Official NBA Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
HTK:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I was really, really hoping we'd get the Grizz in the enxt round, just so I could put you back in check. But I guess you'll get to see how real contenders put away a banged up team.

For what it's worth, if it was last years Grizz team, they would have beaten the Clips in six. Rudy Gay as their offensive instigator is not good. They are better trading him if ZBo can regain his form. BIGS>SPOTTY WINGS that don't do anything besides score.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Lol, Gay was hands down our best player and the series had nothing to do with him, it was multiple mental breakdowns after game 1, which goes on the coach, and some gaffs from Conley. If we had won game 1 it probably would have been a sweep, and it still could have been in all honesty. Last year's or this year. Z-Bo shrank due to wearing down, not 'cause of Rudy. Look at his first couple of games back in March, the guy was off the charts, but that leg just couldn't last.

You're so wrong on Rudy, it's sad. (I don't have the reg season rankings right in front of me...) As a SF: 19.0 PPG, 1.5 SPG, 6.4 RPG. So Top 10 in scoring per position, top 5 rebounder, and top 5 in steals, with a 46% FG%. Spotty? Can only score? Lol. And he started 65 of 66 games, And he's a high energy player that can pop the home crowd with his dunk game. AND he's 25.

Z-Bo'll be better next year, the whole team will. As long as we don't make a dumbass panic move like trading our best player. Trading anybody really.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
As much as i'd love to say i'm rooting for the Clips to spite you, Enzo, they're hands down a dirty team, even with our screwups, had to have the benefit of some very suspect refereeing in games 3 & 4, and an atrociously called game for both sides in game 7. They don't deserve to move on, and they're a much easier matchup than we would be, just like they were a much harder matchup for us than other, better teams would have been.

+ Admittedly i'm a big Manu fan, Tim Duncan too. So I hope you guys win basically. At least I'm here to eat my crow, (even though I was ready after game 4 tbh.) Unlike some people who's teams got bounced in the first round last year...>_>

trilogy

Reaction score
Celtics will go all the way. Bradley,pierce and the rest will lead it

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I'm not sure what's funnier. The fact that you said the Celtics are going all the way or that you mention Avery Bradley as one of the leaders.

Reaction score
As much as i'd love to say i'm rooting for the Clips to spite you, Enzo, they're hands down a dirty team, even with our screwups, had to have the benefit of some very suspect refereeing in games 3 & 4, and an atrociously called game for both sides in game 7. They don't deserve to move on, and they're a much easier matchup than we would be, just like they were a much harder matchup for us than other, better teams would have been.

+ Admittedly i'm a big Manu fan, Tim Duncan too. So I hope you guys win basically. At least I'm here to eat my crow, (even though I was ready after game 4 tbh.) Unlike some people who's teams got bounced in the first round last year...>_>

I ate shit last year too, pal. I took it like a man and rooted for the Grizz.

And I'm not taking anything away from Rudy Gay. I'm taking away from the offensive makeup of the team. Gay should be a third option behind the bigs. The bigs beat the Spurs last year, not Rudy Gay. Gay is just average as far as scoring wings go. Danny Granger and he could switch spots and both teams would have the same record. The Grizz last year were a gritty, pound you in the paint team, this year they weren't. And honestly, if the Clips had a better coach with a better system, they probably would have finished the Grizz sooner. Likewise, had the Grizz played the style they played last year, they would have beaten this Clips squad in 6 or less, especially when you could tell Paul was friggin hurting the last two games.

All aside, hypothetically speaking really doesn't matter. This Spurs team, right now, is better than last years Spurs team, this years Grizz, last years Grizz, this years Clips and any other team in the playoffs right now. It's not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of fact. 28-3 last 31, 28-2 last 30 road games. Deepest bench, best coach in the league, a defense that is going so far under the radar that it's funny and the second best PG still in the POs. Only team to fear is the Heat. Don't need to worry about a Lakers team that got taken to 7 games with a team that starts Javale McGee (hands down the dumbest player in the league) at center when you have two All NBA bigs up front. Thunder? Not to worry, they'll have their hands filled with the Lake show, its going to be a 7 game series too.

I'm not sure what's funnier. The fact that you said the Celtics are going all the way or that you mention Avery Bradley as one of the leaders.

Avery Bradley is LEGIT. Rondo isn't as good as you guys make him out to be. Watch what happens when he goes to a team that is average, his scoring will go up a tad and his assists will dwindle. Rondo isn't a franchise PG, he's a no.3 guy. Stat rat the guy all you want, look at who's umbrella
he's under. There's no where he can go where he's going to be surrounded by that much firepower outside Atlanta, San Antonio or Miami.

Ainge can make a really, really good move this offseason. Makr my words, there's a better chance that all three of the HoFers come back than Rondo next season...

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
There ya go Enzo, being all reasonable. ;D The comparison to Granger's a good one, except Rudy's a much better all around player. That's really my only problem with what you were saying, Gay isn't a "can score and sucks at everything else" player. Even though I know we're not on national TV much, and that's his rep with a lot of the pundits. He's really underrated overall. You're right on about our style, but again, Z-Bo wasn't the same player after the injury and Speights is a mid-range player, not a powerhouse. We did really well in our new style, we just had a lot of bad luck.

Okay, i'll put the Grizz to bed now until the draft, but 'twas fun at least. I just hope for some cleaner games and better reffing throughout the playoffs for all the series. Honestly, it was pretty atrocious for round 1.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
RE: Rondo/Bradley - Rondo can do some good things, but he's not so great that he's worth all the trouble that having him on the team causes. The guy's practically the Russell Westbrook of the East. Bradley's decent, but he kinda gets overhyped since he debuted on the scene, he's a high energy, hustle player who's a super solid defender. It's a good kind of player to have as a sixth man type, but I wouldn't trade Rondo with the intent of him being the leading man.

The team as a whole got a sweet draw against the 76ers, and I truly wouldn't be surprised if they knock out the Heat in the Conf. Finals. It's still the East though which is yet again extremely overrated at the top. *sigh* Whoever wins isn't going to beat any of the 4 teams in the West that comes out. I guarantee it.

Reaction score
RE: Rondo/Bradley - Rondo can do some good things, but he's not so great that he's worth all the trouble that having him on the team causes. The guy's practically the Russell Westbrook of the East. Bradley's decent, but he kinda gets overhyped since he debuted on the scene, he's a high energy, hustle player who's a super solid defender. It's a good kind of player to have as a sixth man type, but I wouldn't trade Rondo with the intent of him being the leading man.

I disagree, Russell Westbrook is better than Rondo. And I wouldn't get rid of Rondo for Bradley to be "the man", but I would get rid of Rondo for the right pieces as long as I had "the man" to run the ship. Bradley is a capable PG who is a tight defender, put in the right situation he could be a starting PG for a winning team. Boston is one of those cities that players would want to play for and they have a storied franchise. Like I said, 3/4 of the team is off the books at the beginning of free agency and there is a shit load of capable PGs that are FAs, including D Will and I imagine if there's a chance Boston can make a move for D Will, Rondo is part of the deal and it's a good move for both teams honesty.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Meh, Westbrook's a better scorer, but that's basically all he can do outside of being an opportunistic defender. Rondo's a 10x better pure PG when it comes to passing and defense overall. I meant that they're similar in that they're both head cases that hurt their teams in the end, even with the skills they have. I agree that if they could get D-Will, i'd make that swap in a heartbeat. But even with that capspace, we don't know what Williams thinks of Boston's pieces. He might think those 3 are too old and would want to go to a place with younger talent, although if Boston REALLY wants to oust Rondo they'll be able to overpay and bring D-Will there anyway.

You think Williams would really be worth ponying up that kinda cash for though? Especially with Rondo already there? No way would I consider him worthy of being a true No. 1 on his best day ever. I don't see him going to Boston even without Rondo, without a huge contract and I personally don't think he's worth it.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I mean, I'm not all that impressed with the Lakers and all... but... like I said, this Thunder team is SCARY!

Nevermind that they had one of the most terrific nights shooting that a team can have (they're usually right around this mark anyways), they're just a mismatch for anyone they face because no team is quick enough to keep up with them on the perimeter, their bigs are too effective inside if they draw your bigs out off of the pick, and they're so pure at shooting from mid-to-deep that it negates your bigs when they have to step out of the paint to contest a shot leaving them clear for offensive rebound after offensive rebound.

San Antonio will be able to run them a little bit, but Parker/Ginobli aren't going to fare much better than Kobe/Artest guarding the perimeter. And Durant's starting to attack the paint more and more which is opening Westbrook up for even more uncontested shots...

...SCARY!

BTW, Westbrook is playing championship-caliber defense every game so far in the playoffs... and if he keeps this up, he'll give Durant a run for Finals MVP, especially now that the Heat have presumably lost Bosh.

Reaction score
Parker greased Westbrook every time they played. Plus the Spurs have better perimeter defenders than the Lakers in Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green on top of TP and Gino. It's going to be a damn good series, but I don't think the Thunder are scary and dont see them getting a game seven. The might win two, but the Spurs can throw so many different lineups against the Thunder that it will be too much for that young squad to get past.

Reaction score
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197159

So apparently a Scouts Inc. (owned by ESPN or so) writer plagiarized the owner of a Spurs message board almost word for word on his "analysis" of the Spurs-Clips preview. Now the article has been removed and is under review by ESPN. That fuckin company...

RE the Thunder "out running" the Spurs. No...Clippers have very fast guards and the Spurs put the brakes on them then gassed them. But I will say the Thunder-Spurs is the defacto Finals, as the West Finals have been 7 of the past ten years.

BTW, Clips are the biggest fucking floppers this side of Gino's bald spot.

And it really sucks about Bosh getting injured, if the Spurs win the title the "experts" will claim:

No Rose
No Bosh
Shortened season so an * by this title too. If the Thunder or the Heat win the title, I guarantee they don't get heckled and hated on like the Spurs will.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Last I knew, the Heat had no competition whatsoever in the flopping category.