Takin' a shot in the dark here...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
As for who pays the bills, mark is the owner of the main website, he pays for the server and shit. The positive thing about it, is that we don't have to pay the bills, the negative, getting better skins or anything else that costs money is impossible unless we find a way to finance it ourselves.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I literally said 99% of this shit, in vague terms.

As I said though, the admin permissions we have right now, are not set up to allow us to do that. There's no Super-Admin unless TIO's account was hooked up, but I still don't know if he can even physically remove posts.

I wanted to go through and take out some of these hacks, but I think Mark's too concerned with the possibility that we might also remove ads...

...if Mark would sign off on someone being given the privilege to tear the forum down and reconstruct, it'd be awesome.

As far as Skins, if you can find a simple skin, you can adjust it. Surely someone here knows an awesome GFX head. The guy I used to go to, I haven't heard from in years. But it's as simple as going through and designing a background, a couple bars, and buttons.

...god...

Reaction score
All right, so my last post signed me out when I tried to submit, so we'll try this again.

First off, you guys have SEO, but you aren't even utilizing it properly. Your keywords are too general, and won't bring up this site on google or any other search engine for ages. SEO keywords works best if you change them like once a month. Google has archived keywords for related searches, and it's pointless to not exploit some loopholes in Google's systems.

Second, I don't know who pays the bills around here, but with the amount of needless hacks/modifications to this board, it's getting way more load than it needs to be. I understand that vb.org is a lot like the steam store, you can sit and browse for an hour and somehow end up with 100 things. Right now, the "Currently Reading" and the "Who's read the thread" can be very server intensive. While caching often takes the load off, I know the "Members who have read this thread" hack has some minor holes in it eats up some space.

Third, you need to fix errors that are all around the site. Right now, at least two of the skins have a few MAJOR inconvenient flaws. As I pointed out in a thread earlier.

Moving forward from that

It would help things a lot if you went through a total rebrand. Remove all staff members, get a new logo/skin/stuff. Have people earn their way based on current work, not past work as moderators, et al.

Fix the forums. While this goes around with two bullet points in the first part, it's also an individual concern. The forums forums are an absolute mess. They're either too vague or poorly written, but some major improvement needs to be done there.

I have a fair amount more, but I need a quick nap before work, but I'll be back.
give this guy admin.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
First off, you guys have SEO, but you aren't even utilizing it properly. Your keywords are too general, and won't bring up this site on google or any other search engine for ages. SEO keywords works best if you change them like once a month. Google has archived keywords for related searches, and it's pointless to not exploit some loopholes in Google's systems.

None of us even knew that this existed on the forum. However, now that I do, I will make better use of it.

Second, I don't know who pays the bills around here, but with the amount of needless hacks/modifications to this board, it's getting way more load than it needs to be. I understand that vb.org is a lot like the steam store, you can sit and browse for an hour and somehow end up with 100 things. Right now, the "Currently Reading" and the "Who's read the thread" can be very server intensive. While caching often takes the load off, I know the "Members who have read this thread" hack has some minor holes in it eats up some space.

I removed them, we'll see if it makes a significant difference.

Third, you need to fix errors that are all around the site. Right now, at least two of the skins have a few MAJOR inconvenient flaws. As I pointed out in a thread earlier.

I've removed the offending skins and will look for more.

Moving forward from that

It would help things a lot if you went through a total rebrand. Remove all staff members, get a new logo/skin/stuff. Have people earn their way based on current work, not past work as moderators, et al.

No.

Fix the forums. While this goes around with two bullet points in the first part, it's also an individual concern. The forums forums are an absolute mess. They're either too vague or poorly written, but some major improvement needs to be done there.

Disagree, I believe that they are fine the way they are. Minus one inside joke.

I have a fair amount more, but I need a quick nap before work, but I'll be back.

Let's hear it then.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Right, so I can upload new skins no problem as you can see by the skin DarkVision that I added. However, it looks like ass because it's missing icons. I honestly do not know how to make that show as I'm not a gfx guy. If we have any volunteers though I can put you to work.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Smilies are proving to be a minor issue in that they system is being a cunt.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
It would be SO AWESOME if Inconspicuous Username turned out to be Kenfan and he was secretly a huge computer wiz this whole time. But he knows way too much about baseball and basketball to be the cheesehead. Plus, the guy went old-school technical on us. Inconspicuous Username, you have a lot of sense in that head of yours and whoever you are, you make my heart warm. *Insert hug smiley here*

@Smiley trouble - *facepalm*

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Smileys have been fixed for the most part. If there is one in particular that you want let me know and I will add it in. :nutkick: