Official Women of Wrestling Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Nicker

Reaction score
Imo I have no issue with that kind of heat whatsoever considering that's how old school heat used to be when heels way back when used to be legit hated. If you really want someone off your T.V booing the hell out of them isn't what you do but rather not give them any reaction. Booing a heel hard is only gonna make them stay on your T.V even more so I never got that logic.

Yeah, I guess you're right there. I used to feel the same when Rock turned heel in '03 and Austin turned heel in '01, so yeah.

Chuck Norris

Reaction score
Yeah, I guess you're right there. I used to feel the same when Rock turned heel in '03 and Austin turned heel in '01, so yeah.

Rock was FANTASTIC as a heel. he was HILARIOUS, almost better than when he was a face.

The Nicker

Reaction score
Summerslam news

Rock was FANTASTIC as a heel. he was HILARIOUS, almost better than when he was a face.

lol yeah he was definitely very entertaining, and well, hilarious, but his shit-talking to the audience and his chicken-shitness was definitely great heel acting. The way he shoved hollywood down our throats and all of that, it was genius.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Ok so here goes, just my thoughts on some of the topics already mentioned.

Melina: Definitley needs this heel turn, but other than a brief feud with Natalya there's nothing left for her regardless of her being heel or face. I honestly feel that when the post Mania talent cuts happen, she could be on that list especially if she is to get injured at all during that time.

Heel/Face: I thought Lita's transition from face to heel was awesome. Loved her as the high risk babyface and it totally wowed me seeing a woman doing the highrisk stuff. The heat she then got when she was paired with Edge was incredible and a massive reason why he became so successfull.

As far as Mickie goes, I don't mind whichever she plays although I do love how she is in TNA right now. Still a face but has plenty of attitude about her. Obviously her heel run in the WWE was awesome but i'm glad she switched to face sooner rather than later because I couldn't see any longevity in the crazy, lesbian, stalker thing she had going on.

The KO Cage match was damn good after a slightly dissapointing FCA match. The Thesz Press from the cage was a great ending and I hope both are back to 100% sooner rather than later.

Vickie I find vastly overrated. The heat she gets is undoubtable but let's be fair here, it's not exactly down to great mic work from her, or even good promo content. Screeching 'Excuse Me' isn't really that hard to pull off.

Think i'm all caught up now :p

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
:lol: nice catch up. No I don't think Vickie has these great mic skills or anything however she is great at one thing and that is at being annoying. If you're a heel wrestler yourself does it really matter how you get heat as long as it consistent? If she got all that heat and it only lasted a a few weeks that'd be different but this women is getting the same amount of heat week in and week out for like what 2 years straight. That's why I don't buy the "oh she gets X-Pac heat" because if the fans were truly just like please leave they'd chant boring or not react at all. If everyone could pull off the same heat then (as much as I think he's good on the mic) Abraham Washington would have gotten big heat on a constant basis for being annoying but didn't work.

???

Banned
Reaction score
I'm surprised no one has said anything about it, so I'll be the one to come out and say it - the promo from LayCool and Glamaya (feel free to think of a better way to combine their names because I think that sucks but it's all I could come up with) was absolutely atrocious this week. LayCool's shtick was just plain boring and distracting from the actual point of the segment, which took major points away, while Beth would seem fine one moment, only to be insanely awkward the next. Natalya needs to work on her delivery too.

Despite these four probably being four of the better diva workers right now, I get the feeling their match is going to be on about the same level as what you'd expect out of Kelly Kelly vs. Brie Bella. They don't work with tables or anything above basic spots often, so this just seems like it's going to turn out like their big promo - extremely awkward and just plain boring.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Having read the spoilers and saw a preview picture on Diva-Dirt, I knew for a fact I wouldn't be watching the segment not that I watch SmackDown often anyway. As far as the PPV match goes, I pretty much agree with you.

- Former WWE Diva Taryn "Tiffany" Terrell was asked on Twitter this weekend if she thinks she will ever return to WWE.

Tiffany replied: "if I have to sleep with people in power to keep or continue progressing in my job, I'd rather be poor."

This led to speculation that she was referring to WWE Diva Michelle McCool, who is married to The Undertaker. Tiffany responded to those comments with the following:

"No my tweet was not about michelle. She gained her success and talent on her own, it honestly is mean that anyone would accuse her otherwise. If you are not there or in the locker room with her, its completely unfair to say that about her. She is talented and creative and patient and I have a ton of respect for her."
I don't know how much she can be believed about it not being Michelle because she's obviously not going to want to permanently burn that bridge.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
She could really not be talking about Mccool however she obviously singling someone out in the locker room.

As for the match the segment was eh but I'm just glad they doing something different with the divas giving them a table match to work with.

???

Banned
Reaction score
Fifty bucks on it being Kelly that she's talking about.

I didn't mind Tiffany. While she was awful in the ring, I thought she actually did a good job as ECW General Manager. She played the "I'm going to stand up for myself and not take any shit just because I'm a woman" type character fine and actually had pretty good delivery for her promos. I know some people thought it was forced and that she didn't suit the role, but I liked her much better than someone like Teddy Long.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Clarifying her comment apparently.

She backtracked her remarks Sunday, saying it wasn't about WWE or anyone in particular, but rather a generalized statement of companies she's worked for.

"I'm deleting a certain text because it's being taken the wrong way," she wrote. "It was certainly not talking about anyone or any incident. Just that I've worked many jobs in which the casting couch has existed and I refuse to ever take part in that. so it was a generalized statement of companies I've worked for, which none of you know what companies they were; and It was not about wwe. so I apologize if it was taken out of context and reads differently than what I meant."

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I still call bullshit. Just keep digging that hole Tiffany, maybe next time you should just give a generic 'Never say never' answer huh.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah not buying it either. She probably just realized "oh shit I shouldn't have said that" when people started responding to it. Which in that case should have known better where people are just looking for a story.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
She really needed it so I'm glad. Hopefully her and Natalya can get a chance to have a decent feud but not holding my breath.

Reaction score
Melina better get as much mic time as LayCool got in the past several months, feud has potential to be 100000X better than anything LayCool has done.