Official TNA iMPACT Video Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

C4

Poor attempt at trying to argue Blaze, it's all one sided.

Compare it to older WWE games or not, the fact is that TNA Impact! itself was worth nothing and was a poor game all in all.

END.

This Guy

the 1st attempt arguement is flawed anyways. It was MIDWAY's first attempt at a wrestling game. Blaze you keep talking about games that came out in the 80's. Well those WWE/F games were not developed by or published by the people who are doing the WWE/F games now. The first WWE/F Games by Yukes/Jakks Pacific & THQ was the Smackdown 1 game from PSone. And it was leaps and bounds better then Impact. Graphically no, but it was a 16 bit system vs. High Def systems of today so of course the graphics aren't as nice, but they were pretty good for there time. WWF Wrestlemania for the NES which is one of the oldest WWF games was by LJN which was later bought by Acclaim....Acclaim in my opinions games were pretty good for the times and then by N64/PSone days when games like Attitude, War Zone and then later the two ECW games came out were horriable.

Was Day of Reckoning featured depthed? No, but it also wasn't there first game and still had the same basic quality game play. WM21 they tried something new, and it didn't really work out.

If your going to compare the current developers of WWE vs. TNA you can not include the Raw games from X-Box as they were not by Yukes, any game prior to Smackdown on PSone as none of them were by Yukes.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
did anyone see this

what was it Wreslemaina 18 that had where in Storymode you went around like beat people up and malls and differnt things to get back at Vince...OH WOW...Nice Storymode..and it was made in 2002 and was critized for its lack of season mode....So yeah looks like WWE has had CRAPPY games also...and TNA is not even a crappy game...but does have room to make it better.

that was a GAMECUBE game from 2002...

Really just STFU...I got my opinion and I'm not gonna change it like you all are not gonna change it.

C4

Really just STFU...I got my opinion and I'm not gonna change it like you all are not gonna change it.

No, it's just that you fail at the argument.

what was it Wreslemaina 18 that had where in Storymode you went around like beat people up and malls and differnt things to get back at Vince...OH WOW...Nice Storymode..and it was made in 2002 and was critized for its lack of season mode....So yeah looks like WWE has had CRAPPY games also...and TNA is not even a crappy game...but does have room to make it better.

It still made sense, and they tried to have good features in the game. It wasn't a "crappy" game as you call it.

The Rated R CMStar

Again, you are comparing a GBA game to a multi-console video game.

Also, I am amazed how people went from saying that this game would compete with SD vs Raw and I quote: "help TNA reach the 1.3 in ratings", and now, they are saying there's room for improvement.

And like I said before, not having certain features on a game doesn't make it suck, however in TNA iMPACT, it isn't some things that suck, it sucks all around, the gameplay, the AI, the match types, the story mode.

PeepShow

Also, I am amazed how people went from saying that this game would compete with SD vs Raw and I quote: "help TNA reach the 1.3 in ratings", and now, they are saying there's room for improvement.

Agreed. When I first read and saw this game was coming out and then saw some of the beginning stuff to it, I thought it was going to be amazing. About the exact opposite now and I totally refuse to even play it. Looks horrible besides the graphics and motion censored moves.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Again, you are comparing a GBA game to a multi-console video game.

And like I said before, not having certain features on a game doesn't make it suck, however in TNA iMPACT, it isn't some things that suck, it sucks all around, the gameplay, the AI, the match types, the story mode.

I like the game play...the AI yeah its kinda crappy...but the match types is gonna be better next time I hope...and Story Mode rocks.

Also...Wreslemaina 18 IS A GAMECUBE GAME

Not a stupid GBA game you idiot.

C4

Also...Wreslemaina 18 IS A GAMECUBE GAME

Not a stupid GBA game you idiot.

Doesn't matter, you're still comparing it to a multi-console game moron.

Travis40

I like how Kurt Angle was marking for this game, saying that it would be better than the SVR games....and look what happens now, it just makes Kurt Angle look like a total douchebag.

The Rated R CMStar

I'm the idiot, I am not the one comparing a 2008 game with a 2002 and older games.

Look, all games always have room for improvement, so take that of your argument.

What we are arguing here is that TNA fans billed this game as the salvation of the company, they said it was going to outsell SD vs Raw, be way better and even introduce TNA to the mainstream.

But the game sucked.

Sure, you can go and find comfort comparing it to the first attempts of WWE games in each console and yeah, maybe they sucked, but doing that is a stupid argument because:

1)iMPACT will not compete against Wrestlemania 18 or any of the older games, it will compete with SD vs Raw 08 and SD vs Raw 09, and both games are better, maybe not in some features, but all around yes.

2) iMPACT has too many flaws, way too many, and yeah, you are right, all the first WWE games in each console had flaws but..., they were years ago, there wasn't the tecnology that there is now, so to have such a bad game in gameplay in 2008 is unacceptable. First attempt for TNA yes, but it isn't Midway's first game, so that argument also fails.

3) You might be waiting for next year's game, but the point of this game was to introduce TNA to all the other wrestling fans that didn't know about the company, and if I for example didn't know about TNA, and went and pick up this game, not only would I never come close to TNA, but never again pick up another edition of this game

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I never said it would be better then the SD vs Raw games now did I...I said it would be good and it is...IDC what anyone says its still a good game..

Love the storyline I got in to it...I was sitting there like whats gonna happen next is he ever gonna remember who he was and all that...It was amazing...

The gameplay yes can see some improvement but overall its good..

Ultimate X...I love it...I usely use Homicide or AJ Styles in it and I just love the match its crazy fast and fun....better then a ladder match IMO..

Now think the next game...we have KOTM to look forward to...Six Sides of Steel and Full Metal Mayham...so really its gonna get better trust me.

Travis40

Blaze, CMS's point was that TNA was trying to draw new fans by selling a game...I'll tell a story.

I have no fucking idea what TNA is...I see their game and I rent it...K? This is TNA's goal.

I play the game and it's total shit....that would make me stay away from watching TNA or buying/renting another TNA game ever again...the first game has to be GREAT...it can't just be good....especially with all the hype that TNA put into it. It seems that you're the only member on this forum who likes this game...so it must be total shit.

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

2hob4nb.jpg

Enough of this TNA Shitpact! talk. Direct your attention to the Sackboys.

This Guy

Love the storyline I got in to it...I was sitting there like whats gonna happen next is he ever gonna remember who he was and all that...It was amazing...

The story was an intresting story, but 1) not realistic even in wrestling world standards. 2) was predictable. How could you not know exactly how the story would play out?

Ultimate X...I love it...I usely use Homicide or AJ Styles in it and I just love the match its crazy fast and fun....better then a ladder match IMO..

Ultimate X is too easy. I get up there pretty quick and just keep kicking the guy off when he gets close then go back to working on the X, and if the guy gets up and comes along again I kick him down again. I can win an Ultimate X in less then 2 minutes everytime, and don't have to ever actually do any real action. Its not crazy, it is Fast, and its not fun. Ladder matches in the SvR series is so much more fun & crazy and are actually challenging.

Now think the next game...we have KOTM to look forward to...Six Sides of Steel and Full Metal Mayham...so really its gonna get better trust me.

Well it better get better, cause if it gets worse, there screwed.

Kassidy

Reaction score
The story was an intresting story, but 1) not realistic even in wrestling world standards. 2) was predictable. How could you not know exactly how the story would play out?

Ultimate X is too easy. I get up there pretty quick and just keep kicking the guy off when he gets close then go back to working on the X, and if the guy gets up and comes along again I kick him down again. I can win an Ultimate X in less then 2 minutes everytime, and don't have to ever actually do any real action. Its not crazy, it is Fast, and its not fun. Ladder matches in the SvR series is so much more fun & crazy and are actually challenging.

Well it better get better, cause if it gets worse, there screwed.

LMAO man I love This guy's Input and its right on the button