WEC 53: Henderson vs. Pettis

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

OrtonIsGod

Reaction score
Why do you hate Morrison so much? Is it just because he was on steroids, or because you don't like him as a performer?

I feel like he is the best option as ECW champ and has really stepped his game up since he was thrusted into the ECW title match at Vengeance. His promo skills are getting better and he is pretty good in ring performer.

ECW as a whole is actually pretty good at this point. Burke, Punk, Morrison, and Miz all have a lot of potential and I like what they offer to the brand. Big Daddy V is pretty entertaining and I'm liking his monster character. His feud with the Boogeyman leaves something to be desired, but it's not too bad. CM Punk getting a run at champion should be interesting since so many people feel that he is far and away the best wrestler on ECW. Now is the time for him to prove it.

phantomgerald

What ECW needs is another major feud that can get time on a PPV. The last time an ECW match not involving the title was on a WWE PPV is the NB/originals feud, and that is why I think ECW needs more stables. The balls/miz feud, BDV/Boogeyman and the thorn/richards feud is going nowhere and would never be on a WWE PPV. And since they are already considered a televised elite development show, I think the Hart foundation should debut in ECW. They should also bring in Burchill. He'll instantly become a maineventer in ECW.

Reaction score
Look the reason i hate Morrison so much is because he is just in there to get his pay check then spend it on drugs.He doesn't get the crowd going and i hate his whole attitude towards wrestling.Honestly i prefer Mr Kenndey,CM Punk,Randy Orton etc etc as they want to learn about the WWE's past,present and future

LKP

Honestly i prefer Mr Kenndey,CM Punk,Randy Orton

Me and you my friend will get on well:). Morrison only had the title on ecw cause they didnt wanna give it to punk. Burke should have had it.

Fatal 55

Reaction score
Look the reason i hate Morrison so much is because he is just in there to get his pay check then spend it on drugs.He doesn't get the crowd going and i hate his whole attitude towards wrestling.Honestly i prefer Mr Kenndey,CM Punk,Randy Orton etc etc as they want to learn about the WWE's past,present and future

While saying that... You DO realise that two of them got caught doing drugs...

dstebbins

Reaction score
^^^You mean Kennedy and Orton?

By process of elimination, since Punk is straight-edge, not only in kayfabe, but in real life, he can't be the one to get caught.

Fatal 55

Reaction score
^^^You mean Kennedy and Orton?

By process of elimination, since Punk is straight-edge, not only in kayfabe, but in real life, he can't be the one to get caught.

Yep... It was pretty obvious! lol

I Hate Morrison in diffrent ways though... I loved his Johnny Nitro gimmick but nobody else liked it!

I still respect him though, & think he's pretty darn good in the ring for his age. It's just i despise the "Morrison" Whole type of gimmick... His promo's seem a bit too forced

LKP

Yeah they do. To many catchphrases but meh i could get used to those promos.

OrtonIsGod

Reaction score
I think Morrison is pretty damn good, he's gotten a lot better since his run with the ECW title started. His promos have gotten better and he normally brings the goods in the ring. I could see him coming back, winning and holding the ECW title until WM 24 and then dropping it to Punk. After this, Morrison would be heading off to Smackdown or Raw.

Hitman

Reaction score
^ Morrison was always a good wrestler but he didn't get a push that he needed. Plus he was in a tag team division

-TJ-

Punk Retain.....damn i wanted burke to win it.......... so any predictions on Boogey vs. Big Daddy V?

-TJ-

Of course i mean do you think it is gonna be good?

Well what ECW needs is more matches on PPVs the last time i saw ECW match on PPV that wasn't a title match was the Dreamer/Sandman/Punk vs. NB match at One Night Stand. Like i would like to have a Thorn vs. Stevie and a Boogey vs. Big Daddy V along with a ECW title match at a WWE PPV. You guys agreed?

Hitman

Reaction score
Yeah they should but the ECW matches don't last no more then 10 minutes so for it to be on PPV would be a waist of TV Air Time.