• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

News Impact Wrestling Reportedly Cancelled

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Meanwhile at TNAMecca:
epiccry.gif

Stopspot

The debate about who is number 2 is over. ROH is keeping all their syndication deals as well.

What a day

Stopspot

And they've gotten into markets they weren't in before like New York, LA and Philly. Some of the most important TV markets in the US

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
I guess now might be an appropriate time to once again ponder just how different TNA may have been like these past five years if Dixie had just given Paul Heyman the 100% creative control that he wanted to run the company back in 2010. :heyman:

Bort

WALKEN'
Paul would've also run it to the ground. He might be a somewhat good booker, but he can't handle money. Do people forget the past that easily?

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
I guess now might be an appropriate time to once again ponder just how different TNA may have been like these past five years if Dixie had just given Paul Heyman the 100% creative control that he wanted to run the company back in 2010. :heyman:

before launching into any kind of TNA defense since that's worse killing a puppy among wrestling fans: Yes, it was stupid. Heyman wanted to

In hindsight, I wonder how much of that was Spike TV, though. In early 2011 Spike really wanted the Main Event Mafia back since "that storyline was a ratings draw", and they thought having all the old-timers around was going to bring ratings.
While it never did, getting away from the old guys did hurt the ratings quite a bit and didn't help fan sentiment much (except on here).
Although back then, the timing would have been much better. If you would have taken 2010 TNA and got rid of the NWO, Sting, Flair, Hogan, all the random dudes coming in and out... And just focused on the talent people turned on TNA to actually watch + Angle, Hardy, and Jarrett, and had Heyman booking them? Fantastic!

It is likely TNA's biggest blunder of all time, to pass on arguably the best booker in wrestling history because you didn't want to do what the company needed to do at that time.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Paul would've also run it to the ground. He might be a somewhat good booker, but he can't handle money. Do people forget the past that easily?

I'm not so sure. Heyman having 100% creative control wouldn't have included handling the money. Dixie' s parents would never have gone for that. Giving Heyman complete control as a booker would have, in my estimation, not have sunk the company down the toilet as much as Hogan's and Bischoff's work did.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot

Paul's problem with ECW is that he barely had any money to fund the place to begin with. Even with Vince paying him $1,000 a week at one point, he was bouncing checks left and right. And it's not like he blew through massive amounts of cash or anything, ECW didn't exactly have high productions values to begin with (which was one of it's main characteristics.)

Even so, an actual great wrestling mind > some ditz who knows nothing about wrestling. Even at his worst, Heyman couldn't have possibly done as bad of a job as Dixie has, and unlike with ECW, he would have had millions of dollars at his disposal to run the company with.

before launching into any kind of TNA defense since that's worse killing a puppy among wrestling fans: Yes, it was stupid. Heyman wanted to

In hindsight, I wonder how much of that was Spike TV, though. In early 2011 Spike really wanted the Main Event Mafia back since "that storyline was a ratings draw", and they thought having all the old-timers around was going to bring ratings.
While it never did, getting away from the old guys did hurt the ratings quite a bit and didn't help fan sentiment much (except on here).
Although back then, the timing would have been much better. If you would have taken 2010 TNA and got rid of the NWO, Sting, Flair, Hogan, all the random dudes coming in and out... And just focused on the talent people turned on TNA to actually watch + Angle, Hardy, and Jarrett, and had Heyman booking them? Fantastic!

It is likely TNA's biggest blunder of all time, to pass on arguably the best booker in wrestling history because you didn't want to do what the company needed to do at that time.

Yeah, she wouldn't allot him the creative control he wanted because she was so opposed to the idea of firing virtually all the older guys and centering the promotion around mostly the younger talent instead. (Like, hello.) And the funny part is that as I type this, almost none of the older talent are even still with TNA now. Hogan, Flair, RVD, Booker T., and Foley have all since returned to WWE, and even Sting finally left TNA behind so that he could finish out his career there.

Stopspot

I'm not so sure. Heyman having 100% creative control wouldn't have included handling the money. Dixie' s parents would never have gone for that. Giving Heyman complete control as a booker would have, in my estimation, not have sunk the company down the toilet as much as Hogan's and Bischoff's work did.
100% creative control does equal 100% control of who is booked and who isn't booked, what goes down on show, how the production looks is also something that lies heavily on the person with creative control. Heyman could have easily sunk TNA. Because the man is born with a silver tongue and could have convinced Ditzie to blow money on just about anything.