Random ROH Talk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Reaction score
So i just watched ALLied Forces and Richards vs. Daniels and i have to say i am suprised! To me, Kings of Wrestling vs. Richards/Daniels was a noticably better match than Richards vs. Daniels on the following night. The first 10 minutes of Richards vs. Daniels didn't seem to click with me. Yes, they did some match wrestling, but there wasn't pyschology behind the match wrestling. The first 10 minutes were really ehhh, in my book. On top of that it felt like a typical ROH main event match. Spot on the ring apron, almost count out, firing out, fighitng spirit. I love that stuff, but wasn't clicking right in this match. I gave that match 4.0 to a 4.25 at best. Richards vs. Omega at Epic Encounter was WAY better imo. But everyone loved this match but me it seems. The lowest i've seen it rated was 4.5 stars, so i suggest anyone check it out, and see for youself.

However the Kings vs. Richards/Daniels was Great. I'd say that was one of my favorite tag matches of the year, right up there with the brawl with Steen/Corino vs. Generico/ Cabana at Bitter Friends, siffer enemines II in Chicago. Not to mention Kings/Bucks, and Kings / MCMG and Kings/Briscoes. Haven't seen Kings/Wolves yet. But i'd say that is 4.25 - 4.5 If not better.

I need to watch these two again cause i'm the only person that feels this way, but i guess its all an opinion.

Watched SOTF as well, and i have to agree with the live review. Eddie Edwards should have stayed out of the main event, and they could have threw Hero in there instead. Have King or Claudio in the tournament. The show was really riding on a great main event, and it didn't really deliver.

By the way, Claudio is AWESOME. I love some of his uppercuts. I have to say the Kings are the best tag team in the world right now.

Montana

Reaction score
I just watched Fate of an Angel 2.... I am liking the Briscoe / Homicide feud. I'd like to see them continue that in 2011. Roddy vs. Daniels was great, but the crowd sucked. Great first title defense. Have 4 matches with students made the undercard WEAK on this show.

Montana

Reaction score
Next Up is Revolution USA and Canada.... Two stacked cards already.

May 6 - Detroit

Main Event- Kings Vs. Wolves II
The Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli) with Shane Hagadorn vs. The American Wolves (ROH World Champion Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards)
No-Disqualification Match
El Generico vs. Roderick Strong with Truth Martini
First Blood Match
Jay and Mark Briscoe vs. The All Night Express (Kenny King and Rhett Titus)
Grudge Match
Christopher Daniels with Truth Martini vs. Colt Cabana
Also scheduled to appear:
- World Tag Team Champions Wrestling’s Greatest Tag Team (Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas)
- Michael Elgin with Truth Martini
- Adam Cole
- Kyle O’Reilly
- Steve Corino
- “The Prodigy” Mike Bennett
- Tommaso Ciampa and The Embassy

May 7 Toronto

ROH World Title Match
Eddie Edwards defends vs. Chris Hero with Shane Hagadorn
World Tag Team Title Match
Wrestling’s Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin) defend vs. Jay and Mark Briscoe
Grudge Match
Christopher Daniels with Truth Martini vs. El Generico
“Big Bang!” Rematch
Davey Richards vs. Kenny King
In Memory Of “Sweet & Sour” Larry Sweeney
Colt Cabana vs. Delirious
Scheduled to appear:
- Claudio Castagnoli with Shane Hagadorn
- Rhett Titus
- Michael Elgin with Truth Martini
- Adam Cole
- Kyle O’Reilly
- Steve Corino
- “The Prodigy” Mike Bennett
- Tommaso Ciampa and The Embassy

Thoughts???

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Daniels is still in ROH even though he's back in TNA? Odd...

And has the card for the May 21st show in Chicago been announced yet? I just got my ticket in the mail today. Heard it's going to be SUPERCARD OF HONOR VI~ w00t. So stoked.

Montana

Reaction score
Yep...ROH is letting Daniels wrestle in TNA. Still the TV champ too.

Chicago will be Supercard of Honor and it will be a stacked show i'm sure. One rumor is that Strong will get his rematch against Eddie Edwards. But it can be anything really. The fans are pushing to bring in some outside talent too. ROH is a roll right now with top notch shows....even though i'm not loving the feuds and angles.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
What's up with them still having a TV Title? Can't they just call it something else? >_>

Don't care much about ROH anymore sadly, but they've got some cool things going on it seems like. What's Adam Cole up to ROH-wise? He's a great prospect and someone ROH should think about protecting and making a future top guy.

How's Elgin looked? Heard good things about him.

And has Truth Martini gotten any better? >_>

Montana

Reaction score
I've dropped a slight bit of interest since Delirious took over, BUT i think ROH has been putting on a handful of good shows recently from the 9th anniversary show to Best in the World Ippv in New York (In June) They had the 9th anniversary PPV, Manhattan Mayhem, Honor Take Center Stage Weekend, Revolution Weekend, Supercard of Honor, and to top it all of with Best in the World. AND they are bringin in Jay Lethal.

I was a bit down on ROH, but they seem to be a fire now. They could build the feuds a little better, but the Briscoes are bad ass heels.

Not sure how long ROH will keep the TV belt, if they don't get a TV deal.

Adam Cole has been looking great, and ROH is really showcasing him and Kyle O reily (Rookie of the year) against the best right now. Honor takes Center stage they wrestled the Briscoes and Kings of Wrestling. At Revolution they are facing the worlds greatest tag team. So they are doing great.

Elgin is doing OK. He's kinda in a enforcer role, but not unstoppable. So that doesn't always work, but he's looked good in the ring. His character/gimmick could use some work.

The House of Truth had Roddy and Daniels....does Truth really need to talk anymore?? I like Martini, but it may be cause it's a local guy and i see him around a bit.

Another Big thing right now is that Eddie Edwards is the champ. It's too early to tell how he will do, but that is a interesting champ right now.

I think ROH is in a holding period right now, while they search for a new TV deal.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Yeah, their Champions look really strong, and i'm super stoked that Eddie got a title win, as well as WGTT. I predict a very solid, but not spectacular reign by Eddie.

I haven't seen much of O'Reilly, but it's swell that it looks like they're building up two new wrestlers and at least giving them time to shine and get over with the ROH audience. And it's something the company doesn't really do a lot so they must see a lot in them as well. I'd look for a great match against WGTT.

Now would Daniels of all people in ROH need to be an also-ran in a faction? If I were booking, he'd be leading his own faction before that happened. Turning him heel was probably smart though.

Any news on any networks who might be interested in picking them up? I hear it's a tough market. : (

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Sounds good. Glad it's not Davey/Strong again for the 10000000th time, even though their match at the tapings on Saturday was fucking LEGIT.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
It's funny though. Will Generico have the title for this show? He lost it to Lethal at the tapings.