Is Carmella ready?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Okay...

After the debating...I think Carmella would be more prepared if it wasn't her push. The fact James Ellsworth pulled down the briefcase and handed it to her, while not as big as a deal since there was a precedent and she's a heel, hurt her look in the eyes of multiple fans. Then afterward she has been booked mostly to lose and they haven't really given her a storyline to work with. The issue with WWE is that in most cases when the Money in the Bank holder has the briefcase for a long-ish period of time (with the exception of Seth Rollins kinda since he was still involved in main event storylines) they either keep them to the side, they don't always have top-level feuds, or lose a lot. I mean, when Sheamus cashed in on Roman, what had he done before other than lose a lot and have a feud with Randy Orton at Summerslam which we've already seen that exact match on that show before!

So tough luck, Carmella. :/

TheprofileofJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
Hmm lets see, Carmella. To be honest i am quite impressed with her, and how far she has come since her NXT days, it's a huge improvement. As far as character goes, carrying herself and her promo work, to me she easily fits at the top of the SD women's roster. However her in ring work is still very choppy, but wrestlers like Charlotte, Becky and Naomi can carry her to good matches. Just don't put her in feuds with Lana and she will be fine. Give this girl 2 to 3 years and you will have a mega star.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

NW1989

Jobber
Reaction score
Holy crap! What are you guys like in a political debate jeez...

Anyway on Carmella...
I personally thought she were ready when she got the push by winning MITB however creative have seriously fecked up any momentum her character had by as first stated getting rid of Ellsworth (even though he was annoying) but she had someone to put her over in the right way, rest of the women don’t wanna put each other over as much which is evident in how relevant the riot squad have become...yeh exactly, not relevant!

I hope she cashes in soon though!

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
With the power of hindsight I can say Carmella is shit. She wasn't ready. She shouldn't be champion.

Is that a joke lol

It's 20/20 and she isn't great. She can get good heel heat, but that's about it. I still think she should have aligned herself with the IIconics/Iconic Duo. Then the James Ellsworth role would have been filled by two people, giving her options to have others wrestle with/for her, and can maintain some level of seriousness. Plus the Billie and Peyton have great chemistry together and are a modern version of LayCool, minus the overt and tasteless bullying angles and Peyton Royce is also pretty solid between the ropes if you let her be.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
She can get good heel heat, but that's about it.
Can she? I should probably turn up the volume on my TV.

I still think she should have aligned herself with the IIconics/Iconic Duo. Then the James Ellsworth role would have been filled by two people, giving her options to have others wrestle with/for her, and can maintain some level of seriousness. Plus the Billie and Peyton have great chemistry together and are a modern version of LayCool, minus the overt and tasteless bullying angles and Peyton Royce is also pretty solid between the ropes if you let her be.
Yeah that seems good. Carmella needs an army for her to keep hold of the title. I would keep Ellsworth though. Ellsworth is the only thing that makes Carmella stand out. Plus the Iconic Duo and Ellsworth could be comedy gold, if you think the Iconic Duo are funny.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Can she? I should probably turn up the volume on my TV.

Yeah that seems good. Carmella needs an army for her to keep hold of the title. I would keep Ellsworth though. Ellsworth is the only thing that makes Carmella stand out. Plus the Iconic Duo and Ellsworth could be comedy gold, if you think the Iconic Duo are funny.

Their stuff in NXT was gold, on the main roster it is watered down, but the execution is always good considering the material they're given (but you can only shine a turd so much). It's even that way with Big Cass, he can talk, just the material he was given with the Daniel Bryan feud was god awful after the first promo and he ranted as long as I do in some e-fed promos when I went over the top with the length.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Their stuff in NXT was gold, on the main roster it is watered down, but the execution is always good considering the material they're given (but you can only shine a turd so much)
They just don't have anything for them. I don't think they have had a promo on Smackdown for ages.

It's even that way with Big Cass, he can talk, just the material he was given with the Daniel Bryan feud was god awful after the first promo and he ranted as long as I do in some e-fed promos when I went over the top with the length.
One of the worst series of promos ever.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
One of the worst series of promos ever.

Yup. First one was pretty good, then went down...and down...and down... They were very poorly written.

*Now back on topic*

If the Iconic Duo would have been with Carmella, then I feel as if it would have given mileage out of all three. Even if Carmella would lose the title, they could run rampant over the mid-card and provide something for women not involved in a title feud to do.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
If the Iconic Duo would have been with Carmella, then I feel as if it would have given mileage out of all three. Even if Carmella would lose the title, they could run rampant over the mid-card and provide something for women not involved in a title feud to do.
Carmella Iconic Duo and Ellsworth as a heel stable with the motive to keep the title on Carmella could work.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Carmella...is just awful...

All the sexy outfits, mic skills & heat can't
hide the fact she is a terrible wrestler &
hasn't improved at all since joining the
main roster.

She was treated as a jobber/joke until she
won the MitB briefcase...which she needed
help to do anyway...then they kept booking
her as a clown for another 300 days...only
to have her win the title thanks to Peyton
& Billie...& the last few months...well...
I'd rather not go into it.

Basically Carmella's only real achievement
is defeating Charlotte clean at Backlash.

Everything else she has done has been
because of outside help...and heel or not...
I just find it pathetic.

Basically much like Alexa Bliss...I hate the
way she was/is being booked & with the
Blobfish back...well...she's one of the
main reasons I quit watching or caring
about the main roster.

I also want to state that Charlotte was actually
injured before Wrestlemania & its likely Carmella
is only having this title run because of Charlotte
needing time off for surgery & recovery.

I think that's what burns me the most...if Charlotte
wasn't injured we may have seen Charlotte vs. Asuka
Pt.2 & 3 at Backlash & MitB...but instead...we get
Alexa vs. Nia 4 times & Carmella all of sudden going
over Charlotte & Asuka...AND IT SUCKS.

You can talk about "Heat" & Carmella being an
effective heel...but no...to me...it just SUCKS!!!

Hell...Asuka should never have been defeated at
Wrestlemania in the first place...but I'm not going
to dwell on that result...at least the match itself
was fantastic (apart from John Cena hanging
around like a stubborn fart)

If you like Carmella...then fine...personally she
makes me feel sick & the fact she's defeated
Asuka twice actually makes me physically angry.

But hey...I just won't waste my time watching a
wrestling show that makes me feel bitter & angry.

If the WWE want to put women who can't wrestle
over as Champions...then fine...that's their choice...
the same way its my choice to watch something
else.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
All the sexy outfits, mic skills & heat can't
hide the fact she is a terrible wrestler &
hasn't improved at all since joining the
main roster.
She hasn't had one good match in her career. If you are a bad technical wrester then you need a good character to have any chance of having a good match and getting people interested/

The worst thing about this is that she hasn't improved herself and has damaged others. Carmella is just a chicken shit heel who isn't over. Asuka is dead. Charlotte hasn't been damaged but it doesn't help her losing to Carmella clean. The only person who has benefited from this is Ellsworth.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
If you are a bad technical wrestler then you need a good character to have any chance of having a good match and getting people interested/
I disagree...if you aren't a very good technical wrestler...
go do something else...and Carmella is just annoying.
Frankly I don't find her character interesting...but then
none of the women really have character...apart from
say Asuka & Becky who are foreign & have character
simply by not being American.

I'd say the same for Peyton & Billie...but honestly...I don't
care. They did nothing but make me cringe when they
finally arrived on the main roster & will they will probably
end up just like Tenille...underused & cast aside in a couple
of years.

The worst thing about this is that she hasn't improved herself and has damaged others. Carmella is just a chicken shit heel who isn't over. Asuka is dead. Charlotte hasn't been damaged but it doesn't help her losing to Carmella clean. The only person who has benefited from this is Ellsworth.
Yeah...pretty much...and as you all know...I can't stand
the Blobfish & the fact he's having such an impact on
the women's division is so BAD...so BAD.

But...like I said...I've moved on to greener pastures &
will no longer let the WWE's poor booking bother me
anymore.