WEC 53: Henderson vs. Pettis

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
I think its because for some reason they are still pushing Punk way hard....I think someone else needs an opportunity. But I am enjoying the Balls/Miz angle. Wonder where Kelly Kelly is gonna figure into it. But this is the first time I watched ECW so I may be off base as far as the way their angles work.

Great One

Why doesn't Kelly align herself to someone important... Like ELIJAH BURKE. Or CM Punk, or even Kevin Thorne and turn her gothic so he can have his manager back and be interesting to the casual fan again.

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score
Why can't we have some kind of Tournament for the right to be No. 1 Contender, and in the final stage we see Punk vs. Burke. They battle it out for 15-20 minutes, and just as Punk is gaining the advantage, Big Daddy V runs out and starts beating down Punk, before Boogey runs out and saves him.

Then those two battle it out through the crowd or to the back, and we have our ECW GM Armando Estrada declare that at Unforgiven/No Mercy/SS (Which time this may happen), we will have a Triple Threat for the ECW World Title...

dstebbins

Reaction score
Damn that was awesome.

Not only did CM Punk FINALLY win the title (it's about damn time), but he did it in a fucking awesome match. This is the kind of match I'd expect only on a PPV, and a TNA PPV at that.

As Ron Simmons would say, DAMN!

Hitman

Reaction score
Classic match & like you say finally he won the ECW World Championship

Enigma22

Reaction score
that was probably the new ecw's best match yet.

Travis40

I hate to be biased....but this blew Hard Justice matches out of the water...this was just awesome...great ring action...some good mixed high flying skills and just good pure wrestling...I was pleased by this match and I am going out and saying this was ECW's MOTY

dstebbins

Reaction score
I didnt see it. I will watch the replays. But if it is this good, too bad it was on such bad pretences...

I don't think ECW has a replay show, but I could be wrong.

And what do you mean by "bad pretences?"

!All Blacks!

Reaction score
cm punk finally gets the title!

so c m punk finally gets the ecw title. good for him. only took him 4 dam trys!

TheAnswer

Reaction score
I think this Punk/Morrison match was one of the matches of the year for wwe. I just wish I didn't know who was going to win..........Would have made the match even better.

dstebbins

Reaction score
so c m punk finally gets the ecw title. good for him. only took him 4 dam trys!

The same could be said for Batista against King Booker, or Cena against Edge. I don't see you bitching about those times, do I?

Btw, you can curse as much as you want here; you don't have to censor damn. You don't even have to censor fuck, shit, or bitch.

dstebbins

Reaction score
If I may change the subject a little bit (if I were to create a new thread it would just get merged with this one), I have a good idea on how WWE can make the ECW title an official world heavyweight title, because right now, even the TNA title is officially more prestigious than the ECW title (I say "official" loosely because there's no full-fledged "official" standard, but PWI is close enough).

Have the Royal Rumble 08 winner go after the ECW Championship. Having the ECW World Title contested in the main event at WrestleMania 24 would practically force PWI to give the ECW Title official World Heavyweight status (they don't break kayfabe, so it should be rather easy if my plan is done).

Who's in?

3lions

Reaction score
No. ECW doesn't deserve to ME Mania. That honour will go to Edge/Undertaker for the World Title, imo.

Fatal 55

Reaction score
If I may change the subject a little bit (if I were to create a new thread it would just get merged with this one), I have a good idea on how WWE can make the ECW title an official world heavyweight title, because right now, even the TNA title is officially more prestigious than the ECW title (I say "official" loosely because there's no full-fledged "official" standard, but PWI is close enough).

Have the Royal Rumble 08 winner go after the ECW Championship. Having the ECW World Title contested in the main event at WrestleMania 24 would practically force PWI to give the ECW Title official World Heavyweight status (they don't break kayfabe, so it should be rather easy if my plan is done).

Who's in?

No Offence... but it's a horrible idea! Why would you waste the royal rumble by giving it to some1 in the "Third" brand...

IMO i'd rather the ECW title lose the "World" title status because when Punk or Morrison finnaly win the WWE or World Titles on Smackdown or Raw... It would mean a whole lot more! But now when they win it it won't mean as much because they are allready former "World" Champions on ECW!

ECW Doesn't need to be on the same level as Raw or Smackdown, it's a developmental brand so what's the point?!?