The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

The Viper

Reaction score
Since I really don't wanna go to the theaters to see it (for one fairly obvious reason and the fact I'm broke as a joke), I can definitely wait for at least an R5 copy of it. It'll take a while but whatevs.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I wasn't as impressed with it as I thought I would be. Could it have been the hype and my really wanting to see it? Possibly. I just didn't find it as good as the second, but better than the first. Anne Hathaway was great as Selina Kyle/Catwoman. Tom Hardy as Bane was pretty good as well. Overall, the feel of the movie left me wishing for something more out of it.

Eddie North

Reaction score
So just watched it... ehhh... wasn't impressed, something was missing... not going to say much more since I don't wanna ruin it for those that haven't seen it.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I wasn't as impressed with it as I thought I would be. Could it have been the hype and my really wanting to see it? Possibly. I just didn't find it as good as the second, but better than the first. Anne Hathaway was great as Selina Kyle/Catwoman. Tom Hardy as Bane was pretty good as well. Overall, the feel of the movie left me wishing for something more out of it.

Mr North said:
So just watched it... ehhh... wasn't impressed, something was missing... not going to say much more since I don't wanna ruin it for those that haven't seen it.

You guys aren't alone in your thoughts on the movie. I felt it was overly long, suffered from some serious pacing and continuity issues, had a caricature of a villain who would have been better placed in a James Bond film, the "surprise reveal" was not surprising to me at all, the ending was obvious from about 30 minutes in and those issues are just me scratching the surface.

I'll have my full thoughts posted on the movie in about a week, to give others a chance to see it, but to say I was not impressed is the understatement of the year. The only saving grace that came out of this film is that it finally proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that Christopher Nolan is an egomaniac prone to self-indulgence and is clearly a graduate of the Peter Jackson School of I Can't Edit A Movie Down To Save My Life.

Eddie North

Reaction score
don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, just wasn't fully satisfied by it.

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
I enjoyed it but I agree something was definitely missing.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Does anybody on this forum enjoy anything?

I thought it was decent flick. I'd pay 6.25 to see it.
Since this is presumably directed at me you should know that I enjoy lots of movies but I'm also willing to stand up and call foul when a poor effort is turned in. Given the people working on TDKR, it should have been a lot better than it turned out being. Perhaps my tastes have become more refined over the years or I am just cynical, but it takes a lot more than TDKR to entertain me and make me think. As an end to the trilogy, it was pretty fitting though, since the entire thing was always about the size of Nolan's ego. Anyhow, if anyone here wants to have a go at defending it I'll be more than happy to debate it with you.

For the record too, our tastes are at least slightly similar, because I immensely enjoyed all four of the films that you have listed for your favourites.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
My one big criticism of the film is the sound. I shouldn't have to try that hard to understand what half the cast is saying, especially Bane. Did anyone else struggle, or was it just the crappy sound in my cinema (my mate also had dialogue issues whilst watching Spider-Man in the same room).

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
My one big criticism of the film is the sound. I shouldn't have to try that hard to understand what half the cast is saying, especially Bane. Did anyone else struggle, or was it just the crappy sound in my cinema (my mate also had dialogue issues whilst watching Spider-Man in the same room).

No, I thought Bane was pretty hard to understand too, almost as if they needed subtitles at times. He reminded me of the Dustin Hoffman character Mumbles from the movie Dick Tracy, though not in a good way.

I look at it like this with Bane. He was a poor man's Blofeld wearing the mask that Darth Vader didn't want.

Eddie North

Reaction score
Since we are going to debate this a little I'll use spoiler captions now...

OK, it was a fitting ending, yet why leave it open for more? It still set it up for another movie and with Robin? Come on really? As for Bane, Bane was a joke, the whole limited back story of Bane was a joke, the brief non-realistic explanation of his mask was a joke. Not being a brute lead by a smarter being, but being more of a intellectual psychological threat went far from what the comic was. I get that Talia Gul was behind it all, which I knew going into the film and even said it to my fiancee when she first appears, but Bane just felt off to me, his voice felt like he was a cheesy game show host and not scary or threatening at all. Is Tom Hardy to blame for this? No, Nolan's direction for the character is. The more realistic Nolan tried to make Bane the more unbelievable he became.

Next, the timing of the film was off. 8 years later? Why? One of the things that I liked about Batman Begins to Dark Knight was that they happen pretty much one after the other. This one is 8 Years later? To me felt like they did that to add the Robin Character since he was only about 13 in the first film and wanted him as an adult in this one. Since Joseph Gordon-Levitt wasn't signed on for his role until a bit later than everyone else. I almost feel it was changed for his character.

One of my last things for now in this rant, is they crammed too much into this movie, except enough of a logical back story for the new characters. The reason I liked Dark Knight was because with Joker, it was set up that this was more of the first battle of many, but since they Ledger died they didn't continue that story... but you just knew this guy was a lunatic from the opening scene, he didn't need the back story, you didn't really need to know who he was. This time they added more city destruction with a new character who doesn't come off as threatening until his hand to hand combat with Batman and who, as I've said earlier, isn't really fully explained but I feel unlike Joker, an explanation was needed. Catwoman was perfectly played by Anne Hathaway, but I feel wasn't used enough nor had enough explanation of her past just a Hey! She has a record. But why? Why did she start being a thief? Why did she is she the way she is? From a movie stand point and if you didn't know about her, You don't know anything about her other than the little they tell you which wasn't satisfying.

So that's enough of my rant for now...

TactMrBlack

Reaction score
Since this is presumably directed at me you should know that I enjoy lots of movies but I'm also willing to stand up and call foul when a poor effort is turned in. Given the people working on TDKR, it should have been a lot better than it turned out being. Perhaps my tastes have become more refined over the years or I am just cynical, but it takes a lot more than TDKR to entertain me and make me think. As an end to the trilogy, it was pretty fitting though, since the entire thing was always about the size of Nolan's ego. Anyhow, if anyone here wants to have a go at defending it I'll be more than happy to debate it with you.

For the record too, our tastes are at least slightly similar, because I immensely enjoyed all four of the films that you have listed for your favourites.

I'm not saying its a great movie but it was an enjoyable movie. Its not like it was unwatchable. I guess I don't go in with a critics mind.