Random ROH Talk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

The bad thing is, this is exactly where ECW was. HOWEVER....ROH has learned a few lessons from what was ECW. They have their talent under contract. As far as does ROH have a future, I'd say yes. ALthough it doesn't appear they are making money hand over fist, as they were....they've cut a lot of cost. They still bring in decent house show attendence, and really are still the top indy today. Even with the Monday Night Wars...i still see ROH's fanbase growing larger and larger.

Reaction score
A solid tv deal is hurting. I have Time Warne cable and no joke, the same week ROH debuted on HDNet the contract ran out and it's gone. Even when I thought I'd get easy access to it I realized one thing, shouldn't they have tried to get a more mainstream cable channel?

Hometown Kid

Everybody would have wanted a real national TV deal, but execs are turned off at airing wrestling. They'd need a network to air it. I think FX would have been a perfect fit for ROH, because nothing else I can even imagine wanting to work with them, which sucks. But things aren't all bad, like Monty said, they have contracted workers which is a small preventative measure from them getting raided. There's a lot of things that they can't do. If Mark Cuban or some big company invested in them, there would be more leeway, but right now they just have to stay conservative and worry about putting on great shows that appeal to their hardcore fans.

G 3

Reaction score
I am pumped up for The Big Bang in one week. I think this will be my fourth or fifth ROH show. I think it would be stupid for the short reign, but I'd love to see Roderick Strong win the ROH title against Black and Aries. I have been wanting to see a Roderick Strong reign for a while. I believe he should have came before McGuinness, Aries II, and Jerry Lynn.

Montana

Reaction score
ROH is putting on a string up big shows coming up. Each show has something unique.

Dayton

ROH World Title Match
Tyler Black defends vs. Kenny King
Pick Your Poison Match One
El Generico faces Steen and Corino’s choice: Roderick Strong
Pick Your Poison Match Two
Steve Corino & Kevin Steen face El Generico’s choice: The Briscoes
Tag Team Challenge Match
The Dark City Fight Club vs. The American Wolves with Shane Hagadorn
Pick 6 Series Match
(3) Chris Hero with Shane Hagadorn vs. Petey Williams
Grudge Tag Team Match
The Necro Butcher & “Skullkrusherâ€￾ Rasche Brown vs. Erick Stevens & Shawn Daivari with Prince Nana
Tag Team Action
Austin Aries & Rhett Titus vs. Josh Raymond & Christian Able with Truth Martini

(Really not a bad match on the Dayton card, which is like a C-Town)

Chicago

Main Event #1- ROH World Title Match
Tyler Black (if still champion) defends vs. Chris Hero
Main Event #2- Come-As-You-Are Street Fight
Colt Cabana & El Generico vs. Steve Corino & Kevin Steen
Pick 6 Challenge Match
(1) Roderick Strong vs. (4) Davey Richards
Tag Team Challenge
The Briscoe Brothers vs. Austin Aries & Kenny King
Special Attraction
ROH World TV Champion Eddie Edwards vs. The Metal Master
“Final Countdown Tour:Chicagoâ€￾ Rematch
Petey Williams vs. Rhett Titus
Tag Team Action
Josh Raymond & Christian Able with Truth Martini vs. Erick Stevens & Shawn Daivari with Prince Nana

I'm excited for the undercard on this one. Strong vs. Richards and Briscoes vs. Aries/King. (I would imagine Aries/King could erupt in Chicago)

Virginia

Grudge Match #1
Mark Briscoe vs. World Tag Team Champion Chris Hero
Grudge Match #2
Jay Briscoe vs. World Tag Team Champion Claudio Castagnoli

(Kinda wanted to see Jay vs. Chris Hero, but two awesome matches, none the less)

NYC

Roderick Strong will challenge for the ROH World Title!!!
ROH World Tag Team Championship
The Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli) defend vs. The Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin)
SHIMMER Dream Match
Amazing Kong vs. Sara del Rey

Awesome!​

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
Some really good shows coming up, I actually think the Dayton show looks the best, every match should be great, the only one that may not deliver would be the embassy match imo. The Chicago show still looks good too though, not sure who Metal Master is but he's facing Edwards for the title. The Virginia show looks good thus far but there's only been two matches made, Mark Vs Hero and Jay Vs Claudio, I would have prefered Jay Vs Hero and Mark Vs Claudio but whatever, still looks good. NYC show is a must watch just from seeing the first three signed matches for me, Roderick Vs the Champ who I;m guessing will still be Tyler Black by then, Kong comes to ROH to face Del Rey and the Guns return to face the Kings of Wrestling!! Looks great, hopefully the rest of the card is good too.

Great to see ROH being in more familiar faces, Petey Williams back for a few shows is good, the Guns are always great to have back too.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Can't wait for the NYC show, but the Chicago street fight is probably the most interesting match coming up. I wish they'd just get on with Generico/Steen already though, I don't like how they keep doing tag team matches. Generico should definitely go over then take the World title. :D But that's only because I don't think they're going to put the belt on Rod, which sucks, but yeah. :(

Looking forward to Kong and Del Ray, that match should kick monkey butt. And The Guns match should be great too, regardless of who they face, because they're awesome, plus the KoW double the awesomeness. I'm hoping The Guns get to go against either House of Truth or DCFC soon too though.

Great cards, hope Roddy wins.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Rod needs the title. He deserves it. Much better than Tyler Black :smh

But yeah they are really beating around the bush with Generico and Steen.

G 3

Reaction score
Rod needs the title. He deserves it. Much better than Tyler Black :smh

But yeah they are really beating around the bush with Generico and Steen.

Roderick does deserve it. But only after Chris Hero gets a decent lengthy reign. Chris Hero can be the face of Ring of Honor. Chris is awesome.

Klide

Reaction score
I had just recently watched ROH lately and I realized is the ROH on HD net a few weeks behind?

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I hate whenever I get excited for a Chris Hero push, they hold him down in some way. In this case, his tag team with Claudio (who also is being held down)

Montana

Reaction score
first time ever....50% off!!!

ROH Shows, PWG Shows, WWE, TNA, ....Everything...no min. purchase.

Time to stock up if you've been thinking about it.

I picked up the Best of Samoa Joe vol 1 (2.50) , Best of CM Punk Vol 3 (5.00), Night of Champions (7.50), Night of Grudges (7.50), Round Robin Challenge II (7.50), and ROH's two newest videos, Gold Rush (10.00), and Epic Encounter III (10.00),

Mat Awesome

Reaction score
Just watched Monday's episode, and I must say that I loved the Briscoes' match. There was very good action in that match.

Also, I can't say I particularly liked Aries' interview. He is working the heel role nicely, but the interview was scratchy to say the most.

Montana

Reaction score
Anyone check out any of the 2009 DVD's?

All have pretty solid.

So Cal Showdown 7.5/10

Well rounded card. Aries vs Liger is sort of a special event. Main Event 8 man tag was good.

8th Anniversary show 8/10

I thought this was going ot be a little better, but not bad at all. Great main event. Richards vs. Generico was awesome. Kendrick returned to ROH.

Gold Rush 7/10

The show flowed nice, although nothing that great happened. Some good matchups, but wouldn't reccomend buyign this one unless you buy a bunch of ROH shows.

Epic Encounter 8.5/10

This was a nice surprise here. Omega vs. Richards was probably my #2 MOTY right now behind Taker/HBK. Generico vs. Hero was great as well. Great show considering the last minute changes that were needed due to Strong/Briscoe having issues with customs.

I think i am ordering the WM weekend shows, big bang, and best of ROH on HDNET vol 1 this weekend with the 40% off sale.

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new to the board. I've followed ROH from the start, I attend their shows in NY, Philly and hopefully NJ again if they return. I'll be popping into this forum pretty frequently. Just got done watching Pick Your Poison........