WEC 53: Henderson vs. Pettis

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jabroni900

Reaction score
ECW? Does anyone watch this? What is the point of it? It's a token gesture of a show. A failed experiment beyond repair with too few positives to show for it. CM Punk is definately a shining light. The repackaging of Johnny Nitro looks a failed terrible one from where I'm watching. When I watch ECW I just wonder why Vince, a great businessman in his own right pays money to produce this show. I hate hate to say it and see guys realeased but I would take the few decent wrestlers and bolster the Smackdown roster, release the dead weight and do away with ECW. It is now beyond a joke in my eyes.

hbk4894

Reaction score
ecw just needs to get more faces in like put some ovw guys in there and get rid of nirto and put in jeff hardy so it can be jeff hardy vs cm punk in a great match

-TJ-

What ECW needs is to get rid of the people who shouldn't be there add some people to put on great matches and add a new title for ECW like CW or a Hardcore belt.

the dark knight

punk said that if he lost, he wouldnt challenge morrison again....he's in a fatal 4 way match now. WTF? punk vs morrison take 1000000?

Haight

Reaction score
Recap of ECW 8-28 Show Albany, NY

Opens with John Morrison coming out to the ring. He talks about SummerSlam ...
and how he set the night on fire while creating a new reality for C.M Punk.
Talks about the participants of the Fatal Four-Way match to occur later on...

<commercial>

Kevin Thorn vs. Stevie Richards

Thorn dominates throughout most of the match and Original Sin's Richards for the win.

<commercial>

MIZ doing a promo with the women when Balls Mahoney walks in Both MIZ nad the women and starst insulting Balls. MIZ Calls Balls win last week a fluke

Cut to John Morrison talking to some Godfather lookin' motherfucker [ Don't remember the guy's name]. CM Punk walks in and innterupts. Punk tries to intimate Morrison and says he will win the fatal 4 way tonight...but won't have to put his feet on the ropes to do it!! Before he leaves,
He comments on how tasty the canataloupe he is eating is.

<commercial>

The MIZ comes down to the ring with the ladies to observe the match

Balls Mahoney vs. Elijah Burke

Pretty evenly matched. Burke Superplexes Balls from the second rope. Then
transitions into the Elijah Express for the win. Kelly feels bad for Balls
and runs into the ring to see if he is okay. MIZ and the other women laugh at her

<commericial>

Fatal Four Way Match - Main Event (To decide the challenger of Morrison for the title)

Boogeyman

The Miz

Big Daddy V

CM Punk

<commercial>

Big Daddy V dominates for about 1/2 way of the match untill he and Boogeyman completely dissapear from the match leaving only punk and miz to battle it out.
Punk ultimately takes the fatal four way!

LKP

Not a bad show i just seen it. What is the new theme song it rocks? I think its a new drowning pool tune.

-TJ-

lol i hate the fact Boogey was gone cuase he got kneed in the face? WTF?!

LKP

I know seemed verys tupid to put him out of the match. The daddy v thing in crowd give us a reason not boogey's knee in the face lol.

Reaction score
Ok this might be totally ignorant of me. I dont and havent really ever watched ECW, but why does CM Punk get ANOTHER title shot?

Isnt this getting ridiculous. Is CM Punk "joeing" to Morrison?

Trips V.2

Reaction score
I think I'd call that pulling a Batista. This is the THIRD shot he's had after losing straight. Granted he's the only person on ECW, besides maybe Big Daddy V, that I can believe would get the belt, but come on. I definitely agree that Punk either needs to win this one... or stay away from the belt for awhile.

Great One

I want someone booking ECW to tell me why the fuck Elijah Burke wasn't and isn't main eventing.