Official NBA Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

NinoBrown

Reaction score
The East almost looks like a breeze, only one that looks interesting is the Heat/Knicks.

In the West, most of the series can go to 7 games. But it's most likely going to be OKC/San Antonio in the west final.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Hey, sup guys, cool season huh?

I shouldn't be surprised to see everybody pegging this a two-horse race again, but just like last year, i'd give any of the 8 West teams a chance to stand tall when the dust settles. I'll go homer and praise the Grizz, kickin' all sorts of ass since the Gilbert signing. Unfortunately we've got the unluckiest draw of the top 4. They choked though, and blew home court. I'd give game 1 to us as a lock due to the long trip for LA. If we win Game 2, it could be a sweep, lose and it's wide open again. But I think Rudy (That guy Enzo wanted us to trade. >_>) is gonna be the X-factor, maybe of the entire playoffs.

Sorry to rain on your parade, Enzo, but it's gonna be the same game as last year, should we meet again. It's hands down the WORST match for the Spurs, Gasol will just dominate, giving Z-Bo and/or Speights their huge garbage points. As for the rest of round 1 I like:

Spurs in 6
Thunder in 7
Nuggets in 7
Grizz in 6

Bulls in 5
Heat in 5
Pacers in 7
Hawks in 7

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Nice post. See ya in 6 months bro.

Sad for D-Rose though. Now it's time for everyone to overreact and write them out of everything. Just saw John Barry and Magic say that the Bulls might get by the Sixers, but that's it. Won't beat Boston. rofl. They'll still handle the Sixers and should get by Boston or Atlanta relatively easily imo. I still hold my belief that the Bulls can use this as motivation more than anything else and still beat the Heat. They've already done it without Rose against the Heat with James, Bosh, and Wade all playing. They have homecourt. Not saying they will beat them in a seven game series, but nothing is impossible. Time for the Bench Mob to step up big time. HEEEEERRRREESSSSSS JOHNNY...

Bulls in five
Heat in four
Pacers in six
Boston in six

Spurs in four
Thunder in six
Lakers in six
Grizzlies in seven

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Lucas said:
Nice post. See ya in 6 months bro

Wrong. Now i'm all setup and back for good. I definitely missed you guys. :D

Tough break for D-Rose and the Bulls, but I wouldn't sweat the 76ers too much, that was a dumbass thing to say on their part. I'd be worried if Boston makes it though. Hawks are probably better than you guys - D-Rose too, problem is they always choke hard. Miami shouldn't have any trouble at all in the first 2 rounds, saving their guys' top stuff for the Conference finals. I'd rather see the Heat lose, so I'd like to see someone like John Lucas step up as a playmaker, or Korver to develop something beyond a 3 sniper, but the front court with Boozer and Noah are solid too. Meh, it's the East, not like it'll matter in the end anyway.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Wow, what a shot by KD to spoil the miraculous Dirk comeback once again. Fun game.

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
Can't believe the Mavs lost that, Durant wasn't having one of his better games but he knocks down the gamewinner, Harden played well.

Reeeally sucks that Rose is out, its stupid for them to really question them beating Philly but I just don't think theyre getting past the next round, they'll put up a fight and I like Lucas but I just can't see them beating Boston or Atlanta. If they were to somehow beat them then Miami would crush them imo.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
SMH @ losing D. Rose and Shumpert on the same fucking day in the East. Shumpert's loss just killed any hope the Knicks had at stopping anyone... and LeBron went fucking nuts in the 3rd quarter... nevermind they literally have him every fucking call in the book, smh. 25 fucking free throws!? Nah... and dude was paralyzed just 3 minutes before he went off.

Bulls are finished, even if during the regular season they played way better without Rose than with.

Durant's sick. Sloppy game, but the Thunder stay in it until the final moments and Durant puts the game away. Like I said, this team can be scary...

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I haven't seen one person other than myself say they can get by Boston or Atlanta. Some are saying they might not even get by Philly now. Hilarious. You guys just watch.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Nah, I think you guys will beat Atlanta if they win against Boston. They always choke. People thinking Philly's going to win the series is probably a bit of an overreaction. But I can't imagine anybody beating the Heat in the East when they have such a cakewalk to the conference finals, even if Rose was fine.

Reaction score
Hey, sup guys, cool season huh?

I shouldn't be surprised to see everybody pegging this a two-horse race again, but just like last year, i'd give any of the 8 West teams a chance to stand tall when the dust settles. I'll go homer and praise the Grizz, kickin' all sorts of ass since the Gilbert signing. Unfortunately we've got the unluckiest draw of the top 4. They choked though, and blew home court. I'd give game 1 to us as a lock due to the long trip for LA. If we win Game 2, it could be a sweep, lose and it's wide open again. But I think Rudy (That guy Enzo wanted us to trade. >_>) is gonna be the X-factor, maybe of the entire playoffs.

Sorry to rain on your parade, Enzo, but it's gonna be the same game as last year, should we meet again. It's hands down the WORST match for the Spurs, Gasol will just dominate, giving Z-Bo and/or Speights their huge garbage points.

You're not raining on it brother. If you think the Spurs and the Grizz are the same teams as last year, you haven't been watching.

1. Spurs are far and away better than last years squad. They are healthy. Parker is having an ALL NBA 1st team-MVP season. Last years Spurs lost 6 of their last 7 headed into the playoffs. This year; 10 game win streak, in the eight games the core played, the Spurs had the most dominant stretch of basketball that any team had all season.

2. Grizz aren't built around size this year. ZBo isn't a threat this year. Last year he played like an Antoine Walker-at-his-very-best type player. This year his stats are down in every category, that injury hurt him and the team. The Spurs are 4-0 against the Grizz, three games before the roster is what it is now. Trust me, I don't fear the Grizz in any shape, form or fashion. The Spurs beat every team that was supposed to have more "size" than them. Lakers, Jazz, Thunder and Grizz are a combined 3-11 against the Spurs.

3. The Grizz should have traded Rudy Gay. He kept them competitive, he had a good season. The Randolph injury changed the makeup of the team. This isn't a a pound it out team, they are a jumpshooting team. The Spurs are a jumpshooting team with more and better jumpshooters and getting more production out of their front court than the Grizz are outta their front court.

4. Tony Parker>Mike Conley. Tony Parker> every PG not named Rose or Paul.

5. Pop> Linel Hollins. Pop>every coach in the NBA by the widest of margins.

6. LOL at saying the Grizz drew the hardest draw in the 1st round. When did the Grizz become the Jazz?

Reaction score
And it REALLY sucks that the Bulls lost D-Rose. I mean it's good for us since once the Bulls get bumped off we have HC through the rest of the playoffs. But bad for the Bulls and the playoffs in general.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
I'd happily debate your points with you, Enzo, but after that disgusting performance, I think i'm just going to enter suicide watch instead.

BUT if we win the next 3 games or so, i'll be back to feeling like we're one of the favorites, and nobody will remember this. :D

Reaction score
No need to over dramatize the situation. Like I was saying, the Grizz aren't the same team as last year, neither are the Spurs. You'd find that out in the next round if you were getting there.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Talk big now after 1 playoff game, Enzo but mark my words, as far Memphis goes this little story isn't over yet. Honestly, this exact same thing has happened like 5 times this season. Whenever we've gotten a big lead it's gotten blown. The team's character is that of a blue collar team who has to grind their way for everything we get. This choke job may actually turn out to be a huge blessing in disguise, since we've played our best when facing adversity. I still believe in my team and we may end up blowing it all, but I still think it's way too early to just write the Grizz (Or any other team)off yet.

It was horrible finish for tonight and a huge psychological blow though, it really was. I'll legit probably have nightmares.

I'll give up to you guys for handling business though and the Jazz are a really good team. I told Lennie earlier they reminded me of us last year, at least with the starting 5 and team philosophy. And Game 1 really helped us get the upper hand overall, and at that edge is lost for Utah.

Reaction score
Utah isn't a threat though. People are like "they have size". So what, you can have size, but if they play interior defense the way the Jazz do, you really don't have a size advantage. Jazz are as good as swept.

Watching some highlights of the Grizz-Clips melt down; would be cool if it becomes the new Knicks-Pacers playoff rivalry.