Official NBA Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Texans are so dumb they think boot spurs are a form of Coyote. :)

Enzo, you just keep prattling on, like last year. When we tanked our last 3 games just to match up with you Coyotes and then dominated. That's like taking your lunch money and buying your single mom a thong with it. >_>

As far as Lawler/HBK goes, since you wanna "go there" about a hero to my people, how many companies/territories has HBK carried? How many feuds of HBK's have burst into mainstream, even after the biz went national? How many classic commentary spots has HBK had? Do ya think HBK'll be main eventing PPVs 20 years after his retirement? Has your beloved HBK won 168 titles in his career? Yeah. >_> HBK might be a slightly better worker, but fuck, EVERYTHING else The King has the edge on. He's a 50x better promo, more famous, a better businessman, more versatile in wrestling, a 5 star artist, heck, he can even sing.

[YT]AgaQUxcr9u4[/YT]

v_v

Reaction score
ffftttt...HBK was only a slightly better wrestler than Lawler was???BWAHAHAHAHA.

150 of Lawlers 168 titles are absolute worthless garbage titles, let's not even go there for the 145 time "world" (by "world" we are talking about Memphis, which I imagine you podunk hicks really think of as the "world").

Lawler "carried" a territory that eroded to absolutely nothing as the man aged. Dude had no drawing power outside of Tennessee after 1985, moonlighted in the WWE to help keep the godawful territory running so he could win 50 more USWA titles per year in front of a tv audience of 10 or fewer. Dude got fatter, had plastic surgery and is the absolute worst commentator in main stream wrestling today.

HBK...influenced an entire generation of workers. Dude was the best wrestler on this side of the planet for years, suffered a career ending back injury, came back and was the best worker alive for 8 more years. The man put on the best match at the biggest show of the year for 8 years straight. DX drew more money than Lawler ever did, sold more tickets, sold more merchandise. Shawn carried a GLOBAL COMPANY on his back while WCW was collecting talent and changing the industry with the nWo. Lawler ran a dead horse into the ground until not even the densest podunk hick stopped caring. Lawler only gained nationwide fame via Kaufman, then was forgotten in 49 states, then went to work as a really good heel commentator. Then as a perverted, dirty old man that beat his wife, then as a god awful face commentator while HBK kills bears because he can.

Texans>Tennessians.
Spurs> Grizz (omg, we beatz youz guys last years, eventhough we have 4 banners and you have ONE playoff victory to your franchises name)
Texas BBQ> Tennessee BBQ
HBK>Lawler...you're making me hate the guy the way Nation almost made me hate Rude.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Lawler once made a coked up Von Erich look decent in the ring, he's not as good as Shawn at his best, but King was one of the best of his era, at getting the crowd into his matches, he's what Dusty was to Florida, only with better technically and way less selfish as a booker. You're underrating the impact Memphis had on the business years down the line, in terms of being influential. Lol, unknown in 49 states? I saw Lawler's clip on PTI yesterday and it popped all 3 members of the show (2 from NY, 1 from Chicago), + the TNT guys. HBK's appearances have never been shown, because no one outside of fans already would know who he is.

Carried the company? WHAT!? HBK had Bret Hart, Vader, Taker, Austin, while Lawler had a group of Dundees and Austin Idols 80% of the time. And the time Shawn was champ is almost unanimously known as the worst in company. Until Bret took over with his Canada/US angle, then the Attitude Era, which HBK missed. He NEVER carried any companies like King did.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
And just to round things out...(BTW, HBK had undeniably awesome matches in most of his years. I'm not gonna knock that part of his abilities.)

Enzo said:
Texans>Tennessians.
Might be true, if Texas wasn't 3/4th Mexican.

Enzo said:
Spurs> Grizz

I'm just going by the talent of the teams right now and last year. Not the 99 Spurs vs. Vancouver Grizzlies. You're overconfident in the teams current discrepancies, it's not that big of a gap, just like last year. It's nothing heart, grit, and grind can't turn the tides on in our favor.

Enzo said:
Texas BBQ> Tennessee BBQ

Never had Tennessee BBQ I take it. Or are a vegetarian. Or a delusional Texas homer, one of the 3. :)

Just one more thing on King. I agree he sucks on commentary nowadays, but he also doesn't need guns to kill a bear. He fights them on his own. Fact.

Reaction score
Carried the company? WHAT!? HBK had Bret Hart, Vader, Taker, Austin, while Lawler had a group of Dundees and Austin Idols 80% of the time. And the time Shawn was champ is almost unanimously known as the worst in company. Until Bret took over with his Canada/US angle, then the Attitude Era, which HBK missed. He NEVER carried any companies like King did.

Let's see...Bret took off for 6 months. Mankind wasn't established yet, Taker didn't have the reputations that proceeds him now, Austin wasn't even close to being where he was in late 97. All HBK had during his initial title run was Vader. He helped legitimize Mankind a month later so when you consider he had quite literally JACK SHIT to work with and the company kept afloat, it's still far more than Lawler carrying a ONE STATE territory right into the mud. USWA killed off what was left of a once beautiful, dominant World Class Territory and Lawler reigned over decreasing gate YEAR after YEAR.

I like how you claim HBK was absent from the Attitude era as to you know, the guy who basically lit the fuse to it. But yeah, he didn't create DX, sure, sure.

Might be true, if Texas wasn't 3/4th Mexican.

Wouldn't hurt as much if it didn't come from a guy that's from a home state where 90% of the population is from the same family tree.

Never had Tennessee BBQ I take it. Or are a vegetarian. Or a delusional Texas homer, one of the 3.
There is no other kind of BBQ besides Texas BBQ.

Just one more thing on King. I agree he sucks on commentary nowadays, but he also doesn't need guns to kill a bear. He fights them on his own. Fact.

You think HBK needs guns? Ha. He superkicks basketball playing bobcats, you think bears fare any better? He told Ric Flair that he loved him and apologized before putting him out of his misery. Bears aren't afforded this compassion.

Reaction score
And finally regarding last years Spurs-Grizz matchup... a wiser man than myself once told me that "the sun shines even on a dog's ass." But I can't blame you for holding that one feather in your cap so tightly, but you shouldn't blame me either, if your team were half as good as my team for half as long as my team has been, you'd be a little cocky too.

trilogy

Reaction score
hmm well celtics made it past, and lakers got a 7th game. 76ers arent ready for us.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
There's an asterisk on the Sixers winning that series in the record books.

General question, is Carmelo a superstar?

Reaction score
There's an asterisk on the Sixers winning that series in the record books.

General question, is Carmelo a superstar?

Melo is a superstar. He isn't a no.1 though. He isn't going to win you a championship as your no.1 guy. He's akin to Alex English or Bernanrd King, just not as good, with less heart and a terrible defender.

There's nothing wrong being a no.2. Scottie Pippen is one of the 50 Greatest Players of All Time, but he was also the greatest no.2 guy of all time. You can be a superstar, a no.2 and win championships all the same.

If GMs could decipher the difference between a no.1 guy and certain players could deal with the fact they aren't no.1s, there might be a little more parity and competition in the NBA and dumb ass GMs wouldn't give players contracts they aren't worth. There are about 15 guys being paid no.1 guy money that aren't worth it, Melo is one of them.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Melo has less heart than English or King? After Kobe, Melo's the only guy I want shooting when it matters... Durant's getting there tho.

Otherwise, I agree with you... however, I think he's a true No. 2 option in particular systems... the current Knicks system being one of them. It also doesn't help when your big is in there acting like the most selfish, crybaby bitch of all time. It also doesn't help that they don't have a Point Guard who can actually run the offense based on the offense (as well as others doing their own job) opposed to how he wants to run it [reckless].

Knicks are going to benefit greatly from Shumpert returning though. In all seriousness, the kid might be the best defensive presence in the league.

But the Knics have done what they've always done, buy names, trade off youth, and end up in cap trouble. They can't cut or trade any of their starters, and they can't acquire a better bench because of it.

Reaction score
Melo has less heart than English or King?

Yup. King or English NEVER quit on their teams, that alone shows what kind of heart Melo has.English took a far less talented Denver team to the Western Finals but lost to a better Lakers team than Melo did. He was also a better leader.

I'm not saying I wouldn't want him taking a clutch shot, personally I'd take Wade, Peirce, Bean, Gino and Acne over him with no hesitation, but doesn't mean he has heart. Heart wins championships, clutch shots can win you a meaningless mid season as much as it can win pivotal playoff games. LBJ has hit more meaningless clutch shots than Melo but has gone cold when it matters. But his HEART has at least gotten him there.
For what it's worth, Amare is a no.2 guy also. Two plus two doesn't equal one. :/