The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Good. Movie is fucking awesome. Same guy who directed Drive.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
You really want me to watch it since I loved Drive, huh? :lol:

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
You really want me to watch it since I loved Drive, huh? :lol:

I really do. Movie is fucking awesome. Same guy who directed Drive.

Castiel

Reaction score
I should probably watch Bronson and Drive...

Postman Dave

Reaction score
TRAILER

[video=youtube;NMmr_EwwBOg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMmr_EwwBOg&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Castiel

Reaction score
I like it. Not the greatest trailer ever, but it works. Plus that theme at the end for some reason pumps me up for this!

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I love the fact that Hines Ward is in it. GO STEELERS!!!!

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
It's a slow week for actual news, so why now pick over the details of the one upcoming movie absolutely everyone can agree on: The Dark Knight Rises. The Los Angeles Times is running an interview with Anne Hathaway, who of course plays Selina Kyle a.k.a. Catwoman in the giant superhero sequel, and the opening paragraph of the article itself reveals some details and dialogue from a key scene in the movie-- no small thing, given how tightly guarded the script has been. The most surprising detail? It involves Batman himself hooded and taken prisoner by Bane and his men. Here's their description for the rest:

Gotham City is a war zone. A ruthless madman named Bane has ripped away any sense of security and the citizens, haggard and clutching suitcases with refugee anxiety, sit behind barbed wire waiting to see what will blow up next. A hooded prisoner is dragged in – it’s Bruce Wayne, one of Gotham’s most famous faces – but the eyes of the crowd go instead to the woman in black standing at the top of the staircase.

“Sorry to spoil things, boys, but Bane needs these guys himself,” says sultry Selina Kyle, played here by actress Anne Hathaway, navigating the steps with stiletto heels that, on closer inspection, turn out to have serrated edges capable of leaving nasty claw marks in a fight. She also wears night-vision goggles that, when not in use, flip up and resemble feline ears.

Hathaway also talked about how she built the character based on the classic screen actress Hedy Lamarr, with a quote from Nolan to compliment her on the theatricality she could bring to the character; she also ended the article with a smart comment about how Catwoman is defined by the Gotham City around her, and that "What’s come before doesn’t limit or even affect this new version." You can check out the full article at the Times-- it's a slow news day, so even though there's not a lot of info in there, it's worth your time.

Gotta love and hate the internet all at the same time. :lol:

Swinny

Reaction score
'The Dark Knight Rises' Gets PG-13 Rating for Violence, Sensuality

Rest easy, teen Batman fans: "The Dark Knight Rises" has been rated PG-13, the Motion Picture Association of America said Monday.

That means that adolescents eager to see Batman (Christian Bale) save Gotham from the threat of steroidal criminal mastermind Bane (Tom Hardy) and jewel-thieving Catwoman (Anne Hathaway) will be able to buy a ticket without dragging along a parent or guardian.

The MPAA said the film earned its PG-13 for "intense sequences of violence and action, some sensuality and language."

Although Warner Bros. essentially gave director Christopher Nolan free rein on his follow-up to the mega-grossing "The Dark Knight," it probably would have balked at having its $250 million film branded with an R-rating. That could have depressed ticket sales by preventing teenage moviegoers from purchasing tickets; a fate most tentpole films are eager to avoid.

The official announcement of "The Dark Knight"s' PG-13 comes on the heels of the ratings controversy surrounding "Bully." The Weinstein Co. and the MPAA engaged in a stand-off after the studio's documentary about teen bullying earned an R-rating for language.

The Weinstein Co. argued that a R would prevent school groups from seeing the film. It released an unrated version of "Bully" before ultimately agreeing to trim a few curse words in order to earn a PG-13.

The MPAA has shown more willingness to give films with violent content PG-13-ratings than it has movies with sex and liberal use of the F-word.

"The Dark Knight Rises" opens domestically in all its PG-13 glory on July 20.

The Wrap

Swinny

Reaction score
New Dark Knight Rises Trailer Coming In Front Of The Avengers

Right now The Avengers is sucking up pretty much all of the excitement for summer movies, with the May 4 release date coming so fast and an endless marketing campaign that guarantees you'll never stop thinking about it. But of course, the summer is crammed with movies that have people excited, probably none bigger than The Dark Knight Rises, the conclusion to Christopher Nolan's Batman movie trilogy about which we know… well, almost nothing. But now that The Avengers seems willing to share a little bit of its buzz, we might be ready to learn a little bit more about the latest Batman adventure.

The fan site Nolan Fans dug up some information from the Warner Bros. exhibitor services site, listing The Dark Knight Rises as one of the trailers that will run in front of The Avengers opens on May 4-- with one for regular screenings and one for IMAX. If it seems weird to see the Marvel Universe of The Avengers make room for the DC-based Batman, remember that the trailer for The Dark Knight played in front of Iron Man in 2008. Apparently the ability to reach out to your exact audiences trumps any loyalty to comics universes.

Comic fans probably don't need much extra incentive to see The Avengers on opening weekend, but the promise of a new Dark Knight Rises trailer sure doesn't hurt. Now we just have to hope that an official version of the trailer goes online relatively soon after, since there's nothing more frustrating than a whole stream of bootlegged copies going online, when you're really just dying to see the real deal. Regardless of when it comes, though, we'll have that official trailer to you as soon as possible.

Cinema Blend

Reaction score
My only wish on this film, is that they had swapped the 2nd and the 3rd around. In my point of view, I would have rather seen the franchise end with the Joker than end with Bane. I like Bane and his storyline with the franchise, but... I dunno. Imma have to see the movie to be 100% sure.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
New trailer.....

[video=youtube;g8evyE9TuYk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8evyE9TuYk[/video]

Looks pretty great to me.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
My mate has already gone and booked the tickets for this, just to be on the safe side.

Can't wait, but massive expectations here. Dunno if Nolan can match the ridiculous hype.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
This movie is totally going to blow. <-- Fanboys when it doesn't meet their giant expectations.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
We're only a couple of days away and already the overrating has begun. Christ, I haven't even seen the fucking movie yet and I can tell its not nearly as good as this fanboy makes it out to be...

Harry Georgatos said:
If THE DARK KNIGHT RISES isn't given a best picture and director nomination next year then no comic book movie can ever be nominated at the Oscars! Not even Hitchcock or Welles could have directed this picture any better! Nolan is in that elite level of filmmakers along with Spielberg, Cameron, Scorsese and Tarantino. The ambitious nature of this film delivers in story, character and visual spectacle. THE DARK KNIGHT RISES is easily one of the top ten films in the history of cinema! It has to be seen over and over again.
My favourite line....

"Easily one of the top ten films in the history of cinema!"

For fucks sake, its about a man who dresses up as a bat. :lol: