Random ROH Talk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Battle of the Icons is yet another show I was in attendance for! I vividly recall Rave puking in the ring.

Montana

Reaction score
I celebrated Veterns day by watching some ROH: Reborn again from 2007.

Certainly not considered one of the shows of 2007, however this show featured some solid wrestling, and was entertaining. I felt like i got my moneys worth. The show had a nice sleeper match of The NRC (Strong, Richards, Romero) vs. Danielson, Erick Stevens and Matt Cross. Interesting to see Edwards/Blade vs. Steen and Generico, now that Eddie Edwards is a bigger star. and this show also featured Marufuji vs. Sydal, Kenta vs. Delirous. nothing mind blowing but about 3.5 stars for each. The main event of the Briscoes vs. Morishima/Whitmer left the fans standing. Almost to the four star range, but not quite. Lots good matches, but nothing great.

pumpt73

Reaction score
I picked up Death Before Dishonor VIII, and while it was back in June, I hadn't seen the event. I must say, a solid ROH event. They never fail on DBD. I picked it up at the Detroit show for $15 and got Buffalo Stampede II, which Im yet to watch. After watching this, I had to put some older ROH in, so I watched Better Than Our Best for the umpteenth time. Love that event.

As for O'Reilly, I think that kid has a future ahead of him. Trained by Davey Richards, he works pretty hard, and went at it with Steen at SOTF. Of all the young guys that they're showing right now, Ridge, Cole, Bravados, I think he's the one with the most potential.

Montana

Reaction score
I agree 100% about Kyle O'Reily... I remember seeing him on Preshows, and knew without a doubt he would eventually make the main roster. I was begging for the past year ROH sign him, as Gabe was using him in DGUSA, and Evolve. He's def in the shoes of Richards and Edwards.

And i have to agree about Death Before Dishonor 8. Such a stacked card....I even really liked Delirous and Aries, and that was like a filler match. A few people didn't like the Steen and Generico match, but i really enjoyed it.

I picked up Hate Chapter II, Salvation, Tag Wars, Fade to Black, and Glory By Honor at the Detroit show.

I watched Hate Chapter II yesterday and was surprisingly impressed by this show. I thought it was one of the less interesting cards, other than Steen/Generico, but it's a really good show. It starts off a little slow, but moves quick. American Wolves vs. Young Bucks is about 4.00 - 4.25 with some nice promos. The 6 man tag with Black, Lynn, Delirous vs. Aries + ANE was solid. Steen vs. Generico was AWESOME until the finish. Still about 4.0 ...Then the main event which i wasn't expecting much of Briscoes+ Amazing Kong vs. Kings of Wrestling with Sara Del Ray is about 4 stars as well. Most others rated those matches around 3.5ish...but i think they are better than that. Very good for a B show imo.

Watching Salavation now, and i know that was a awesome show, cause i was there. Probably won't finish it till later this week though.

Reaction score
I picked up Death Before Dishonor VIII, and while it was back in June, I hadn't seen the event. I must say, a solid ROH event. They never fail on DBD.

Its crazy to say but I think KOW vs. Briscoes from DBD VIII is almost forgotten because Richards vs. Black was so good. Loved that event.

Montana

Reaction score
Yeah, the tag championship has yet to main event a PPV this year. The Kings/Briscoes match at Big Bang has flown under the radar as well.

KENNY OMEGA is Back for Dec 17 + 18!!!!

Maybe Omega vs. Daniels in NYC, or Eddie Edwards.

Montana

Reaction score
50% off for one day on the ROH Store. Anyone picking anything up?

I grabbed Champions challenge, Bluegrass Brawl, and ROH on HDNET Vol 4...so i'm up to date with 2010 shows. Too bad i couldn't preorder Allied Forces, and Richards vs. Daniels.

pumpt73

Reaction score
Its crazy to say but I think KOW vs. Briscoes from DBD VIII is almost forgotten because Richards vs. Black was so good. Loved that event.

That's happened before GSG. Unified had the same feel to it. The Main Event ROH vs. PURE title Unification match between Danielson and McGuinness was fantastic. Fans forget about the Briscoes vs. Aries and Strong. That's still one of my favorite tag team matches of all time. I can sit and watch that match over and over.

Montana

Reaction score
Battle of the Icons is yet another show I was in attendance for! I vividly recall Rave puking in the ring.

Speaking of which, I picked up the Asylum years, TNA dvd and it has Raven vs. Shane Douglas in a hair match. And Douglas pukes twice in the middle of the ring. Quite nasty, and on top of that he wrestled another 10 minutes, and they were rolling around in it. Good match, but not sure why they'd add it to the DVD.

Reaction score
In the Black Friday Sale I picked up Glory By Honor IX(dying to see that again), ROH on HDNet Volume 3 and SHIMMER Vol. 31. And I've had that Asylum DVD for a couple weeks now but haven't watched it yet. HA!

Montana

Reaction score
Damn, i ordered the DVD's on Friday, and got them in the mail today on Monday. Much faster than TNA with their shipping.

GBH 9 was better the second time around...ha ha. I really enjoyed it both times actually. Strong/Black was overshadowed the first time i saw it. Second time watching it was really a nice little title match.

pumpt73

Reaction score
Montana, quick question my friend. I've noticed that whenever I look for all of the Final Countdown Tour events, they only have 2 events. I have Glory By Honor VII and Boston, but I wanted to snag the other events. Are they out of print already???

Montana

Reaction score
Yeah, they went out of print really quick. (Ohio and Chicago) That was right about when ROH switched their production to in house, and these were some of their first DVD"s they made. So they had some minor quality issues. That's probably the best reason they went out so quick. Glory by Honor was OOP for a while too, but i think they brought that back twice. Both shows were solid, but nothing that is a must see or own other than it being Dragons last matches. Dayton had Richards vs. Castagnoli which was a nice throw in for Dayton. Chicago had Wolves vs. Briscoes too. These were about a 7.5-8.0 out of 10 i'd say.

I actually liked the Omega Effect/ Aries vs Richards double shot a lot better. Those are two of the better 2009 shows.