Is Carmella ready?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Carmella could cash in on Charlotte or whoever wins the championship at the event. Much like Roman Reigns winning the WWE Championship, only to lose it to... his Shield brethren - Seth Freakin' Rollins. That's what I was getting at. You think She or WWE kept her booked like that without a reason? No. She's winning the championship whether anyone likes it or not.
I am struggling to understand what you are fully getting at here. Which event are you talking about? If you are talking about Wrestlemania then I would say Carmella is in no position to have a wrestlemania moment to that magnitude. Her character is dead at the moment. To award Carmella the title win at mania, is a bit of a joke, I also don't understand why Carmella cashing in successfully is inevitable. She has been booked terribly, so why is she in any position to be a champion?

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Wow...nice discussion guys...

tenor.gif

And I have a few points to add...

1). While I want Carmella to successfully cash in the briefcase...the
truth is the booking/creative team will most likely use it Wrestlemania
& its possible Carmella will simply be sent out during a Asuka/Ronda
or Charlotte/Ronda match to try to cash in...whether she is successful
or not...well...I just hope she is...even if it means my Queen is pinned
or submitted in the process.

Carmella NEEDS a successful cash in...because if she fails...it maybe
the only thing she ever does in the WWE.

*Looks at Baron Corbin & shakes his head*

2).
I personally don't think Carmella is "ready" to be a Champion...mainly
because her win/loss record is so terrible...but who knows what could
happen. She could cash in & hold the title for a year & successfully defend
it 10 times scoring a win over every woman on the brand.

3). I still think Charlotte vs. Ruby Riott is the feud the blue brand should
be building to...and I'd be stoked to see Ruby win the women's Rumble.

Ruby hasn't been pinned or submitted since she showed up on the main
roster...and she has pinned Charlotte (granted in a 3 on 1 situation but it
still counts)

4). I also think Becky Lynch needs a heel turn...not right now...but later
this year the Irish Lass Kicker needs to become the Irish Arm Breaker.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Looking at the Smackdown womans division i think its terrible. And that isn't the talents fault. Those girls deserve better. This thread has really highlighted just how lazy wwe are. Its clear they dont care at all about this division at all. Every week all the woman are just squashed into one segment, were nobody gets a chance to shine. The most interesting thing in this division is Natalyas cats (im not even joking)

I think its all very well giving the woman the same matches then the men eg. MITB Royal Rumble etc. But until they are booked correctly and have better quality storylines, then woman will never be equal to men in wwe.

Anyway here is a gif of Carmella
tumblr_ojqs5aFvkL1rmv1vdo1_400.gif

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Looking at the Smackdown womans division i think its terrible. And that isn't the talents fault. Those girls deserve better. This thread has really highlighted just how lazy wwe are. Its clear they dont care at all about this division at all. Every week all the woman are just squashed into one segment, were nobody gets a chance to shine. The most interesting thing in this division is Natalyas cats (im not even joking)
The booking of the entire women's division has been questionable as of late...but there
have been a few bright spots in the last 18 months in my opinion. SmackDown at one
time had 3 feuds running at one time (Alexa/Naomi, Becky/Mickie & Nikki/Natalya) and
it all seemed to be building nicely to the 1st ever women's Elimination Chamber match...
but...it didn't happen.

The Charlotte/Sasha feud was pretty awesome...even if their RAW matches were always
better than their pay per view matches...and the wrong woman won at the very end of it all.

And as much as I'm sick of her now...Alexa Bliss has been pushed & marketed perfectly...
of course Nia & Carmella were basically forgotten once they strapped that rocket to Alexa.

And the recent influx of "new" talent hasn't really helped...I'm already sick of Absolution
& the Riott Squad...mainly because they just keep booking them in the same matches
over & over again...& the Welcoming Committee (DUMB NAME IS DUMB!!!) is just fucking
cringe every time Natalya opens her mouth.

I'm sorry Nattie...but I fucking cringe every time I hear you speak...stick to wrestling...its
what you're best at.

But...if I'm being honest...the entire women's division seems like a giant mess at this point...
but hopefully the WWE starts building towards something interesting after the Royal Rumble...
and by interesting...I mean an entire division reboot which I'm not going to get into here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nikki Nitro

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
I am struggling to understand what you are fully getting at here. Which event are you talking about? If you are talking about Wrestlemania then I would say Carmella is in no position to have a wrestlemania moment to that magnitude. Her character is dead at the moment. To award Carmella the title win at mania, is a bit of a joke, I also don't understand why Carmella cashing in successfully is inevitable. She has been booked terribly, so why is she in any position to be a champion?
You forgot that, uh... Roman Reigns had a match w/ Brock Lesnar, won WWE Championship, only to lose it to Seth Rollins?

Did you also forget that Roman has been boo'ed out of buildings just because fans hate him?

And this was all done at a WrestleMania? Did you?

Last edited:

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
tumblr_obp6efN8D91sbzhteo1_400.gif

She does have lovely abs...

Speaking of the topic...this gif is from Carmella's biggest ever singles win in her
main roster career. Her very first main roster match against Natalya in 2016...

She hasn't really done much since apart from having a Blob Fish help her win
a briefcase...twice.

Carmella isn't ready.

As far as her outfit goes...I guess they decided it was better for her to show off
her buttocks & legs rather than her abs.

I mean it worked for Alexa Bliss...

Redboy123@

Reaction score
You forgot that, uh... Roman Reigns had a match w/ Brock Lesnar, won WWE Championship, only to lose it to Seth Rollins?

Did you also forget that Roman has been boo'ed out of buildings just because fans hate him?

And this was all done at a WrestleMania? Did you?
Yeah I know that whole situation. How can you relate that to Carmella? Carmella committing the biggest heist of the century. She does not deserve that.

Plus Roman never won the title. They used Seth so Brock didn't get pinned and stop roman from getting booed. How can you relate that to...
tumblr_oce5h5OM2k1thcpemo3_400.gif

Carmellaaaa

You are right grievous. Since the superstar shakeup the woman's division can only have one story with all the woman involved. Meanwhile at the moment, the tag division have three stories right now. Usos v Gable Benjamin, New Day v Rusev day and Bludgeon Bros v Breezango and the Ascension. The Ascension have more character development then any of the woman. I suppose you can only have so much on a two hour show.

Last edited:

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah I know that whole situation. How can you relate that to Carmella? Carmella committing the biggest heist of the century. She does not deserve that.
I can understand why you would think she doesn't deserve it...but...
I think she really needs it...& if her booking afterwards is strong and
they actually give her a few clean wins...it could work.

Now that the Blob Fish isn't hanging around her like a bad smell...I
want the WWE to push her...I think she has a great look, good mic
skills & she's a better in-ring worker & seller than Alexa Bliss is...so
push the Princess & give her a chance...instead of having her be a
glorified jobber with a white briefcase.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I just think that putting the title on someone who has no heat in a division that is so weak would be very detrimental. You got to do what's best for a title and a division then what is best for one person. Hey she may get over as a champ. Put I doubt that, Especially if they are doing Charlotte v Ronda.

Plus that Bob fish was the only thing that made her stand out. Now she is just the same as everyone else.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Plus Roman never won the title. They used Seth so Brock didn't get pinned and stop roman from getting booed. How can you relate that to...
What? Now you're starting to piss me off. He did win the title. Seth Rollins cashed in on Reigns because he was vulnerable.

Reigns didn't have the star power that he currently has right now. He was boo'ed out of Royal Rumble, he didn't have heat, either. People just didn't like him. Carmella is in the same position. So, winning a championship right now, would be a boon for her.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
What? Now you're starting to piss me off. He did win the title. Seth Rollins cashed in on Reigns because he was vulnerable.

Reigns didn't have the star power that he currently has right now. He was boo'ed out of Royal Rumble, he didn't have heat, either. People just didn't like him. Carmella is in the same position. So, winning a championship right now, would be a boon for her.
Dude seriously don't get pissed off with me. Seth did not cash in on Roman as the champion. Seth cashed in during the match to make it a triple threat. You acting like you know about the situation more then me. Plus Carmella is not in the same position of Reigns. Carmella is not getting pushed as the top babyface, and she isn't getting booed she is getting silence.

I honesty don't see how Carmella now is in the same position now then Roman in 2015. And it was the right choice not to put the title on Roman. So your telling me Carmella should be champion. I thought she was in the same position as Roman.

If anything Carmella is the Seth Rollins in this situation. She's the one with the briefcase.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Dude seriously don't get pissed off with me. Seth did not cash in on Roman as the champion. Seth cashed in during the match to make it a triple threat.
I do remember the match; 1, 2, 3... He even had a celebration of winning. Rollins' music hits. Reigns turned around and has this confused look on his face. Now, it's triple threat.
Plus Carmella is not in the same position of Reigns. Carmella is not getting pushed as the top babyface, and she isn't getting booed she is getting silence.
Reigns, too had that before the Royal Rumble boos.
I honesty don't see how Carmella now is in the same position now then Roman in 2015. And it was the right choice not to put the title on Roman. So your telling me Carmella should be champion. I thought she was in the same position as Roman.

If anything Carmella is the Seth Rollins in this situation. She's the one with the briefcase.
No, I just think Roman changed the way booking is perceived forever. He went from "fuck this guy" to top dog. Pardon the pun.

And yes Rollins had the briefcase, but that's not the position I'm talking about, I'm talking about Carmella's plight...

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I do remember the match; 1, 2, 3... He even had a celebration of winning. Rollins' music hits. Reigns turned around and has this confused look on his face. Now, it's triple threat.

Reigns, too had that before the Royal Rumble boos.

No, I just think Roman changed the way booking is perceived forever. He went from "fuck this guy" to top dog. Pardon the pun.

And yes Rollins had the briefcase, but that's not the position I'm talking about, I'm talking about Carmella's plight...
Why are you saying Roman won the title at 31. He just didn't.
I don't agree with Carmella being in the same position as Roman. Carmella has no crowd reaction. Carmella will never get the same amount of boos then Roman. Plus Carmella is not being pushed as the top babyface by WWE. Cuz WWE know that she is not capable. That's why they chose Alexa over her. I struggle to understand in anyway how you can compare Carmella now to Roman in 2015