Takin' a shot in the dark here...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Looking to build a forum at the time I join? Who should I send my resume and references too?

If financial backing problems hadn't occured, I'd probably be running 3 successful forums at the moment.

Rell can even vouch for one of them.

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
^ k.

Agree with monkeyman, I don't see why you need to be admin to make this place active again? How about for starters making threads and posting to get some discussion going and creating interest that way, plus invite your mates or whatever you were saying, you don't need to be admin to ask someone to come talk on this site. Maybe once that starts and you're here actively enough and begin trying to make a change and difference here then you can have a admin or mod spot to do whatever the fuck you want.

I agree with HTK, there does need to be a change because this place is so dead its not even funny, I don't enjoy coming here anymore but I don't think there has to be a new admin. Nothing wrong with TIO at all, so what if he's not the most active, nobody else is either, if you were in his position nobody has shown that they'd do any better.

Reaction score
Really the root of the problem is simple: myself, Luke and G1 are the only regulars. Then you have off and on people like Rell, Nation, Mizmasta, Airfixx, Peep (speaking of which, where is that guy) and a few others. We need more people, plain and simple. Unless someone knows how to draw and generate traffic, we are where we are and more than likely stuck there. I don't mind, I like most of us but would love some new assets to this board.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
The hardest part isn't even drawing people here. There are people signing up here everyday, they just don't stay. Unless there is a solid, concerted effort to make significant activity with what we have available then it doesn't matter how many you attract because they will not stay.

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
Maybe if all the regulars and semi regulars stayed fully active for awhile and made solid discussion we'd see a few members stay, the 1000th episode of RAW was lastnight, surely we can all find something to discuss from that lol.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
I just think someone who has more iniative to change the technological aspects and aesthetics of the forum. Giving G1 power was good, if minor, since the place needs a major overhaul to be quite honest, but good nonetheless that he'll delete spam.

I don't see why saying there needs to be new blood when guys won't do anything needs to be taken as a personal attack. And why is being admin considered so great anyway? I'm all about what's best for the place, and the current admins have brought nothing to the table at all in that position, besides Flywalker. I actually think Monk's an okay guy and all, but there just isn't any reason for he or Outsider to hold this "power" anymore. I don't hold it against them, anymore than I did Chaos when he was pulling his bullshit, I didn't attack him personally, but the guy was incompetent, in his role at the time. In the end, asking many people to be unbiased is just seemingly too much in the confines of the internet. 'Tis most disappointing.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
I mean, seriously. What the fuck!? >_> Even if all the people in this thread were fully active, things aren't going to grow for awhile, and we'd still need a slicker design and just a less minor-league layout to the site. And at the absolute bare-minimum 79 cent Wendy's burger-level, it would just set a much better precedent for someone who actually has it in them to show up and talk about wrestling and have a real presence, even if they're too lazy, incapable, or too neutered by all of Chaos' or whoever's screwups.

*Sigh* Even if there aren't any real changes, I hope someone can take the time to get some smileys back and bring them up the standard set in past years. (Which i've tried to get, as well as personally set aside smileys to be uploaded, which fell through. -_-) Along with G1 and MizMasta getting props and me starting a thread about bathroom antics, i'd say this little rallying cry was mildly successful.

bobby516

Reaction score
was hoping to see some

bful naked wemon didnt know it would take an act of congress lol

bobby516

Reaction score
was wanting to c some beautiful naked weman but guess ill leave.just because i dont post all the time dosent mean i dont like this site. ty for what time i have been on here

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
I don't see why saying there needs to be new blood when guys won't do anything needs to be taken as a personal attack. And why is being admin considered so great anyway? I'm all about what's best for the place, and the current admins have brought nothing to the table at all in that position, besides Flywalker. I actually think Monk's an okay guy and all, but there just isn't any reason for he or Outsider to hold this "power" anymore. I don't hold it against them, anymore than I did Chaos when he was pulling his bullshit, I didn't attack him personally, but the guy was incompetent, in his role at the time. In the end, asking many people to be unbiased is just seemingly too much in the confines of the internet. 'Tis most disappointing.

I think our position is clear. We're willing to add someone, but that someone must have a plan. There is really no reason to add people that have a) no interest or b) no idea of what to do, because it wouldn't change anything.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
Not to mention the fact that so far, every person we considered backed down or opted for a minor role...

Reaction score
All right, so my last post signed me out when I tried to submit, so we'll try this again.

First off, you guys have SEO, but you aren't even utilizing it properly. Your keywords are too general, and won't bring up this site on google or any other search engine for ages. SEO keywords works best if you change them like once a month. Google has archived keywords for related searches, and it's pointless to not exploit some loopholes in Google's systems.

Second, I don't know who pays the bills around here, but with the amount of needless hacks/modifications to this board, it's getting way more load than it needs to be. I understand that vb.org is a lot like the steam store, you can sit and browse for an hour and somehow end up with 100 things. Right now, the "Currently Reading" and the "Who's read the thread" can be very server intensive. While caching often takes the load off, I know the "Members who have read this thread" hack has some minor holes in it eats up some space.

Third, you need to fix errors that are all around the site. Right now, at least two of the skins have a few MAJOR inconvenient flaws. As I pointed out in a thread earlier.

Moving forward from that

It would help things a lot if you went through a total rebrand. Remove all staff members, get a new logo/skin/stuff. Have people earn their way based on current work, not past work as moderators, et al.

Fix the forums. While this goes around with two bullet points in the first part, it's also an individual concern. The forums forums are an absolute mess. They're either too vague or poorly written, but some major improvement needs to be done there.

I have a fair amount more, but I need a quick nap before work, but I'll be back.