Random ROH Talk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

imported_Adam

Reaction score
If WWE purchased ROH and kept everything the same, using it as the new FCW, WWE's roster would be so much fucking better. But then a lot of guys would leave just because they prefer ROH and indies to WWE so, meh...

Montana

Reaction score
That will never happen. ROH and FCW are completely different. The purpose of FCW is to prepare guys for the big time. ROH is there to be the best wrestling promotion. If WWE did buy it, the product would change so much it wouldn't even be ROH.

I think the WWE likes how it is now. Much like in the 90's with WCW and ECW...it allows fans to learn about these wrestlers prior to their debuts. The Wwe needs some competition.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
^ROH does so much better of training guys though, i still can't watch Sheamus with a strait face and call him a decent wrestler, but most of the guys in ROH, thats easy.

^Even if ROH was bought, another company would step up to take it's #3 in the US rank.

Montana

Reaction score
Rumor has it.... Austin Aries, Necro Butcher, and Dark City Fight CLub are taking some time off, so let some of the new guys wrestle. I think it may have something to do with Aries perhaps leaving in 2011, and DCFC/Necro getting a little stale lately.

I don't mind bringing in new guys, however i don't think it's a good idea to be giving talent "time off"

Reaction score
I always enjoy Aries but him being gone from ROH for abit could be a good thing. Hope the opportunity for them to work together happens one day.

Necro not being used for abit definetly hurts the cred of The Embassy. To me that stable should be put to rest forever as it never really took off, except for their feud with Generation Next in 2005.

Dark City Fight Club, is a good team and one I thought ROH would really invest in. DCFC needs ROH.

RobyD

Reaction score
Especially with the indie star crisis they have fallen into recently. But at the same time, they've been working hard for a while so it's good for them to get a break for a bit.

Reaction score
I'm sure they thought it out well but hopefully they're really serious about giving Cole, O'Reilly and Bennett a serious chance.

Montana

Reaction score
Yeah, i hope Delirous doesn't shove them down our throats either. I can already tell Deliroius likes hyping up Andy Ridge, and Rickey Reyes.

I haven't seen much of Cole/Bennett yet, so i can't fully judge them.

Montana

Reaction score
Yeah, he looks good too. I just don't like ROH telling it's fans who to like. But worth giving him a shot.

Montana

Reaction score
I have No idea why i like the stupid "right leg" gimmick. Maybe cause it's different and stands out, compared to other students.

I'm watching Transform from Jan 2008 and have a few things i noticed.

1) When i first saw this show, i thought it was one of the worst ROH shows, however i really enjoyed it the second time around. No 5 star matches or anything like that, but just a fun show that flows well. Some interesting match ups and segments.

2) Age of the Fall was awesome. Probably one of my favorite factions of all time.

3) Erick Stevens! It's really too bad the Erick Stevens push didn't pan it. This guy can have a great main event, and when guys like Danielson/Nigel left, they should have elevated his status, rather than lowering it. I know he's not mr. popular, but he can go in the ring.

4) I Miss Larry Sweeney!

Montana

Reaction score
Yeah it was...I kinda liked seeing a older ROH show, where they had some guys that were high flyers like Jack Evans and Jigsaw. I didn't really like the Vulture Squad, well no one did, But i really liked those guys. I really think ROH is missing out by now adding some spotty high flyers right now.

Montana

Reaction score
Finishing up watching Battle of the Icons. I haven't heard much about this show, although it has quite the impressive card, and really is a good show. The thing that stands out most of me about this show is the strong undercard.

Nigel vs Rave I quit, No DQ, Hero vs. Claudio vs. Daniels, Jacobs vs. Whitmer Last man standing....That's 3 of the first 4 matches.

On top of that a solid Briscoes vs. Havana Pitbulls match, A skippable but decent mixed tag Cabana/Del Ray vs. Albright/Lacey. A exciting 6 man with Aries, Strong, Evans vs. Richards, Shingo and Delirous. Then the Main event of Homicide vs. Samoa Joe.

I guess i'm just surprised more people don't talk about this show, i fact i looked up on a ROH guide it rated a D+ , and the 35th best show of 2007. This might be a top ten show for me though.