Random ROH Talk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I like Richards vs. Black II in Charlotte for the simple reason of them trying to build that area as a real strong regular stop and thats the main event to do it. With this being non-title I'm still holding out hope for Richards vs. Black vs. Strong vs. Daniels at GBH IX.

Reaction score
ROH just announced Eddie Edwards vs. Tyler Black for 8/27. Neither belt is on the line due to the whole "Pick 6" deal but this should still be a show stealer match and I believe it could go either way. Whats your take, montana?

Montana

Reaction score
At this point, i'd have to think Edwards is the favorite, or at least a draw. The match should start in about hour!

I've caught a few DVD's recently, here are some quick thoughts..

Point your posion - Solid show, nothing too special. A little better than i thought it was going to be. Strong/Generico was one of my favorite matches 7/10

Bitter Friends, Stiffer enemies2 - Awesome main event. Another solid lineup. 8.25/10

Civil Warfare - Bonus matches saved this show, probably worst show this year 6/10

Supercard of HOnor 5 - Loved the MCMG vs. KOW, Cabana vs. Steen was great too. Main event was good, but not the best strong/black match 9/10

Death Before Dishonor 7 - 10/10 no explainations

Also i bumped into Truth Martini again yesterday at Luna, which is a club. I told him i think Roddy is going to win the belt and win on him that night, and he said thats in the future. We were both a little drunk though.

On a side note, idk if i posted this, but after the chicago show, most all the wrestlers were at the bar. They were all super cool having fun, and Briscoes and Pearce were doing karokee...priceless!

Montana

Reaction score
Some Random ROH chat...

I heard that after the ROH champ Tyler Black left for the WWE, HDNET is upset that ROH is losing it's top stars, and are now paying wrestling to stay in ROH a bonus. Not sure if this is true or not, but recently Chris Hero, Claudio Castagnoli, The Briscoes, Davey Richards, and some other names have all resigned wtih ROH in the past week or two.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
^That would be a smart move, but they don't want to get into a bidding war over Stars with WWE, WWE is alot richer than them and nothing good would come of that besides alot of people leaving ROH. (That would be good for WWE atleast.)

Montana

Reaction score
That's absolutely right. I think ROH and HDNET knows they can't compete with WWE, and even TNA for that matter. I think HDNET is looking at it as encouragement/incentive to stay. Rather than doubling their salary, maybe a 10,000 bonus to sign on for another year, or 15,000 for 2 years. Or something to that effect.

Realistically ROH needs the help though. ROH can't afford to give wrestlers bonuses. I'd love to see Kenny Omega, Christopher Daneils, Homicide and WGTT signed full time. Looks like Austin Aries might be out the door, IF this WWP actually starts up. Although Briscoes, Kings of Wrestling, American Wolves, R. Strong, Kenny King, is a nice core group of wrestlers under renewed contracts.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
Yea but if they've already received the amount that they know they will get for how ever long they are signed, WWE or even TNA could always one-up ROH if they wanted to bad enough.

Montana

Reaction score
Yeah, but if ROH puts them on contract, it basically says you won't sign with WWE/TNA. Ideally ROH is looking to resign guys, but not compete with WWE/TNA in a bidding war.

Side note: Kenny King extended his contract, and they signed Kyle O' Reily, who is one of the brightest young stars in indy wrestling. Great signing there. Idk what took ROH so long.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
Haven't you ever heard of quitting and joining the rivals :S? Basic WCW-WWF monday night wars with people like Luger and other former WWF stars, (3/5 of the Kliq and others)

Reaction score
Haven't you ever heard of quitting and joining the rivals :S? Basic WCW-WWF monday night wars with people like Luger and other former WWF stars, (3/5 of the Kliq and others)

Yeah, they left and joined the rivals when their contracts had expired. Thus signing them to contracts will prevent them from doing so until then at the very least. It's not like they just went "Hey Vince, you have me to an exclusive deal and I signed it so I'm required to appear for you for this long, but screw that because that's not breach of contract or anything dawg" because you can't do that. It's just not legally feasible unless both parties agree to a split.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
Luger left the second time while under WWF contract didn't he (Thought he did :S) ? Mike Awesome went to WCW while under a ECW contract? Meng (Haku) Went to WWF on a WCW contract...

Reaction score
So your examples are a guy so lazy and on such a big wage that WWF wanted him out, a guy in a company who couldn't afford to pay wages and were breaching contracts themselves if they ever had them, and a talent that didn't matter anyway? Yes, that's great proof for why people can walk out while under contract.

Montana

Reaction score
Luger wasn't on contract to the WWF at the time, his contract just ended and was on a handshake deal. I forget the story about Mike Awesome, but i believe he just left, and WCW said they would handle the legal fee's.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
Mmm^ it'd be great to see ROH war and have something WCW/WWF MNW but allow people to actually breach contracts, would make it alot more suspenseful and interesting.

Montana

Reaction score
Yeah, rumor has it Vince is paying a bit of money to ROH, since ROH is taking the time to train these guys, and get them ready for the WWE. Vince/JR feel it isn't right to take all their talent, without giving something back.

Not sure if there is any truth to that. Just what i heard.