News Impact Wrestling Reportedly Cancelled

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Think we can understand Jarrett's point of view with how he created a wrestling promotion and watched it turn into such a mess. Making the step to start a business takes a lot of love for it and a whole lot of effort and all of that...

But really, they went from "Wrestling Boom? Sounds like Jeff may have a few cool ideas up his sleeve..." to "Lol second TNA" in a month. Being on other sites and groups make it feel like GFW's beyond repair even when it's not.
Still, can you think of a better option to spread the word than what they did, Fox and Leo? (you probably can, seriously)

Also it'd be a good idea if he didn't hire Russo again.
Any way GFW just bans the use of email? :dawg:

• Haha
Reactions: Leo C

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Think we can understand Jarrett's point of view with how he created a wrestling promotion and watched it turn into such a mess. Making the step to start a business takes a lot of love for it and a whole lot of effort and all of that...

But really, they went from "Wrestling Boom? Sounds like Jeff may have a few cool ideas up his sleeve..." to "Lol second TNA" in a month. Being on other sites and groups make it feel like GFW's beyond repair even when it's not.
Still, can you think of a better option to spread the word than what they did, Fox and Leo? (you probably can, seriously)

Any way GFW just bans the use of email? :dawg:

Honestly, I don't really care that he is modeling GFW after TNA. If he models it after the way TNA was before Hogan and Bischoff came along, I'm all for it. He's a promoter. Like an author or a singer, there's going to be a certain consistency in his work. A few of the GFW groups I post on pretty much expected it from the beginning to be like TNA was... using the six sided ring, many of the same wrestlers, similar business structure. None of that bothers me because if I end up getting a product like TNA between 2006 and 2009, I will be happy.

My impression is that Jarrett is using the same model as TNA to accentuate the differences in what he did with TNA as compared to what Dixie, Hogan and Bischoff did with it. I have always thought that would be the case. It may have worked too, if he didn't get involved in this whole invasion angle.

People have been saying GFW is beyond repair or a failure since Jarrett announced it. They said the same things about TNA when it started. Mere weeks after GFW was announced, the majority of people on my groups just started their bitching about "Why isn't it here yet?" and now "Why don't they have a TV deal?" and it's been non stop bitching for the entire time period. I just tuned them out at this point. I think GFW could stand a good chance despite all of that, this dalliance with TNA, however, I just don't know.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Rumors are back folks.

There's a lot more concern for TNA's future with Destination America now that we're into September with no word from the network or their parent company Discovery, or TNA, about the status of Impact Wrestling after this month. We noted a few months back that an internal memo revealed Discovery was using their first-year out clause and canceling the multi-year deal with TNA. At the time it was stated the issues were due to programming costs and how hard it was to sell advertising time, not the ratings. However, the ratings haven't really improved, even with the move to Wednesday nights.

TNA officials insist that they major announcements coming, according to PWInsider, but nobody who's talking in TNA knows for sure if they will still be on Destination America after this month. Also, there has been no announcement for October TNA TV tapings.

When TNA signed the deal with Discovery, one of the points of the deal was Discovery would be able to syndicate Impact Wrestling in any market where TNA didn't already have a TV deal. Another bad sign for the company is Impact was being pulled from Discovery en Espanol, which aired Impact replays in Spanish on Saturdays. The show has also been pulled from Discovery Romania and Eurosports Finland, which is owned by Discovery.

Source

Hopefully they get canceled and signed to a network the majority of Americans have.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rumors are back folks.

Source

Hopefully they get canceled and signed to a network the majority of Americans have.

It's beginning to seem like these rumors are going to keep on until they actually get cancelled :)

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
It's beginning to seem like these rumors are going to keep on until they actually get cancelled :)
Yeah, like the rumors that were circulating from 2006-2014 with Spike.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Back? These rumors never left. TNA are on their final legs as a TV promotion

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
If TNA can get on a network that will actually be 100% behind them, I'm sure they can bounce back. More live events this year on the Road to BFG, some of the young talents are thriving (EC3, The Wolves, Spud) and with no drama surrounding their shows, they can actually keep retaining more big stars and hopefully do 4 big PPVs a year.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
If TNA can get on a network that will actually be 100% behind them, I'm sure they can bounce back. More live events this year on the Road to BFG, some of the young talents are thriving (EC3, The Wolves, Spud) and with no drama surrounding their shows, they can actually keep retaining more big stars and hopefully do 4 big PPVs a year.
TNA are supposed to be out of the PPV game post BFG. No one is buying them.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
This is so sad.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Who? Being "Which TV network will sign them" is more of pointing out how they had to settle for Destination America last time with a really shitty deal, and now they're trusting the same people who put them in this mess to do it again.

was hurriedly sent on my tablet yeah

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
??? Source isn't reliable either, I don't think anyone is gonna sign TNA over with how bad the product is...

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
??? Source isn't reliable either, I don't think anyone is gonna sign TNA over with how bad the product is...
Well It was more of a hope, rather than a fact.