Is Carmella ready?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Redboy123@

Reaction score
If you didn't know by now James Ellsworth... I mean Carmella won the first ever woman's MITB match and became the first Miss Money In The Back. But is it the right time for her to be champ?

Despite her doubters, I like Carmella. She has a great look and is decent in the ring. Her heel promo after winning MITB was fabulous. But I think they have really dropped the ball on her.

IMO Carmella will be losing her cash in and I think that will be the right decision to make. They failed to capitalize on Carmellsworth heat and now James is gone, Carmella no longer stands out in a uninspiring division.

Her MITB contract runs out in June and I don't see her winning the title during that time. Especially if Charlotte is set to face Ronda Rousey at Mania. Were does she fit in? I can see Carmella failing to cash in on Charlotte during the build to Mania.

Carmella has potential to be champion, but I don't feel like her time is anytime soon. What you guys think? Should Carmella have a successful cash in?

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Crash

Reaction score
Yes she should have a successful cash-in and yes she is ready... If someone like Alexa Bliss can be a champion both on Smackdown and now on RAW there is no reason why Carmella shouldn't be "ready" or successful in her MITB cash in.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
By "ready" I mean is it the right time for her to be champion. I fully believe that Carmella can be a good champion. But right now I don't see her winning in the next few months. Unless she has a short reign. And in that case what's the point? Plus Alexa has a full 3 dimensional character meanwhile Carmella is lost in the shuffle. So I'm not surprised Alexa has outperformed Carmella in any way.

Crash

Reaction score
By "ready" I mean is it the right time for her to be champion. I fully believe that Carmella can be a good champion. But right now I don't see her winning in the next few months. Unless she has a short reign. And in that case what's the point? Plus Alexa has a full 3 dimensional character meanwhile Carmella is lost in the shuffle. So I'm not surprised Alexa has outperformed Carmella in any way.

Outperformed? How? Because she has the look and was booked correctly? Give Carmella the same opportunities and she would be capable of a lot more.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Can't deny that Bliss has achieved a lot more then Carmella since the 2016 draft. That's what I meant by outperformed. Carmella has lost the thing that made her stand out. She is now just the same as everyone else in that division. I have no problem with Carmella getting opportunities (she hasn't done much since her MITB win) but her being champ in the near future will be detrimental

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
I hate her ring attire, i wish she would go back to the pants. She looked more legit and like a star.. Now she dresses like a glorified jobber.. Anyway, she could cash-in now, she's been ready for a while.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
If the Charlotte v Rousey rumors are true then I don't see her winning the title before Mania. Unless its a cheeky short reign. I wouldn't be surprise if Charlotte fends off her cash in, to look strong going into Mania.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
I hate her ring attire, i wish she would go back to the pants. She looked more legit and like a star.. Now she dresses like a glorified jobber.. Anyway, she could cash-in now, she's been ready for a while.
Whaaaaaaaat? Dude, something's wrong with you. If you're not aroused by her dress, you need new rose-colored glasses. I'm sure WWE intended for her to wear that to raise her sex mojo. Ahem, sex appeal.

In my opinion, I like jeans, but it wasn't really working for her. They intended for Carmella to be like the USOs are right now - the heel gangsta lady.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
First Off...Nice thread...

Secondly...No...Carmella isn't ready...but that isn't her fault.

If the WWE wants to seriously push you...they will...Alexa Bliss
is the perfect example of this. The WWE have basically been
pushing Alexa constantly since she debuted on the main roster
and she has overtaken many of the women on the roster...

Becky Lynch, Bayley & Sasha Banks being the main examples
of this.

"Go out there & make Alexa look good!"

Carmella (& Nia Jax while I'm on this subjectsubject) have
never really been pushed...in fact both Carmella & Nia have
had a terrible year as far as overall win/loss records go.

Report: WWE 2017 most matches, wins, losses and other stats released

Unfortunately for Carmella...her only achievement in her career
so far was mired in controversy with her pet Blob Fish helping
her win MitB twice...but she is now basically a glorified jobber
with a briefcase & an incredible ring outfit.

If I had to guess the WWE is saving her cash in for Wrestlemania
in case they need an "Out" in a big match...much like when Rollins
cashed in at Wrestlemania 31.

If the WWE do end up booking Asuka or Charlotte vs. Ronda Rousey
or even the ultimate dream match of Asuka vs. Charlotte vs. Ronda
they will most likely end up sending Carmella out there to try and cash
in...and I mean try...because who is to say just because she has the
briefcase means she is guaranteed to actually be successful.

*Looks at Baron Corbin & shakes his head*

The WWE could book Ronda & Asuka to beat the hell out of each other
for 7 to 10 minutes & then send Carmella put there to cash in & eat the
pin to protect both Asuka & Ronda.

I wouldn't be shocked at this point...

In hindsight...Becky should have won the briefcase...

It would have made the briefcase something to truly fear & be excited for.

Reactions: Redboy123@

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
Whaaaaaaaat? Dude, something's wrong with you. If you're not aroused by her dress, you need new rose-colored glasses. I'm sure WWE intended for her to wear that to raise her sex mojo. Ahem, sex appeal.

In my opinion, I like jeans, but it wasn't really working for her. They intended for Carmella to be like the USOs are right now - the heel gangsta lady.

Pretty sure we're not talking about the same attire. She doesn't wear a dress or jeans, not that i remember.

On second thought, don't even think we're talking about the same person.

• Haha

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Pretty sure we're not talking about the same attire. She doesn't wear a dress or jeans, not that i remember.

On second thought, don't even think we're talking about the same person.
Okay, "attire," then. This attire she's wearing at the moment? I dunno about you, but that's hot. You can see her ass, legs, and boobs without being interrupted by anything else. I think that's the point. When Carmella was doing the whole gangsta "lady" thing, she was not really getting over. She needs to be over in order for her cash-in to mean something. Otherwise if she cashes in at the wrong time, her "talent" is wasted. That's why she went sort-of a heel/face run with what's-his-name... um... [James] Ellsworth?

Redboy123@

Reaction score
If she does cash in successfully then the reign will be extremely short. She has no momentum at the moment. Her winning would be bad for the belt and the division. Plus I agree her new outfit is hot, best for business

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
Okay, "attire," then. This attire she's wearing at the moment? I dunno about you, but that's hot. You can see her ass, legs, and boobs without being interrupted by anything else. I think that's the point. When Carmella was doing the whole gangsta "lady" thing, she was not really getting over. She needs to be over in order for her cash-in to mean something. Otherwise if she cashes in at the wrong time, her "talent" is wasted. That's why she went sort-of a heel/face run with what's-his-name... um... [James] Ellsworth?

I don't care if it's hot, that's where we differ here.. I just think she looked more like a star wearing her previous attire, when she was with Ellsworth..

It's no big deal, no need to go on some rant about it for giving my opinion.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
If she does cash in successfully then the reign will be extremely short. She has no momentum at the moment. Her winning would be bad for the belt and the division. Plus I agree her new outfit is hot, best for business
Hear Hear!

Carmella2.jpg

I love how its basically a one piece swimsuit...with shoes...

Redboy123@

Reaction score
No matter what happens, she will be fine. She is just too hawt for burial.
DSXLFoaVoAA1K5V.jpg