WEC 53: Henderson vs. Pettis

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

dstebbins

Reaction score
it's a developmental brand

I guess that explains why, prior to his death, Chris Benoit was transfered there!

what's the point?

Well, for starters, ECW is my personal favorite WWE brand, because most of the guys who get pushed on that show can actually wrestle worth a shit! (Lashley is roided up, yes, but at least he has some legitimate athletic ability). The only NECW (New ECW) Champion that was Khaliish or Cenaish was Big Show.

Second, the ECW Title is supposed to be as prestigious as the Raw and Smackdown Titles. That's why Lashley lined up along with Cena and Batista when Taker chose his WrestleMania opponent. Did you see the IC or US champs present? No. In kayfabe, ECW Title = World Heavyweight Title = WWE Title.

Now, if we could just make that official...

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
I just recently began watching ECW and can honestly say that for being the "third" brand I have been pretty impressed. I didnt really care for the Morrison/Punk angle but Im not happy with the Khali angle either. Theres alot of decent storylines in the works and I am waiting to see where they will lead to.

LKP

I say ecw could over take smcakdown as the number 2 brand. I mean they got the talent its just up to the wrestlers and bookers now. Cm punks win should elavate his status and ecw's. By the way does anybody know that damn new ecw song yet? Its a good song which i think is drowning pool but iam not sure.

Soulpower

Actually, they don't have the talent. Hell, look at Punk's possible challengers. Big Daddy V (UGH!), Elijah Burke (they've feuded for most of the year), Kevin Thorn and Cor Von once he returns. Their roster is just too thin to compete with the other two brands at the moment.

dstebbins

Reaction score
Actually, they don't have the talent. Hell, look at Punk's possible challengers. Big Daddy V (UGH!), Elijah Burke (they've feuded for most of the year), Kevin Thorn and Cor Von once he returns. Their roster is just too thin to compete with the other two brands at the moment.

Also...

The Miz
Tommy Dreamer
Ballz Mahoney
The Boogeyman
And any other guys that get traded (Jeff Hardy for ECW Champ, anyone?)

And as far as the opening song goes, I think they should go back to "Let the bodies hit the floor."

Reaction score
look personaly i feel ECW is good but it needs more Extreme Rules matches or a Stairway to Hell match or even a Barbwire match to bring it back to ECW 1992-2001 status and for estrada to b gm is just stupid.You need someone lke Mick Foley,Eric Bischoff,Shane McMahon etc etc.Plus the Ecw roster is too small u need The Hardy Boyz,Joey Matthews,Christian York,Colt Cabana,Ace Steel,Melina to pump things up and then u also need 3 more titles.The ECW TV Title,The ECW Tag Titles and The Hardcore Championship should all be defended on ECW and Vince should try and get a 2 hour time slot and a bigger roster before it will be better.

LKP

"Dont doubt the fire that burns in me,dont doubt the fire that burns inside". Those are the lyrics for the new ecw theme song. I need to knoww hat song it is and who sings it i love it. Can anybody help me?

-TJ-

ok the Hibbe fan

ECW needs a lowercard title (ECW T.V. Championship) and ECW needs tag team titles. ECW needs a bigger roster but a few names you suggested might be unavailable. Now for the Extreme. Vince is a buissness man but even he wouldn't do a stairway to hell match did you see the stairway to hell match between Sabu and Sandman? How much you wanna bet a few ECW fans stop watching because that was too graphic.

Vince doesn't want that happening. Vince still is bringing Extreme Rules but he doesn't want ECW guys getting hurt. ECW's roster is already to thin and i haven't seen: RVD, Nunzio, and Mike Knox in a while. Now you remember how good ECW was back then? All the shows were 1 hour long if you were watching it on T.V.

3lions

Reaction score
RVD has left WWE ... surely you knew that???
As for Mike Knox ... watch ECW tonight.

LKP

Yeah mr knox about time i say. A match with big daddy will be interesting. Plus i have finally found out who sings the new ecw theme song. Its a guy called Kyle Morrison and the song is called "Don't Question My Heart". He is from a band called Shattersphere. There is not however a download for it:(. Maybe it will be on the wwe cd coming out next year. But at least i know now who sings it.

-TJ-

Knox is coming back? RVD still has contract with WWE atleast that's what i think until i see a headline in wwe.com or any other wrestling forum that says "RVD has been released by WWE." Then i will say RVD can't be one of those guys.

dstebbins

Reaction score
Guys, I'm worried about CM Punk's title reign. We all know he deserves it, but I'm beginning to wonder if it's just going to be a transition reign.

Last night, in his tag team match against Burke and Thorn, Punk got the pin (I didn't see who he pinned, but I heard his music playing when the pin was counted). That means he has all the kayfabe momentum going into his match at Unforgiven, and anyone who knows jack about wrestling knows that means he's likely going to loose. If he does, it's really going to suck monkey balls, because Punk deserves a long, credible title reign of at least four months.

Any thoughts?

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I doubt Punk will lose to Burke, but it seems logical that he will lose to Morrison when he gets back.

LKP

^^^Which pisses me off cause a guy gets suspended for 30 days for wellingness policy yet he comes back and wins it back? I find that bullshit and cm punk has worked much harder than nirto got get where he is at.