Is Carmella ready?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
The whole point of cashing in is to do it at the right time. Right now, that time ain't that. She needs to do something that makes people talk about her.

My bet is that she'll do it during a triple, fatal 4 way, or some other "winner take all" match like Seth did at Wrestlemania.

Crash

Reaction score
I just don't think its the right time to do it. She has got until June to cash in. Were does she fit in? Unless her reign is short. And if so what's the point?

There is no "right" time, more she is quiet and in the shadow, the better it will be for her to cashin and win cause it will come as a surprise and she will get over.

The whole point of cashing in is to do it at the right time. Right now, that time ain't that. She needs to do something that makes people talk about her.

What better way to make people TALK about her than to have a surprise cashing in on Charlotte and winning the title?

Reactions: Redboy123@

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
What better way to make people TALK about her than to have a surprise cashing in on Charlotte and winning the title?
...But that match has to be in the middle of a triple threat or similar, because you're not just trying to reach one person's fans, you're trying to reach others, too. Like Sasha, Bliss, Bayley (yes, I realise this is RAW, but understand the point...)

But Smackdown doesn't have that many women that can draw that much heat. That's the only weakness about Smackdown. The mens side? I can name about 3 or 5 guys that I'm interested in. The womens side, doesn't have that. So, this cash-in needs to happen in a mixed brand match. That's usually Royal Rumble or Wrestlemania, unless they put both brands into Elimination Chamber.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I just think there is no reason for Carmella to win the title anytime soon. If the rumor's are true with Ronda, then Charlotte would benefit more by defeating Carmella's cash in to look strong going into mania. Cuz just like the whole division, Charlotte is struggling.

Crash

Reaction score
I just think there is no reason for Carmella to win the title anytime soon. If the rumor's are true with Ronda, then Charlotte would benefit more by defeating Carmella's cash in to look strong going into mania. Cuz just like the whole division, Charlotte is struggling.

Come on... Corbin already lost his MITB cashin, let Carmella have her time to shine.

Losing a MITB cashin is a very dangerous thing, it can totally ruin your career. Never forget Sandow.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Come on... Corbin already lost his MITB cashin, let Carmella have her time to shine.
I'm open for Carmella to shine. But never put the title on someone just for the sake of putting the title on them. Her character has done nothing since that great promo after MITB. Putting the title on someone with zero momentum is detrimental to the title cough couch...Jinder. Sure Carmella could realistically hold the title for less then a month. But what would be the point of that? Hype up Charlotte v Rousey instead I say.

Crash

Reaction score
I'm open for Carmella to shine. But never put the title on someone just for the sake of putting the title on them. Her character has done nothing since that great promo after MITB. Putting the title on someone with zero momentum is detrimental to the title cough couch...Jinder. Sure Carmella could realistically hold the title for less then a month. But what would be the point of that? Hype up Charlotte v Rousey instead I say.

No, don't bury Carmella in favor of putting over that Rousey hype... I'm really not into Ronda Rousey getting a shot at a title on her first match and I didn't like her in UFC either and her time as passed now that got beaten brutally in her last 2 matches. Get in line like everyone else or stay in UFC, not interested in having her in WWE at all...

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
The difference with Jinder is that Jinder had heat for a little while, that's why he kept the title for a little bit. When he lost it, it just means WWE sees a decline of reactions to Jinder. They put it on AJ Styles to push a certain momentum at least until Mania.

So either Carmella or Charlotte needs to do something that pisses people off enough for a talk.
No, don't bury Carmella in favor of putting over that Rousey hype... I'm really not into Ronda Rousey getting a shot at a title on her first match and I didn't like her in UFC either and her time as passed now that got beaten brutally in her last 2 matches. Get in line like everyone else or stay in UFC, not interested in having her in WWE at all...
WWE needs Rousey in the Women's division if they want more people to know about women's wrestling. I think this will be WWE's next marketing stunt in the coming months.

WWE needs to attract those casuals that watches UFC, knows about Rousey, or at least heard of her. Rousey has a fanbase that's going to follow her anywhere she goes. WWE wants, and needs that.

Basically, Rousey can be the Brock Lesnar of the Women's division.

Last edited:

Crash

Reaction score
WWE needs Rousey in the Women's division if they want more people to know about women's wrestling. I think this will be WWE's next marketing stunt in the coming months.

WWE needs to attract those casuals that watches UFC, knows about Rousey, or at least heard of her. Rousey has a fanbase that's going to follow her anywhere she goes. WWE wants, and needs that.

Basically, Rousey can be the Brock Lesnar of the Women's division.

I don't think they NEED Rousey... You are right about her bringing her fanbase but I don't think it's what the women's division need... On the contrary I think it will hurt everybody else cause they will be seen as inferior cause she will be booked as an unbeatable monster. Also she is no longer as hot as she was back at Wrestlemania 31 when she did that segment with The Rock.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Sure Ronda could get in line with everyone else. But that just isn't gonna happen. After all WWE like making money.

Ronda has mainstream appeal, disciplined in multiple martial arts, a legit badass that in real life could murder every woman on the roster, a world class athlete and a proven ppv draw ( not WWE tho). So if she can't transition to wrestling and be a star. Who can?

But I do understand were you are coming from. Its kinda like the UFC girl coming in and burying the wrestlers. But maybe they can transfer that into heel heat for Ronda.

Crash

Reaction score
Sure Ronda could get in line with everyone else. But that just isn't gonna happen. After all WWE like making money.

Ronda has mainstream appeal, disciplined in multiple martial arts, a legit badass that in real life could murder every woman on the roster, a world class athlete and a proven ppv draw ( not WWE tho). So if she can't transition to wrestling and be a star. Who can?

But I do understand were you are coming from. Its kinda like the UFC girl coming in and burying the wrestlers. But maybe they can transfer that into heel heat for Ronda.

Her mainstream appeal has really dropped tbh, but I get it she still has a reputation and can still draw. I still think its not good for the rest of the women roster...

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Her mainstream appeal has really dropped tbh, but I get it she still has a reputation and can still draw. I still think its not good for the rest of the women roster...
Yeah Ronda going from UFC to WWE. Seems weird, as most of the woman's roster look like they can't fight. And no doubt Ronda will be booked very strong. So I won't be surprised if the rest of the division is buried.

However looking at both sides, Ronda could have a great impact on woman's wrestling. I don't know for sure, but I bet Charlotte would love to face Rousey. How could she not, it would make Charlotte a even bigger star then she is now.

I don't see why not Sasha Asuka Becky Jax and Paige won't be able to have competitive matches with Ronda. And obviously I don't know this for sure, but it feels like Ronda will be a perfect fit for WWE.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Yeah Ronda going from UFC to WWE. Seems weird, as most of the woman's roster look like they can't fight. And no doubt Ronda will be booked very strong. So I won't be surprised if the rest of the division is buried.
Actually, I think it would blow up the division. The division doesn't have a proverbial "Hulk Hogan" or a proverbial "The Rock," or the Stone Cold Steve Austin, it has Charlotte, but she's not "there" yet, the scale of The Rock, Hogan, or Austin. Until that happens, they need someone as big as Ronda. Ronda has been training to wrestle in WWE for a while now, according to some rumors and speculation.

And you even support my thesis by saying...
However looking at both sides, Ronda could have a great impact on woman's wrestling. I don't know for sure, but I bet Charlotte would love to face Rousey. How could she not, it would make Charlotte a even bigger star then she is now.
...which I wholeheartly agree with. Market Ronda in WWE, while Charlotte is next to her or in the background, she becomes a recognizable name immediately. That's how Stone Cold/Vince McMahon/The Rock became famous (over) in the attitude era. Without WWE's attitude era change, I wouldn't have been watching WWE like I did. I would be the same person as I was back in the Hogan/Bret Hart saga; a person that doesn't give a shit about WWF/E or wrestling in general. This is how fans are made.
I don't see why not Sasha Asuka Becky Jax and Paige won't be able to have competitive matches with Ronda. And obviously I don't know this for sure, but it feels like Ronda will be a perfect fit for WWE.
They can, it's just that WWE wants to showcase the "face of" WWE while Ronda is being advertised/marketed to new fans. Right now, WWE is pushing Charlotte as face for a reason. Smackdown currently doesn't have someone like Alexa Bliss, Bayley, Sasha Banks, or Asuka. I don't think Paige is as "big" as she was when she debuted. I think it will take time for Paige to get to that point again, right now... it just seems like she's in someone else's shadow.

Reactions: Redboy123@

Redboy123@

Reaction score
And if we round this back to the topic. In a division were Charlotte is being built up to face Ronda Rousey at mania. Carmella has no reason to be champion over the next few months. She just doesn't fit any were.

Charlotte would look great if she fends of a cash in. Sorry Carmella, I like you, but what's the point in putting the title on her just for the sake of it. Not like she will be anymore over with the title or not.

Now I know this is a very unpopular opinion. But Carmellsworth was great. It gave Carmella a character. A spoilt bitch who was manipulating the vulnerable Ellsworth. I just wanted to put an arm around James and say "she's using you". Now all the possible storyline potential is gone. Carmella is the same as everyone else in a very boring division.

Even the people who are against Ronda have to admit it is so much better then what we got now. Charlotte v Ronda with Heyman hyping the match up. Yes please! Take that any day other what we got now.

Reactions: Solidus1

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
And if we round this back to the topic. In a division were Charlotte is being built up to face Ronda Rousey at mania. Carmella has no reason to be champion over the next few months. She just doesn't fit any were.

Charlotte would look great if she fends of a cash in. Sorry Carmella, I like you, but what's the point in putting the title on her just for the sake of it. Not like she will be anymore over with the title or not.

Now I know this is a very unpopular opinion. But Carmellsworth was great. It gave Carmella a character. A spoilt bitch who was manipulating the vulnerable Ellsworth. I just wanted to put an arm around James and say "she's using you". Now all the possible storyline potential is gone. Carmella is the same as everyone else in a very boring division.

Even the people who are against Ronda have to admit it is so much better then what we got now. Charlotte v Ronda with Heyman hyping the match up. Yes please! Take that any day other what we got now.
Carmella could cash in on Charlotte or whoever wins the championship at the event. Much like Roman Reigns winning the WWE Championship, only to lose it to... his Shield brethren - Seth Freakin' Rollins. That's what I was getting at. You think She or WWE kept her booked like that without a reason? No. She's winning the championship whether anyone likes it or not.