Official NBA Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^Blame Mike Brown just as much as you blame Kobe.

Bynum's so inconsistent tho, even as the go-to-guy. I've been really impressed with him when he's on... but he's also been underwhelming a lot this year.

Reaction score
If averages of 18 and 12 are inconsistent as the no.2 guy, I'll take that every night from my no.2 guy. But seeing how dominant that no.2 guy was as the no.1 guy, I ride him as my no.1 guy, remembering that Kobe as a compliment has always had more success than as "the guy". I don't think he was "the guy" in the repeat as much as he was a compliment to Pau. The games where Kobe shot over 20 shots were close games, when Kobe shot >20 and Pau greater than 15, the teams efficiency was something absurd, like third highest in Finals history. And now you have Bynum playing better than Pau ever played during that run and Kobe jacking up as many shots as he ever as, well something has to give and it really needs to be Kobe giving the ball to his bigs. And Bynum as a no.2 guy has probably been more effective than "a once in a lifetime" big man in Dwight Howard.

And it's as much Mike Brown's fault as it is Kobe's? Bullshit. Whoever took that job was going to get fucked sideways. The only coaches who can go into LA and get paid due respect from Kobe would be Pop, Larry Brown, Pat Riley and that's it. Kobe's a douche, always has been and always will be.

More over rated in sports: Dwight Howard's 3 DPOYs or KRod's saves record??

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
You said enough for me to know that you don't know what you're talking about. Have you seen how the Lakers have played with Bynum as their go to guy? Kobe plays second fiddle and it's 2000-02 all over again. Kobe's already quit on them a few times this year, but if he were championship oriented as he claims to be, he'd realize jacking up 28 shots a game isn't going to win them a title.

Ever heard of a thing called sample size? 6 or so games is hardly enough to judge just how good Bynum truly is. I mean are we seriously debating the next best thing to MJ is second fiddle to some chump center? Like really?

Reaction score
So season averages qualify as "sample size"? Silly goose.

And seriously, Kobe, while not over rated is definitely not the the closest thing to Jordan. Not even. Kobe, as "the man" is not good. Take away overly talented big men in Pau and Shaq and Kobe is ringless. I can really, really get into this, but the biggest elephant in the room with Kobe's legacy is the necessity of a top 3 big in his championship years. Shaq piggy backed him to 3 straight and Pau outplayed Dwight in 08 and at very worst should have been co-MVP with Kobe in 08.

If you can honestly tell me Kobe wins a ring without a legit top 3 Big, because he wouldn't win one with a team oriented, defensive stiffer like Pip, then you can compare him to Jordan. If not, and you really can't, don't try.

Reaction score
Also, I wasn't saying Kobe is second fiddle or second rate. I'm saying if they focus the offense around Bynum, it will only benefit the Lakers. Why? Kobe gets more open shots and doesn't go 5-28 when they are better served having him go 10-20. He shouldn't be the primary focus of the offense, it's stunting the offense. Again, I don't think you're watching the Lakers.

Reaction score
Also, it really doesn't matter because the Lakers will concede to Kobe. And it really doesn't matter when you figure the Spurs are taking the West. Thunder are flaming out, as I predicted they would, and the Spurs go deeper than any team roster wise. Again, if they made a movie about Billy Beane, they need to make a fucking trilogy about the Spurs front office and the sphere of influence they've amassed.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
That pass by Manu last night might have been the greatest thing ever.

[yt]FpIgF-8BECk[/yt]

Reaction score
Awesome friggin pass, but I don't even think that's his best assist this year. Against the Knicks he threw a nice bounce pass through one the the Knicks defender's legs. Just nasty. And then I think against the Kings he bounced passed one from way behind the arc that Splitter caught like an alley oop. Who would have thought that the "boring" Spurs of the past ten years would be the modern day Phoenix Suns? This past 6 wins; all double digit victories, scoring average of 116, 8 players on the roster averaging 8 ppg or more. We might not be the defensive juggernaut we once were, but we're deeper than quicksand and have the leadership that no other team has. But I will admit, D wins championships, but fortunately there really hasn't been a completely dominant defensive squad this year.

Seriously, if you aren't afraid, you're stupid. They've continually defied the "conventional wisdom" of sportscasters and "experts" year after year. The best thing is watching all of the naysayers backtracking this time of year with the same old "well it's the Spurs, of course you can't discount them" although they don't finish their thoughts with "even though I discounted them at the beginning of the season and look like a tool right now". Has there ever been a team so continually dominant? And if they win out, and they can (Portland, Phoenix, Cleveland and Golden State (The Spurs bottom half of the roster is better than the latter two teams) it will be another 50 win season. They might be going for one of those "holy grail" records.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
After yesterday, for people to say Kobe isn't the best, or isn't playing winning ball, or he doesn't care as much... the Lakers were down 18 points at the start of the 4th... Kobe hit two CLUTCH threes with another clutch two to get the Lakers a lead and keep them in it in the end... went to overtime, and he sealed the deal... say what you want about Ron's flagrant and Harden's absence... Ron being gone should have hurt LA...

...Kobe is ridiculous. He's definitely not MVP this year.. fuck no.. but for people to suggest this, that, and the other like he's not the coldest killer in the NBA right now is outrageous.

But onto that foul... no way should Ron only be suspended 1 game. Harden shouldn't have run up on him... absolutely not... but Ron knew what he was doing. He might have thought it was going to someone's chest rather than their neck... but he knew what he was doing. Disgusting... except for... well... this is a man who saw a friend get impaled with a table leg on the court and die... and they didn't call foul... they just kept playing... so what Ron did was pretty damn admirable in comparison. Felt bad for Harden tho...

Knicks gotta figure out what isn't working with Amar'e because Stat just isn't playing right. Hate to think it could still be his brother on his mind, but something has to click for this inconsistent ass team. Oddly enough, Melo has played a little better.

But back to the Thunder... Durant had an off-game last night... literally by just a few inches. He plays better offensively when contested by bigs rather than being run down by guards/forwards... he's starting to establish a post-game recently too... looked alright a few times. Nevermind teams have been putting SG's on him rather than SF's recently. Still like the Thunder in the West though... saw some unselfish shit out of Westbrook the last couple games and if that's how he's going to play going into and through the playoffs, the team will be scary.

Reaction score
Artest should be gone for the rest of the regular season and post season too, if not banned from the league outright. Since he's a Laker, he'll get two games in all honesty. He has an absurdly notorious past, he should know better. With the NFL cracking down on bounties, Law Dog Stern would follow suit 70% of the time, the other 30% would be the "Large Market Clause".

Regarding the Thunder: Scary teams don't blow a 4 game lead with 12 games to play. Call it how you see it I guess.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I didn't say they're a scary team. I said the way Westbrook has been playing unselfishly recently could make them a scary team.

Reaction score
I beg to differ. Playing unselfishly and going 6-4 in the last ten games when they haven't dropped four games in an entire month playing the way he was before is contradictory.

Here's something scary: Spurs shooting percentage during this 8 game win streak : 42.5%. Spurs shooting percentage: 54.12%. If this stat belonged to Miami, OKC, Chicago or even the friggin Knicks, BSPN and every Chauncey "expert" would be eating those teams asses. "Nobody since the 96 Bulls have gone into the playoffs in such a dominant fashion" or some other ridiculous byline or statement.

I can really go on and on about why the Spurs are the scariest looking prospect going into the playoffs but I'll sound like a biter homer who is tired of not seeing his team get their due, and I am admittingly, but it is what it is and it will always be that way. The Thunder are better than the Spurs in depth from only 1-2. 1-9 the Spurs are better than the rest of the league. Oh well, we'll see how they shake down. Just imagine how unruly I'll be if/when the Spurs complete the Drive for Five. And I'll eat shit if they don't. I'm ready to do this and can honestly say I'm the most excited I've been since 07.

Reaction score
ds_img_direct.php

iL3FKBZB5Nmem.gif

Can't find the bounce pass I'm looking for, but these are placed here for your viewing pleasure.

And you know what...they're going in my sig now.

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
OMG that pass against the Hornets is sick! I'll never understand why people think the Spurs are boring when they're doing shit like that.

Last day of games today, playoffs coming up, predictions?

Spurs to sweep Jazz, although the Jazz are in good form I just dont see them comparing with SA.
Mavs over thunder in 7, I figure theres gonna be an upset and the mavs seem like the team to do it, keep there chances of a repeat alive.
Lakers over Nuggets in 6, the Nuggets are well rounded and usually play well against LA but dont think Lakers will be losing.
Clips to beat the Grizz in 7, really not sure who to choose here, either team could get it but I'm going with CP3 to takeover in what should be a good series.

Now onto the shit east, I think Chicago, Miami and Indiana will sweep their opponents, I just don't see Philly or NY competing at all and Orlando have looked terrible since Dwights been out. Boston will beat Hawks in 6.