Official TNA iMPACT Video Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

TNA iMPACT! is a planned professional wrestling video game to be based on the Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA) professional wrestling promotion. It is scheduled to be released in Spring 2008 on the PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Wii, and Xbox 360 consoles by Midway Games.

After a period of negotiation with Electronic Arts, TNA signed a multi-year agreement with Midway Games on November 7, 2005 to publish games for consoles, PCs, and handhelds. Midway announced their intentions to release the game, the first in TNA's history, for each of the seventh generation consoles on March 2, 2006. TNA wrestlers Samoa Joe and A.J. Styles, both self described "hardcore gamers", were confirmed as taking part in meetings with Midway staff to brainstorm game-play ideas, with Styles and Jeff Jarrett also taking part in motion capture sessions. In an interview with IGN, Samoa Joe has said that he lives near Midway's Los Angeles studios and stops in whenever he has time to see how the game is coming and give the team new ideas.

Members of the TNA roster were "scanned" for the game during the October 23, 2006 tapings of TNA iMPACT!, and on the same night the Midway crew took audio samples of actual crowd reaction from the Impact! Zone. TNA's official website reported that wrestlers were "blown away" by the detail of the A.J. Styles model they were allowed to preview, which included a scar from a busted lip he'd sustained in a match just earlier that year.

A 30 second trailer for the game debuted on December 13, first being uploaded to the IGN website, then airing during the Spike TV Video Game Awards.

Confirmed roster
Kurt Angle
Christian Cage
Christopher Daniels
Jeff Jarrett
Samoa Joe
Rhino
A.J. Styles

Trailer

[yt]r-0OO5AabI8[/yt]​

Since there is a topic on the WWE game, I figured Id make one on the upcoming TNA one. Start the countdown and discuss......

xtremebadass

That roster looks awesome, probably Team 3D, Steiners, and a couple X-Division guys are going to be added, but since it's the first of it's kind, I am not expecting much, but I will buy it none the less, now it's going to be 2 games a year instead of the annual SDvsRaw because that's the only game I get every year, lol.

PeepShow

Meh, I doubt Team 3-D will be in it considering they want to leave soon. Who knows though

xtremebadass

Well it should be coming together since it comes out in the spring, so I would think they would have a bigger confirmed roster, but then again I am not expecting too much lol

PeepShow

I just hope they have good matches and shit. I would be the shit if the Elivation X match was on there. Can you say GORE GORE GORE!!!!

Reaction score
I can't wait for this. All I want is a good roster, decent graphics, and realistic matches that last well more than 5 mins. unlike the WWE games...

JJdaBuckeye

Reaction score
i just want the cool ring. anything else they throw in is just a big BONUS

Kassidy

Reaction score
Where did you get the info? ign doesnt have that up and there is no street date still so its not a countdown, also the trailer has been up for a long while now and nothing new since then.

PeepShow

I got the info from wikipedia. Go ahead and rag on me.

"WIKIPEDIA IS NOT A RELIABLE SOURCE"!!!!

Kassidy

Reaction score
LOL yea you said it, yea they have been pushing this game back for over a year dont get your hopes up cuz it will probly get pushed again, and you do know anyone can edit wiki? and the only confirmed superstars are AJ and Joe cuz they were in the video

PeepShow

Ok, then tell Great One to delete thethread then.....lol. I just thought It might be a good idea, since you have your SvR one

Kassidy

Reaction score
no you dont have to delete it, i posted this thread in old iwf, not the roster part put i posted about it and the poster with the trailer im just saying, no one get your hopes up untill a date is set and there are actually prove of a roster

Off topic who is the girl in your avatar?

But im not to excited about this game, it looks good and i love the X division but Midway is making it and i watched a interview about it and i dont like how they described it, the word they used is its going to have a new feel for a wrestling game, a arcade feeling and i hate arcade games, but i guess just wait to see gameplay footage if it ever comes out