The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ThePlumber702

Reaction score
The Dark Knight Rises

z-1.png

Release Date: June 17, 2011
Studio: Warner Bros
Director: Christopher Nolan
Screenwriter:Bob Kane, Christopher Nolan (among others)
Starring: Christian Bale, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Gary Oldman
Genre: Action, Crime, Drama
Official Website:http://www.thedarkknightrises.com/

Plot Summary: Following The Dark Knight

Trailer: Coming Soon!

ThePlumber702

Reaction score
the-dark-knight-rises-bane-movie-poster-ryan-luckoo-01.jpg

i believe that is fan made, but it's still dope. Thought it deserved to be here.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Fan made or not, that is an awesome poster. I actually hope it isn't fan made just so we get to see that poster in theaters.

Castiel

Reaction score
That is too awesome! But I'm pretty sure it's fan made. By looking at the back of the mask I'm almost sure it's taken from the cover of some crappy horror movie that I can't remember the name of...

Hammer

Reaction score
Website
www.dphcutompins.com
This movie will be incredibly epic if they do Bane right this time. The last Batman film that had the character Bane was a joke and therefore so was Bane, who is actually the villain involved in one the most epic Batman story lines of all time.

I'm also very interested to see how Anne does with the Cat Woman character.

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
That is too awesome! But I'm pretty sure it's fan made. By looking at the back of the mask I'm almost sure it's taken from the cover of some crappy horror movie that I can't remember the name of...

I was thinking the same thing. I think it is called The Collector.

Yeah, Bane was a joke in Batman and Robin but, these new Batman movies are a lot better than the ones from the 1990s.

Reactions: 1 person

Castiel

Reaction score
That's not the only thing he was telling the truth about...

Collector_posterB.jpg

It was indeed called The Collector. The Bane mask showed in the first picture looks totally different, I just realized. I have a feeling they're going to Bane right this time, I hope they make him unstoppable, so that Batman doesn't know what to do. That would be interesting, and I assume eventually lead to Bat and Cat teaming up.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
The first two Batman films, being Batman and Batman Returns, were excellent works in their own right and certainly on the level of Nolan's films. I don't want to bother mentioning the two Schumacher films because they sucked. To say Nolan's films are way better than the two Burton films isn't necessarily right though, they are just two incredible directors takes on Batman, that is all. I wouldn't put one over the other, and by the way, I know it's been said other places but I'll say it again here, The Dark Knight is overrated.

ThePlumber702

Reaction score
imo overrated film series is overrated. Is it good? Sure. But I fell asleep through the first one, and the second was only great sporadically (and no it wasn't the joker that was great. At least not 3/4's of the time.)

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
While I thought Heath Ledger was good I really don't see how his performance was Oscar-worthy, save for the fact that he died and they wanted to honour him. Yes, I went there, if Ledger were alive he would NOT have won that Oscar. Outside of that, what made The Dark Knight good was its removal of the standard comic book formula in favour of a crime-thriller sort of film. I remember reading somewhere that it reminded some of Heat and while I consider that opinion laughable I can see where it comes from. However, it does not change the fact that TDK was completely overrated and it really should not be mentioned in the same breath with some of the greatest films of all time like the dolts who vote on IMDB do.

Castiel

Reaction score
I think his role got more respect, and admiration because of his death, that's a given, but I think either way he would've at least been nominated for an Oscar. Hell, probably still would've won as well. He done amazing IMO.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I'm assuming that was the 7 minute prologue Citan? It's down now but I managed to stop myself from watching it OR read the "script" that came up the next day. It was tough, but I did it. I am not going to have this movie spoiled for me dammit!!!