Official NBA Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Lakers are very scary if Kobe isn't ya know, Kobe, and adjusts his game just enough to let Nash do what Nash does. Nash can really add a couple of glorious years to Kobe's career. Really doesn't matter what they do with the big men, Nash made Marcin Gortat relevant.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Kobe's played well with points before. He made Jordan Farmar look credible during the title year. Nash & Kobe will have a lot of fun.

BTW, Dwight will sign a long-term extension with the Lakers. Why would you say he wouldn't? History with the Magic?

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Ray Allen just joined the Miami Heat and I'm tryna figure out what's the best nWo reference. Allen joining is like when Hennig joined or when Macho Man joined?

And don't be salty about Allen leaving, they tried to trade him TWICE last year, he took less money to stay and lost his starting job.

Reaction score
At this point in his career, Ray Allen certainly isn't Mach, he is definitely Curt Hennig. Injured, no where near as good as he was five years prior and just there to take up space and be a name.

Nobody should be salty or angry about who joins the Heat. If you want to chase rings, you go where you think you have the best chance. The Heat are first, the Thunder second, the Bulls are third if Rose stays healthy, the Spurs, Lakers and Mavs are the second tier options, the Knicks are friggin fools gold and really a running joke and you have teams like the Clips, Wolves (yes, the fucking Wolves-2010 Chiefs all over again!)Nets and Rockets that are wild cards, have some talent and/or cash and want to win and have owners willing to spend and deal to get the pieces they think they need to win.

Then you have fucking dumb teams (conventional thinking would put the Wolves here, but there talent is there despite David Khan's best efforts) like the Suns who throw money at garbage talent or just are very, very poorly ran like the Raptors and Kings. Then you have teams no one wants to play for: Milwaukee, Golden State, Cleveland, Washington. And then there are teams that have good talent, good management, good coaching but are kind of small market, or circumstantial successes: Memphis, Indy (small market), Boston (definitely circumstantial (it's OVER. Allen is GONE. KG WILL BE GONE. and Rondo will fare no better than DWill with no talent)). Philly (a decent young squad but could be falling apart).

Reaction score
And anyone who gets pissed at the way the L is poised really shouldn't be pissed at the players, blame the dumb fucking owners that accomplished absolutely fucking nothing in the most pointless lock out ever.
I feel bad when an NFL player gets tossed to the streets like a piece of meat, especially a player like Peyton Manning, but a business man has to respect how the NFL is ran. Employees are treated more than fair and just but at the end of the day, the owners should have fucking control of the league. If you think so otherwise, you'd make a shitty business man.

BTW, Dwight will sign a long-term extension with the Lakers. Why would you say he wouldn't? History with the Magic?

Because he's signing a long term deal in New York one way or another or taking a year vacation in Houston and then signing a long term deal in New York one way or another.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I'm not a big BBall expert but I will say that with a guy like Mike Miller on your squad, who needs Ray Allen?

NinoBrown

Reaction score
I'm not a big BBall expert but I will say that with a guy like Mike Miller on your squad, who needs Ray Allen?

Well if they push for Miller to retire then his slot would be filled but if he stays then yeah it would be filling up space on the bench. Atlanta is definately a dumb team but their owner finally did something smart getting rid of Joe Johnson and that ludicrious contract.

Reaction score
They can start by giving Josh Smith a fair extension. Josh Smith, when motivated, can help a team win. I'd take Smith as my no.3 guy over Bosh anyday. I'd take Smith over a lot of guys honestly and he'd be a nightmare if he played on a gritty team like Memphis, San Antonio or the Lakers.

Reaction score
They can start by giving Josh Smith a fair extension. Josh Smith, when motivated, can help a team win. I'd take Smith as my no.3 guy over Bosh anyday. I'd take Smith over a lot of guys honestly and he'd be a nightmare if he played on a gritty team like Memphis, San Antonio or the Lakers.

Josh Smith is one of those guys if he ever decided to learn to play the right way, he'd be a monster. Instead he spent the first half of his career, chucking threes and not giving a rats ass on defense, then has spend the last 4 years working on getting glamour stats(blocks and steals) sadly he's just now becoming effective in those areas. One of my favorite things to point out is the fact that only 62% of Josh Smith's career steals/blocks have led to points. While it's not a horrendous number, it should be much higher. Much like Dwight Howard he has this incurable infatuation with swatting the ball out of bounds instead of directing his blocks towards a teammate. His steals often led to points in transition, but too often he'd get caught trying to be fancy, or do something else stupid. Smith has all the talent in the world to be a top 10 player in the league, if he'd just use his brain.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Not to mention Smith's out of position at the 4 spot with the Hawks. The guy's better off as a defender against smaller guys, he can get up and get those glamour defensive stats, but he's a liability in post play simply because he gives up strength on tons of PFs in the league. Z-Bo torched Atlanta regularly when he was healthy.

Honestly, I think Harris is a really underrated threat as a PG, and in a fantasy draft scenario i'd rather pick him as a building block to a team than Smith. Too bad Atlanta's got about 5 Point-men atm. And certainly Horford is a better player than either.

If they stay healthy, I actually think Atlanta could fight for a playoff birth, even without Joe Johnson and be in position to score a first round upset over any team besides the Heat. They're a team to watch imo.

Reaction score
The loss of Joe Johnson will do more good than bad. Johnson is an incredibly average player that requires the ball in his hands to be effective.