News Impact Wrestling Reportedly Cancelled

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Dave Meltzer of F4WOnline.com is reporting that Destination America has made the decision to cancel all TNA Wrestling programming in the fall once the current television season ends. According to Meltzer, the decision was made just days before the announcement that Impact would be moving to Wednesday nights and top people at the Discovery Channel were informed at that point.

While the ratings were considered good, it's said that they haven't been good enough to justify the cost of having TNA programming on the network. It's reported that several station advertisers specifically haven't wanted to advertise on the show.

Because it's in the best interest of both parties not to announce the decision right now, it's expected that Destination American won't publicly acknowledge the cancellation until the fall.

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
Let me rant here. TNA's always been shit. Every now and then they are all like, "watch TNA brah it's back brah" and I tune in, it's always the same shit. Faction vs. faction part 2: Electric Boogalo

just die already ffs

• Haha
Reactions: Danielson

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
That still leaves them with another 3-4 months to find another television deal with someone else. Not that their demise would affect me or anything, but this is hardly the first time they've been this close to going under and then managed to barely survive at the last moment anyway. Just saying.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
they technically still got tv deals outside of america. Like the UK and Germany. That's about it.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Let me rant here. TNA's always been shit. Every now and then they are all like, "watch TNA brah it's back brah" and I tune in, it's always the same shit. Faction vs. faction part 2: Electric Boogalo

just die already ffs
They've had some great matches over the years, but the storyline/angles portion of the show has pretty much always been lacking with only a few exceptions along the way IMO.

I didn't watch on a consistent basis for that long, but I'll say that Roode vs Aries is probably the best feud I've seen since I got back into wrestling a few years back

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
TNA has been better than WWE for the past year or so (even if it's not saying much) but this year we've had EC3 vs Spud which was glorious and were building up to EC3's first title reign...

Hopefully something happens and it gets worked out but TNA have some great young talent, Angle will be getting rekt by EC3, we have Roode/Aries vs Wolves, TARYN TERRELL IS LOVE (TARYN TERRELL IS LIFE) and the X-Division which is being featured more prominantly now with Destination-X coming up soon. I hope it all gets sorted out in the US, kinda sad that they have so many great overseas deals but in the US, they're so fucked. Maybe Netflix can save TNA in the US...

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
TNA has been better than WWE for the past year or so (even if it's not saying much) but this year we've had EC3 vs Spud which was glorious and were building up to EC3's first title reign...
lol

Hopefully something happens and it gets worked out but TNA have some great young talent, Angle will be getting rekt by EC3, we have Roode/Aries vs Wolves, TARYN TERRELL IS LOVE (TARYN TERRELL IS LIFE) and the X-Division which is being featured more prominantly now with Destination-X coming up soon. I hope it all gets sorted out in the US, kinda sad that they have so many great overseas deals but in the US, they're so fucked. Maybe Netflix can save TNA in the US...
lol x2

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Meh, I don't think they'll be able to find another outlet.. maybe WGN but I doubt it at this point.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Because it's in the best interest of both parties not to announce the decision right now, it's expected that Destination American won't publicly acknowledge the cancellation until the fall.

lol x3

Again: What did Discovery America expect?

Don't even know what to say about this

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Meh, I don't think they'll be able to find another outlet.. maybe WGN but I doubt it at this point.
Any new network will be a downgrade from DA, which was a downgrade from Spike. This is a vicious cycle TNA are stuck in