Official TNA iMPACT Video Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

This Guy

Yeah the CAW could be better but hey its there first game so give it time

but I like the storymode its kinda cool

and two WWE games have had this...well not 3 where u are a CAW for storymode...or maybe more...

I know of WWE Day of Reckoning 1 and 2 your a CAW...

Wrestlemaina 21 you are also..

and I think some of the other WWE games are..but not sure

so I mean the whole CAW thing does not suck to me anyway as 90% of time on other wrestler games I've used my CAW even when I could use a Real Superstar...

I think about maybe 5.00's or so...not sure

Thats not what I ment. it doesn't bother me that you can only use a caw in story mode. The lack of decision making in the story mode is what bothers me.

My problem with the CAW is the major lack of options. Like only having 1 to 4 choices for design on the tights or shirt or whatever.

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

I hate basically EVERYTHING about this game. It sucks.

:mad:

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
lolz after reading like 200 comments i decided not to get the game for my birthday 2 today. idk maybe i'll save my money for other things.

This Guy

oh and to quote a post I saw on IGN in response to all the fan boys defending the game saying its a good start (which I do agree it is, but they shouldn't have bothered releasing it and worked on it for another 6 months to a year) but the quote was "I'm pretty sure my first attempt at Brain Surgery would be rough too, but if I maul the persons brain it still sucks"

WCW Rules

Reaction score
"It's their 1st game," is just a pathetic excuse, TBH. IF it's their 1st game, would they not have taken extra care into making it the best they could've possibly made it? Honestly, where's the logic in releasing a half ass wrestling game just to say, "It's going to get better." Budget doesn't mean a thing; I can make a game on a few hundred dollars and it can be a masterpiece (Braid) or I can make a game on tons of millions, and it'll flop like no tommorow (Lair).

This Guy

The Lack of Match depth was an issue for me as well. I don't get why the only match options are basically standard matches and Ultimate X. Where is a basic Cage (six sides of Steel) match? Where is a Gauntlet match (and no not the type of gauntlet match like what Joe was in on Thursday and that your in near the start of career mode, I'm talking the Guantlet for the Gold type matches they do quite often), that couldn't be too hard to make could it? I mean its just a basic Royal Rumble match and when 2 guys are left it turns into a regular match. And why are all the matches no count out no dq?

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Was WWE first game good not really

I agree it could be better but not as bad as your making it out 2 be

I like the story I've gotten in 2 but kinda pissed that Jeff Jarret is so damn hard 2 beat

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

No just no. WWE's first game was a old sprite game made back in the 90's.

This game IS that bad.

Stop using that “its their first game excuse”

Day of Reckoning
Day of Reckoning 2
Here Comes The Pain
Smackdown vs. Raw 2005
Smackdown vs. Raw 2006
Smackdown vs. Raw 2007
Smackdown vs. Raw 2008

They ALL had more customization features then TNA Shitpact. Sure everything below 07 didn't compete graphically.

Midway had lots of time to develop this game already. There is no excusing how half assed and terrible this game is. They coulda at least took note from some WWE games.

I can name you many “first time games” from developes that didn't suck.

It doesn't matter if it was there first time. They had enough time to make this game better. But nooo the half assed and blew it.

Also when you compared DoR to TNA's Season where you're forced you use a CAW. That was pathetic. DoR came out in like 2003 I think this. This is 2008 and we're in the 7th generation of gaming. That force to use CAW isn't bad but is inexcusable. Midway half assed this terrible game.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
So I'm not allowed to have my own opinion...I think the games good...and they can't give you every damn thing in the first game then whats to add to the next one expect maybe superstars...so what if they don't get new Superstars...or lose any..how will the next game be differnt..

See they gotta keep you wanting more....I mean really I've seen WWE games that sucked..

Wrestlemaina 21 on X-Box was kinda lame...Couldn't use real music...Couldn't use any video...and all that...and that was later and there games...But like I said I don't think it sucks and thats my opinion that I'm allowed to have.

C4

I don't see any match types, the commentary is too repetitive and all in all it's a pretty dumb game that I wouldn't suggest anyone to buy, save your money for Smackdown vs. RAW 2009, this one is a definite flop.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I don't see any match types, the commentary is too repetitive and all in all it's a pretty dumb game that I wouldn't suggest anyone to buy, save your money for Smackdown vs. RAW 2009, this one is a definite flop.

Ok say they give you KOTM Six Sides of Steel Full Metal Mayham and all the other matches they have...they give you everything you want..

Whats to add to the next game if they don't get any new superstars or any superstar leaves...only thing to add is a few wrestler who didn't make the game..

They can't give you everything or there be no reason to get the next game..

JayScorpion

Reaction score
this is a bad game, i mean im not runnin out to return it like 7 people did at the gamestop i bought it at did, but its bad. its making me wanna play legends of wrestling which was bad but alot better than this. TNA and Midway need to rethink there idea of a wrestling game b4 even pondering impact! 2.

This Guy

Ok say they give you KOTM Six Sides of Steel Full Metal Mayham and all the other matches they have...they give you everything you want..

Whats to add to the next game if they don't get any new superstars or any superstar leaves...only thing to add is a few wrestler who didn't make the game..

They can't give you everything or there be no reason to get the next game..

No one said they had to give us all of them. I wasn't expecting KOTM, of Full Metal Mayhem, but the lack of a basic Cage match was shocking. Aside from that the way TNA comes up with new gimmick matches on a regular basis, there will always be pleanty of new matches to add.

WCW Rules

Reaction score
Well, iMPACT! was crap, TBH. I rented it today, and I was unimpressed. The graphics were good, and well.... that's it, really. The matches felt too similiar for my liking, and although some manuevers were fluid, others were kinda stiff. Entrances were crap, and customization options suck, for the most part. The commentary is more awful than the WWE games, and that's probably as a result of Don West and Mike Tenay more so than the actual repetitiveness of it all. Not to mention, no Knockouts. Thank goodness I didn't buy it, as I had plans to.

Even Fire Pro Wrestling for the PS2 is better than this piece of crap; then again, it's better than most wrestling games and it's in damn 2D!