News Impact Wrestling Reportedly Cancelled

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
The Clair Lynch angle did make Daniels carry an appletini around everywhere with him. So if anything it created his budding alcoholism.

Reactions: Aids Johnson

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
For it to happen they basically need to sell it off, strip it down, rebuild and allow said rebuilding to take time. Allow it to be "just an indy" for a while. But as long as the carters own it and Dixie thinks she can run a wrestling company I do not see it happening

The main thing that makes me wonder is towards the end of the Russo years, when fans were screaming for "Just make the show about wrestling! That's all you need!" and now we have that and things are so... dry.
If it's "just an indy", then it's competing with ROH, NJPW, Lucha Underground... only catering to "hardcore" wrestling fans who largely don't want to give TNA a chance.

The thought was good, but in execution? I doubt it.

Reactions: Aids Johnson

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
The main thing that makes me wonder is towards the end of the Russo years, when fans were screaming for "Just make the show about wrestling! That's all you need!" and now we have that and things are so... dry.
If it's "just an indy", then it's competing with ROH, NJPW, Lucha Underground... only catering to "hardcore" wrestling fans who largely don't want to give TNA a chance.

The thought was good, but in execution? I doubt it.
I think they did the move when it was just too late.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I may not be a TNA fan and only watched a handful of shows but it is sad to see any company die. On the other hand it seemed TNA was grasping at straws for the past couple of years so maybe it's officially time to call it once and for all.

I agree. I may not be enjoying it like I used to, but there are people who do. There are also plenty of people who would lose their jobs if it goes out of business. I don't wish it to fold, I just stop watching when it sucks.

Snowman1

Reaction score
I think they did the move when it was just too late.

Seem to remember an immediate decrease in ratings when Russo left (-_-), possibly because they started pushing these lifelong "midcard guys" as main eventers.
2012 was largely a wrestling-based product around a bunch of desperate ratings ploys. While we loved the Roode vs Storm feud, BFG series, rise of Bad Influence, Joseph Park, Austin Freaking Aries, live TNA on the road and trying new ideas... it seems mostly remembered for way too freaking much Hulk Hogan, the signing of Brooke Hogan and insane Garrett Bischoff push, Gut Check, Claire Lynch, Joseph Park, giving up on the young guys to throw the belt on Hardy, the beginning of the... oh, what did Hogan call it... Pussies in Leather.

But that's TNA.

although Jacob Fox also has a point. Maybe they never truly recovered from the New Monday Night Wars, although I can't comment on that since that dumbshittery was actually when I started watching :(

Reactions: Red Rain

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Seem to remember an immediate decrease in ratings when Russo left (-_-), possibly because they started pushing these lifelong "midcard guys" as main eventers.
2012 was largely a wrestling-based product around a bunch of desperate ratings ploys. While we loved the Roode vs Storm feud, BFG series, rise of Bad Influence, Joseph Park, Austin Freaking Aries, live TNA on the road and trying new ideas... it seems mostly remembered for way too freaking much Hulk Hogan, the signing of Brooke Hogan and insane Garrett Bischoff push, Gut Check, Claire Lynch, Joseph Park, giving up on the young guys to throw the belt on Hardy, the beginning of the... oh, what did Hogan call it... Pussies in Leather.

But that's TNA.

although Jacob Fox also has a point. Maybe they never truly recovered from the New Monday Night Wars, although I can't comment on that since that dumbshittery was actually when I started watching :(

TNA in 2012 was awesome, it was the greatest reason we always had LD's after the fact. WWE does it often also, but Hogan and Dixie are mostly unbearable. Bully held that feud up the entire time, Aces and 8s were played out 10 seconds after he turned. Honestly even the Brooke hogan stuff was great.

Joey Ryan, the random departures, and of course that loser Chris Sabin getting a title run as the worst kind of generic heel....none of it compares to the shit with AJ Styles, how it was drawn out, and what the fans have seen over the past 18+ months. What gets me is why people think of all this money back in their wallet for fat, lazy, older midcard-at-best talent. Joe is gone, good. Sting is gone, great. Hogan is gone, they seem to have a lot of it together, it's just that TNA consistently knows how to throw a hammer in their product. It's why I barely watch, honestly I should give it another chance.

• Haha
Reactions: Snowman1

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score

But that's TNA.

:lol1: Another perfect example of stellar Aces and Eights booking. Hogan punks them out and they do nothing lol (and I bet they lost the 6 man tag that followed also).
As far as ratings go, yeah, I really can't say anything because I don't remember what the ratings were lol. But as far as the product goes, I do agree 2012 was pretty much wrestling but when Russo returned, early 2014 was some rough waters there lol. Chico Alvarez even quit the show for a month.

Snowman1

Reaction score
:lol1: Another perfect example of stellar Aces and Eights booking. Hogan punks them out and they do nothing lol (and I bet they lost the 6 man tag that followed also).
As far as ratings go, yeah, I really can't say anything because I don't remember what the ratings were lol. But as far as the product goes, I do agree 2012 was pretty much wrestling but when Russo returned, early 2014 was some rough waters there lol. Chico Alvarez even quit the show for a month.

Don't forget Chico @Testify

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
@Sheik keep us updated on the inevitable FTJ youtube Buildness recap video. You think we might even get a return?

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Maybe something good can come of this... like Roode and Aries to WWE. :please:

That would really float my boat!

Or hell, them going to NJPW/ROH (after TNA's dead), would float my boat, too!

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
As long as "that damn dirty dictator Solidus" owns the forum, FTJ ain't returning.
That's what you think, but we all know FTJ can't resist a new ice cream van!

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
kEv7woA.jpg

735.gif