter!

Benjamin delivers right hand after right hand on the cornered Kingston as he slides down the turnbuckles. Benjamin then stomps away at Kingston.

King: He lost the Money in the Bank Match and he takes it out on Kofi!

Kingston though, begins to fight back and blocks a kick from Benjamin. Benjamin emerges from the corner, blocking right hands from Benjamin and lands a kick to the gut before Evan Bourne comes up from the canvas, semi-recovered from the Kingston kick and unloads some forearms to the face of Benjamin before nailing a strong dropkick on 'The Gold Standard' that knocks him into the corner turnbuckles with his head ricocheting off the second turnbuckle. Kingston is on one knee and Bourne turns around to check on him when out of nowhere, another Jamaican Buzzsaw on Bourne!

JR: What?! What?!

King: Kingston nearly took his head off.. Again!

Kingston looks down at Bourne before ripping his green Jamaican headband off and throwing it down on the canvas while the crowd give massive heat. Kingston rolls out of the ring and walks back up the ramp.

JR: What in the hell has gotten into Kofi?!

Commercial Break

Backstage

MVP barges into Charlie Cosgrove's office and puts his hands on the desk while leaning over; looking rather angry.

Cosgrove: I have an opponent for you to warm up on.

MVP: I don't want no damn opponent, Charlie. You know damn well what I want, the Intercontinental Championship.

Cosgrove: You seem angry. Embarrassed about last night?

MVP: Cosgrove, ya saw it last night. It's pretty damn obvious ya did, it was Wrestlemania. Christian with his lil' smart-ass tactics, gettin' a fan involved, gettin' all in ma' face! He distracted me and cost me winning the Intercontinental Title. So I want a rematch. Tonight!

Cosgrove: Too bad. Get ready, your match is next.

Ringside

Mr. Kennedy's music hits and he comes out to a mixed reaction along with Ken Doane. The two slide into the ring looking rather confident. Kennedy has a microphone and looks to speak.

Kennedy: Ladies and Gentleman, from GREEN BAY, WISCONSIN! Misterrrrrrrrrr... Kennedy! and accompanying yours truly, from WORCESTER, MASSACHUSETTS! Ken Doane! From here on out, ladies and gentleman, we will be known simply, as.. 'Ken-Co'. The mixing of both Kens on the roster, both young, both athletic, both basically; talented. Boys and girls, you will witness us capture the WWE World Tag Team Championships and be remembered as the single-greatest tag team you will ever witness.

JR: Well, King, very confident the team of 'Ken-Co' appear.

King: Of course they are, that's very Kennedy-like; or should I say, Ken-like?

The Major Brothers' theme hits and they walk down to the ring.

JR: How do you think the debut of Ken-Co will pan out, King?

King: I'd be as confident as they are, JR. I think they'll get the win.

Match 2
The Major Brothers (Brian and Brett Major) vs. Ken-Co (Mr. Kennedy and Ken Doane)

Ken Doane starts off in the ring, as does Brett Major. The two lock-up in the middle of the ring before Doane quickly locks in an armtwist before elbowing the vulnerable arm of Major before whipping him to the ropes. Upon the rebound of Brett Major, Doane connects with a perfect dropkick to the face that knocks him off his feet and back down to the canvas. Doane cockily hooks the leg of the Major brother, 1...2, Brett kicks out. Doane gets back up to his feet and guides Ryder back up via his hair. He whips him to the corner in between Kennedy and Brett's brother and charges at him with a flying clothesline that connects. Brett Major slides down to the canvas as Doane casually strolls over to his corner and tags in his partner, Mr. Kennedy. Kennedy maintains the casual impression and simply strolls over to Brett Major who sits in the corner. Kennedy grabs the hair of Major and lines up for a right hand as he leans over him but is caught off-guard with a kick to the knee which knocks him off-balance momentarily. Brett Major pushes off the ropes to slide under Kennedy.

Major then takes advantage of the position and performs a sunset flip roll-up from the position, 1...2, Kennedy kicks out angrily. He rolls over to his knees and gets back up, as does Major. Brett blocks a right hand from Kennedy and catches him off-guard with a drop-toe-hold that forces Kennedy to face-plant on the canvas. Brett then tags in his brother, Brian. Brian quickly makes his way over to the fallen Kennedy and stomps away while he can but Kennedy soon gets on one knee and returns to a standing position. He performs a spear-like take-down on the Major brother and then unloads right hands to the face of Brian. The referee makes the disqualification count, 1...2...3... Kennedy halts the assault in the middle of the ring and gets back to his feet. He begins to measure Brian Major as he gradually stumbles back up to his feet. Major turns into Kennedy who lifts him up onto his shoulders in a fireman's carry position and looks to end it with the Green Bay Plunge. Major however, wriggles like crazy while on the shoulders of the loudmouth and lands behind.

Kennedy then falls victim to a dropkick from Major that nails him in the back of the head. He falls forward due to the impact and lands down on the canvas. Major then approaches his corner and tags in his brother. Brian however, stays in the ring and guides Kennedy back up to his feet. He restrains his arms back as Brett climbs the turnbuckles and reaches the top. Brett leaps off for a missile dropkick but Kennedy wriggles around, loosening the grip of Brian and then bends forward. Brett flies over Kennedy's back and takes his own brother out with a missile dropkick. Kennedy then quickly makes his way over to his corner and gets the tag on Doane. Doane charges in and performs a flying clothesline on a now standing Brett Major and takes him out. Doane then gets back up from the canvas and measures Brian. As Brian uses the ropes as leverage as he's on his knees, facing the crowd, Doane runs to the ropes behind him. He rebounds off and as Brian Major turns around, he greets him with a jumping high-angle elbow smash. Both Major brothers are laid out on the canvas.

Doane stands Brett, the legal man back up on his feet. As he groggily stumbles to the corner, Doane approaches his corner and tags Kennedy back in. Kennedy stands in the center of the ring while Doane whips Brett Major to the ropes and stands in front of Kennedy. Brett runs into Doane who lifts him up for a flapjack that guides him into Kennedy who finishes him off with a Mic Check while he's airborne. The Mic Check/Flapjack combination knocks Brett unconscious as Kennedy rolls him over..

Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase are seen walking down the ramp in their polo tops and jeans with their WWE World Tag Team Championships over their shoulders.

JR: Oh, and what would these two want? I think I have a fair idea, King.

.. Kennedy hooks the leg while looking up at the WWE World Tag Team Champions, 1...2...3

Winners - Ken-Co via Pinfall

Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase slide into the ring and look to pounce on Kennedy and Doane. They drop their titles and then trade blows in the ring with their potential tag title opponents. The WWE World Tag Team Champions begin to get the upper-hand when suddenly someone comes to make the save for Ken-Co, Dolph Ziggler! He runs down the ramp.

JR: Is that.. Dolph Ziggler?

King: Yes it is, JR! Who's he here to help?

Ziggler slides in and attacks Rhodes from behind with clubs to the back. He then throws Dusty Rhodes' son through the ropes and to the outside before turning and nailing a kick to the gut of DiBiase followed by the same fate as his partner Cody, the outside. Ziggler helps Kennedy and Doane up and offers a shaking of the hands, much to the shock of the crowd.

King: Is he serious? This isn't Dolph Ziggler!

Kennedy and Doane look at each other in confusion and salute him for the help with a nod of the head but exit the ring. Ziggler looks on not impressed.

Commercial Break

JR: Ladies and Gentleman, I've just received word that Evan Bourne will receive a rematch against Kofi Kingston at Backlash!

'I'm Comin' hits to boos as MVP walks down to the ring in an angry manner, looking on at the crowd on both sides. He enters the ring and awaits his opponent.

King: He doesn't look happy, JR.

JR: Well, to be honest, King. I haven't seen MVP 'happy' very often.

King: Who's his opponent going to be?

JR: Not even MVP knows.

'Alpha Male' hits to cheers as Monty Brown appears at the top of the ramp. He stands there staring at MVP before walking down the ramp.

King: I have a feeling MVP's going to take out all his aggression on, Monty Brown, JR.

JR: Don't discount Brown, King. Look at the size of him. His pure raw power is unbelievable.

Match 3
Monty Brown vs. MVP

Monty Brown does his signature jump onto the apron but a ferocious MVP lands a massive forearm to the face that knocks him off the apron and to the ground at ringside. MVP rolls out of the ring and immediately approaches Brown to stomp away at him while the referee makes the count, 1...2...3...4...5... Porter then rolls back into the ring while a weakened Brown battles to get back up to his feet. He eventually enters the ring for the first time in the match at the referee's count of 8. MVP hooks the leg as soon as he's in, 1... Brown kicks out powerfully. Porter guides him back up to his feet and cockily slaps Brown. Brown's face turns due to the impact but turns back unbelievably quick. He looks directly into the eyes of MVP with his wide open, expressing his anger at the disrespect. MVP then throws a right hand but Brown blocks it and lands vicious continuous right hands to the face of MVP before whipping him to the ropes. MVP rebounds off into a vicious clothesline that knocks him off his feet and down to the canvas. Brown awaits Porter to return to his feet.

MVP gets back to his feet and is greeted with a kick to the gut as soon as he reaches the vertical position. 'The Alpha Male' then takes advantage of MVP's bent forward position and looks to perform a one-armed swinging neckbreaker but MVP managed to push him away towards the ropes. Brown comes off the ropes and connects with a big boot from the short-tempered MVP. Brown stumbles groggily around on the same spot before Porter capitalizes and charges at him, only for Brown to duck and continue on to the opposite ropes. MVP rebounds off his ropes and as he rebounds, Brown does too and he connects with a deadly Pounce! MVP is knocked unconscious as Brown drags him to the center of the ring and covers him, 1...2...3

Winner - Monty Brown via Pinfall

King: And Monty Brown is successful in his first WWE RAW match!

Brown calls for a microphone through the ropes and receives one.

Brown: D-did you just see that?

Brown motions his hands in the direction of where the Pounce took place.

Brown: THE ALPHA MALE just proved exactly what he's capable of! World Wrestling Entertainment will never be the same! I'm gonna make one hell of a impact here! Even bigger than the one I just made on this idiot.

MVP is struggling back up after the Pounce when Brown refers to him.

Brown: People ask why I did what I did last night? It's because me and Charlie Cosgrove have something in common. We both wanna make an impact in this company and boy, has Monty Brown done that on his first night here! So lades, gentleman, let this sucker be an example of what's to come!

MVP attacks Brown from behind, forcing him to drop the microphone. MVP hammers away at 'The Alpha Male's back before getting back up and stomping away at the back of his head. The crowd boo him and give him heat, unaware that this just makes him want to release his rage even more due to his mental incapacity. He retrieves a steel chair from ringside and slides back in the ring. As Monty Brown staggers back up, he turns around into a chair shot to the head from MVP that knocks him down to the canvas. Porter throws the chair on the ground and leaves the ring. The crowd give heat as he walks back up the ramp.

JR: Good lord!

Commercial Break

'Don't Waste My Time' hits as Mr. Money in the Bank, Elijah Burke makes his way down to the ring with a cocky smile on his face. He enters the ring in his tracksuit with the briefcase in his hand. He maintains the cocky smile as he lifts a microphone up to his mouth.

Burke: I am Mr. Money in the Bank.

Burke maintains the cocky smile on his face.

Burke: By outlasting five other men last night in one of the most dangerous matches in our history, the ladder match, I captured the Money in the Bank briefcase. Now I don't know about you guys, but to me, that proves that I'm obviously a more superior caliber then pretty much all of the roster. I hold this briefcase with a contract in it which will soon make me a world champion. Basically, I'm better than 99% of you back there..

'Just Close Your Eyes (Remix)' hits to a massive pop as Intercontinental Champion Christian appears at the top of the ramp in his usual casual clothes, shaking his head with a smile on his face; obviously disagreeing. He walks down to the ramp and enters the ring, joining Burke.

Christian: You think you're better than everyone back there?

Burke: Yeah, I do.

Christian: Well, Elijah, let me put a little challenge towards you. Because, quite frankly, you intrigue me. You intrigue me with how someone can be so stupid! You know it's all going to go downhill saying something stupid like that. We've all seen it in the past; the young, cocky, arrogant young gun comes out; all pumped up, loving himself and claims he's better than everyone.. Then gets his ass kicked!

Burke: I don't know who you think you are, but I'm not your 'average cocky young gun' I'm a one and only, I'm Elijah Burke and I know what I'm talking about.

Christian: Is that right? Well, how about I put forward that little challenge I was talking about. You're so much better, how about you put that thing there in your hand on the line tonight?

Christian points at the Money in the Bank briefcase.

Burke: Are you kidding? What have you done that makes you even think you deserve to face me?

Christian: Well, buddy. I've made a name for myself in this business and I have this little thing on my shoulder here.

Burke: Speaking of 'that little thing on your shoulder', how about we make things a little bit more interesting? A 'Winner Takes All' Match. You put that on the line and I put this on the line. What do you think? Later on tonight?

Christian: You're on. However, allow me to warn you. Since I think you're too cocky for your own good and to be honest, I don't like you. I'm going to kick your ass beyond recognition tonight, and there's nothing you can do about it because, that's how I roll!

Christian drops the microphone and exits the ring with his Intercontinental Championship over his shoulder.

King: Well what a match that's going to be, JR! A 'Winner Takes All' Match where either Christian or Elijah Burke will hold both the Intercontinental Championship and the Money in the Bank briefcase!

JR: Indeed, King and ladies and gentleman, we have just received word that the the first match for Backlash has been announced. Montel Vontavious Porter will be facing 'The Alpha Male' Monty Brown in a Street Fight!

King: After tonight, I'm sure Monty Brown will be seeking vicious revenge on MVP, JR.

JR: And if I was MVP, I'd be shaking in my boots!

Commercial Break

Backstage

The camera pans around a corner where it shows CM Punk and Ron Killings trading words with a small crowd of backstage workers and superstars watching.

Punk: What you did last night was disgusting and showed what a pathetic piece of trash you are! I would have stood by Shane McMahon but after your actions last night, it's pretty obvious that you had something to do with Mr. McMahon's latest issues and that's the reason I helped out last night. As well as the fact that he promised me a reward better than the Money in the Bank. He was still under contract when he gave me the reward, therefore it's still valid. Killings, basically, you showcased how pathetic you are last night.

Killings: Who the hell 'you think you are, dog?! You and I know damn well that I'm innocent and I had nothin' to do with whatever happened that night!

Punk: Don't even try to argue with someone obviously superior and more knowledgeable than your ghetto-ass.

Killings: Who the hell..

Punk throws a vicious right hand to the face of Killings that knocks him back. Punk then leaps forward and unloads numerous more vicious shots to the face of Killings while sitting on top of him. People call security over as Punk grabs Killings by his hair to guide him up and then throw him into a vending machine, smashing through the glass. People call security and EMT people over as Punk kneels beside the unconscious and bloody Killings and looks up at the camera.

Punk: And this, ladies and gentleman, is what happens when you try and argue with someone superior than you. Get used to it, it's the way this society works.

Punk spits on the back of Killings before getting back up to two feet and walking off as a crowd of people look on in shock at Killings.

Ringside

JR: Good lord!

King: What on earth is CM Punk thinking? He's crazy!

JR: And what's that promise or reward Shane McMahon gave Punk at Wrestlemania?

King: Only time will tell..

'Voices' hits to boos as the WWE World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton appears at the top of the ramp in a black button-up shirt along with jeans and his championship over his shoulder. He walks down the ramp slowly, looking around at the crowd; before entering the ring with a microphone.

Orton: Ladies and Gentleman.. You all saw, you all witnessed, you all watched me pin John Cena in the middle of the ring at Wrestlemania 25 to become the first WWE World Heavyweight Champion. I have cemented myself in the history as the greatest and there's nothing you can say or do to deny that fact. However, we don't need to go into my accomplishments as I'm sure you're all aware that I'm correct. There's something more important I need to address. I'm going to need protection as champion. As it's obvious that everyone's going to be coming after me, trying to dethrone me of my WWE World Heavyweight Championship. It's highly unlikely that anyone's capable of dethroning me but I have to be careful as even the impossible can happen in this business. In regards to my protection, I'm going to be looking for people who have similar attributes and mindsets to me. I'm putting you all on notice, I'm looking..

'Voices' hits as the WWE World Heavyweight Champion makes his way up the ramp backstage.

King: Could we see Randy Orton form an alliance with members of the RAW roster in the coming weeks?

JR: It's quite a possibility, King and no doubt they'll be trained with Orton's mindset, which isn't necessarily a good thing.

Backstage

Christian is seen in his entrance attire walking backstage towards the ring warming himself up with his Intercontinental Championship around his waist.

JR: The 'Winner Takes All' Match for Elijah Burke's Money in the Bank briefcase and Christian's Intercontinental Championship, next!

Commercial Break

'Don't Waste My Time' hits to boos as Elijah Burke makes his way down to the ring with his Money in the Bank briefcase.

JR: He was cocky, he was confident and Christian wanted to take him up on his claims. One of these men is going to lose it all. Who's it going to be?

King: It's pretty evenly matched, they're both damn good. I think Christian will just get up though, King.

'Just Close Your Eyes' hits to cheers as the Intercontinental Champion Christian walks down the ramp sporting his championship.

JR: He's loved by the fans, King and having them behind you can really lift you.

Main Event
Winner Takes All Match
Intercontinental Championship and Money in the Bank Briefcase

Christian vs. Elijah Burke

The referee holds up the title and the briefcase as the crowd cheer in anticipation. Christian looks over to Burke with a cocky smile on his face, trying to get in the head of his opponent. Burke shows frustration towards the fact that his opponent isn't as intimidated as he would have hoped. He moves in towards the center of the ring and Christian does the same. The two lock-up in the center of the ring. Christian and Burke do not budge and as each man struggles, neither gains an inch on the other. The two men then simultaneously release their hold of the other and attempt to restart a lock-up but Burke is quicker than Christian and unloads a cocky slap to the face. Christian continues looking in the direction his face was hit but then replies with a right hand but Burke's past amateur boxing skills shine through and he ducks the right before driving a vicious right hand of his own to the face of Christian that knocks him backwards groggily to the ropes where he leans on to recover. Burke charges at the now vulnerable Intercontinental Champion.

Christian however, manages to stick a boot out that connects with the face of Burke, interrupting his attempt at attacking Christian. Christian charges forward with a clothesline that knocks Burke down. He continues on to the ropes opposite and rebounds off them with another clothesline that knocks the recovered Burke back down to the canvas. The Intercontinental Champion awaits Burke to return to his feet and attempts a whip to the ropes but the former amateur boxer reverses the maneuver and Christian is sent to the ropes. Christian comes off them and is greeted with a clothesline from the young cocky Elijah Burke. Mr. Money in the Bank looks down at the fallen Christian before stomping away at the back of his head, forcing him to turn over to prevent anymore punishment. Burke then sits over him and grabs his head in order to guide his right hands to the face. The referee restrains Burke and forces him back up to his feet. Burke measures the Intercontinental Champion as he gets back up to his feet. Burke guides Christian over towards him.

Christian receives a kick to the gut before being locked in a front-facelock that transitions into a suplex that Burke nails perfectly. Elijah Burke immediately follows the suplex up with a hook of the leg, 1...2, Christian kicks out. Burke guides Christian back up to his feet and whips him to the corner. He approaches Christian, whose back crashes into the turnbuckles and unloads some right hands to the face before grabbing him by the tights and lifting him up to the top rope. Mr. Money in the Bank sets 'Captain Charisma' up for a superplex and looks to try and follow through with the maneuver but Christian fights back with right hands to the abdomen of Burke and looks to escape the powerful move but Burke still manages to hold on and tries to leap back with it in a fast motion but Christian keeps his feet under the corner turnbuckle and both men are still stuck up there. Christian then lands a forearm to the face of Burke that knocks him groggy and almost makes him fall backwards down to the canvas. Christian then grabs Burke and puts him in a front facelock.

Christian then lifts Burke up and nails an inverted suplex slam that brings Burke down to the canvas face-first before bouncing back up and rolling onto his back. Christian taunts the crowd as he begins to get on two feet at the top of the turnbuckles before leaping off with a frogsplash that connects. Christian hooks the leg after landing and the referee makes the count, 1...2... Burke kicks out! Christian punches the canvas in frustration before getting back up to his feet and measuring Burke. As Burke struggles back up to his feet, Christian begins to position himself for the Killswitch and looks to have Burke set up and twists him around to the front and it looks bad for Burke but he manages to fight back and reverse it around bringing Christian back to the beginning of the predicament. Burke pushes Christian to the ropes and upon the rebound, Christian ducks a clothesline attempt from Burke and stops behind him before nailing a falling inverted DDT that drives him down to the canvas. Christian makes his way over and hooks the leg of Burke, 1...2... Burke kicks out again!

Christian gets back up and signals to the crowd for it to be 'all over'. He measures Mr. Money in the Bank as he struggles back up to his feet. Burke stumbles forward into the ropes where he puts his hands out to regain his balance and then turns around into 'Captain Charisma' who kicks him in the gut before setting him up for the Killswitch but Burke manages to land a quick poke to the eyes of Christian which temporarily blinds him and leaves him vulnerable. Burke detains the referee's attention from Christian via pointing out a fictional injury. He points to his right arm, forcing the referee's vision to be restricted to the right and away from Christian. Burke then casually lands a kick to the groin of Christian and 'miraculously' recovers from his injury and whips Christian to the corner where he immediately follows up with an Elijah Express after pulling his knee-pads down. Christian slides down to the canvas as the crowd boo. Elijah Burke then hooks the leg confidently, 1...2...3

Winner and New Intercontinental Champion and Mr. Money in the Bank - Elijah Burke via Pinfall

JR: What?! No! No!

King: Christian's lost his Intercontinental Title!

JR: All because Burke gave him a kick below the belt! That's why!

King: Well we have a new Intercontinental Champion!

Elijah Burke holds up the Intercontinental Championship up with both hands before then lifting up his Money in the Bank briefcase.

'Made You Look' by Nas hits as Charlie Cosgrove stands at the top of the ramp.

Cosgrove: Nope.

Cosgrove has a cheeky smile on his face.

Cosgrove: I'm sorry, but seriously, you screwed Christian, you really screwed him over. He lost what he had, so, how about the tables turn and you have to defend what you have. That little briefcase, Elijah, it's only fair.

The crowd cheer for Cosgrove.

Cosgrove: Restart the match!

Burke is in shock, looking around with his eyes wide open. The bell is rung.

Main Event Restarted
Money in the Bank Briefcase

A weakened Christian stumbles back to the corner turnbuckles and Burke looks to try and end the match up quickly and charges into the corner for a sudden Elijah Express but Christian moves! Burke crashes into the turnbuckles and stumbles around out of the corner. Christian sets him up for the Killswitch and nails it! Christian hooks the leg of Mr. Money in the Bank, 1...2...3

Winner and New Mr. Money in the Bank - Christian via Pinfall

JR: He did it! Christian won the Money in the Bank Briefcase thanks to a little help from Charlie Cosgrove!

King: There's been a switch-up here, JR! Burke's without his briefcase and Christian's without his Intercontinental Championship!

JR: Yes, but I think Cosgrove intended for that to happen when he saw that Elijah Burke screwed Christian over. He wanted to screw Burke over.

Christian is left in the ring celebrating with his briefcase until 'Metalingus' hits to boos as his brother walks down the ramp and enters the ring.

JR: Oh no.

Edge and Christian stand opposite each other, looking the other in the eyes. The atmosphere created by the crowd is unbelievable. Neither man moves until Edge finally breaks the stillness. 'I want that.' you can read his lips as he points to the briefcase in his brother's possession on his side. Christian smirks and then shakes his head before turning around to walk out. Edge looks infuriated and we see vintage psychotic Edge who sprints pasts his brother and rebounds off the ropes that face his brother and brings him down with a vicious spear! The crowd give unbelievable heat as Edge stands over his fallen brother; his hair being pulled back with his eyes wide open. He rolls out of the ring and retrieves a chair from ringside before rolling back into a ring filled with hatred from the crowd. He grabs the briefcase that his brother just won and places it under his head. The crowd boo religiously as Edge then holds the steel chair up above his head as he stands to the side of Christian's head that lies on the briefcase. Edge then unleashes a chair shot to the head of Christian, connecting with a Con-Chair-To with the briefcase. The crowd is deafening as Edge continues to drive the chair down, busting his brother open as he looks down watching his own blood run from the head of his brother. 'You shouldn't have come back to MY company! This is MY show! Security sprints down the ramp and enters the ring to restrain 'The Rated R Superstar' as we go to a commercial.

Commercial Break

We return from the break with Charlie Cosgrove standing in the ring.

JR: If you're just joining us.. I don't even have words to describe what we just witnessed. Just roll the footage..

A 'Before the Commercial' video package plays.

Cosgrove: Now, ladies and gentleman, this gives me great honor to host the Shawn Michaels Retirement Tribute. I have been a fan of this man ever since I first saw him perform in a ring. I would like to first invite the man out to the ring.. Ladies and gentleman, 'The Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels.

'Sexy Boy' hits to a thunderous standing ovation as Shawn Michaels, his wife Rebecca and children Cameron and Cheyenne walk down the ramp with a smiling Charlie Cosgrove standing in the ring. He greets each member of the family with a handshake.

Cosgrove: Why not kick it off with a look back at perhaps one of the greatest careers in the history of professional-wrestling.

A video package airs highlighting the illustrious career of Shawn. At the conclusion of the package the crowd applaud.

Cosgrove: Is there something you want to say, Shawn?

Michaels accepts the microphone from Cosgrove.

Michaels: On behalf of myself, and my family, I would like to thank every single one of you. All of you who were behind me at the beginning, in the middle or at the end; from when I had my problems, to when I overcame them. It has been my pleasure to perform in front of you over my long career but a man knows when it's time to give it away and I thought, what better place than my home state? I thank every single one of you.

Michaels returns the microphone to Cosgrove.

Cosgrove: And now, this is my personal favorite part..

Christian suddenly flies across the ramp in his ambulance bed, a bloody mess with Edge chasing after it followed by numerous security guards.

Cosgrove: WHAT THE F.. HELL ARE YOU DOING?!

Michaels and his family look on in shock, Shawn soon covers the eyes of his kids as his wife turns them around along with herself. Cosgrove warns them to stay there and not to worry.

As the security guards get closer to Edge who is at the top of the stage viciously attacking his own brother, CM Punk comes out of nowhere from behind and takes out one with a steel chair before throwing a chair at one and nailing a kick into the chair that knocks the other down. Randy Orton comes out with his WWE World Heavyweight Championship and takes out numerous security guards as Punk and Orton then go over and help Edge with an arena full of boos and hatred. Edge turns to them and yells, 'He knows about some of it!'

Cosgrove: YOU'VE ALL RUINED IT! LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!

An uncontrollable amount of security guards soon emerge and restrain all three men as RAW goes off the air..

BacklashPoster.png

Confirmed Backlash Card

Street Fight
Monty Brown vs. MVP

Evan Bourne vs. Kofi Kingston

*Card subject to change

LAURINAITIS33

Reaction score
My review

There is nothing to criticize about your writing style. The promos and matches flow together good and do their jobs helping the storylines along.
Your layout is easy to read which is always a big plus.

The show itself kicked off fast with Cena, Edge, HHH and Batista in the ring to debate about who will face Orton. But for me it had no ending and it was forgotten by the end of the night because nothing else happened with it. I was figuring that it would have had something built off it. It just seemed that the opening promo was forgotten during the rest of the show.

A great match to start off the night with Bourne and Kofi with a surprise heel turn maybe by Kingston when he attacks Bourne after fending off Shelton. I'm big myself on Kingston and any kind of in-depth character for him is a great move.

A strong debut for Ken-Co as they really have potential as a team. The Majors did their job by losing but I didn't like having two run-ins in the first two matchups. Ziggler coming out though to help Ken-Co kind of takes away their momentum for winning their first match as they already look weaker than the champs by needing saved.

A new feud for MVP with Monty Brown is a good way to bring "The Alpha Male" back but once again a dose of after-match attacks sour it for me. I would have just rather had a face-off between the two arguing after the match as MVP was upset about the outcome.

The whole Burke/Christian was great at first but disappointed me with Cosgrove coming out and restarting the match alllowing Cage to win the MITB. I was intrigued to think of Burke on that level instead of the usual suspects. But Cage winning led to bigger things which ends up alright.

The Killings saga moves on as now Punk turns heelish. Punk as a heel is something I really likeas he has more potential that way, I believe.

The ending was great with the whole Edge attack on Christian and then them coming back to ruin HBK's retirement ceremony. Orton and Punk coming out to fend off security has me kinda of lost as Edge was gunning for Orton at the beginning of night. It seems that the World Champion is helping somebody else but the champ I think should be looking out for himself. If someone like Cena, Batista or HHH came out, Orton would have been perfect to join in. I think the main reason behind this was to allow HBK to come back with a purpose.

Overall the show itself was good but I think it had too many run-ins as every match had something afterwards. Also I think the whole opening promo was lost as nothing else happened. You have some interesting ideas and I will be reading again.

seX-Power

My Raw Review for CT:

Opening Promo- Well Cena starts off good and suddenly we get Edge in the picture, and before you know it HHH and Batista follow and are all in character for their lines. Cosgrove's plans for Backlash could be anything really. I feel this promo could have been really good if it had gone longer with each man's respective lines, but instead it was only average.

Bourne v Kingston- I expect this to be a very good match and hope this isn't their only encounter. The match is very intense off the bat with action that never really halts. The tease of the Cyclorama is pretty epic and the finish was fairly standard and a good way to have Kofi pick up the win. Shelton's run in is a good way to get him heat but this big shock is Kofi attacking Bourne again and effecitvely turning heel, though I expect a promo to explain this next week. Ripping off the headband could mean a gimmick change for Kofi, and it has me interested.

MVP Backstage- Solid two lines and he has his standard whine, and I wonder what the match could be later. Well it's not next is it now.

Ken-Co v Majors- Kennedy's promo is a little short but it did what needed in intorducing the team. As for the match, it put them over as you would expect and was basically a squashed, but I liked the casual demeanor they expressed. Nice finisher for Ken-Co and I hope you do something with the Majors besides jobbing and maybe a heel turn would do good for them. Well after the match Priceless walk down and start the brawl and then Dolph Ziggler shockingly walks out to help the apparent faces. Well this leaves Ken-Co looking like tweeners and Ziggler looking a little depressed. Intriguing angle.

MVP v Brown- Bourne/Kingston for Backlash should be good but maybe you should have saved the PPV announcement for next week in a proper promo to make it seem more special. Well sadly this was a squash and being Monty's first match it's understandible but I feel MVP could be utilized better than this, and maybe the mentally unstable gimmick aint so good for him. You put over the Pounce well in and afetr the match. MVP attacking him resotres his credibility to an extent and this could be a good feud. However, I feel there's been a lot of attacks so far tonight.

Burke/Christian- This was a very good promo and gave us a nice taste of Elijah as MITB but I still feel he's not high enough for that position. Christian's lines were good as teh cocky face and you set up a big match very nicely, although they may as well have had it there and then. And again, with MVP and Monty's match being announced so suddenly it takes away from what could be a good promo or challenge, especially if it's going to be a street fight.

Punk/Killings- Alright way to feature Punk and put him over as not only a cunning heel but also a very burtal heel. Killings was in character which is just stereotypical black tbh. You're also overdoing it with the attacks/brawls.

Orton Promo- Another good promo with Orton putting over his win and then teasing an alliance, and I wonder who it could be. I am interested, maybe you'll bring Rated RKO back.

Burke v Christian- I'm surprised at such a big match being featured on Raw. It features some good solid action and I like how both men are cocky throughout the match. There's some good action but especially good selling and description which is something I need to work on. The ending seems a bit off as the groin-kick spot with the ref probably wouldn't have worked irl. Burke won? Wow. Wait no, Cosgrove comes out and in a great twist he restarts the match and Christian wins the MITB briefcase! A big shock, and I'm undecided on whether I liked that angle. And there's more, as Edge comes out and deliveres a brutal beatdown on his brother that doesn't seem to epic and brutal due to being the 78th brawl on the show. Brother v brother should be a very good feud. Great match/angle overall.

HBK's retirement- Well we start things off very properly and nicely with HBK making a little speech to bid farewell to the audience and he could have really said more. And WTF? Christian comes flying out half dead with Edge, Orton and Punk in pursuit? Could this be the alliance Orton was talking about? And what's with that thing Edge sadi to finish? Great ending that leaves you asking a lot of questions.

Altogether a good show, with matches described well and promos being solid if not a little short. My only problems are that every promo opr match seemingly stemmed to a brawl, and having 10 beatdowns on one show makes them not seem like big deals. Also, the opener went absolutely nowhere so I don't see the point of that promo. The angle with Chrisitan/Elijah also seemed a little rushed. Enjoyable show overall.

CT Styles

Monday Night RAW Official Preview
Live Mondays 9/8 CT on the USA Network

This edition of Monday Night RAW comes to you LIVE from Kansas City in the Kemper Arena!

After last week's shocking Main Event which saw a switching of Christian and Elijah Burke's prized possessions, CM Punk has officially sent out a challenge to new Intercontinental Champion, Elijah Burke. Punk claims that he wants Intercontinental Championship around his waist and has expressed his want to battle Elijah Burke for it at Backlash. The vicious attack Punk unleashed on Ron Killings last week will surely make Elijah Burke think twice as to whether he wants to accept the challenge. What will the new Intercontinental Champion reply with? Despite the fact Christian now holds the Money in the Bank briefcase, he is said to still be in hospital recovering from the vicious attack at the hands of his own brother as well as Randy Orton and CM Punk.

On the topic of the attack, last week, prior to the unleashing of a psychotic Edge on his brother, Christian, there was a holding of a farewell tribute to Shawn Michaels which was interrupted. With General Manager Charlie Cosgrove hosting the ceremony, he was furious with what unfolded and wants to speak to the three perpetrators in WWE Champion Randy Orton, Edge and CM Punk. Cosgrove claims that they need a punishment and they will meet with him in the middle of the ring not only for interrupting the ceremony but for the assault on Christian who is in a hospital bed suffering in a coma. When visiting 'Captain Charisma' someone allegedly found a piece of paper resting on his body with a stamp on it showing this symbol; the same has been said for Ron Killings' body though, witnesses say Punk had nothing to do with the paper as they saw him leave the premises and there was no paper in possession.

Due to Chris Jericho being unable to address the crowd last week, he will now perform what he intended this week. He is said to be wanting to comment on the future of Chris Jericho.

A decision is said to be made by General Manager Charlie Cosgrove concerning the WWE Championship scene for Backlash. It is now official that Randy Orton will be defending the coveted WWE Championship in a Five Man match! John Cena, Triple H, Edge and Batista will all be facing 'The Legend Killer' and WWE Champion Randy Orton in a Five-Man Free-For-All Match at Backlash! Orton is said to be furious about what Cosgrove is doing and will be confronting him, most likely when he is punished for the actions last week performed by himself alongside Edge and CM Punk.

Ken-Co started their career as a tag-team successfully last week and will team up to face Dolph Ziggler and The Brian Kendrick. Ziggler was visibly disappointed and angered at the fact Kennedy and Doane refused a handshake from Ziggler last week on RAW. Ziggler has found a partner in The Brian Kendrick and wants vengeance for last week. Again, no doubt Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase will be observing this match. In regards to the WWE Tag Team Champions they have allegedly shown interest in Randy Orton's intentions to find 'protection' as well as others to groom into someone like the WWE Champion. They will be approaching Orton at RAW after their match with Cryme Tyme, what could the outcome be?

Montel Vontavious Porter has expressed his admiration for Kofi Kingston's performance and has booked himself a match against Evan Bourne to once again make an example out of him. He claims that Bourne is a little man in a big man's world messing with the wrong people. Kofi Kingston has also been announced to face Shelton Benjamin!

All the members of Backlash's massive main event will be present on the show and are expected to take part in some sort of action!

Confirmed Card
CM Punk challenges Elijah Burke to put his newly won Intercontinental Championship on the line at Backlash!
Charlie Cosgrove looks to punish WWE Champion Randy Orton, Edge and CM Punk!
Ken-Co faces Dolph Ziggler and The Brian Kendrick!
Chris Jericho addresses the fans!
MVP looks to assault Evan Bourne even more than last week!
Kofi Kingston battles Shelton Benjamin!
WWE Tag Team Champions Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase take on Cryme Tyme in a non-title match!

Evil Austin

Raw thoughts and preview comments

CM Punk should get a match with Elijah Burke as these two young superstars can put on an amazing contest; along with Christian vs. Edge at the PPV
Pretty strange stuff with the paper; I have no clue what is going on but hopefuly you are going to debut someone with that sort of tatoo just can't put my finger on to who it is? maybe Joe?

Jericho should be in the tag team division, the mid card is stacked and so is the main event with the likes of Orton, Batista, HHH, Edge & Cena.

I still think it's going to turn out to be an Elimination Chamber match at the end of things with Punk in the mix (if he isn't already in the five man match)

MVP for a face turn ~! helps Kofi out, shows some respect for him etc.

*About the confirmed card*
Main Event will probably be the punishment with Punk, Edge & Orton vs. HHH Cena & Batista (or Christian here even though you say he is in a coma, there is a chance I mean it woudl make sense)
Ken & Co will probably win not sure why I dunno you may want to push them
MVP shall leave him in a bloody mess, leads to a match at Backlash between the two
Kofi > Benjamin
Crime Time > Priceless for some apparanet reason not sure why really

Looks great, Ill be sure to give a read, if you haven't already feel free to give me SmackDown a read if you have some spare time. Would be great; thanks alot and ill be popping in when it's posted.

seX-Power

I think that shockingly Burke may decline the challenge and then something later on will make the match happen. Christian could be out for a long time imo, and I think that he could make a shock return to cash in MITB which would be really cool. I don't know what the symbol could be but I'm leaning towards the S standing for Samoa and having you introduce Umaga or Samoa Joe into your BTB. Hopefully Jericho turns heel in his promo, I think I said that last week as well. The 5 Man match is a good way to make something of the promo last week but maybe Cosgrove could have announced it at the end of Raw amidst the chaos. Should be a great chaotic match. I don't know what's going on with Ken-Co and Ziggler but I expect Dolph and Kendrick to get a surprise victory over the Kens. I don't know how Priceless will fit into this but either way thery will go over Cryme Tyme. Hopefully you have MVP go psycho and beat the shit out of Bourne, and then start some sort of Alliance with Kofi adn possibly Shelton Benjamin as well. They're all black so it could work.

Show looks great, I'll be reading.