• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I've always got the impression they were never as interested in it as Dixie was. For the first few years after they bought, they incorporated it as a limited liability company. But I know during the Hogan years, Mommy took over the purse strings and severely limited what Dixie could do financially. I could see them getting tired of it eventually.
Well, that's the thing, you know, I don't think it's much of a problem even if TNA keeps losing money. I mean, from what I gather they're like super super rich so I can't see TNA's losses being relevant at all. Although it's true that her mom took over part of the business financially, so who knows.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more. As I've mentioned many times, I used to be a diehard TNA fan. Up until the introduction of Hogan and Bischoff, I was fanatical about it.

Dixie pretty much pushed Jarrett to the side and gave power to a man so delusional that he STILL thinks wrestling never existed before he did. Then, once the Hogan experiment failed, she decided she could do everything herself.

She has absolutely no instincts to be a wrestling promoter. I can't believe that her parents are going to allow TNA to keep doing this.... losing TV deals and frantically searching for another.

TNA'S early loyal fanbase is long gone. Their idiotic storylines, like Clair Lynch have sullied any credibility they have. And worst of all, despite pulling in strong cable ratings, two networks have dumped them within a year. That speaks to the lack of decent product and makes it unliklier that other networks will take a chance.

Although I disagree with those who feel TNA has always sucked, it definitely has sucked for a LONG time now. They have too much baggage that Jerry Springer likely wouldn't have them on his show. I think this time is the beginning of the end.
Don't you ever talk shit about Clair Lynch and her storyline.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Well, that's the thing, you know, I don't think it's much of a problem even if TNA keeps losing money. I mean, from what I gather they're like super super rich so I can't see TNA's losses being relevant at all. Although it's true that her mom took over part of the business financially, so who knows.
You don't get super rich by allowing money to bleed out

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
The most frustrating thing with all of this is that I'd love to post about how they can do this, or this, or this to try to rebuild the company, but... I don't see it at this point, do any of you?

Stopspot

Reaction score
The most frustrating thing with all of this is that I'd love to post about how they can do this, or this, or this to try to rebuild the company, but... I don't see it at this point, do any of you?
For it to happen they basically need to sell it off, strip it down, rebuild and allow said rebuilding to take time. Allow it to be "just an indy" for a while. But as long as the carters own it and Dixie thinks she can run a wrestling company I do not see it happening

• Haha
Reactions: Aids Johnson

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score

The Carters aren't as rich as people think. There are odd rumors that have been going around for years that Panda Energy could buy and sell WWE because of all the power plants they own. They actually don't own any. Panda designs and develops environmentally improved power plants for others.

I'll look for it later but about three years ago I researched this for another forum and at the time Bob Carter was worth about $300 million. Not chump change by any means, but not enough to really be unconcerned with TNA losing money.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Shit is the only way you can talk about her and her storyline.

I don't know, that storyline did inspire the super-serious zealot Christopher Daniels to realize he makes a great smartass on TV

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
You don't get super rich by allowing money to bleed out
Well, Turner was super rich and WCW bled money (much more than TNA, I think) for quite a while, no? I could definitely see the Carters not caring about TNA sucking financially, although it could go both ways here.

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
I may not be a TNA fan and only watched a handful of shows but it is sad to see any company die. On the other hand it seemed TNA was grasping at straws for the past couple of years so maybe it's officially time to call it once and for all.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Well, Turner was super rich and WCW bled money (much more than TNA, I think) for quite a while, no? I could definitely see the Carters not caring about TNA sucking financially, although it could go both ways here.
The Carters aren't Ted Turner. Ted is and was legitimately one of the richest people in modern time. He's Scrooge McDuck. Turner is/was also cooky as a pack of coco puffs. The Carters sans Dixie don't seem that way.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I don't know, that storyline did inspire the super-serious zealot Christopher Daniels to realize he makes a great smartass on TV

Christopher Daniels has been a great smartass before that. His heel work in Windy City Wrestling was gold.

• Haha