Ecw to be dropped and re-branded?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

It's been reported this week that major changes are coming to WWE in the early months of 2010, with the ECW brand likely being shut down. According to a sources, WWE also has big changes in store for the SmackDown brand. The feeling is that RAW has enhanced its identity with the Guest Host concept and SmackDown needs something of its own to stand out. While nothing official has been decided on yet, it's believed that any big changes will take place after year ends.

Can't...have...two..decent wrestling shows...Must...shit on....Smackdown.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
WTF! so its official that ECW is gone? .... this is bad, what other show can we see mid-cards main eventing? Superstars doesnt cut it for me.

Reaction score
The place so nice they named it twice...new york,
Also LMAO @ "Enhanced its identity" with the guest hosts.

Yes, lets watch RAW on Hollywood seroids.... smh

how much longer do we have to see Miz get a rub from the stars?

And I agree with someone said previously, if you going to change ECW to something else and get rid of that title at least bring back a meaningful title like the Television Championship

noumenon

Wait...are you saying Miz only looks good because he's getting a rub off the "celebs"?

MizMasta3000

Looks 2010 will be my break from wrestling if it gets too bad

LKP

2010 could be a massive year in change in wwe. I think cena,hhh,taker, batista should all drop down and let kofi, sheamus,drew, JOMO take over the main event scene.

Kizza

No Cena or Hunter in the main event would be horrible.

People were calling for Cena to piss off, and when he was out, it was even worse then when he was dominant. Morrison isn't ready. Heck, none of those guys are.

Kizza

Lmao. Only person who could currently be believable in main event and currently isn't is Punk.

MizMasta3000

gotta agree. I cant see guys like Kofi, JoMo, or even Swagger in the ME without a vet putting them over or giving them a rub. Imagine WM 27 ME Kofi vs Swagger for the WWE title :lac: wouldnt draw

noumenon

Without guys like Cena and Triple H in the main event for the time being there would be no one to make these young guys look good or have the majority of the audience give a fuck about why they should watch them.
There's this huge wave lately where people are making it sound like Cena is done and needs to take a step back. The guy is in his 20's for fuck's sake! Trust me, we've still got at least another 10 years of Cena in the main event. The problem isn't that he's in the main event, it's the fact that he's been in it with the same three guys for four years now.