Official TNA iMPACT Video Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
:smh

Be happy with what you got ok...like I said yeah it could have been better but it also could have been worst...Like I said I'm not as happy with it as I thought I would have been but hey its still fun...I love the Ultimate X match...its fun as hell...The rest of its fun...I enjoy using LAX...AJ Styles..Samoa Joe...Tomko...MCMG...Its good but could be better yeah but think of it this way...The 2nd game might just be GREAT if you let Mid-Way know what they can do to make it better.

Reaction score
I love this game. Very good for their 1st attempt, I think it's got the best wrestling gameplay ever, just the lack of modes, etc. Kills the replay value.

Beer

Bought this game yesterday. :nonono: Awfulness in a can (-HBK-) I hated it. It offers absolutely nothing and Blaze, WWE, when they had their first try, for the 90's it was pretty good.

C4

Firstly, all of you douchebags listen to this;

In the Multimedia Industry, wheter it be movies, short-films, video games or anything else... there is no such thing as a "first attempt" They have only one chance to prove themselves worthy if they are good then they succeed if they fail then they're a flop. So quit telling everyone, it was good for their first attempt!

Even if there would be such a thing then they should make their first game look ultra-good so that next year, people are damn excited for the next edition. What kind of a marketing strategy is it to give less match types in the first game and more in the next edition? Next, some people have constantly been comparing Impact! with the Smackdown series. No reason to do that but that's the only popular wrestling series based on a real-time company ever made. So since you're doing it then let's see what the Smackdown series offered in it's first three games:

Smackdown - Everything they could give! Cage Matches, Ladder, Royal Rumble, Tag and lots more....

Smackdown 2 - Addition of Hell in a Cell and TLC, introduced the same year the game was released. New superstars, backstage wrestling introduced, season mode made alot better, weapons are more in variety and some other major improvements.

Smackdown 3 - Huge Graphical Improvement, added commentary, Create a Wrester mode is more defined etc. etc.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Bought this game yesterday. :nonono: Awfulness in a can (-HBK-) I hated it. It offers absolutely nothing and Blaze, WWE, when they had their first try, for the 90's it was pretty good.

Well there first game came out in the 90's to be exact

and the games back then wasn't all amazing..yea they was ok but hmm...w/e..

Point is they will get better...Think about what we got to look forward to

Creed,Six Sides of Steel,KOTM,Full Metal Mayham,Super Eric(lol),Knockouts,Full Entrances...and more

Firstly, all of you douchebags listen to this;

In the Multimedia Industry, wheter it be movies, short-films, video games or anything else... there is no such thing as a "first attempt" They have only one chance to prove themselves worthy if they are good then they succeed if they fail then they're a flop. So quit telling everyone, it was good for their first attempt!

Even if there would be such a thing then they should make their first game look ultra-good so that next year, people are damn excited for the next edition. What kind of a marketing strategy is it to give less match types in the first game and more in the next edition? Next, some people have constantly been comparing Impact! with the Smackdown series. No reason to do that but that's the only popular wrestling series based on a real-time company ever made. So since you're doing it then let's see what the Smackdown series offered in it's first three games:

Smackdown - Everything they could give! Cage Matches, Ladder, Royal Rumble, Tag and lots more....

Smackdown 2 - Addition of Hell in a Cell and TLC, introduced the same year the game was released. New superstars, backstage wrestling introduced, season mode made alot better, weapons are more in variety and some other major improvements.

Smackdown 3 - Huge Graphical Improvement, added commentary, Create a Wrester mode is more defined etc. etc.

Now yeah I agree that the TNA Game is not as good as Smackdown games just yet

but If you thinking those are the first games your sadly wrong

This is the info for the oldest WWE Game I would find back when it was WWF...and its from 89..

All wrestlers possess a limited amount of moves, which comprise of basic standing punches and kicks, headbutts, a running attack, a move off the turnbuckle (André the Giant can't do this), and a body slam (Bam Bam Bigelow and Honky Tonk Man can't do this). All wrestlers also possess a "back attack" that they can use on an opponent standing behind them (usually a backwards punch). The moves themselves are somewhat tailored to each wrestler (Randy Savage, for example, uses elbow smashes instead of punches, while Bam Bam Bigelow has two running attacks instead of one). The wrestlers cannot leave the ring and can only execute turnbuckle attacks from the bottom two corners. Sometimes, while a wrestler is being pounded on, they will turn red, indicating anger. An "angry" wrestler can inflict more damage than normal while in this state. Sometimes during a match, an icon will come on screen that a wrestler can pick up to gain health. The icons are unique to each wrestler (for example, Honky Tonk Man's looks like a guitar, while Hulk Hogan's looks like a crucifix) and cannot be used interchangeably (wrestlers can only pick up their own icons).

Players can either play a single exhibition match (one player versus the computer or two players head-to-head) or a tournament. In a single player tournament, the player chooses one wrestler and must defeat the other five in a series of matches to win the championship. In a tournament with two or more player-controlled wrestlers (up to six can play), each wrestler faces every other wrestler once (fifteen total matches). At the end of the tournament, the wrestler with the best record wins the championship. In the event of a tie, the wrestler in the tie who achieved the single fastest victory during the tournament will be declared the winner.

Now lets see....what off this have people complained about for TNA's for game

and yes I know the year difference but people keep thinking there first games were the Smackdown games our late 90 games or the TNA game was no where near like there first game...so lets see

All wrestlers possess a limited amount of moves, which comprise of basic standing punches and kicks, headbutts, a running attack, a move off the turnbuckle (André the Giant can't do this), and a body slam (Bam Bam Bigelow and Honky Tonk Man can't do this). All wrestlers also possess a "back attack" that they can use on an opponent standing behind them (usually a backwards punch). The moves themselves are somewhat tailored to each wrestler (Randy Savage, for example, uses elbow smashes instead of punches, while Bam Bam Bigelow has two running attacks instead of one). The wrestlers cannot leave the ring and can only execute turnbuckle attacks from the bottom two corners.

Ok limited move set...I've seen people say that about TNA and there FIRST game

well looks like they had that in there first game...but hey at least on TNA you can get out the ring...
Players can either play a single exhibition match (one player versus the computer or two players head-to-head) or a tournament. In a single player tournament, the player chooses one wrestler and must defeat the other five in a series of matches to win the championship. In a tournament with two or more player-controlled wrestlers (up to six can play), each wrestler faces every other wrestler once (fifteen total matches). At the end of the tournament, the wrestler with the best record wins the championship. In the event of a tie, the wrestler in the tie who achieved the single fastest victory during the tournament will be declared the winner.

WOW Two match types...TNA has 4...and then differnt ways of them 4

so TNA has more match types...oh wait also

The game features six wrestlers: Hulk Hogan, André the Giant, "Macho Man" Randy Savage, The Honky Tonk Man, Bam Bam Bigelow, and "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase.

WOW 6 Wrestlers

now look don't come back with me about they can do more with games now...I don't want that crap...what I'm saying is you can't judge off a first game how good there games will be in the future..

chessarmy

^ Are you fucking kidding me? That game was created in the fucking 80's, obviously it won't have lots of features. I can't believe you're even comparing TNA iMPACT! to a game made in fucking 1989, you're kidding right? Do you even understand the amount of graphical improvements that we have now compared to back then? The TNA iMPACT! game was made in 2008, and there is no doubt at all that the lack of features, the shitty storyline mode, and the lackluster gameplay makes this a disappointing game. And there is NOTHING that you can say to change that.

The Rated R CMStar

First attempt...my ass. Nice going, I love how some of you people went from "TNA iMPACT will so be oh so much better than SD vs Raw 09, you'll see", to "It doesn't matter, it was the first attempt, I'm sure it will be better next year. BUT IT'S BETTER THAN A 80'S GAME!"

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

That first time shit is serious bullshit.

They started development in late 06. They had plenty of time to make this a good game. Instead they fucking blew it.

Gears of War and Resistance had a first time and they both turned out awesome. That first time stuff is pure bullshit.

You compared this to a FUCKING old ass WWF game.

Compare it Day of Reckoning 1 or 2, or SvR 05, 06, 07, and 08.

They are ALL better the TNA Shitpact!

This may not even have a sequel due to poor ass sales.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
^ Are you fucking kidding me? That game was created in the fucking 80's, obviously it won't have lots of features. I can't believe you're even comparing TNA iMPACT! to a game made in fucking 1989, you're kidding right? Do you even understand the amount of graphical improvements that we have now compared to back then? The TNA iMPACT! game was made in 2008, and there is no doubt at all that the lack of features, the shitty storyline mode, and the lackluster gameplay makes this a disappointing game. And there is NOTHING that you can say to change that.
See thats not what I was saying

If you wanna say how the first game has all this like I said...Its not the year its you judging a series and future games of theres based on one game and saying no one will buy the 2nd game.You might not be saying it but its been said

First attempt...my ass. Nice going, I love how some of you people went from "TNA iMPACT will so be oh so much better than SD vs Raw 09, you'll see", to "It doesn't matter, it was the first attempt, I'm sure it will be better next year. BUT IT'S BETTER THAN A 80'S GAME!"
Well see I never said that it would be better then 09...

I knew there first game would not be a blowout...ok..and I agree with the people saying it will be better next time they have one

That first time shit is serious bullshit.

They started development in late 06. They had plenty of time to make this a good game. Instead they fucking blew it.

Gears of War and Resistance had a first time and they both turned out awesome. That first time stuff is pure bullshit.

You compared this to a FUCKING old ass WWF game.

Compare it Day of Reckoning 1 or 2, or SvR 05, 06, 07, and 08.

They are ALL better the TNA Shitpact!

This may not even have a sequel due to poor ass sales.

Day of Reckoning 1 and 2 both sucked IMO and Impact is better then both of them...

Same type of storymode where your a CAW but TNA's I've gotten in to and like it....I hated the ones of on Day of Reckoning 1 and 2....and Wrestlemaina 21 also had that type of storyline...and well that game sucked cause you had to have non-wrestlers music...which sucked and could not even use your own music...

Raw 1 and 2 on X-Box both well...sucked also...

The only good WWE games have been the Smackdown Series and No Mercy...

WWE's first good game was No Mercy and that was after how many tries...THANK YOU..

Attitude and Warzone and all them games before No Mercy SUCKED...No Mercy was GREAT but that was there what...5 6...8 game IDK but yeah

then since then only the Smackdown games have been good..

all them Gamecube games sucked...the X-Box games sucked...

the GBA games sucked...what was it Wreslemaina 18 that had where in Storymode you went around like beat people up and malls and differnt things to get back at Vince...OH WOW...Nice Storymode..and it was made in 2002 and was critized for its lack of season mode....So yeah looks like WWE has had CRAPPY games also...and TNA is not even a crappy game...but does have room to make it better.

C4

This is the info for the oldest WWE Game I would find back when it was WWF...and its from 89..

And what? That game sucked?

Of course it did moron, there was no widely expanded Multimedia industry back then as there is now.

Nation

If you wanna say how the first game has all this like I said...Its not the year its you judging a series and future games of theres based on one game and saying no one will buy the 2nd game.You might not be saying it but its been said

Well see I never said that it would be better then 09...

I knew there first game would not be a blowout...ok..and I agree with the people saying it will be better next time they have one

Day of Reckoning 1 and 2 both sucked IMO and Impact is better then both of them...

Same type of storymode where your a CAW but TNA's I've gotten in to and like it....I hated the ones of on Day of Reckoning 1 and 2....and Wrestlemaina 21 also had that type of storyline...and well that game sucked cause you had to have non-wrestlers music...which sucked and could not even use your own music...

Raw 1 and 2 on X-Box both well...sucked also...

The only good WWE games have been the Smackdown Series and No Mercy...

WWE's first good game was No Mercy and that was after how many tries...THANK YOU..

Attitude and Warzone and all them games before No Mercy SUCKED...No Mercy was GREAT but that was there what...5 6...8 game IDK but yeah

then since then only the Smackdown games have been good..

all them Gamecube games sucked...the X-Box games sucked...

the GBA games sucked...what was it Wreslemaina 18 that had where in Storymode you went around like beat people up and malls and differnt things to get back at Vince...OH WOW...Nice Storymode..and it was made in 2002 and was critized for its lack of season mode....So yeah looks like WWE has had CRAPPY games also...and TNA is not even a crappy game...but does have room to make it better.

Why the fuck would you compare Impact to GBA games? Obviously it would have sucked on the GBA compared to a game on a next generation console. Raw 2 is way better than Impact because of it's features. Also you compared Impact to the first WWE game made? wow you fail.

The Rated R CMStar

You fail because you keep comparing iMPACT to the first attempts of the WWE games. The first attempts of WWE were in the 80's and early 90's. This is 2008, and the damn game was on development since 2006. If anything, compare it to SD vs Raw 2006, in which it still fails.

And man, a game doesn't suck just because you can use your own music or small things like that. TNA iMPACT sucked all around.

C4

And man, a game doesn't suck just because you can use your own music or small things like that. TNA iMPACT sucked all around.

Exactly, you get bored in just an hour it's THAT repetitive.

TNA Impact! was a poor attempt made by Midway Games and the company itself. I rated it 4/10 for the graphics only on IGN and that's exactly what it deserves, the gameplay is.... as I said BORING.

chessarmy

:confused: